HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

GDT: GAME 2 ECSF 4/26/08 Philadelphia @ Montreal 7PM EDT RDS (HD), CBC (HD), VERSUS

Closed Thread

Old
04-26-2008, 09:01 PM
HabsPack

vCash: 500
Stevens whining again ... this time about Kosto's play at the end, lol ... yet his Flyers are the dirtiest team in the league and got by far the benfit of the calls tonight.

I hope Carbo realizes that he should start playing up to the media also to make the refs think twice about calls on the ice.

Old
04-26-2008, 09:02 PM
PensFever71

Put it to the team rather than the refs...that's a cop out and a sorry excuse. I fully expected the Habs to handle the Flyers but they cant keep playing from behind. Hang your hat on the way you guys robbed Philly blind in game 1, pack it up and hope your offensive talent shows up in the first period in game 3.

Old
04-26-2008, 09:02 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

that's probably the best game we have played all year and not won...amazing lack of finish and lack of big saves by Price. We outchanced them by a mile, just need to stop misiing great chances.

Old
04-26-2008, 09:03 PM
emb24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsPack View Post
Stevens whining again ... this time about Kosto's play at the end, lol ... yet his Flyers are the dirtiest team in the league and got by far the benfit of the calls tonight.

I hope Carbo realizes that he should start playing up to the media also to make the refs think twice about calls on the ice.
habs should just start spearing and running biron. we should dress stewart next game - dress latendresse and crash the net

Old
sheed36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unstable View Post
Guys, you won an entire game on a phantom kneeing call. Bad calls happen. The whining is really unbecoming - it's my least favorite thing about hfboards in general and I wish everyone (including Flyers fans) could get over it. See you Monday.

And yes, Biron - not the Flyers as a whole - should get the credit for the win. This time of year, a goalie can steal a game.

You complain that the whining is unbecoming but you are still whining about a so call phantom kneeing call... Lets all agree the refs suck so bad it is beyond pathetic......

Old
JayPSU

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsoluteFate View Post
do me a favor and get the hell out of here instead of trolling around...we don't need the likes of you

if you want to complain about Habs fans go do it somewhere else you loser
LOL...I didn't realize that I couldn't come to your board and offer an opinion. I wouldn't have posted at all until I saw people calling us a garbage team that sucks. If you, or more importantly, your team thinks that this will be a very short series and you'll be very disappointed.

Old
HabsoluteFate

Can you trolls get the hell out of here??

Where the hell are the mods?

Old
04-26-2008, 09:04 PM
Habsrichard

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayPSU View Post
Oh please, there were a dozen missed calls on BOTH sides. The Habs with all their interference, picks, hooks, and dirty play along the boards that was never called. It worked both ways.
Maybe you should just go post in the "Infuriated by the refs" thread on your board. If you read the post game thread, most Habs fans are not blaming the refs for the loss.

Old
04-26-2008, 09:04 PM
emb24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by PensFever71 View Post
Put it to the team rather than the refs...that's a cop out and a sorry excuse. I fully expected the Habs to handle the Flyers but they cant keep playing from behind. Hang your hat on the way you guys robbed Philly blind in game 1, pack it up and hope your offensive talent shows up in the first period in game 3.
yup the difference has been these dumb 2 goal holes to start games

Old
04-26-2008, 09:05 PM

Quote:
LOL...I didn't realize that I couldn't come to your board and offer an opinion. I wouldn't have posted at all until I saw people calling us a garbage team that sucks. If you, or more importantly, your team thinks that this will be a very short series and you'll be very disappointed.
You have a garbage team.

Old
emb24*

Quote:
it's an opinion? no one thinks it's going to be a short series. we just like to laugh at how dirty a team philly is. and if you don't 'embrace' our opinion, well just look at the suspension list this year

Old
Nashy
The Honey Badger

Quote:

Yeah, bet there's nobody saying that the Habs suck on the Flyers boards....

and now that you've offered your opinion......**** off.

Old
04-26-2008, 09:06 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsPack View Post

Hatcher is running around like a lunatic and Stevens is whining...PERICELESS!

Old
04-26-2008, 09:07 PM
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

Quote:
Originally Posted by emb24 View Post
habs should just start spearing and running biron. we should dress stewart next game - dress latendresse and crash the net
We're not the Boston Bruins, we dress Ryder and our top guns learn how to shoot for the corners and not the posts and Biron's chest. That's how we'll win.

