HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Crosby the Diver?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-27-2008, 10:46 AM
  #1
HomaridII
Registered User
 
HomaridII's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Montreal, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,777
vCash: 500
Crosby the Diver?

According the SI's rumor page, the NHL head office has spoken to Crosby about the issue of embelleshing.

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/nhl

HomaridII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 10:47 AM
  #2
Turboflex*
 
Turboflex*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 4,152
vCash: 500
Is this only the first time?

Turboflex* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 11:08 AM
  #3
Iwishihadacup
Registered User
 
Iwishihadacup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Quebec City
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,713
vCash: 500
good thing good thing

the league is finally putting his pants on against star players who embellish like Crosby

Iwishihadacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 11:20 AM
  #4
habs93
Registered User
 
habs93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Halton,Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 114
vCash: 500
Crosby has also become pretty good at the head jerk.....when a stick comes up &
the head goes back as if it made contact was made.....

habs93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 11:45 AM
  #5
Evil Ted
Registered User
 
Evil Ted's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,650
vCash: 500
Is this not the pot calling the kettle black here though?

Everyone who watched HNIC lastnight they showed good examples of the habs best players participating in embelishment.

Evil Ted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 11:49 AM
  #6
Ice Poutine
Photoshop Nut
 
Ice Poutine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: ____
Country: Martinique
Posts: 11,635
vCash: 1000
He cant be a diver, i mean he's not playing for us and, as every Bruins, Sens and Philly fan can tell you, WE are the best divers!!


(oh, and we are 'soft' too...)


Ice Poutine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 12:04 PM
  #7
bipolarhabfan
Registered User
 
bipolarhabfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Burnaby, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,573
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Ted View Post
Is this not the pot calling the kettle black here though?

Everyone who watched HNIC lastnight they showed good examples of the habs best players participating in embelishment.
I gues the cross check to the back of Markov during a PP in the second period was an embellishment as well. The high stick to Kostitsyn as well, etc. The Habs do embellish but every team does so.

bipolarhabfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 12:17 PM
  #8
ari1160
 
ari1160's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Hamilton
Posts: 2,259
vCash: 500
lol.. so nhl finally grows some balls, and said something to crosby. i thought this day would never come.
Crosby has diver written all over him.

ari1160 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 12:18 PM
  #9
FerrisRox
Registered User
 
FerrisRox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,121
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwishihadacup View Post
good thing good thing

the league is finally putting his pants on against star players who embellish like Crosby
Nonsense.

If the league were really serious about this you would see diving penalties that weren't always married to hooking or tripping penalties.

To call both things is stupid and counter-productive.

FerrisRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 12:19 PM
  #10
Iwishihadacup
Registered User
 
Iwishihadacup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Quebec City
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,713
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FerrisRox View Post
Nonsense.

If the league were really serious about this you would see diving penalties that weren't always married to hooking or tripping penalties.

To call both things is stupid and counter-productive.
at least it his a nice start

Iwishihadacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 12:24 PM
  #11
brownman*
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 9,229
vCash: 500
Quote:
a league official spoke to No. 87 last season about the issue of embellishing.
So basically it's unfounded bullplop and, if it was even true it has accomplished nothing in any way, shape or form.

brownman* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 12:36 PM
  #12
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 47,371
vCash: 500
...but...but...but...I thought we were the only ones???

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 01:46 PM
  #13
Claimed Off Waivers
Registered User
 
Claimed Off Waivers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,216
vCash: 500
Crosby just embellished again

Claimed Off Waivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 06:59 PM
  #14
Teufelsdreck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 14,181
vCash: 500
Has Crosby ever been penalized for diving?

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 07:01 PM
  #15
MJG
Registered User
 
MJG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,093
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habs93 View Post
Crosby has also become pretty good at the head jerk.....when a stick comes up &
the head goes back as if it made contact was made.....
Markov made that a legendary move.

MJG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 07:11 PM
  #16
Avim86
Registered User
 
Avim86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montreal , Qc
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,510
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Ted View Post
Is this not the pot calling the kettle black here though?

Everyone who watched HNIC lastnight they showed good examples of the habs best players participating in embelishment.

Avim86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 07:18 PM
  #17
Ohashi_Jouzu
Registered User
 
Ohashi_Jouzu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Halifax
Country: Japan
Posts: 21,598
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
Has Crosby ever been penalized for diving?
Yes. But dozens of other players should have been during the year and simply weren't. Thing is, it's not like soccer diving where often there is absolutely no contact. Crosby (and others) are taking advantage of other players who take liberties with their sticks or a free hand and try to wrap them up or simply slow them down in ways that were completely legit and unpenalized back when I started watching and playing hockey (and also back when a lot of current veterans entered the league). If they got rid of the stupid 4 on 4 even-up policy of calling it, the embellishment would surely start to disappear.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 08:27 PM
  #18
Charley_5054
Registered User
 
Charley_5054's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,117
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Charley_5054
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJG View Post
Markov made that a legendary move.
Didn't Markov also brushed Crosby's hand with his stick during pre-season and Crosby faked that his hand was shattered to pieces ?

