HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

On the Habs bandwagon

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-26-2008, 11:00 AM
  #1
tigga334
SHERO**your guy
 
tigga334's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Pittsburgh
Country: United States
Posts: 48
vCash: 500
On the Habs bandwagon

I was reading the flyers and rags boards and Im seeing that they've both decided to root against us. So Im really rooting for you guys to dispatch them and we'll get rid of the rags and show them how this game is really played.

thanks for your support in advance.

tigga334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2008, 11:02 AM
  #2
Dan K
HFBoards Partner
 
Dan K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,176
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Dan K
I'm also hoping the Pens beat the Rangers.

Though, admittedly, mostly because I like our chances better vs. Pittsburgh than New York.

But it would be a great, exciting, close Conference Finals if we can both win this round!

Dan K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2008, 11:06 AM
  #3
Bill McNeal
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,149
vCash: 50
The more the merrier.

Keep in mind though, should both our respective teams happen to make it to the next round, you will hate us.

Bill McNeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2008, 11:07 AM
  #4
Travis Moen
Registered User
 
Travis Moen's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Montréal
Posts: 1,806
vCash: 500
I'm rooting for the Rags.
**** the penguins!

Travis Moen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2008, 11:09 AM
  #5
tigga334
SHERO**your guy
 
tigga334's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Pittsburgh
Country: United States
Posts: 48
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogurt View Post
The more the merrier.

Keep in mind though, should both our respective teams happen to make it to the next round, you will hate us.
Oh of course but until then i think we can both agree that our respective opponents just terrible people

tigga334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2008, 11:20 AM
  #6
BeatsPerMinute
Registered User
 
BeatsPerMinute's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 838
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigcortex View Post
I'm rooting for the Rags.
**** the penguins!
I'm with you there.

BeatsPerMinute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2008, 11:22 AM
  #7
Corey
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 3,300
vCash: 500
The Flyers won't get any suspensions for cheap hits against the Penguins because they won't last long enough to meet the Penguins in May 2008.

Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2008, 11:29 AM
  #8
xeric716x
Born To Expire
 
xeric716x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: New Jack City
Country: Antarctica
Posts: 10,921
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigcortex View Post
I'm rooting for the Rags.
**** the penguins!
yea, me too

xeric716x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2008, 11:35 AM
  #9
Psycho Papa Joe
Porkchop Hoser
 
Psycho Papa Joe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Cesspool, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,357
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigga334 View Post
I was reading the flyers and rags boards and Im seeing that they've both decided to root against us. So Im really rooting for you guys to dispatch them and we'll get rid of the rags and show them how this game is really played.

thanks for your support in advance.
The Flyers/Rangers are the Alliance of Evil. The Pens and Habs represent all that is good in this world.

Psycho Papa Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2008, 12:00 PM
  #10
Vilgrain
 
Vilgrain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 146
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Papa Joe View Post
The Flyers/Rangers are the Alliance of Evil. The Pens and Habs represent all that is good in this world.
HAHAHA good vs evil

sure,
go pens go, until next round

Vilgrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2008, 12:18 PM
  #11
JustAHabFan
Registered User
 
JustAHabFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 4,204
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Papa Joe View Post
The Flyers/Rangers are the Alliance of Evil. The Pens and Habs represent all that is good in this world.
I still do not like Cindy Crosby. I think she did embelish near the end of last nigtht game to get a penalty.

JustAHabFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2008, 12:50 PM
  #12
Dwight
The French Tickler
 
Dwight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: West Island
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,755
vCash: 500
Sorry pal, I'm rooting for the Rangers

Dwight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2008, 01:37 PM
  #13
Montrealer
Registered User
 
Montrealer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Chambly QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,450
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAHabFan View Post
I still do not like Cindy Crosby. I think she did embelish near the end of last nigtht game to get a penalty.
Wow, a player embellishing. That never happens, right Mike Modano?



I'd take Crosby on my team anyday. Are you seriously saying you wouldn't? LOL.

Montrealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2008, 05:04 PM
  #14
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny
 
Hackett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,806
vCash: 500
here we are again looking to next round already. Bad karma.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2008, 05:09 PM
  #15
JustAHabFan
Registered User
 
JustAHabFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 4,204
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montrealer View Post
Wow, a player embellishing. That never happens, right Mike Modano?



