HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Vive la police!

Closed Thread

Old
04-26-2008, 11:58 PM
Habnot

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoNeS42 View Post
Ok and all those idiots were Habs fans yeah... I remember, nothing to do with idiots out of jail or anything. I felt like I was in a concentration camp tonight.

My point is ; I really think that it won't help the situation to tell the fans not to celebrate. Before the game, the streets were full of cops, how do we look like now?
We heard how it wasn't Habs fans who rioted after game 7. Funny though, the images I saw had alot of young men in full Habs gear.

When a society does not understand right from wrong, it deserves a police state.

Old
04-27-2008, 12:00 AM
Jean-Guy Drouin*

I understand your frustration about the stupid cockyness of your policemans. Here in Sherbrooke, we land a real big quantity of the freshmans who just finished police school, its like a contract with the town or something like that. They annoy everything that mooves..

...and god damn I want to kill them all.

Old
04-27-2008, 12:01 AM
Complaining Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habnot View Post
When a society does not understand right from wrong, it deserves a police state.
Man, talk about exaggeration!

Old
04-27-2008, 12:01 AM
Stephen Locke*

Quote:
Prevent troubles, after the first period, in front of a bar with about 10 peoples smoking outside? Yes we were trouble makers.
To prevent ''eventual''troubles.I wasn't referring to you in particular.

Old
04-27-2008, 12:03 AM
Stephen Locke*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habnot View Post
We heard how it wasn't Habs fans who rioted after game 7. Funny though, the images I saw had alot of young men in full Habs gear.

An repressive and dictatorial regime who restricts people's basic rights would suffice.

Last edited by Stephen Locke*: 04-27-2008 at 12:12 AM.
Old
04-27-2008, 12:05 AM
Jean-Guy Drouin*

Honnestly, even in a dictatorial state, arrogant policeman can only be wrong. It only leads to clashs with population. Not a good way to keep power for decades.

Old
04-27-2008, 12:07 AM
BoNeS42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Kautsitsin View Post
To prevent ''eventual''troubles.I wasn't referring to you in particular.
Prevent what troubles really? I'm really sure that what happenned after Game 7 wasn't because of the fan. Yes some stupid fan decided to follow some dumbass, but still.

I went to Game 1 and 2, and I remember how it was. Don't tell me it was all new fans at Game 7. Even if it's Montreal, Riot didn't happen because of a Game 7 win.

Old
04-27-2008, 12:09 AM
Garo

Quote:
Why am I here talking on the board then?
Because *gasp* you're in the other half of the world, and certainly not close to a concentration camp.

Old
04-27-2008, 12:12 AM
BoNeS42

Another funny part was after the game they were on St-Cath streets lining up. I felt like they were cadets. They had an officer in front of them telling them to take their distance from each others and all that. It was funny, nothing happened. Thanks Mr. Tremblay for killing the playoff atmosphere!

Old
04-27-2008, 12:15 AM
MacHabs93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Complaining Customer View Post
I commented on your story (police asking you to move, asking you to be polite, you insulting police), if you don't have the ability to present it "as it were", don't bother telling it (or start a board "for people who were downtown tonight" so that everybody is in the known - or better yet, you could distribute flyers to organize a manifestation, you clearly are a victim).

Old
04-27-2008, 12:19 AM
Habnot

Quote:
An repressive and dictatorial regime who restricts people's basic rights would suffice.
The Great Dictator

Old
04-27-2008, 12:31 AM
baboinfou

Quote:
If he asked you to call him Mister, it's probably because you already had an arrogant attitude/tone - which your later reaction kind of confirms. You're lucky you didn't get a PR24 up your butt with your cigarello - that is IF you really called him a cochon to his face.

As much as I dislike police's arrogance and overdoings, I think that insulting them for asking you to get inside (because they would like to prevent a situation to go wrong) is asking for deserved trouble. And you clearly are the type of persons that would, after said trouble, complain and "manifest", so better just shut up in the first place.

Bingo!

Old
04-27-2008, 12:39 AM
baboinfou

Quote:
Another funny part was after the game they were on St-Cath streets lining up. I felt like they were cadets. They had an officer in front of them telling them to take their distance from each others and all that. It was funny, nothing happened. Thanks Mr. Tremblay for killing the playoff atmosphere!
Reading your post, it looks like you're about 15 yo...pathetic...

And for your information, not Mr. Tremblay who killed your "atmosphere" but a bunch of bums... follows by people like you (who think that by saying "criss de cochon" we'll be impressed...)

grow up!

Old
04-27-2008, 12:46 AM
bib
#believe

A few years ago, I was once smoking Captain Blacks outside of a pub, leaning against the wall thinking I was cool, only later to realize my fly was open.

Gainey

Old
04-27-2008, 12:50 AM
BoNeS42

Quote:
Originally Posted by baboinfou View Post
Reading your post, it looks like you're about 15 yo...pathetic...

And for your information, not Mr. Tremblay who killed your "atmosphere" but a bunch of bums... follows by people like you (who think that by saying "criss de cochon" we'll be impressed...)

grow up!
I'm actually 22.

Oh no he didn't screw the atmosphere. If he was smart enough, he would make sure that those scrubs pay for it, not release them the day after they caught them.

Also, I will call a cops a "criss de cochon" if he's acting like a criss de cochon. Actually, some cops we're cool and we talked about how this was stupid and that they didn't want to do that and they would prefer to watch the game but that it was the mayor order. Anything else I can help you with?

Oh yeah, and at first, my post was mostly asking peoples who were at Bell Center how it was. So if you're just here to try to tell me how to act as a citizen,

Old
04-27-2008, 12:55 AM
BoNeS42

Quote:
That being said,the atmopshere in downtown Montreal and les alentours has disappeared big time and the playoff buzz has been killed because of dumbasses who rioted on Monday.The heavy reinforcement of police squads out there doesn't make it easier to celebrate playoff wins,even if I understand their leimotive.It really sucks.

The Bell centre area is quickly evacuated after games and there is no place to organized peaceful celebrations-Fans are asked to immediately leave the place.

Old
04-27-2008, 01:19 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

It seems to me they're overdoing it. Last time they were not prepared enough. Now people can't even walk the street. But you can't espect the police to understand having good judgement. They're trained to be like robots.

Old
04-27-2008, 01:44 AM
Astaroth

Quote:
If he asked you to call him Mister, it's probably because you already had an arrogant attitude/tone - which your later reaction kind of confirms. You're lucky you didn't get a PR24 up your butt with your cigarello - that is IF you really called him a cochon to his face.

As much as I dislike police's arrogance and overdoings, I think that insulting them for asking you to get inside (because they would like to prevent a situation to go wrong) is asking for deserved trouble. And you clearly are the type of persons that would, after said trouble, complain and "manifest", so better just shut up in the first place.
If that police officer would have laid a hand on him for an insult, his ass would be reamed by the commission de deontologie in a nanosecond.

I have a real problem with this kind of attitude. The police is bound by laws just like we are. It's not okay for police to treat him like a brigand, he's a human being and has a right to dignity. And it's not okay for them to act like the ****ing gestapo when citizens talk back. Your job is to serve and protect, not act like a power-tripper. http://www.canada.com/montrealgazett...0c2c90&k=13656

The frat boy mentality of the police corps in Quebec is absolutely ridiculous and is an institutional problem stemming from their training. A DEC/DEP with 6 months of training at Nicolet is not nearly enough when your life experience is basically nil at your early twenties.

Old
04-27-2008, 01:54 AM
Beakermania*

Lockdown

Closed Thread