HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Garabage Goals for Flyers

Old
04-27-2008, 12:14 AM
Chomsky

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyguy1234 View Post
I'm not crying, I'm saying that this could just as easily be 2-0 and in fact should be 2-0. It's hardly crying, I'm pointing out an obvious fact.
If you imply 2-0 for either team, then yes.

Chomsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 12:16 AM
Brass

the only 2 garbage goal were the 2 of game 1 ,brisebois and lupul ankle

after that blame it on Price. and the defense , But Not Gorges! lol Komisarek is pretty bad in this serie

Brass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 12:19 AM
Ice Poutine
Photoshop Nut

Quote:
Like you guys got the **** off our board on Thursday night?
Heyyy... thanks for reminding me. Me and my pals wil make it a point to post much more on your Board now!

Like you guys say: its an infestation and its about to get worse!

Ice Poutine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 12:21 AM
BWAVgal
A sad Flyers fan

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chomsky View Post
If you imply 2-0 for either team, then yes.
2-0 for the Flyers, not the Habs. Philly has a knack for winning games where they get outplayed. They've done it all year.

BWAVgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 12:24 AM
Caseofcups*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWAVgal View Post
2-0 for the Flyers, not the Habs. Philly has a knack for winning games where they get outplayed. They've done it all year.
Try the reverse and maybe you can save some of your credibility

Caseofcups* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 12:36 AM
Turbo

Quote:
Like you guys got the **** off our board on Thursday night?
Nice. I guess this just confirms that classless trolling ****** don't just come from the Habs board.

Listen, most of us weren't anywhere near your board, ever. Most here understand that sports fan need their space after a loss. They like to vent their frustrations and will say stupid things at times while they go through the post-mortem of the game.

And it's not difficult to comprehend that opponents will view things from a completely different perspective.

The funny thing is that after coming back from the Bell Center, I didn't feel that bad about the loss. Bad bounces for us, Habs didn't capitalize on their multiple opportunities while the Flyers did admirably with theirs. Entertaining game, refereeing was not to blame. "We'll get them next time if we continue to give a strong effort," we told ourselves.

Then I had to read the crap from your trolls. Bruins fans had more class when they came to our board.

Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 12:36 AM
Corey

I'm reasonably sure the Habs will score on Biron but it's also necessary for Price and the D to firm up.

Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 12:44 AM
pepperMonkey

Yup, we certainly dominated both games...too bad when we do make a mistake it's usually a whopper and we end up getting scored on. Plus Price hasn't been sharp at all during the last two games. Frankly considering the domination, we should be up 2-0, unfortunately we were very lucky just to come out with a split. That just sounds logically wrong but true. We need to tighten our D, Price needs to get sharp, and we need to be able to finish. Markov had two open nets he missed on in one powerplay! We had some glorious chances but couldn't capitilize.

pepperMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 12:55 AM
Chomsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWAVgal View Post

Chomsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 01:05 AM
CrazyShea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo View Post
Nice. I guess this just confirms that classless trolling ****** don't just come from the Habs board.

Listen, most of us weren't anywhere near your board, ever. Most here understand that sports fan need their space after a loss. They like to vent their frustrations and will say stupid things at times while they go through the post-mortem of the game.

And it's not difficult to comprehend that opponents will view things from a completely different perspective.

The funny thing is that after coming back from the Bell Center, I didn't feel that bad about the loss. Bad bounces for us, Habs didn't capitalize on their multiple opportunities while the Flyers did admirably with theirs. Entertaining game, refereeing was not to blame. "We'll get them next time if we continue to give a strong effort," we told ourselves.

Then I had to read the crap from your trolls. Bruins fans had more class when they came to our board.
Good post. Pretty immature to come troll our board because some of our posters felt the need to do it to them. If you see trolling, report it and dont even reply to the idiot simple. But i feel that if the game was reffed the way the entire season was reffed we would of had double the amount of powerplays we did have. Not sure why the refs were letting alot of bs go. But thats it i guess, we out played them for the second game and for the second game in a row they got all the bounces. Like you said the loss does not have me worried the same way a loss to the bruins did.

CrazyShea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 01:51 AM
AaronTrieu

The flyers got the the bounces? Which were good bounces?

AaronTrieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 02:24 AM
Kachino

vCash: 50
Garbage goals = goals! Don't care how the goal is scored. A goal is a goal. If they beat us 4 games out of seven... They are the better team. That's why it's best of 7 series. I just can't wait for game 3...

