HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hamrlik playing horribly

Old
04-28-2008, 08:47 PM
LyleOdelein

vCash: 500
Hamrlik playing horribly

I love the guy, but Hamr has been easily our worst player in the series. He's backing off way too much on harmless rushes only to screen or tip in Flyers shots. His decision making is terrible. He's hurt the team in 3 straight games now. What is going on with him? Is he hurt? He's so much better than how he's playing. It's almost at the point where he should have his minutes reduced because he's hurting the team on the scoreboard consistently now.

LyleOdelein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2008, 08:49 PM
kostitsyn1489

If anything he's the only defencemen that does something on offense. Our D is awful offensively and t me Hamrlik is the only one that tries to do something. The others are waiting at the red line when the Flyers rim the puck and we cant keep it in.

kostitsyn1489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2008, 08:50 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyle_Odelein View Post
I love the guy, but Hamr has been easily our worst player in the series. He's backing off way too much on harmless rushes only to screen or tip in Flyers shots. His decision making is terrible. He's hurt the team in 3 straight games now. What is going on with him? Is he hurt? He's so much better than how he's playing. It's almost at the point where he should have his minutes reduced because he's hurting the team on the scoreboard consistently now.
The defense is fine...Phillie has not had a lot of chances but Price needs to step up and the boys have to start finishing...a lot of low quality shots. Habs are controlling the play but losing 3-0...brutal like Saturady!

Monctonscout is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2008, 08:51 PM
Joey

Send a message via MSN to Joey
Just because he's not his dominating self doesn't mean he's "easily the worst"...to say that is just foolish. He's trying to make plays and when there is no play to make he shoots it...don't try to make it seem like he's hurting the team anymore than the rest of the roster is

Joey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2008, 08:52 PM
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube

Have you watch markov played? Just ****ing awful! I know he's injured but he's so bad

JeromeHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2008, 08:53 PM
number 11

pretty sure markov has been worse

number 11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Of all the players to blame...Hamrlik? Really?

Starting from the defense out Markov and Komisarek have been far worse.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
jcpenny

I dont think you realize but the Flyers have only 12 shots and they barely have a good scoring chance in the game and its 3-0. The defense is playing fine, the offense has to wake up and goalie needs to make saves or at least the first one.

jcpenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2008, 08:54 PM
MM425

Disagree big time. He's been our best defenseman by a fair margin. Markov and Komisarek are looking like rookies out there.

MM425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
NHLcrazy

I've never seen Markov so bad for so long...and Komi looks like a horrid version of Hatcher out there

The best so far in 3 games are Bouillon and Gorges...by faaaaar

NHLcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Kirk Muller

Komisarek and Hamrlik have carried the bulk of the physical play all year and now in the playoffs and its no surprise both look beaten down.

Gainey failed to address a need but hey, he traded a starting goalie for a second round pick.

Kirk Muller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2008, 08:55 PM
Kachino

vCash: 50
Blame, blame and blame again ... The crazy thing is that the other side is doing the same but no complaints over there ...

Kachino is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2008, 08:57 PM
LyleOdelein

The first 2 goals were not Price's fault. Hamr dropped back and let the shooter fire away. This is a good strategy if you let the goalie see it. On both plays, Hamr screened Price. All a goalie can do is hope the puck hits him. If the shot's in a corner, it's a goal. Plus, Hamr tipped a shot that went in last game. He's smart enough to know to block it or get out of the way, but he hasn't been and it has been making Price look bad. I expect better.

Old
04-28-2008, 08:58 PM
marvelousmotion

What are you talking about?

Before criticizing Hamrlik, you should take a look at Markov and Komisarek. The two are terrible on the ice. #44 has been our most consistant defenceman so far in the playoffs along with Gorges.

marvelousmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
x-bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackattack View Post
Disagree big time. He's been our best defenseman by a fair margin. Markov and Komisarek are looking like rookies out there.
He hasn't been as bad as both Markov and Komisarek but he hasn't been good. He is invisible IMO. The two only D's doing anything out there are Bouillon and Gorges !

What a ****en fustrating team!!!!!

x-bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Benzaza

guys just believe...the game is not over...its not our d-squad that is suffering...its our defensive...the forwards are not all pinching in 100% look at the flyers they are always 4 in their zone in a snap...

habs cant play perfect every game.... its time to step up and follow koivu in the boards and crash the nest...

for gods sake cut the lines...the 4th line is useless sorry tender youre with koivu or youre out and lapierre well... he tries but hes a D kinda of guy....

never break up the smoke and fire line..

comment!!! :-)

Benzaza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2008, 08:59 PM
Stradale

Oh please.....

This is getting pathetic.

Im not even the BIGGEST fan of Hammer, but hes one of our last guy that should be blame.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2008, 09:05 PM
LyleOdelein

I'm not the type of poster to blame a player for no reason. I'm not saying Hamr should be bought out or anything. He's making mistakes he hasn't made all season consistently. His mistakes have led to 3 goals in the last 2 games, and at least one more in game 2. It's really noticeable considering how great he's been up until now. If Brisbois or Streit made the same mistakes, people would be all over them.

Old
04-28-2008, 09:23 PM
LyleOdelein

I admit I did exaggerate when I said he was easily our worst player. I think he has been horrible so far though. I hope he proves me wrong. He just made a nice play at the blueline that led to a goal. Hopefully he keeps it up.

Old
04-28-2008, 09:48 PM
jcpenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyle_Odelein View Post
The first 2 goals were not Price's fault. Hamr dropped back and let the shooter fire away. This is a good strategy if you let the goalie see it. On both plays, Hamr screened Price. All a goalie can do is hope the puck hits him. If the shot's in a corner, it's a goal. Plus, Hamr tipped a shot that went in last game. He's smart enough to know to block it or get out of the way, but he hasn't been and it has been making Price look bad. I expect better.
Im sorry but he needs to be more agressive. You wont make save by staying in the crease all game. First one ill agree but second one hurt the team bad and did saw the shot coming. He even had the third one but went in. Its the playoffs you need key saves and we are not getting them. He even has trouble with the routine ones.

jcpenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2008, 09:54 PM
LyleOdelein

I hate when Cherry agrees with me. I did notice it was Komi who screened the second one, but the first one was still a costly mistake.