God I Hate Crosby


(The first sentence sounds so wrong)

Charley_5054 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 09:22 PM
  #19
AquaticBirdman
Gladams FTW!
 
AquaticBirdman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Montreal, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,219
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwishihadacup View Post
good thing good thing

the league is finally putting his pants on against star players who embellish like Crosby
Last I checked Kovalev was one of them.

AquaticBirdman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 09:28 PM
  #20
AquaticBirdman
Gladams FTW!
 
AquaticBirdman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Montreal, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,219
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bipolarhabfan View Post
I gues the cross check to the back of Markov during a PP in the second period was an embellishment as well. The high stick to Kostitsyn as well, etc. The Habs do embellish but every team does so.
Well said. Even Kelly Hrudey said it himself today during the first intermission of the Pens/Rangers game. EVERYONE embelleshes hits from time to time in order to draw a penalty. It's part of the game and it has been part of the game for some time. If you're playing in the playoffs where every single game is crucial and you're behind 1 or 2 goals, you are gonna do whatever it takes to generate as many opportunities as possible for your team, plain and simple! Crosby simply gets singled out because he is the biggest name in the game today, and of course haters will jump and every possibly opportunity to crap on the kid and dissect every single thing that he does on the ice.

In the end though, any fan of any of the other 29 teams would still jump at the chance to have him on their team. The criticism against him as far as I'm concerned comes more from jealousy and envy than anything else.

AquaticBirdman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 09:38 PM
  #21
jiboy
Patience
 
jiboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: RN
Country: Canada
Posts: 858
vCash: 50
I dont believe Crosby does that much embellishing. But he sure gets a lot of covering wich give him much more chance to embellish.When you are the best player in the world it's normal to be a target and to be causing many penaltys.

Crosby is great, all this crybaby thing sounds absurd to me since the ones that are actually crying are the fans (from opposite teams).

jiboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 09:39 PM
  #22
Stewart JH Esq MBE
 
Stewart JH Esq MBE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Country: Cameroon
Posts: 1,026
vCash: 500
I first read Crosby the Driver. I have to admit I was quite disappointed.

Stewart JH Esq MBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 10:41 PM
  #23
CrazyShea
Registered User
 
CrazyShea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: The Rock
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,759
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony66 View Post
Well said. Even Kelly Hrudey said it himself today during the first intermission of the Pens/Rangers game. EVERYONE embelleshes hits from time to time in order to draw a penalty. It's part of the game and it has been part of the game for some time. If you're playing in the playoffs where every single game is crucial and you're behind 1 or 2 goals, you are gonna do whatever it takes to generate as many opportunities as possible for your team, plain and simple! Crosby simply gets singled out because he is the biggest name in the game today, and of course haters will jump and every possibly opportunity to crap on the kid and dissect every single thing that he does on the ice.

In the end though, any fan of any of the other 29 teams would still jump at the chance to have him on their team. The criticism against him as far as I'm concerned comes more from jealousy and envy than anything else.
Obviously you would be an idiot not to want him. But his diving and crying has gotten on my nerves and i quickly lost respect for him and gained alot more for Ovechkin. Crosby just needs his bell rung and maybe he would smarten up. He has all the skills in the world but his actions makes people hate him

CrazyShea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 11:24 PM
  #24
AquaticBirdman
Gladams FTW!
 
AquaticBirdman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Montreal, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,219
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyshea View Post
Obviously you would be an idiot not to want him. But his diving and crying has gotten on my nerves and i quickly lost respect for him and gained alot more for Ovechkin. Crosby just needs his bell rung and maybe he would smarten up. He has all the skills in the world but his actions makes people hate him

I think we sometimes forget that he is still only 20 years old.

Can you imagine how it must feel when almost every player in the league wants to take your head clean off your shoulders simply because of how skilled u are?

AquaticBirdman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 11:39 PM
  #25
CrazyShea
Registered User
 
CrazyShea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: The Rock
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,759
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony66 View Post
I think we sometimes forget that he is still only 20 years old.

Can you imagine how it must feel when almost every player in the league wants to take your head clean off your shoulders simply because of how skilled u are?
Your right he is only 20 years old and has tons of time to gain maturity. But im sure he doesnt help his cause with his actions on the ice. Maybe if the nhl protected the top players like the once did there wouldnt be so many idiots making runs at the top players(look at what happened to wayne). Problem is players have lost respect

CrazyShea is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:15 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.