HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Flyers mocking Habs after 4th goal.

Old
04-27-2008, 11:52 AM
Forsbag

vCash: 500
Since laughing is bad and head punching is good, Stevens instructed all his players to never smile or laugh after scoring. All goals are to be celebrated by sneak punching Habs in the back of the head. Hope you guys are happy.

Forsbag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 11:52 AM
xeric716x
Born To Expire

well Kosto could have left his feet with a hit to the head using his elbow, checked him from behind into the boards, or cross checked him in the head/face. i dont think that little love tap was that bad.

xeric716x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 11:53 AM
xeric716x
Born To Expire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsbag View Post
Since laughing is bad and head punching is good, Stevens instructed all his players to never smile or laugh after scoring. All goals are to be celebrated by sneak punching Habs in the back of the head. Hope you guys are happy.
wouldnt surprise me one bit, i mean thats what the Flyers did in the 70's.

Old
04-27-2008, 11:57 AM
xeric716x
Born To Expire

and let Stevens called Kostopoulos a coward as he wants, what is probably going to happen is one of the idiots on the Flyers is going to do something stupid because they think they are "playing Flyers hockey" and cost Philly the series.

Old
04-27-2008, 11:58 AM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by x eric x View Post
and let Stevens called Kostopoulos a coward as he wants, what is probably going to happen is one of the idiots on the Flyers is going to do something stupid because they think they are "playing Flyers hockey" and cost Philly the series.
I hope they do... I would love nothing but to see our "soft" team beat the living **** out of these guys.. I'd like to see Koivu lay the smack down on Briere, personally... He'd be charged for hitting a minor though.

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 12:22 PM
Iwishihadacup

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginosniper View Post
You think I'm joking or what? The Flyers are actually one my most hated teams, but I don't see them being in the wrong at all. It's sort of funny hearing the "get off our board" and "I hope those posters get what's coming to them" remarks. This is an internet forum, not a place of worship, get over yourselves.
sure

we all agree with the holy habs

we should close the temple doors

Iwishihadacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 12:50 PM
Sined
The AndroidBugler!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullguise View Post
Bruins fan here, watching (when stupid Comcast will let me) the series with some interest.

Don't agree with the punch, but agree with the emotion behind it. Montreal has such raw talent, but there's some youth there; some experience would help. Philly also has some talent, but IMO there's goons there to "balance" that. As Boston knows for sure, we lost Bergeron and Alberts to a what I consider a careless play and an assanine play.

The Habs have the speed and talent to outplay Philly. I don't hate the Habs, and I don't hate (most of) Philly players either. I always expect some borderline chippiness, we saw it in the Bruins series on both sides.

But don't let the taunting get to you, or at least channel it in different ways. Indeed, use it as motivation on the ice. You guys have a heck of a team, and you could go very far if you play your best.
Hmm
-Level headed post
-Doesn't "hate" the Habs
-Thinks Montreal has a "Good Team"
-Didn't make references to diving
-Didn't make references to cheap shot artists
-Encouraged Habs to use taunting as motivation

Are you sure you're a Bruins fan?
If you are I must commend you, that is clearly the best post I've ever read from a Bruins supporter.

Sined is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 01:17 PM
Bullsmith

The Flyers really have no class. That's their brand.

Bullsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 01:35 PM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Quote:
Originally Posted by number9 View Post
yup noticed that...nothing surprising from the most classless team in the league.
Wow it only took you guys 3 posts to get the magic "C-word" in to describe our team.

I don't understand this thread though, is mocking really out of the ordinary in professional sports? Technically any goal celebration is mocking, so I guess that makes Ovechkin the most classless person in the league.

JLHockeyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 01:37 PM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullsmith View Post
The Flyers really have no class. That's their brand.
And you guys act like the NHL revolves around the Canadians. That's your brand.

Old
04-27-2008, 01:39 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHockeyKnightRU View Post
Wow it only took you guys 3 posts to get the magic "C-word" in to describe our team.

I don't understand this thread though, is mocking really out of the ordinary in professional sports? Technically any goal celebration is mocking, so I guess that makes Ovechkin the most classless person in the league.
And it takes 1 post to the rest of the NHL fans to get that magic word out for our team and our fans. So I guess it takes a classless team to recognize another one...

Whitesnake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 01:39 PM
Lab Monkey

nm...

Lab Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 01:40 PM
Nitehowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilWinger11 View Post
I love how John Whine Stevens was up in arms about the Kostopolous punch. Where was the agitation when Steve Downie suckered Jason Blake, who was being restrained by a linesman at the time? What a hypocrite.
OR the Bergeron hit from behind ( I am sure he would say that is just playing PHYSICAL hockey ) OR Downie on McAmmond or the other suspensions his "do no wrong" team did. I would be embarrassed if I was Holmgren having an idiot like Stevens talking to the media.

there ya go edited

Last edited by Nitehowl: 04-27-2008 at 01:50 PM.
Nitehowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 01:41 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
And you guys act like the NHL revolves around the Canadians. That's your brand.
By doing what? 'Cause we've glad we're finally a good team after 15 years of mediocre to ordinary seasons? How is that a crime? By the way, it might also be a little normal that the CH brand is the most famous in this league. One of the oldest team and you add the most Cups victories and at the very least, there's should be a little respect to that franchise. At least start by a little....

Old
04-27-2008, 01:42 PM
LilWinger11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitehowl View Post
OR the Bergeron hit from behind ( I am sure he would say that is just playing PHYSICAL hockey ) OR Downie on McAmmond or the other suspensions his "do no wrong" team did. I would be embarrassed if I was Holmgren having an idiot like Stevens talking to the media.
If you're going to edit your thoughts into my post, could you spell them right?