Old
04-26-2008, 09:07 PM
Unstable

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
You complain that the whining is unbecoming but you are still whining about a so call phantom kneeing call... Lets all agree the refs suck so bad it is beyond pathetic......
It was intended as an abstract statement of fact. I really try to be objective, as you saw when I called a fellow Flyers fan on WHINING about the very-legit "high stick" goal. I also can't really blame the goal on the kneeing penalty - all the Flyers had to do was win that face off and throw the puck at the empty net, and they couldn't.

Winners take good bounces and run with them, losers take bad bounces and choke on them. Bad calls are just a different kind of bounce.

Old
04-26-2008, 09:08 PM
HabsoluteFate

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68 View Post
You have a garbage team.
Quote:
it's an opinion? no one thinks it's going to be a short series. we just like to laugh at how dirty a team philly is. and if you don't 'embrace' our opinion, well just look at the suspension list this year
LOL you dont need anymore proof than that

Old
04-26-2008, 09:08 PM
emb24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Hatcher is running around like a lunatic and Stevens is whining...PERICELESS!
is there a player who gets away with more than hatcher? how many crosschecks after whistles? how did TK get a penalty when he came over and gave him a shot behind the net?

Old
04-26-2008, 09:09 PM
emb24*

Quote:
It was intended as an abstract statement of fact. I really try to be objective, as you saw when I called a fellow Flyers fan on WHINING about the very-legit "high stick" goal. I also can't really blame the goal on the kneeing penalty - all the Flyers had to do was win that face off and throw the puck at the empty net, and they couldn't.

Winners take good bounces and run with them, losers take bad bounces and choke on them. Bad calls are just a different kind of bounce.
true enough. should be interesting games in philly. i expect price to be better.

Old
JayPSU

Quote:
Ok, my opinion is we have 7 guys with more than 20 goals, 5 of which had or were on the verge of scoring 30. Not exactly a garbage team. But hey, you have a right to your opinion. I'm not here to troll, I'm here to talk about the series and I assumed it was ok to do so.

Old
PensFever71

I've been on the wagon since my birth in '85...are you questioning my fanhood...lol

ps. i wish i knew how to quote someone

Old
04-26-2008, 09:10 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Guys, you won an entire game on a phantom kneeing call. Bad calls happen. The whining is really unbecoming - it's my least favorite thing about hfboards in general and I wish everyone (including Flyers fans) could get over it. See you Monday.

And yes, Biron - not the Flyers as a whole - should get the credit for the win. This time of year, a goalie can steal a game.
Biron was solid...a lot moreso than Price...but I thought it was more the Habs lacjking finish than him stong them. Thery hit 4 or 5 posts and a couple times he was out of position to one side and they shot back into him.

Old
04-26-2008, 09:10 PM
JayPSU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nashy View Post
Yeah, bet there's nobody saying that the Habs suck on the Flyers boards....

and now that you've offered your opinion......**** off.
There's not, actually. Most of us have said that we have to find a way to contain your speed or we'll be in trouble. We may not like some of your players, but we know you guys have a good team. but hey, stick to your preconceptions of us.

Old
04-26-2008, 09:11 PM
emb24*

Quote:
Ok, my opinion is we have 7 guys with more than 20 goals, 5 of which had or were on the verge of scoring 30. Not exactly a garbage team. But hey, you have a right to your opinion. I'm not here to troll, I'm here to talk about the series and I assumed it was ok to do so.
no, you're here to validate your insecurities. go to your own board for some back slapping. my opinion?

the flyers have some nice offensive players but are by FAR the dirtiest team in the NHL. we just played the bruins, the toughest team in the east and they don't do nearly the shiite philly does. not even close.

you have a good goalie and your D is mediocre. the team that wants it more will win this series. if we play to our potential and WORK we should be fine

Old
04-26-2008, 09:16 PM
emb24*

habs needed a game like this. it was a good lesson, in showing up from minute 1. we played well for 5 mins and then had a few lapses...dominated them for long stretches. habs need to up their intensity level. i think we keep forgetting just how young this team is.
we had more shots and scoring chances

price 20
kos jr 21
kos sr 23
gorges 23
o'byrne 23
higgins 24
pleks 25
komo 26
laps 22

tenderness 20
stewart 21