I'd take Crosby on my team anyday. Are you seriously saying you wouldn't? LOL.
I don't know. I like his skillset and his determination. But I do not like his whining, emblishmentm etc. With all that said, I will take him in my team anytime.

JustAHabFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2008, 05:12 PM
  #16
Laps40
Registered User
 
Laps40's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 147
vCash: 500
Go Habs Go

Go Pens Go

But forgot the previous line next round

Laps40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2008, 05:31 PM
  #17
OneSharpMarble
Registered User
 
OneSharpMarble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,052
vCash: 500
Go penguins, lets watch the Rags fail at trying to buy the cup again!

The more people rally against the Habs the better, we like being the underdog. Besides those camps are full of nothing but ref whiners and crybabies.

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 04:32 PM
  #18
AquaticBirdman
Gladams FTW!
 
AquaticBirdman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Montreal, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 22,892
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigcortex View Post
I'm rooting for the Rags.
**** the penguins!
Sounds more like fear to me.

AquaticBirdman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 04:34 PM
  #19
AquaticBirdman
Gladams FTW!
 
AquaticBirdman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Montreal, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 22,892
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAHabFan View Post
I don't know. I like his skillset and his determination. But I do not like his whining, emblishmentm etc. With all that said, I will take him in my team anytime.
All star players embelish and try to draw penalties. Kovalev has done numerous times, and it's pretty been part of the game for quite some time now. Why people try to single Sid out and make it seem as though he invented it is beyond me. Even Mario and Gretzky used to do it back in the day. It's just one of the many perks of being a star player that the opposition is always gunning for. You know that on most occassions you will get the benefit of the doubt.

AquaticBirdman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 04:58 PM
  #20
JustAHabFan
Registered User
 
JustAHabFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 4,204
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony66 View Post
All star players embelish and try to draw penalties. Kovalev has done numerous times, and it's pretty been part of the game for quite some time now. Why people try to single Sid out and make it seem as though he invented it is beyond me. Even Mario and Gretzky used to do it back in the day. It's just one of the many perks of being a star player that the opposition is always gunning for. You know that on most occassions you will get the benefit of the doubt.
The embellishment is surely work. In today's game, he got impeded by Straka (I beleived) and fell to the ice and Straka got a penalty. It's a weak call because Straka has position over Crosby. If I was the ref, I will also give a 2 minutes to Crosby for diving. Instance like these make other fans dislike Crosby even though we are all agree that he got a tremendous talent and I always play the game with passion.

JustAHabFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 05:03 PM
  #21
JustAHabFan
Registered User
 
JustAHabFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 4,204
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony66 View Post
Sounds more like fear to me.
We still have to take care of the Flyers which is not an easy task. If we can get by the Flyers, I prefer the Habs to face Pittsburgh because we do not match up well with NYR. We could have easily lost all 4 games against the NYR in the regular season. So I do really cheer for you guys and hoping Pittsburgh-NYR will go 7 games.

JustAHabFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 05:44 PM
  #22
Hawerchuk9
Registered User
 
Hawerchuk9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Delson, Québec
Posts: 233
vCash: 500
Go Pens Go!

Hawerchuk9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 06:44 PM
  #23
Gret99zky
Worst Thread Ever
 
Gret99zky's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Gamma Quadrant
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,550
vCash: 6964
Here's to a long hard fought series between the Rangers and Penguins which includes multiple overtimes and goes seven games, exhausting both teams completely.

Gret99zky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 09:30 PM
  #24
AquaticBirdman
Gladams FTW!
 
AquaticBirdman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Montreal, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 22,892
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAHabFan View Post
We still have to take care of the Flyers which is not an easy task. If we can get by the Flyers, I prefer the Habs to face Pittsburgh because we do not match up well with NYR. We could have easily lost all 4 games against the NYR in the regular season. So I do really cheer for you guys and hoping Pittsburgh-NYR will go 7 games.

Oh trust me, I'd be all for that as well.

AquaticBirdman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 09:33 PM
  #25
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant
 
VAN-HAB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Shinagawa, Tokyo
Country: Japan
Posts: 7,762
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigga334 View Post
I was reading the flyers and rags boards and Im seeing that they've both decided to root against us. So Im really rooting for you guys to dispatch them and we'll get rid of the rags and show them how this game is really played.

thanks for your support in advance.
you got it
go pens, go habs

for now

VAN-HAB is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:35 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.