HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Flyers mocking Habs after 4th goal.

Old
04-27-2008, 12:12 AM
kris
No JDru for TB - yet

vCash: 500
Dog, dudes just defendin his team. Not callin anyone names / attackin the habs or their fans.

I'm a habs fan and all but we got lucky game 1. Maybe we shoulda won this game, but this isn't the first place team they've showed that they are. Things will look up, this isn't their A game. We might be able to slide by the Flyers but were not goin much further unless we pick it up.

Sorry to thread jack, Kosto's the man, took a huge cheapshot from Hartnell n gave it back to Timo. Things are heatin up.

kris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 12:14 AM
Megaforce

Give Flyers fans credit. It takes dedication to support a team like that.

I thought the Bruins were slow, but man, these guys look like someone cut their laces.

Really they've got the mobility of an emu with the pylon gene spliced in. If this series goes long enough, the Flyers' necks will evolve to allow them an owl-like ability to turn their heads all the way around, as they watch the Habs blow by them at the blue line every time.

Sometimes it's fun to see the little guy win a game, and that's what happened tonight.

Megaforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 12:19 AM
ApeZilla

Send a message via AIM to ApeZilla
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caseofcups View Post
Trolling???????? MODS?????????????
I'm sure you, your extra punctuation marks, and affinity for the caps lock are well respected here. I'm not so much trolling as to questioning why sucker punching is deemed ok over here. We've been putting up with the classless stuff all year. This specific board is a forum for you to congregate, but from my understanding there is no limit to where anyone is allowed.

Also I'm not trying to start anything. I wasn't that upset about the sucker-punch because this is Hockey. Yet, it is still one of those things that shouldn't be glorified.

Last edited by ApeZilla: 04-27-2008 at 12:24 AM.
ApeZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 12:23 AM
Caseofcups*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApeZilla View Post
I'm sure you, your extra punctuation marks, and affinity for the caps lock are well respected here. I'm not so much trolling as to questioning why sucker punching is deemed ok over here. We've been putting up with the classless stuff all year. This is a forum for you to congregate, but from my understanding there is no limit to where anyone is allowed.
Another faux tough

Caseofcups* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 12:26 AM
habs_fan_73

What comes to my mind when thinking of the Flyers is: cheap shot artists, goalie interference, after whistle cross-checks, no class, weak defence and the fact that they will be playing golf very soon!! Go Habs Go!!

habs_fan_73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 01:00 AM
Erik Estrada

Quote:
I'm sure you, your extra punctuation marks, and affinity for the caps lock are well respected here. I'm not so much trolling as to questioning why sucker punching is deemed ok over here. We've been putting up with the classless stuff all year. This specific board is a forum for you to congregate, but from my understanding there is no limit to where anyone is allowed.

Also I'm not trying to start anything. I wasn't that upset about the sucker-punch because this is Hockey. Yet, it is still one of those things that shouldn't be glorified.
I heard the argument made before that one of the reasons there were dumb-ass celebrations after a touchdown in football is that they didn't allow fighting. Radulov of Nashville was called on his excessive celebrating after a goal earlier this season.

What exactly did Timonen, who's been playing in this league for a while, expect after excessive celebration and mocking the opposition? A punch in the face is the automatic price to pay... And I was frankly embarrassed for the Flyers organization and it's history to hear Stevens crying about it after the game.

Erik Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 01:03 AM
Jean-Guy Drouin*

Finally! Real Hockey! Players who really hate each other. Something I've been missing. Hockey is not only about skating and fancyness.

I do hope to see some fights in Philadelphia on next game. Intensity, hits and skills. What a perfect combo.

Jean-Guy Drouin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 01:15 AM
le_sean

Quote:
I dunno, Broken stick off a ticky-tack powerplay draw to score with 30 seconds left sounds a little more lucky than beating a team 4-2 in regulation. Oh right, the Habs are the only team that doesn't capitalize on every chance, and it's also the only reason they lose. Sorry.
Yeah well if you expect your goalie to play like a combination of Roy and Brodeur every game and the Habs to miss that many chances, you have something else coming to you.

le_sean is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 01:27 AM
Clumsyhab

http://nhlpa.com/Content/Feature.asp?contentId=3806
Look at the title. Isn't it ironic?

Clumsyhab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 01:42 AM
bib
#believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clumsyhab View Post
http://nhlpa.com/Content/Feature.asp?contentId=3806
Look at the title. Isn't it ironic?
anyone play super smash brothers?

kosto's move would be:

playoff puuuunch

anyhow...love the guy, man is he intense.

bib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 01:49 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

I loved the punch but it got too quiet too soon. It should have turned into a full-fledge fight. I think some Habs players needs a little fire. Many instance during the game Hamrlik could have dropped the gloves but didn't. Guys like him and Komi need to step up and stop being so afraid to fight.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 01:54 AM
Kachino

vCash: 50
Honestly, I think the Habs should let them laugh. With the way the Habs played tonight, if they can duplicate that in Philadelphia... I guess they'll have the last laugh...

