HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

GDT: ECSF Game 2 Rangers @ Penguins 2:00 EST NBC

Closed Thread

Old
04-27-2008, 07:55 PM
MountVancouver'94

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
If you can't see what an insult that name is... well, nevermind. You know what it is. You're just trying to cause trouble. Seen it before, see it now.
Thank you. Like what's your intentions really? We are down 2-0 and you have to come here and respond to anything? Even if you are being civil...do you think we want to hear it? Do you think we care what a Pens fan thinks right now? If we say things like "Don't call us Rags", it should stop there...we don't want to see another post telling us to calm down. Or snide remarks about Sidney's Hart Trophy win...seriously.

Old
04-27-2008, 07:56 PM
MountVancouver'94

Quote:
Just ignore him. Every time we play the damn Penguins we have to deal with the crap. It's just obnoxious.
And I get banned from their boards for 4 WEEKS!!! just for posting this picture

Old
04-27-2008, 07:58 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountVancouver'94 View Post
Thank you. Like what's your intentions really? We are down 2-0 and you have to come here and respond to anything? Even if you are being civil...do you think we want to hear it? Do you think we care what a Pens fan thinks right now? If we say things like "Don't call us Rags", it should stop there...we don't want to see another post telling us to calm down. Or snide remarks about Sidney's Hart Trophy win...seriously.
All I know is that I hope we win 4 straight just so he doesn't come and post here. Lord knows he (and the rest of the Penguins trolls) doesn't post when we win. There are many solid Penguins fans, though, which I fully welcome here even after a Penguins victory.

"Okay, Joel. You've had your fun. Give your brother his pads back." - Trxjw
Old
04-27-2008, 07:59 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Quote:

Well, I probably would've banned you, too for that. Haha.

Old
04-27-2008, 08:01 PM
Gui101do

Quote:

Getting a temp. ban for that isn't right, either.

Photoshops are hillarious and at least that one is somewhat creative.

Old
04-27-2008, 08:02 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

For the record, Gui101do is a good Pens poster in my books.

Old
04-27-2008, 08:02 PM
peanutbuttacallytime
#therightway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybax View Post
Exactly...

Penguins = Pens
Rangers = Rags
rags are meant for mopping up *****...come to our boards call us the rangers..and if thats too much for you to type how about nyr or ny

Old
04-27-2008, 08:04 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peantbuttapruchatime View Post
rags are meant for mopping up *****...come to our boards call us the rangers..and if thats too much for you to type how about nyr or ny
If that's too much for him, he should just stay off our board.

Old
04-27-2008, 08:08 PM
peanutbuttacallytime
#therightway

Quote:
+1

..seriously pens fans i respect any input and i know a lot of you are not here trolling (well some of you) but at the same time you have to understand that the team we live and die with is down 2-0 to your team ...so if were a bit upset that your coming to our board and referring to our team as a towel thats used to mop of sh*it (rags) then im sorry your going to have to deal with it ...go to your boards call us rags and have a good time

Old
04-27-2008, 08:13 PM
MountVancouver'94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gui101do View Post
Getting a temp. ban for that isn't right, either.

Photoshops are hillarious and at least that one is somewhat creative.
And it was my total intention too. They were posting pictures of Wine and Cheese (about us), which I thought was funny. So I posted it to lighten the mood.

Old
04-27-2008, 08:20 PM
mess11mess

Dude are you serious? You just made the other guys arguement. You finished 26th, 29th, 30th and 29th. Just because you didn't finish DEAD last you think that makes a difference? You finished at the bottom out of 30 teams. It's not like you finished in the top 5 and the picks you made were great late picks your scouting dept discovered and the players went on to be stars. You made no brainer picks and each player picked was worthy of being a top 5 pick.

And the lockout lottery, the "Crosby lottery" - it's not like each team had a 1/1 chance at getting him like you make it sound...that you got "lucky" - it was a weighted lottery and as a bad team you got more chances to get him than the Lightening who were the last team to win the Cup prior to the lockout. You had a greater percentage of getting the top pick than other teams.

C'mon..get a grip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybax View Post
Not to be picky, but your chart and assessment is incorrect...

1) 2001-2002 = Finished 26th with 69 Points / Draft 5th with Whitney
2) 2002-2003 = Finished 29th with 65 Points / Draft 3rd (traded Mikael Samuelsson for 1st pick to select Fleury)
3) 2003-2004 = Finished 30th with 58 Points / Draft 2nd with Malkin
x) 2004-2005 = Lockout - No NHL Season / 30 Team Lottery (lucky winner for 1st pick to select Crosby)
4) 2005-2006 = Finished 29th with 58 Points / Draft 2nd with Staal

- How many of those 4 seasons were the Penguins the worst team in the NHL? One... 2003-04

- How many 1st overall picks did the Penguins receive during that timeframe? None... 5th, 3rd, 2nd, 2nd

- How did the Penguins obtain two 1st overall picks during that timeframe? Traded for Fleury. Lucky for Crosby... any NHL team could have won the Lockout Lottery.

The remaining bulk of the team was also homegrown...

