HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Where did Ole come from?

Old
04-27-2008, 10:59 AM
GoneAway

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by R4lph B4ckstrom View Post

We should have more than this only chant, it's becoming annoying.
"Ole ole" only expresses joy, when there is plenty of other emotions in a single hockey game.
I don't think a "**** YOU KOVY *clap*clap* *clapclapclap*" chant would be any good.

You know, sadness, frustration, anxiety, etc arent exactly emotions that people rally behind...

Old
04-27-2008, 11:08 AM
R4lph B4ckstrom

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoNeS42 View Post
I don't understand why would anyone say Ohé
Because it sounds better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by znk View Post
And how is Ohe more related to the habs then Ole? I dont get that one.
I never said that. But at least "ohé" is something french people would say in certain occasions, like when trying to get someone's attention (someone who's far away).

"Ole" is NEVER said, unless you wanna incarnate a spanish/latino attitude. I have no problem at all with that (I love foreign stuff), but what's the link between this and Montréal's hockey club?

R4lph B4ckstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 11:17 AM
znk

Quote:

I never said that. But at least "ohé" is something french people would say in certain occasions, like when trying to get someone's attention (someone who's far away).

"Ole" is NEVER said, unless you wanna incarnate a spanish/latino attitude. I have no problem at all with that (I love foreign stuff), but what's the link between this and Montréal's hockey club?
You sound just like every fan of other teams that complain about the chant.

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 11:25 AM
Mousepad*

It's Olé. We didn't invent the song. But frankly, if some people are more happy singing ohé o owé, it's their money after all.

Maybe there's some confusion with the playback of "Ohhhhhhhh Hey" (Or is it hey oh?", then repeated by the crowd between face-offs.

Here are the the Lyrics anyway:

Olé, Olé Olé Olé, Olé, Olé
Bis, Bis, Bis, Bis, Bis, Bis, Bis, Bis, Bis, Bis, Bis, Bis, Bis, Bis, Bis, Bis, Bis, Bis, Bis, Bis, Bis, Bis, Bis, Bis, Bis, Bis, Bis, Bis, Bis, Bis, Bis, Bis, Bis, Bis, Bis, Bis, Bis, Bis, Bis, Bis, Bis, Bis, Bis, Bis, Bis, Bis, Bis, Bis, Bis, Bis, Bis, Bis, Bis, Bis, Bis, Bis, Bis, Bis, Bis, Bis, Bis, Bis, Bis, Bis, Bis, Bis, Bis, Bis, Bis, Bis, Bis, Bis, Bis, Bis, Bis, Bis, Bis, Bis, Bis, Bis, Bis, Bis, Bis, Bis, Bis, Bis, Bis, Bis, Bis, Bis, Bis, Bis Infinity

Mousepad* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 11:27 AM
GoneAway

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousepad View Post
It's Olé. We didn't invent the song. But frankly, if some people are more happy singing ohé o owé, it's their money after all.

Maybe there's some confusion with the playback of "Ohhhhhhhh Hey" (Or is it hey oh?", then repeated by the crowd between face-offs.

Here are the the Lyrics anyway:

Olé, Olé Olé Olé, Olé, Olé
Bis, Bis, Bis, Bis, Bis, Bis, Bis, Bis, Bis, Bis, Bis, Bis, Bis, Bis, Bis, Bis, Bis, Bis, Bis, Bis, Bis, Bis, Bis, Bis, Bis, Bis, Bis, Bis, Bis, Bis, Bis, Bis, Bis, Bis, Bis, Bis, Bis, Bis, Bis, Bis, Bis, Bis, Bis, Bis, Bis, Bis, Bis, Bis, Bis, Bis, Bis, Bis, Bis, Bis, Bis, Bis, Bis, Bis, Bis, Bis, Bis, Bis, Bis, Bis, Bis, Bis, Bis, Bis, Bis, Bis, Bis, Bis, Bis, Bis, Bis, Bis, Bis, Bis, Bis, Bis, Bis, Bis, Bis, Bis, Bis, Bis, Bis, Bis, Bis, Bis, Bis, Bis Infinity

Oh Lay?

Old
04-27-2008, 11:50 AM
Analyzer*

vCash: 50
You know when those guys taunt the bulls and yell "ole" and the bull comes?

Yeah... it's more of a Spanish thing.

Speaking of ole, watching highlights on tsn from a Raptors' game, the fans there were singing it:S

Analyzer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 11:51 AM
GoneAway

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
You know when those guys taunt the bulls and yell "ole" and the bull comes?

Yeah... it's more of a Spanish thing.

Speaking of ole, watching highlights on tsn from a Raptors' game, the fans there were singing it:S
In Taranah?

Old
04-27-2008, 11:54 AM
Analyzer*

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Chezz View Post
In Taranah?
Yup, good ol' Taranah.

With Montreal getting a soccer team, does it matter anymore? Maybe that's why they got one so they could use "ole ole ole"

Analyzer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 12:02 PM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tricolore View Post
Then you know stupid people. Everyone I know says "olé"... English, and French.
That's mean, MIke, true though, everyone sings OLE. They've been singing at the football games, ever since the Als moved to McGill. Usually only once the game's on ice though.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 12:04 PM
mcphee

Quote:

I'm one of the few anglos in my section at the Als games, and I hear the l OLE. Maybe I'm in a culturally deprived section though.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 12:55 PM
number 11

You hear it everywhere now. The GSP fight, concerts, hell everyone at st sulpice on friday night was singing it too.

number 11 is offline   Reply With Quote