HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Rbk 9k "O" vs Nike One90 vs Vapor XXX sticks

View Poll Results: RBK 9k "O", Vapor XXX or Nike One90 sticks...which should I get?
RBK 9k "O" 3 15.79%
Vapor XXX 7 36.84%
Nike One90 9 47.37%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-10-2008, 10:20 PM
  #1
the_speedster
Registered User
 
the_speedster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 6,286
vCash: 500
Rbk 9k "O" vs Nike One90 vs Vapor XXX sticks

I normally play with wood sticks (bauers for the most) yet, I've played with two composite sticks (A vector that a friend gifted me and a tps that another player didn't like) and loved the weight, balance and wrist shot it gave me (I'm not much of a slap shooter anymore)

Anyway, I got a little extra bonus money and decided to spend it on hockey stuff, including my very first, self purchased composite (what a cheap skate huh?)

Anyway, I'm torn btw a couple of sticks I've taken for trial runs and one that I've only heard of and they are respectively;

the vapor XXX (insane stickhandling, felt like I could play an entire game one handed if I chose)

the rbk "O" stick (A friend let me try it out during a game (while he looked like a kid at the dentist the whole time) and I love the shot I could unleash with this (the Senior model felt a bit off though probably cause Im more used to intermediate sticks)

The Nike One90 While talking with friends this sticks name kept coming up like some "legend of yore" and I've looked online and seen some good stuff about it but its apparently pretty new so not too much is known)

If I can buy only one which do you guys recommend?

I love the Vapor's feel but I've heard they break easily (is that true?)

The "O" stick has a great shot and its more of a "oh what the hell lets go crazy" purchase, but I haven't been able to find an intermediate stick on hockeymonkey or giant (do they make Intermediates for this?)

The Nike One90 (Im going to a store in town to try out their overpriced model but I have the same question as the vapor.. if I like it what's the durability like?)

the_speedster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2008, 12:48 AM
  #2
Diamond Joe
Registered User
 
Diamond Joe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,359
vCash: 500
I hear the One90 is pretty wicked awesome...I have an S17, and I am thinking that might be the next stick I get. It's supposed to be a shooter's stick, as opposed to the XXXX which is for feel (I know you mentioned the XXX)

Diamond Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2008, 12:53 AM
  #3
the_speedster
Registered User
 
the_speedster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 6,286
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond Joe View Post
I hear the One90 is pretty wicked awesome...I have an S17, and I am thinking that might be the next stick I get. It's supposed to be a shooter's stick, as opposed to the XXXX which is for feel (I know you mentioned the XXX)
I know the XXX really got me high off the feel... I just heard that it and the XXXX are pretty brittle. Did you hear if the One90 is a shooter or stickhandlers stick?

the_speedster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2008, 01:03 AM
  #4
Diamond Joe
Registered User
 
Diamond Joe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,359
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_speedster View Post
I know the XXX really got me high off the feel... I just heard that it and the XXXX are pretty brittle. Did you hear if the One90 is a shooter or stickhandlers stick?
Shooter's stick, the kick is at the midpoint as opposed to the XXXX which is much further down that shaft...apparently that's good for shooting. The XXXX like I said is better for feel. OT-but I once had a XX when they first came out, that would be essentially the XXX or XXXX now...but I have never had a 1-piece that felt better than that one. Even my S17 doesn't feel that good, that stick is best for shooting, I'd put it up against a One90.

Diamond Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2008, 01:03 AM
  #5
MG91
Registered User
 
MG91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Surrey, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,875
vCash: 500
The 9-k IMO is horrible, it weighs a ton and i dont think the holes make much of a difference. The one 90 is a good stick for slap shots and the 40 for wrist/snap. The kickpoint in the 40 is much lower than the one 90 which allows the puck to get off the stick faster. But the higher kickpoint allows for more energy transfer giving you a harder shot. So if your game is more power the on 90 is for you. If your a finesse kind of guy get the 40. But in teh end its all personal preferance.

MG91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2008, 01:54 AM
  #6
PIMking
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Tampa, Florida
Country: Germany
Posts: 601
vCash: 500
I use a 0ne-70 and love it I can buy it for $65 I didnt feel like spending the 10 extra to get the one 90 but the one 70 has a rubber grip. def a shooters stick. I have used a warrior stick and hated it eastons feel stiffer than what they say. go one 90

PIMking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2008, 04:09 AM
  #7
We'reGonnaWin*
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 503
vCash: 500
The 9KO has a heavy ass blade, it totally unbalances the stick. The One90 is a good value for the price, but Mission's Fuel and TPS R8 outperform it. Personal preferences may vary.

We'reGonnaWin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2008, 05:21 AM
  #8
Diamond Joe
Registered User
 
Diamond Joe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,359
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delorme View Post
The 9KO has a heavy ass blade, it totally unbalances the stick. The One90 is a good value for the price, but Mission's Fuel and TPS R8 outperform it. Personal preferences may vary.
I found the same thing, and just an overall "chunky" heavy feeling, it feels unnatural to me, but hard to describe, almost like the Os are being compensated by with added weight...more weight to compensate for better aerodynamics

The 9KO is gimmicky to me.

Almost like those "offset" blades that used to be around...they weren't that bad, but kinda odd.

Diamond Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2008, 06:13 AM
  #9
WithOutPaperss
Registered User
 
WithOutPaperss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,950
vCash: 500
The 9k breaks pretty easy. A kid on my team had it for a week before it broke on a wrist shot. The Vapour xxx is very good. I've tried it and I like the way it handles. I've never tried the One90...