Colby Armstrong - 21st overall > Hossa
Brooks Orpik - 18th overall
Kristopher Letang - 62nd overall
Erik Christensen - 69th overall > Hossa
Tyler Kennedy - 99th overall
Ryan Malone - 115th overall
Robert Scuderi - 134th overall
Maxime Talbot - 234th overall

The AHL Penguins are also doing well since then. Far from idiot free. It was a 5 year rebuild. Actually to be honest, the entire organization received an overhaul from top to bottom, from the GM to the water boy.

Old
04-27-2008, 08:23 PM
roast

I'll help you with the pens fans...many here like to forget about 01-06 when we sucked...they were fans from 90's - 01...then 06/07 - present. They like to stir the pot...however there are a lot of decent ones....the ones who got treated to Joel Bouchard (as did you guys)...Richard Lintner, Mike Wilson, 11,000 fans at Mellon arena for a couple of games, etc. In regards to the game though, I thought the Rangers played decent and Lundquvist has been a beast, as expected. Game one was awful for both teams with way to many strange bounces...If I was in your shoes I'd be jacked about the quick whistle as well. I wouldn't be shocked to see the Rangers take both at MSG...one because of the track record of the pens there this season...two because of Gomez, Drury, Jagr......Jagr's too good and I'm sure he still has a couple of big playoff games in him and to be honest I think its brutal people still boo him in the burgh...without him the pens probably don't have two cups.

Old
04-27-2008, 08:24 PM
Smashley

Quote:

Well considering how much you've shoved it down all of our throats on this board posting it on every possible thread, I can't say that I blame them.

Old
04-27-2008, 08:27 PM
MountVancouver'94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashley View Post
Well considering how much you've shoved it down all of our throats on this board posting it on every possible thread, I can't say that I blame them.
ouch. Nothing worse than getting kicked by your own kind. Sorry you feel that way.

Old
04-27-2008, 08:39 PM
z1co80
The Incredible Hank

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by roast View Post
I'll help you with the pens fans...many here like to forget about 01-06 when we sucked...they were fans from 90's - 01...then 06/07 - present. They like to stir the pot...however there are a lot of decent ones....the ones who got treated to Joel Bouchard (as did you guys)...Richard Lintner, Mike Wilson, 11,000 fans at Mellon arena for a couple of games, etc. In regards to the game though, I thought the Rangers played decent and Lundquvist has been a beast, as expected. Game one was awful for both teams with way to many strange bounces...If I was in your shoes I'd be jacked about the quick whistle as well. I wouldn't be shocked to see the Rangers take both at MSG...one because of the track record of the pens there this season...two because of Gomez, Drury, Jagr......Jagr's too good and I'm sure he still has a couple of big playoff games in him and to be honest I think its brutal people still boo him in the burgh...without him the pens probably don't have two cups.

its good posters like yourself that outweigh the immature ones who just look to try stir things up, i would be pretty sure in saying that no one minds fans from other teams coming on our board if it is to talk about the game or series without getting into a flaming war.

every team has there fans who jump on the success bandwagon but when the team is in the trenches and when things do go right its the real fans that stay the course, also well done to you guys for tonights win

Old
04-27-2008, 08:43 PM
danno2530

Send a message via Yahoo to danno2530
First of all, **** the Penguins. If any Pittsburgh fans have a problem with me saying that, too bad. I'm bitter. It's taken me a while to get over this one today.

With that said, the team played hard today. REALLY hard. You can't take anything away from the effort...and Lundqvist was amazing.

But the offense was just terrible. Credit the Penguins defense, but there just really weren't that many good scoring opportunities. Maybe coming back to MSG will help, but this was just a really frustrating game to see today.

Old
04-27-2008, 08:50 PM
Gui101do

If you're in a lighter mood and feel like having a good laugh, check out http://thepensblog.blogspot.com/

Right now, it is most definitely heavy on anti-RANGERS photoshops. However, they update daily (even in the off-season), they routinely post user-submitted photoshops (so all of your creativity does not go to waste) and they keep tabs on everything around the NHL.

If you appreciate hockey humor and can get past a Jagr in a dress or Avery on a power Rangers photoshop, you may actually enjoy it.

Old
04-27-2008, 09:03 PM
ThirdEye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gui101do View Post
Right now, it is most definitely heavy on anti-RANGERS photoshops.
Great, so why are you posting it? No offense, but it's better to just leave us alone after a loss. I doubt there are too many people here in a light mood right now

Old
04-27-2008, 09:48 PM
Ranger35
Zuccarello!

Send a message via AIM to Ranger35
Quote:
Give me a break. A rag is a rag. You wipe your ass with a rag. It's the term loser Devils and Islanders fans call us.

You can call us the Rangers, thank you. It's all of 3 letters longer.

Call us whatever you want on your own team board, but here you should show our team some respect.
There's always the option of abbreviating to NYR, not that painful to do. I think that guy really did mean to use it in abbreviation, but he just didn't realize that's what all of the haters call us.

Old
04-27-2008, 10:53 PM
dank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashley View Post
eesh, we're getting fractious here.. i truly hope this is not the feeling in the locker room as well..

Old
04-27-2008, 10:59 PM
daveskirtun
:o)

Just got home. Lundqvist really deserved to win today, it's a shame

Old
04-27-2008, 10:59 PM
Jaromir Jagr
New York Rangers Cup

So we're arguing because an opposing fan called our Rags the Rags?

Just when I thought I've seen it all......

Closed Thread