HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Flyers mocking Habs after 4th goal.

Old
04-27-2008, 07:14 PM
Kriss E

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony66 View Post
Funny how I didn't see very many Habs car flags during last season though. It only seems as though Habs pride is only apparent in this city when the doors of the bandwagon swing wide open.

And in regards to you pinning the entire incident on "organized scums", that seems somewhat ignorant on your part as well. We all know from previous experience that it does not take much to get a drunk Habs fan riled up enough to start acting like a complete moron. Granted, I'm sure there were idiots outside of Habs fans that were looking for the perfect opportunity to commit some looting, but to completely rubbish the idea altogether that no hockey fans were involved in some of the chaos seems kind of naive as well.
Wow..you're such a genius to figure that one out.
Since the lockout, MTL has been THE hockey town, hands down. I don't really get what you're trying to prove here...That there's more fans into the Habs when they finish 1st then out of Playoffs? ..wow..what a discovery....Its like that everywhere buddy..
What are you gonna say next?..that there's even more people into it during the Playoffs??

Drunk people acting moronic is a world-wide thing, not just in MTL and with Habs Fans. Its easy to get a drunk moron to tag along in some stupid act, but the people that started the riot were said to be an organized group, after that its just a domino effect.

To get back to Tom's classless punch. Whether it was classless or not, Timonen deserved it. But the Flyers didn't even play well those past 2 games. If they were amazing, then they can be cocky all they want, but they weren't.
Still, maybe that doesn't excuse the fact that Tom punched someone that wasn't looking, then again, who trash talks a ''grinder'' and turns around?..

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 07:31 PM
number 11

has anyone mentioned yet that it was more of an open-palmed facewash than a punch?

number 11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 09:59 PM
Nitehowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony66 View Post
Before you get all bent out of shape, I'm not defending the Flyers here for one second. As a die hard Pens fan I hate Philly just as much as anyone else, and wouldn't mind seeing the Habs bounce them for that matter. I'm well aware of how dirty they can be as well, especially since Hartnell deliberately tried to take Sid's head off his shoulders when he was on his knees in front of that net in their 7th meeting of the regular season.

But speaking in context of this specific incident, I honestly don't feel that Tom's sucker punch was justified because of some idiotic mocking on the part of Timmonen. You want to protect the honour of your young goalie? Then do a better in front of him next game, plain in simple. If not that, then drop the gloves and settle it man to man.

You really think Timmonen is gonna drop the gloves.....LOL

Nitehowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 10:02 PM
Nitehowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontFireHolmgrenPlz View Post
That means your team is better.
Wow, that musta taken alot of thought

Nitehowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 10:05 PM
Templeton

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokin018 View Post
C'mon....I can post just as many links for any other team in the league.... [1]

Do you really want to attempt to justify the validy of a fan dumping a beer on Richards in the penalty box? How about we just agree that every fan base has their "bad seeds"?[2]
[1] So do it ... we will have fun.

[2] If you can read, I wasn't, but what your team did this year is 99999999999 X more reprehensible than and damn beer. Wake up.

Templeton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2008, 01:44 AM
snafu7x7

was it a bit of a sucker punch? Yeah sure.

but did he deserve it? Yeah.

if the linesmen were from the 80s (or earlier) mthey wouldn't even have been within 20 feet, they woulda slugged it out, timmonen would be out cold and we could all get back the game. Flyers still woulda won but we'd have a story to watch in game 3 instead of all this ********

snafu7x7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2008, 01:46 AM
snafu7x7

throwing the beer on Richards was just stupid, classless and tasteless. If you MUST do that, pick somebody that is worthy of that kind of contempt, Richards is not that guy

Old
04-28-2008, 03:17 AM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by snafu7x7 View Post
throwing the beer on Richards was just stupid, classless and tasteless. If you MUST do that, pick somebody that is worthy of that kind of contempt, Richards is not that guy
Any guys on the opposing team is worth that treatment

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2008, 06:52 AM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Quote:
Meh, I don't see what the big deal of throwing a beer is at anyone when Flyers fans throw people.

JLHockeyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2008, 07:19 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
I'm sure Phillie fans have done much worse.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2008, 09:32 AM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
I'm sure Phillie fans have done much worse.
The reason they had plastic matts over the zamboni entrance back in the Spectrum was supposedly to stop people from pouring beer onto the away team, because they came out through the zamboni entrance.

BTW, it's "Philly Fans", "Phillie" implies that they're a fan of the Philadelphia Phillies baseball team, there's a difference.

JLHockeyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2008, 05:32 PM
snafu7x7

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHockeyKnightRU View Post
Meh, I don't see what the big deal of throwing a beer is at anyone when Flyers fans throw people.

haha, I had forgotten about that! That was awesome, you could tell the guy was hammered and its funny cause Domi looks totally incredulous for a few seconds as the guy flops over the glass, then he sorta shrugs it off and starts punchin him

Old
04-28-2008, 05:42 PM
Go Habs Go

The real joke is that they almost got eliminated by the Caps.

Go Habs Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 10:58 AM
smack66

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHabsGo247 View Post
Hey your from Cornwall too, you must be a Leaf fan.
No, i'm an old school Bruins fan, but do enjoy watching the Habs ( although I would never cheer for them ) I enjoy reading comments on the Habs board but try not to troll.

smack66 is online now   Reply With Quote