HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

true life: i hate sidney crosby

Old
04-26-2008, 01:33 PM
theYman
Backboard #8 realgud

vCash: 500
Datsyuk is better than Crosbaby. At least currently

theYman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2008, 01:59 PM
hockeydadx2*

Quote:
Originally Posted by theYman View Post
Sure he is. Which is why Datsyuk won the Pearson a few years ago. Oh wait, he didn't. I guess the players don't share your sentiment, then.

hockeydadx2* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2008, 02:39 PM
HenriksBetter

Ovechkin is better than Crosby. Both a great players, but Ovechkin has the edge IMO.

HenriksBetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2008, 02:53 PM
HAPPY HOUR

Hard to believe that Bettman and co. would want this flopper to be the face of the NHL.

HAPPY HOUR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 02:07 PM
Balej20*

Cindy Crawsby Dive Count: 6
BS Penalties Because Of Crawsby's Antics: 3

He's such a great player.

Balej20* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 02:59 PM
The Thomas J.*

I have to say i'm really starting to dislike Crosby & his smug face its not gamemenship its biitchdom.

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 06:37 PM
chosen

Quote:
Originally Posted by theYman View Post
Yes, and Malik is better than Lidstrom.

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 06:40 PM
chosen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20 View Post
Cindy Crawsby Dive Count: 6
BS Penalties Because Of Crawsby's Antics: 3

He's such a great player.
He is a great player. Probably the best, although the option of Ovechkin offers a fair argument.

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 06:46 PM
klingsor
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post
He is a great player. Probably the best, although the option of Ovechkin offers a fair argument.
Most teams would take Crosby, I think.

With Gomez, Drury and Dubinsky we might be better off with Ovechkin, though.

klingsor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 07:08 PM
hockeydadx2*

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrfan444 View Post
Thanks for the tip, when you fall off the Pens bandwagon in a few years maybe we could meet up for a round.

Been a season ticket holder since '74, so the insult doesn't qualify, although one could clearly question my judgment about some of those years.

But tell you what, if the Rangers come back to win this series I'll set you up for a round at Oakmont.

hockeydadx2* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2008, 06:50 AM
daigle

Wheres that video? At the end u could see Cindy in the locker room getting (water) sprayed in his face.

THANKS

daigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2008, 07:41 AM
Alcoolique*

I don't think Crosby has been whining that much from this year. He stopped that singerie from his last 2years in the NHL. You could make the case for his first year or so..

Alcoolique* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2008, 07:43 AM
Alcoolique*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenriksBetter View Post
Ovechkin is better than Crosby. Both a great players, but Ovechkin has the edge IMO.
Depends.

I'd take Crosby to build my team over. Otherwise, I'd take Ovechkin if I had already a good team. Anyway.. That can be argued both ways, everyone has their opinions on this.

Alcoolique* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2008, 07:49 AM
Mr Bojanglez
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
I think you guys are reaching on the Crosby calls. You neglect the fact that Crosby is a great player - he'll have the puck more often and for longer periods of time than most players + he's a very good puck handler so you can't always get the puck by conventional means (i.e. you have to take a penalty) + The fact that he is a "star" the refs are more inclined to have attention on him and not miss calls (ties into the fact that he usually has the puck) = more penalties called. Its why star players like Kobe Bryant get fouled so much... you HAVE to foul them!

You want to call him a whiner, I cant' fight that too well. But lets be honest, you're going to have to cheat/take penalties... get an edge anyway possible against star players in all sports.

Mr Bojanglez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2008, 08:35 AM
Extra Texture
Slurpy in the house

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubiDubiDoo View Post
Sidney Crosby is the most gifted player in Hockey, I would revere him as the best thing thats happened to this game in over a decade if he would finally man up and stop the flopping and embellishments. His talent is once in a lifetime, his passion and effort is second to none!!!! His level of respect for the game is lacking...

You see, I cheer for Sean Avery, but i make no arguement in defense of his antics and putrid comments and thats the difference with you brainwashed Pens fans. If you could be honest with yourselves and admit that Crosby dives I'd have alot more respect for you...cus I can be honest with you and admit Crosby is freaking awesome, but it bothers me that he feels he cant win with his talent alone, because trust me he can
Some pens fans can actually admit these things, but when people seek to hate on a player with the same kind of blind irrationality ("I want to see him injured", "im sick of the coverage on this arrogant piece of ****","he will never be as talented as x,y,z") then what do you expect them to counter with? Because theyre certainly not going to vacilate and just accept the abuse without trying to stick up for their player

Im trying to be even handed and not decend into the more childish places this debate can go, but when people obstenately defend their player, maybe its because the entire hockey community seems to make it their mission to tear his accomplishments, as numerous as they are, to nothing (note: entire hockey community =/= vs/nbc announcers)

Wayne Gretzky used to be accused of many of the same things people slate Crosby for and what happened to him? He matured, worked that out of his game, and realized he could dominate on talent alone. Not saying thats definitely gonna happen with Crosby, but when he realizes he doesnt need to draw penalties by going down, hes gonna be an even scarier presence. But until that day, he is a 20 year old kid who is the focal point of his teams offense. People should probably keep that in mind sometimes

Extra Texture is offline   Reply With Quote