HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Martin Biron

Old
04-27-2008, 12:02 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 500
Biron is not consistant. He has a style that makes him a hero one game but the same style will give 5 goals the next. How many missed opportunities last night despite him being incredible? At the very least 5 easy scoring chances. The 2nd shot by Pleks in Biron's glove has nothing to do with Biron. Plekanec shoots anywhere else and it's a goal. And other chances like that.

We convert and while Biron will still makes saves, he'll allow 5 goals.

I'm absolutely convince that we'll score and that we have no problems offensively....I'm way more worried to see Price rebounds. I'm really starting to see the Price before his demotion and it's not reassuring.

So if we have to win games 6-4, well let's do it.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 12:39 PM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmony View Post
He's been good but he's been lucky too. His luck will run out sooner than later. We're badly outplaying them, you can't win a series that way.
He's had some really nice saves where he's flashed the leather big time and shut down the Habs, but other times, you're right, he has gotten lucky with some bounces. He's lucky in Game 2 that the Flyers defense controlled the rebounds as well as they did or this series may be 2-0 Habs.

JLHockeyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 12:43 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

I wish we can stop missing the net and hitting posts on our chances. When the Flyers hit the post, like on goal 4, it still manages to go in eventually. Not to mention Plekanec shooting at Biron's glove.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 12:46 PM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
I wish we can stop missing the net and hitting posts on our chances. When the Flyers hit the post, like on goal 4, it still manages to go in eventually. Not to mention Plekanec shooting at Biron's glove.
That one shot that hit the inside of the post and flew out past Biron, I have NO IDEA how that managed to stay out.

Old
04-27-2008, 12:54 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHockeyKnightRU View Post
That one shot that hit the inside of the post and flew out past Biron, I have NO IDEA how that managed to stay out.
Actually if you're referring to the Higgins shot, I have to give credit to Biron on that one. You could clearly see that when he dove to stop the puck, it touched a little bit his shirt making the puck deflect on the goal post. It was not a clear shot on the post. Biron made it that way. If he's not there it's a goal.

But on the 2 incredible chances from Plekanec, you could clearly see that on his breakway, Biron never moved his glove and on the 2nd one, while Biron moved it, Plekanec shot on him.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 12:56 PM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Actually if you're referring to the Higgins shot, I have to give credit to Biron on that one. You could clearly see that when he dove to stop the puck, it touched a little bit his shift making the puck deflect on the goal post. It was not a clear shot on the post. Biron made it that way. If he's not there it's a goal.

But on the 2 incredible chances from Plekanec, you could clearly see that on his breakway, Biron never moved his glove and on the 2nd one, while Biron moved it, Plekanec shot on him.
Yeah I believe it was the Higgins shot, the one way to the left that hit the inside of the right post and then flew out to the slot. I didn't realize Biron got a piece of that, I thought it slide under him.

Old
04-27-2008, 01:04 PM
katieboo

fluke. fluke. fluke. fluke. fluke. fluke. fluke. fluke. fluke. fluke. fluke. fluke. fluke. fluke. FLUKE!

katieboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 01:15 PM
Ice Poutine
Photoshop Nut

Maybe we should ask Martin Biron's little brother Mathieu (6'6", 245 lbs) who plays for the Dogs to come and lay some smackdown on his older brother Martin. Gainey could tell him that it would help his chances of making the team next year...

Ice Poutine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 01:17 PM
gee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habbadasher View Post
Just as a point of interest, while Biron is underweight, he is still 6'1". Taller than most of us here.

same height, but i don't have freaky cat eyes

gee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 01:22 PM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Quote:
Originally Posted by gee View Post
same height, but i don't have freaky cat eyes
It helps him scare shooters

Old
04-27-2008, 01:23 PM
Mathieu21

Send a message via MSN to Mathieu21
Biron went to my elementary school some 15 years before me.

Mathieu21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 02:03 PM
MojoJojo

Caps fans were screaming fluke too. He is a much better goalie than he gets credit for with all the idiots on HF that have been running around calling him a career backup. Career wise his numbers have been very good and very consistent. Like all goalies he gets hot and cold, but this is not the first time we've seen him play up to this level before for a significant number of games. If he stays hot, and Price continues to be inconsistent the Flyers have a shot at this series (and as a Flyers fan, I will admit thats about the only way we can win).

MojoJojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 02:28 PM
ApeZilla

Send a message via AIM to ApeZilla
Quote:
Originally Posted by MojoJojo View Post
Caps fans were screaming fluke too.
Agreed. I saw 76 of the flyers regular season games this year. There was at least 15 times this season where we won simply because of Biron. Those 15 weren't his only great games, I literally mean the whole team sucked and he bailed them out. Biron's problem has always been soft goals. However I haven't seen that from him in the playoffs yet.

ApeZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 05:27 PM
CanuckistanFlyerfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Biron is not consistant. He has a style that makes him a hero one game but the same style will give 5 goals the next. How many missed opportunities last night despite him being incredible? At the very least 5 easy scoring chances. The 2nd shot by Pleks in Biron's glove has nothing to do with Biron. Plekanec shoots anywhere else and it's a goal. And other chances like that.

We convert and while Biron will still makes saves, he'll allow 5 goals.

I'm absolutely convince that we'll score and that we have no problems offensively....I'm way more worried to see Price rebounds. I'm really starting to see the Price before his demotion and it's not reassuring.

So if we have to win games 6-4, well let's do it.

OK, but that also sounds like Price, doesn't it? I mean he was great in games in the first series, then let in 5 twice. And he certainly hasn't been great in this series. Not bad, but certainly not great.

Philly had 7- 20 goal scorers this year. They're about as deep a team at forward as there is. I think they're just as able to pull out 6-4 victories as Montreal is.

CanuckistanFlyerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 05:37 PM
Brisk-Illusion

I've said it before, if the only thing that determines the winner of the series is who is better between Price and Biron, I'm confident Price can win that battle.

Are Flyers fans honestly saying that if they could trade goalies for the next 5 games, they wouldn't do it ?

Brisk-Illusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 05:38 PM
THE HOFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmony View Post
He's been good but he's been lucky too. His luck will run out sooner than later. We're badly outplaying them, you can't win a series that way.
he played bad in the first game... played a fantastic 2nd game and was lucky.

montreal in 5.

THE HOFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 05:45 PM
Sined
The AndroidBugler!

I'll man up and give Biron the props due to him (without all the "it was all luck" BS).
Biron stood on his head and looked solid. Except for a bit of rebound control issues he played exactly how a team needs their goalie to play in the Playoffs. He made the stops he needed to make and more.

Sined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 06:11 PM
markzab

Send a message via AIM to markzab
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisk-Illusion View Post
I've said it before, if the only thing that determines the winner of the series is who is better between Price and Biron, I'm confident Price can win that battle.

Are Flyers fans honestly saying that if they could trade goalies for the next 5 games, they wouldn't do it ?
Yup.

But ask me again in 2+ years and I'll probably have a different answer.

markzab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 06:47 PM
CanuckistanFlyerfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisk-Illusion View Post

For the next 5 games, or for good? For good it's a no brainer. But so far in the postseason, with Biron going against Ovechkin, Semin, Backstrom, Greene and co. and Price against a Bruins team the Canadiens have owned for decades, that lacks scoring oomph AND their best player, I really haven't seen one be that much better than the other.

Mind you I haven't seen all the games the two have played, but most of them.

CanuckistanFlyerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 07:06 PM
bib
#believe

Stevens: Matty! Just one more thing!

Biron: Yeah coach?

Stevens: He loves going to his backhand, glove side.

Biron: But coach, what if he goes stick?

Stevens: He's fancy, he'll go glove.

Fancy Pleks

bib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 07:12 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
We made him look good last night. His rebound control was ****, he was off angles and made terrible decisions with the puck. When we had a chance, we shot it at him and did not shoot into the gaping holes he was leaving.
THIS is accurate. Having said that, he did all he had to with the shots that our forwards DID test him with, AND made some huge saves. If you could pause the world at all of those quality chances we had and instantly substituted our players with quality finishers, we would have won 11-4. Sounds like a rediculous argument to make, but any time you his posts on wide open nets, or don't even hit the net from the slot in the absence of pressure or obstruction from opposing players, you're making it easy on the other goalie. And our forwards have been GREAT at that...

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 10:18 PM
jiboy
Patience

Biron reminds me a lot of another quebec goalie: Marc André Fleury. Good reflex, shaky for the rebounds and lacking some mental aptitude.

Its almost like he is too much of a nice guy, sometime to be a winner you need that killer instinct, even for a goalie and I believe he doesnt have it.

Also he wasn't that great on the last game, yes he did all the saves he could but on many shot he was beat and we just lacked finish. This is quite promising since that it shows that even when Biron is at his best we are able to outplay PHI badly enough so we have many of those "goalies has no chance" scoring chances.

jiboy is offline   Reply With Quote