Kachino is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 07:00 AM
hackeyisneat
Incostitsynt

im sure most flyers fans are tired of people still whining about kovalev in game 1. they reviewed the goal, we all saw the damn replay, it was good
the penalty at the end was not an easy call either
get over it you cry babies!

hackeyisneat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 08:11 AM
Prendan Brust

Quote:
I'm not crying, I'm saying that this could just as easily be 2-0 and in fact should be 2-0. It's hardly crying, I'm pointing out an obvious fact.
You're trolling but I'm pretty sure you know deep down inside that this series could very well be 2-0 habs too.

Prendan Brust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 08:16 AM
Crusher20

Send a message via AIM to Crusher20 Send a message via Yahoo to Crusher20
Flyers are no match, habs are definetaly a superior team.. but that is what scares me.. Philly is underated.. despite not being constently in the offensive zone, they still manage to score clutch goals.. none very nice.. not because the shots are bad or so.. because we made a shaky play before they happen, on the other hand we hand probably 3 times the chances they had.. but we simply didnt bury it, Biron as played great, and we did shot at him and post couple of times as well.. Seriously, we have seen the flyers here and there.. and the goals where in..

PLEASE PEOPLE REALISE THIS :
Flyers are not to be taken lightly, Boston felt the way we do now.. the outchance us and we still won..

Now its up for us to start burying those change.. Carey Price better be up the challenge tomorow, he look asleep outhere. and lost a little bit.. (always the way he look when he isnt on his game)

GO HABS GO, Habs have to POTENTIAL to win both overthere.. but lets start with one win...

Crusher20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 08:57 AM
Melvin Udall

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginosniper View Post
And if Price keeps playing like this you're going to get smoked....

The Flyers played one of their worst games in the playoffs and they still managed to beat the Habs at the Bell Center.

Dude,

Well said -- you hit the nail on the head.

Melvin Udall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 09:01 AM
Melvin Udall

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronTrieu View Post
The flyers got the the bounces? Which were good bounces?

At least to me, game #2 was not about "bounces" - it was all about goaltending.

If Biron had been in Montreal's net he would have had a shutout in game #2!

Melvin Udall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 09:03 AM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by ND Irish View Post
At least to me, game #2 was not about "bounces" - it was all about goaltending.

If Biron had been in Montreal's net he would have had a shutout in game #2!
Biron is getting wayy too much credit. I suggest you rewatch the game and look where we are placing the shots and what percentage of the net is open.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 09:55 AM
Vtwin
Amused

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsPack View Post
Canadiens have been better on the road than at home this season, Price also seems to be a bit more focused. I can see the Habs winning both in Philly and then wrapping it up in Mtl next Saturday.

Go Habs!!!!!!!!!
How's their road record in the playoffs?

Vtwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 10:10 AM
Habs _Fan

Garbage goal, lucky goal, whatever...they are goals. Komisarek's goal on game 7 was a lucky goal. We took it. That's part of the game. Right now, the Flyers (R.J. Umberger on top of the list) had the luck on their side.

If Streit's shot went in at 0.7 second, if Higgins's shot goes in on the last PP. But in fact, Streit's shot finish on the cross bar and Higgins's shot on the post. That's hockey...

They can't have the luck on their side 4 games in a row. If we continue to dominate like yesterday, we will had our lucky garbage goals too and we will wins games.

Habs _Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 10:19 AM
blue2noise

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcticFlyerFan View Post
Could Price be tired? After all there is alot of his shoulders, he's only 20 and facing alot of pressure.
I dont think he's tired, I think he's only 20. It was the one thing about the Huet trade that seemed crazy. Why on earth would you go on a cup run with a rookie goalie? It will be great in the long term but thats a lot of pressure to put on a rookie tender this yerar.

blue2noise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 10:21 AM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue2noise View Post
I dont think he's tired, I think he's only 20. It was the one thing about the Huet trade that seemed crazy. Why on earth would you go on a cup run with a rookie goalie? It will be great in the long term but thats a lot of pressure to put on a rookie tender this yerar.
Timely goaltending? Something Huet failed to provide in MTL.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 11:53 AM
flyboys15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo View Post

That's completely understandable...I get the venting situation and even I know the Flyers aren't going to win this series playing like they played last night...I don't hop over to other team's boards often but the post to start this thread is absurd...I think that most of the trolling is in response to that post.

And the trolling is going both ways...you guys aren't saints being invaded by these horrible people...

flyboys15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 12:27 PM
Sined
The AndroidBugler!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboys15 View Post
I know the Flyers aren't going to win this series playing like they played last night...
THERE YOU HAVE IT!
A LEVEL HEADED NON-TROLLING POST!

Congratulation you are a cut above your peers.

+1 respect for you.

Sined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 12:43 PM
TheCH*

We missed A LOT of chances, and Biron came up big on ones we actually got on net. Price will not be this bad again, and Biron will not be that good and won't luck out on us missing the net on so many chances. We are a way better team and in the end it will show.

TheCH* is offline   Reply With Quote