Kachino is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 02:00 AM
le_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
I loved the punch but it got too quiet too soon. It should have turned into a full-fledge fight. I think some Habs players needs a little fire. Many instance during the game Hamrlik could have dropped the gloves but didn't. Guys like him and Komi need to step up and stop being so afraid to fight.
Unless they are fighting Mike Richards then a trade of Komi or Hammer for a random Flyers scrub for 5 mins is not worth it. It would be a very dumb move.

Old
04-27-2008, 02:04 AM
PatBC

Slightly off topic, but god I hate Derian Hatcher. This player is the perfect definition of a *******. He's always trying to front players like S.Kostitsyn or Koivu after the whistle, and when there is someone tougher, like Kostopoulos, he hit him dirty or he simply decides to sit on him when Kosto's down.

PatBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 02:09 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
Unless they are fighting Mike Richards then a trade of Komi or Hammer for a random Flyers scrub for 5 mins is not worth it. It would be a very dumb move.
If they think like that the Habs will always be seen as cowards. It's like those that says "let them wait the right time". Well on that ice it's war. The Kostitsyn Brothers were intimidated all night. Habs players with the size should send the message that things like this should not be accepted. I want to see Hammer let them drop once in a while and not always keep his head down and run away. I've seen one instance tonight where he did just that and it made me sick to my stomach.

And about Richards he doesn't seem to be the kind to run away. I think he would welcome it actually.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 02:14 AM
Kachino

Man, I just hope the Flyers think it's going to be easy for them to beat the Habs after tonight's game... John Stevens is so funny during his post-game press conference. Blind side sucker Timonen.. True! I don't know how many shot did Hatcher gave the Habs but can't talk about that since he's their coach. Pretty funny stuff with the comments after game 1. What a series that is going to be between the two teams. It's going to be war..

Last edited by Kachino: 04-27-2008 at 02:21 AM.
Old
04-27-2008, 02:15 AM
le_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
If they think like that the Habs will always be seen as cowards. It's like those that says "let them wait the right time". Well on that ice it's war. The Kostitsyn Brothers were intimidated all night. Habs players with the size should send the message that things like this should not be accepted. I want to see Hammer let them drop once in a while and not always keep his head down and run away. I've seen one instance tonight where he did just that and it made me sick to my stomach.

And about Richards he doesn't seem to be the kind to run away. I think he would welcome it actually.
But they were successful all season by NOT pulling stunts like that. The forwards are big boys, they can handle it. Teams like Philly and Boston goon it up and end up in 6th and 8th place. Anaheim goons it up and gets eliminated easily in the first round. Why change the way this team approaches hockey?

Old
04-27-2008, 02:49 AM
Stradale

That was a beautiful move from Kostopoulos.

I dont care if it was a sucker punch or not, when you're mocking a guy who is already mad, expect something in return, and TKO didnt wait. At least TKO showed some emotion, not like that sissy Plekanec.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 03:01 AM
ginosniper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
That was a beautiful move from Kostopoulos.

I dont care if it was a sucker punch or not, when you're mocking a guy who is already mad, expect something in return, and TKO didnt wait. At least TKO showed some emotion, not like that sissy Plekanec.
I can't help but think every single Habs fan would be singing an entirely different tune had the tables been turned. I'm not even a Flyers fan and I find it laughable.

ginosniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 03:07 AM
Sined
The AndroidBugler!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginosniper View Post
I can't help but think every single Habs fan would be singing an entirely different tune had the tables been turned. I'm not even a Flyers fan and I find it laughable.
I don't remember a single instance this season where a Montreal Canadien player made gestures to the opposing team in an effort to infuriate them.

So I really can't imagine the table being turned.

While it was a sucker punch, I can't blame Tommy.

Sined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 03:08 AM
Chomsky

Man, the world was a much better place when both habs and flyers fans used to stay on their own board.

Make it happen Jesus!

Chomsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 03:13 AM
ginosniper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sined View Post
I don't remember a single instance this season where a Montreal Canadien player made gestures to the opposing team in an effort to infuriate them.

So I really can't imagine the table being turned.

While it was a sucker punch, I can't blame Tommy.
You'd be surprised once you are at ice level the things you hear. You don't think after Sean Avery scores a goal he's taunting the other team? I didn't see anyone punch him in the back of the head.

Old
04-27-2008, 03:14 AM
ginosniper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chomsky View Post
Man, the world was a much better place when both habs and flyers fans used to stay on their own board.

Make it happen Jesus!
I'm not at all a Flyer fan so don't try that junk on me.

Old
04-27-2008, 03:22 AM
Kachino

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginosniper View Post
I'm not at all a Flyer fan so don't try that junk on me.

Old
04-27-2008, 03:26 AM
ginosniper

Quote:
Originally Posted by kachino82 View Post
You think I'm joking or what? The Flyers are actually one my most hated teams, but I don't see them being in the wrong at all. It's sort of funny hearing the "get off our board" and "I hope those posters get what's coming to them" remarks. This is an internet forum, not a place of worship, get over yourselves.