HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Crosby the Diver?

Old
04-27-2008, 11:57 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyshea View Post
Your right he is only 20 years old and has tons of time to gain maturity. But im sure he doesnt help his cause with his actions on the ice. Maybe if the nhl protected the top players like the once did there wouldnt be so many idiots making runs at the top players(look at what happened to wayne). Problem is players have lost respect
Culprit #1: the instigator penalty...

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2008, 09:19 AM
Puckhead58*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomaridII View Post
According the SI's rumor page, the NHL head office has spoken to Crosby about the issue of embelleshing.

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/nhl

And this is the main reason why I am not a Crosby fan!!! He's a baby and he cries everytime he doesn't get what he wants.

I would much rather watch Ovechkin go out there and be an extremely exciting player to watch. He works hard, plays hard and doesn't shy away from the physical play either....and he doesn't embellish things when he gets hit.

Sindy Crysby can go be a big baby somewhere else....I'm not gonna sit by and watch him.

Puckhead58* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2008, 10:01 AM
Joe Cole

This is the #1 thing I dislike in sports. Faking to get a call.

I know that getting an advantage is one of the most important things in sport, but... I just hate it. It is embarassing.

When players do it on my team, I tell them "fall down, ok... but whine like a little child or look like you were just shot and you stay on the bench for a shoft or two."

I know I should draw calls more myself, but I just cannot bear to do it. No way will I ever show/pretend that I am physically dominated, unless I truly am.

When Crosby does it.... it makes me like other players more.

Joe Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2008, 10:10 AM
compile

vCash: 611
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony66 View Post
Well said. Even Kelly Hrudey said it himself today during the first intermission of the Pens/Rangers game. EVERYONE embelleshes hits from time to time in order to draw a penalty. It's part of the game and it has been part of the game for some time. If you're playing in the playoffs where every single game is crucial and you're behind 1 or 2 goals, you are gonna do whatever it takes to generate as many opportunities as possible for your team, plain and simple! Crosby simply gets singled out because he is the biggest name in the game today, and of course haters will jump and every possibly opportunity to crap on the kid and dissect every single thing that he does on the ice.

In the end though, any fan of any of the other 29 teams would still jump at the chance to have him on their team. The criticism against him as far as I'm concerned comes more from jealousy and envy than anything else.
Ovechkin > Crosby.

I would rather have Ovechkin's feet then Crosby's entire body.
I dislike Crosby because of the whinning and his diving. He's a whinny little suck and the league lets him get away with it.

/spit on the NHL and Crosby.

compile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2008, 10:16 AM
compile

vCash: 611
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Cole View Post
This is the #1 thing I dislike in sports. Faking to get a call.

I know that getting an advantage is one of the most important things in sport, but... I just hate it. It is embarassing.

When players do it on my team, I tell them "fall down, ok... but whine like a little child or look like you were just shot and you stay on the bench for a shoft or two."

I know I should draw calls more myself, but I just cannot bear to do it. No way will I ever show/pretend that I am physically dominated, unless I truly am.

When Crosby does it.... it makes me like other players more.
Agreed.

The whol argument of "getting calls to go your way" or "its part of the game" is bloody ridiculous. It's not part of the game, well actually it is. Doing it gets you 2mins in the P.box.

My brother was right on Saturday (Habs fan too). The NHL is the worst sport out of the bunch. Why, because they have 2 sets of rules. 1 for the regular season (where they call EVERYTHING!) and 1 for the playoffs (where things seem to go missed and are one-sided).

Honestly if the Pens win the cup this year. I'm boycotting the NHL until the day I die.

OT: anyone else notice how convenient, that the Pens were able to "win" the lottery the specific lottery of Crosby when he was hyped-up even before stepping onto NHL ice and seeing how they were about to be sold and moved...

Bettmen and the new NHL really blow.

compile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2008, 03:01 PM
Joe Cole

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForzaHabs View Post
My brother was right on Saturday (Habs fan too). The NHL is the worst sport out of the bunch. Why, because they have 2 sets of rules. 1 for the regular season (where they call EVERYTHING!) and 1 for the playoffs (where things seem to go missed and are one-sided).Bettmen and the new NHL really blow.
Gainey said something this year regarding the Habs and their improved PP. He said "I do not look at the PP and it's success rate. I look at the PK and the PP and the difference of goals between the two. That is the measure of how your special teams are doing. Not individually."

This got me thinking. I came to a new conclusion, and I have come to terms with it.

In hockey, you can call a penalty on pretty much every player on the ice, on every shift. So... how does a ref decide to make a call?

Refs have to call the obvious ones. Then, their role is to even it up by calling a make up call on the opposing team. This is not coincidence. It is the way it is. That is why Gainey does not see PK and PP as distinct, they are two parts of the puzzle.

To be mad at this situation is just like fighting the wind.

Now... does the league have a special affection for the Pens? I don't know, but I sure as hell think they are lucky, and I hate diving.

Joe Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2008, 04:42 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Cole View Post
Gainey said something this year regarding the Habs and their improved PP. He said "I do not look at the PP and it's success rate. I look at the PK and the PP and the difference of goals between the two. That is the measure of how your special teams are doing. Not individually."

This got me thinking. I came to a new conclusion, and I have come to terms with it.

In hockey, you can call a penalty on pretty much every player on the ice, on every shift. So... how does a ref decide to make a call?

Refs have to call the obvious ones. Then, their role is to even it up by calling a make up call on the opposing team. This is not coincidence. It is the way it is. That is why Gainey does not see PK and PP as distinct, they are two parts of the puzzle.

To be mad at this situation is just like fighting the wind.

Now... does the league have a special affection for the Pens? I don't know, but I sure as hell think they are lucky, and I hate diving.
Its true and its such a ******** mentality... You should call everything that is a penalty regardless if the penalties are 8-2 for one team. The NFL doesn't even up the penalties... neither does the NBA with Fouls. Why we do so in hockey is dumb, it favours the less talented teams as teams with more talent draw more hooking, tripping, holding, etc.... During the regular season the NHL didn't even up the penalties but now the playoffs are here and they want to again. Its a load of crap.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote