HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Timmins coming up on Team 990 at 11:25

Old
04-25-2008, 12:28 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Cakes!

vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rated R Superstar View Post
He's actually good.
I know, but it would be hilarious still.

Marc the Habs Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 12:48 PM
Dan K
HFBoards Partner

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Dan K
I think Chet goes before our 2nd round pick. If he's somehow still available, I'd definitely grab him there. Seems to have great upside, and Price is familiar with him.

I don't want a goalie in round 1. Time to grab a legit offensive threat of a prospect, even if it's a high risk/high reward type pick on a guy like a David Perron.

Dan K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 02:23 PM
GNick42

If he played with Price wouldn't he be older than 18?

GNick42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 02:31 PM
Dan K
HFBoards Partner

Send a message via MSN to Dan K
Quote:
Originally Posted by GNick42 View Post
If he played with Price wouldn't he be older than 18?
Don't forget Price was in Tri City just last year. Feels like a long time ago, but in fact, the two were together there one season ago.

Dan K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 02:53 PM
guest1467

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingDinger View Post
He has really come on in the last year. He has really good size (6'3) and seems to rise to the occasion in the biggest games. Is a bit cocky at times, but I don't see that as a bad thing in a goalie usually. I have seen him play a couple times last year and 20-25 times this year, and he has improved a lot. He has said many times that backing up Carey Price was a huge help in his development, especially in being in position for the second and third shots and having the right angles. Ollie Kolzig has worked with him in the off season as well. But I have really been immpressed with him in this Spokane series. For the first time all year, at least in the first 3 games, the ams were outshot and out worked while Spokane took it to the ams and Pickard was the difference. I would think he could go anywhere from 15-25 on draft day. He is the number one North American goalie right now so I don't see how he is doing anything but helping his draft stock in the playoffs. I've seen them all come through T.C. and he's right on par with Kolzig and Price and ahead of Brian Boucher and Steve Passmore.
This is what a poster said about Pickard on the dub board.

guest1467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 03:04 PM
Melvin Udall

Is Brunnstrom a UFA?

Is Brunnstrom a UFA?

ANY ONE HAVE ANY INFO ON HIM (aside fro statistics)?

GO HABS GO!

Melvin Udall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 03:15 PM
Kachino

vCash: 50
Nice recap post Marc The Habs Fan...

Kachino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 03:21 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
And I'll bet on Jake Allen in order to have a closer look since he'll play in Verdun next year. Again, if we end up with Allen and/or Adam, chances are Verdun will see me more than my wife will....

I believe with the kind of season Pickard had and is still having in the playoffs, he'll end up a 1st or beginning of a 2nd rounder. I really doubt we will use a 1st rounder again on a goalie.....And Pickard will be gone when it will be time to speak with our 2nd pick. Chances are Allen will be there at our 2nd pick, better would be to use a 3rd for Allen. If not, since we don't have a 5th and 6th, we should use our 3rd or our 4th on a goalie.

If he was the best player available at our pick I would not hesitate. Any player drafted in 2008 is 2-4 years from the NHL anyways, by that time the Habs will either have to trade Halak or let him walk if he keeps developing. They have depth at every other position...or worst case it makes for good trade bait if we need a rental player. I'd rather draft a future #1 NHL goalie than a 3rd line winger in the 1st round.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 08:10 PM
habsdude

I dont understand the need to re-stock the goalie cupboards. With Price and Halak, the habs are set in nets for at least 10 years, more like 15. I know goalies take a long time to develop, but not THAT long. Are we concerned with Hamilton's depth? Because that shouldnt be our focus. Someone please enlighten me.

habsdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 08:15 PM
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube

I love the fact tony ask him about conboy! I was surprised he knew who andrew conboy was lol also loved timmins answer about emelin! Make sure you dont sign any more contract in russia lol

JeromeHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 08:18 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsdude View Post
I dont understand the need to re-stock the goalie cupboards. With Price and Halak, the habs are set in nets for at least 10 years, more like 15. I know goalies take a long time to develop, but not THAT long. Are we concerned with Hamilton's depth? Because that shouldnt be our focus. Someone please enlighten me.
Do you honestly believe for 2 seconds Halak is sticking around for 10-15 years?! WOW.

He is going to get a starting job/alternate #1 job somewhere in the NHL within the next 2-3 years... Maybe even this summer should he opt to hold out on his RFA status. Not to mention there is a serious drop off in the talent pool below Halak.

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 08:34 PM
habsdude

Yeah I guess youre right. Im really hoping Halak will accept his backup role to Price, but the guy is too talented. He deserves a chance at a No. 1 spot somewhere. I suppose his departure is inevitable and thats too bad.

habsdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 08:40 PM
LyleOdelein

Awesome recap Marc. I highly enjoy it when Timmins talks candidly. Love what was said about McDo and MaxPac. Conboy sounds very intriguing.

LyleOdelein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 10:39 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
'Cause not so long ago, we called "stacked" in goal having Huet, Aebischer, Price, Halak, Danis, and Lacasse.

Now, while Lacasse is still under contract, he shouldn't be considered as a potential anymore, or so I think, we have out of that list, Price and Halak, while we don't know how the Desjardins situation will be handled.

With Price being the #1 goalie for a long time, or so we think, Danis will certainly want to try his luck elsewhere. Desjardins might only have the potential to be a AHL'er and Halak might want to be move in 1, 2 or 3 years. So since it might take 4 years for a goalie to develop, he might be ready just as Halak might want to leave. I know that you could always go UFA or trade but it might tough to get a quality goalie that way.

And then you never know what might happen to Price. As much depth as you have at every postiion, the better you are. I understand it should not be our focus, since we have other needs but it should be addressed.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2008, 10:55 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
'Cause not so long ago, we called "stacked" in goal having Huet, Aebischer, Price, Halak, Danis, and Lacasse.

Now, while Lacasse is still under contract, he shouldn't be considered as a potential anymore, or so I think, we have out of that list, Price and Halak, while we don't know how the Desjardins situation will be handled.

With Price being the #1 goalie for a long time, or so we think, Danis will certainly want to try his luck elsewhere. Desjardins might only have the potential to be a AHL'er and Halak might want to be move in 1, 2 or 3 years. So since it might take 4 years for a goalie to develop, he might be ready just as Halak might want to leave. I know that you could always go UFA or trade but it might tough to get a quality goalie that way.

And then you never know what might happen to Price. As much depth as you have at every postiion, the better you are. I understand it should not be our focus, since we have other needs but it should be addressed.
I think Halak will leave if he isn't traded. He thinks he's too good to play no more than 20 games and see no playoff action. Danis wouldn't mind that arrangement.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2008, 12:01 AM
Slick Nick

Great read Marc, thanks!

Slick Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2008, 12:13 AM
Habbiebo0gie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
I think Halak will leave if he isn't traded. He thinks he's too good to play no more than 20 games and see no playoff action. Danis wouldn't mind that arrangement.
And I think he's right. I mean, seriously, with the goaltenders some of these other teams have been sporting this year? Halak can definitely find a #1 job in the NHL.

Habbiebo0gie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2008, 12:39 AM
Nitehowl

[QUOTE=Marc the Habs Fan;13857347]He's on now.

Recap:

THANK YOU THANK YOU

Nitehowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2008, 12:43 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Thanks for the recap Marc!

hototogisu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2008, 01:45 AM
superstar436

will yemelin play for russia in that tournament in Q starting 2morrow

would be a great test for him

superstar436 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2008, 02:20 AM
Phil Parent
Djee-zosse!

I wonder if Brunnstrom is overage for the draft too.

I know after Streit that Put a limit on age but don't know at what it is. Junior age maximum, 20 years old?

Phil Parent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2008, 03:29 AM
guest1467

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Parent View Post
I wonder if Brunnstrom is overage for the draft too.

I know after Streit that Put a limit on age but don't know at what it is. Junior age maximum, 20 years old?
I believe he is now a UFA. He cannot be drafted, he needs to be signed.

guest1467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2008, 10:15 AM
wedge

I don't get it.. Why did overage players like Streit and Franzen needed to get drafted and Brunnstrom doesn't need it?

Or maybe it's because they've changed the rules in the new CBA?

wedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2008, 10:38 AM
MJG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markov79fan View Post
I love the fact tony ask him about conboy! I was surprised he knew who andrew conboy was lol also loved timmins answer about emelin! Make sure you dont sign any more contract in russia lol
I bet he reads the boards quite frequently.

MJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2008, 10:43 AM
SOLR

Quote:
Contrary to many, I see this as a priority, it's our position that is most in needs. Sure we want a big, fast, talented center with character, trouble is he doesnt exist in this draft.

Last edited by SOLR: 04-26-2008 at 10:50 AM.
SOLR is offline   Reply With Quote