WithOutPaperss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2008, 03:26 PM
  #10
iceman17
Registered User
 
iceman17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 691
vCash: 500
I'm a big fan of the xxx but i have the two piece. I use it with a nike-bauer blade. Best stick ive ever used.

iceman17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2008, 07:37 AM
  #11
the_speedster
Registered User
 
the_speedster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 6,286
vCash: 500
thanks guys... I eventually ordered One90.... then found a XXX for about 80bucks so I got that one too. ...total bill, about $250!

I'll be lettin' you guys know how they fare...

the_speedster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2008, 10:21 AM
  #12
iceman17
Registered User
 
iceman17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 691
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_speedster View Post
thanks guys... I eventually ordered One90.... then found a XXX for about 80bucks so I got that one too. ...total bill, about $250!

I'll be lettin' you guys know how they fare...
Id like to see which one you think is better

iceman17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2008, 04:34 PM
  #13
the_speedster
Registered User
 
the_speedster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 6,286
vCash: 500
The results:-

The one90 came in and I've played with it in about three scrimmages so far. The kick is as crazy as advertised. I'm not a big slap shooter but its definately added a distinct "sting" to my shot. Took me about till the third scrimmage to adjust to the difference in balance and kick (I had alot of shanked shots before then)... Its not to bad for stickhandling (As its pretty light) so I can definately see it as a power play stick (I play the point usually)

The XXX stick is dare I say,.. ORGASMIC... I felt like I owed it dinner after our first "outing". Its weght and response are exactly what I like (plus I can get off a pretty quick wrist or snap shot.. which is more my bag than the slapper). I definately won't be slap shooting too much with it as I can tell it seems pretty fragile (not fragile in the sense that its in danger of breaking on me immediately... but when I took a few slappers it didn't seem to respond too well to the increase in pressure (not sure if that made sense)

ANyway just wanted to let you guys know what the results were.... I'm probably going to favor the XXX (till it dies) I can tell (need to look online for some more... don't think they're being produced anymore)


peace

Oh.. anyone know if the "tacki mac" and "blade shark" pads (I ordered to get to the free shipping "level", )but are yet to arrive, are any good?

the_speedster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2008, 04:49 PM
  #14
SiouxPride
Registered User
 
SiouxPride's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: WINNIPEG!
Country: Canada
Posts: 952
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delorme View Post
The 9KO has a heavy ass blade, it totally unbalances the stick. The One90 is a good value for the price, but Mission's Fuel and TPS R8 outperform it. Personal preferences may vary.
I agree, i have a warrior dolomite, mission fuel, the dolo i use lots, but i also split it with my mission, and its relal good, light weight, durable, good shot i can egt off easly, i prefer it,

SiouxPride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2008, 04:52 PM
  #15
SiouxPride
Registered User
 
SiouxPride's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: WINNIPEG!
Country: Canada
Posts: 952
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_speedster View Post
The results:-

The one90 came in and I've played with it in about three scrimmages so far. The kick is as crazy as advertised. I'm not a big slap shooter but its definately added a distinct "sting" to my shot. Took me about till the third scrimmage to adjust to the difference in balance and kick (I had alot of shanked shots before then)... Its not to bad for stickhandling (As its pretty light) so I can definately see it as a power play stick (I play the point usually)

The XXX stick is dare I say,.. ORGASMIC... I felt like I owed it dinner after our first "outing". Its weght and response are exactly what I like (plus I can get off a pretty quick wrist or snap shot.. which is more my bag than the slapper). I definately won't be slap shooting too much with it as I can tell it seems pretty fragile (not fragile in the sense that its in danger of breaking on me immediately... but when I took a few slappers it didn't seem to respond too well to the increase in pressure (not sure if that made sense)

ANyway just wanted to let you guys know what the results were.... I'm probably going to favor the XXX (till it dies) I can tell (need to look online for some more... don't think they're being produced anymore)


peace

Oh.. anyone know if the "tacki mac" and "blade shark" pads (I ordered to get to the free shipping "level", )but are yet to arrive, are any good?
Well, i only know one person who used the tacki mac blade strip for ice hockey they like it, it dosent come off easy, and its still gripy for knabbing the puck, dosent let the puck slide very easly. i and many of the guys on my inline team use it, for inline its real good, actully tis grea, hope this helps.

SiouxPride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2008, 05:08 PM
  #16
Fedz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Campbell River, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,620
vCash: 500
You gotta go with the XXXLite stick.

But the new XXXX is good too, in fact I got one for sale if anyone is interested..

Fedz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 02:07 AM
  #17
MG91
Registered User
 
MG91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Surrey, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,875
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_speedster View Post
thanks guys... I eventually ordered One90.... then found a XXX for about 80bucks so I got that one too. ...total bill, about $250!

I'll be lettin' you guys know how they fare...
where did you get a xxx for 80 bucks??

thats a steal!!!

let me know ill get a couple

MG91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 08:30 AM
  #18
Jeffw-13
Registered User
 
Jeffw-13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 382
vCash: 500
Also interested in the XXX. I own one now and after a few skates with it I'm liking it enough to get another.

Jeffw-13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2008, 12:19 PM
  #19
iceman17
Registered User
 
iceman17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 691
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mishaal View Post
where did you get a xxx for 80 bucks??

thats a steal!!!

let me know ill get a couple
Hockeygiant.com has one for $99..i havent seen it for $80

iceman17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:11 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2016 All Rights Reserved.