Or is Stevens a bigger drinker than I realized?

LilWinger11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 01:43 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Personnally, I really don't care about the taunting. He taunted Kosto and got one right on the nose. End of story. He was looking for it and got some by doing it. Now they should stop whining about the punch. Should we whine about the punck Kosto received right after while being held by the ref? No? Why? Oh cause it was in retaliation to the Kosto punch....I see....well Kosto punch was in retaliation to the taunting....

Old
04-27-2008, 01:43 PM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
By doing what? 'Cause we've glad we're finally a good team after 15 years of mediocre to ordinary seasons? How is that a crime? By the way, it might also be a little normal that the CH brand is the most famous in this league. One of the oldest team and you add the most Cups victories and at the very least, there's should be a little respect to that franchise. At least start by a little....
Trust me I respect your team. And it's nice to see you guys in the playoffs, I like this matchup, and in all honesty I actually like the Habs. But if some of your posters are gonna take this thread to pick apart our fans and our team, I'm going to do the same to you guys. Just saying. I never denied the Habs impact on the league nor their extensive history.

Old
04-27-2008, 01:46 PM
Nitehowl

Quote:

The difference is Ovy celebrates to the crowd ...he doesn't turn around to the goalie and team and laugh...that is pure stupid. Everyone celebrates their goals but what Timmo did was laugh at the Habs. I am sure if the tables were turned and a Hab was laughing , Hatcher or Carter would have cross-checked that player from behind

Nitehowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 01:47 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Trust me I respect your team. And it's nice to see you guys in the playoffs, I like this matchup, and in all honesty I actually like the Habs. But if some of your posters are gonna take this thread to pick apart our fans and our team, I'm going to do the same to you guys. Just saying. I never denied the Habs impact on the league nor their extensive history.
Well if it's the playoffs for our respective teams, I guess it's the playoffs for the fans as well. We'll see the great posters once this series is done. Right now, it's pure emotion talking. But as far as we like our respective teams, let's open our eyes and see what our teams are really made of. And you can't say that your team is made of saints and nuns. And that's about what this thread is all about on our board. Now, if we would bring this to your board, that wouldn't be right.

But once....Bruins fans made me understand that once your in your own board.....you can say whatever you want.....and trust me they were saying things much more worst than what we're saying right now...

Old
04-27-2008, 01:51 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
I am sure if the tables were turned and a Hab was laughing , Hatcher or Carter would have cross-checked that player from behind
Absolutely. But again, Stevens is doing like most Habs and any other fans are doing in here. See the other team actions and mysteriously ignore his own team's actions..

How is that different from our own board? In game threads, how many times do we actually recognize that our own players should get penalties compared to when we criticize the refs for not giving them penalties???

Stevens would actually be a great poster in these boards.... As a matter of fact, I don't give him another full year and he'll become one...

Old
04-27-2008, 01:52 PM
number 11

Quote:
Everyone celebrates their goals but what Timmo did was laugh at the Habs. I am sure if the tables were turned and a Hab was laughing , Hatcher or Carter would have cross-checked that player from behind
Absolutely. You start mocking the other team after a goal like you're 10 years old, you're gonna get punched in the nose and rightfully so.

number 11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 01:53 PM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Quote:
Well if it's the playoffs for our respective teams, I guess it's the playoffs for the fans as well. We'll see the great posters once this series is done. Right now, it's pure emotion talking. But as far as we like our respective teams, let's open our eyes and see what our teams are really made of. And you can't say that your team is made of saints and nuns. And that's about what this thread is all about on our board. Now, if we would bring this to your board, that wouldn't be right.

But once....Bruins fans made me understand that once your in your own board.....you can say whatever you want.....and trust me they were saying things much more worst than what we're saying right now...
The Bruins, lol I couldn't imagine.

But I never act like the Flyers are saints. Trust me I'm not coming on here being a "**** you Habs!" Flyers fan. I've got dozens of Devils fans on the Devils board that can vouch for me being a very open minded poster. Kind of helps when I'm a Flyers fan living in Northern New Jersey, which is Rangers/Islanders/Devils territory.

My point is, I understand the "evil" reputation of the Flyers and their fans, but please don't assume so about every Flyers poster that comes onto the Habs board. I defend the Flyers when I disagree, and I agree with you guys if I think you're right. I keep getting a tone by your posts that you think I'm trying to be hostile on your boards.

Old
04-27-2008, 01:57 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
I keep getting a tone by your posts that you think I'm trying to be hostile on your boards.
No I'm not, just dicussing but I understand it's pretty tough to understand a tone on a message board.

Anyway, I respect your opinions. And I do respect the majority of Flyers fans coming in here so far.

But just have the feeling that it can and will got worst by every fanbase as the series progresses. But again, it's the playoffs so if that's how it's going to be so be it. Let's hope though for constructive conversations.

Old
04-27-2008, 02:00 PM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Quote:
No I'm not, just dicussing but I understand it's pretty tough to understand a tone on a message board.

Anyway, I respect your opinions. And I do respect the majority of Flyers fans coming in here so far.

But just have the feeling that it can and will got worst by every fanbase as the series progresses. But again, it's the playoffs so if that's how it's going to be so be it. Let's hope though for constructive conversations.
Completely understand. I'll probably be staying off the Habs board later in the series. But for now, on off days like this, I'll probably discuss the games.

Old
04-27-2008, 02:01 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
OT: And just like that, Pens vs. Rangers start
Thanks a lot! Didn't realize that it was at 2:00...would have missed it...

Last edited by Whitesnake: 04-27-2008 at 02:26 PM.