HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

GAME TAKES: Flyers 3, Habs 2: cut-and-paste of game two.

Old
04-28-2008, 09:12 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
I know we're losing the series 2-1 but I honestly don't feel nervous that we might lose this round.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2008, 09:14 PM
zx81

vCash: 500
Kovalev was lazy and didn't show up.
This team can't win without Kovy's contribution.
Without him we would have lost against the Bruins.

zx81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2008, 09:14 PM
Nashy
The Honey Badger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrei Kostopolous View Post
Koivu is the only one exempt for anything these days. He is the only one doing anything positive consistently.
Carbonneau should just take all the young guys and make them watch Koivu.....and tell them..."that's what it takes to win in the playoffs, fellas."

Nashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2008, 09:16 PM
Kirk Muller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nashy View Post
Carbonneau should just take all the young guys and make them watch Koivu.....and tell them..."that's what it takes to win in the playoffs, fellas."
and maybe through in a few veterans a la Kovalev and Markov as well. The could learn something too.

Kirk Muller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2008, 09:16 PM
sheed36

Quote:
Originally Posted by les3couleurs View Post
Carbo's comments after the game from CKAC.

We've played well. We have to continue doing the same thing. We have to score in the first. Price's confidence.

Raises his voice answering a question about how Carey should assess his game, whether he should be hard on himself. Points the finger to the five players on the ice for the 5-on-3.

Simplify to score? Not really we had great chances, we just didn't bury them.

I know he (Price) can come back really strong. Yes, he is shaken right now.

He's the coach and the guy that put the 5 guys out on the 5 on 3 so maybe he should point the finger at himself a little.....I missed the first period but I am willing to bet he had smoke out there on that 5 on 3 instead of someone who can actually score correct?

sheed36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2008, 09:17 PM
NASRT

I'm Not done FRIGGIN BELIEVING
We Will WIN GAME 4

I dont care who Carbo Ices

NASRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2008, 09:18 PM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

I really want the team to win the series, but in the end it makes no difference. We won't win the next series if we win this one. We'll face a much better team than Boston or Philadelphia and we're strugling big time against those 7th and 8th seeded teams. Horrendous. What a meltdown. Especially Price, he's really great but he's not ready yet.

ChemiseBleuHonnete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2008, 09:19 PM
Delat

I'll be nervous when we will be down in game 4, and I can't think that it will happen again.

Delat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
The n00b King
Kingin' since 2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
He's the coach and the guy that put the 5 guys out on the 5 on 3 so maybe he should point the finger at himself a little.....I missed the first period but I am willing to bet he had smoke out there on that 5 on 3 instead of someone who can actually score correct?
Smoke has actually been really good for the habs...

Streit on the other hand...

The n00b King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
optimus2861

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
I know we're losing the series 2-1 but I honestly don't feel nervous that we might lose this round.
I do. Biron's only got to steal one game to put us up against the wall, then anything can happen. We should be blowing this squad out of the rink, but we haven't led for one stinking minute!

Think on this: if not for a fortunate bounce on that game 1 faceoff, we'd be down 3-0.

optimus2861 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2008, 09:20 PM
NHLcrazy

guys guys!

You know what it's time for?

Yes Carbo's lucky tie...wee need everything to break this curse

NHLcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2008, 09:20 PM
HamrlikTheStud*

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx81 View Post
Kovalev was lazy and didn't show up.
This team can't win without Kovy's contribution.
9 points in 10 games. He has two guys on him. He basically put 2 pucks right on the goal line for Higgins, who just like usual, shot besides the net.

And what exactly is the utility of Higgins on this team. Plekanec gets some points, and performs regularly in the season. Andrei Kostitsyn displays good things. Sergei is mean, we need him. Kovalev can control a game when he's on his game, Koivu is our heart and our leader. Latendresse is big, strong, and when he is playing like tonight, looks like a top 6 player.

Higgins is what? It's his job to forecheck, and he doesn't. He just waits passively, even if he has the youngest legs on his line.

He misses gold opportunities. It will not improve, he has been doing it for 2 years now.

He is not mean, he is not physical. We never see him go deep in the offensive zone and take a good check on the opposing D-Man.

Anyway... Once again I'm probably the only one who thinks this.

HamrlikTheStud* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2008, 09:22 PM
Kachino

Send a message via MSN to Kachino
The thing I'll change on the PP is to stop dumping it (shooting the puck on the boards) in order to enter the zone. Habs can easily get in the Flyers zone when it's 5 on 5. Why all the dumping when it didn't work well during the game? That's something I didn't like tonight.

Well with that said...

Go Go!

Come back stronger on game 4.

Kachino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2008, 09:23 PM
Nashy
The Honey Badger

Quote:
Originally Posted by HamrlikTheStud View Post
Higgins is what? It's his job to forecheck, and he doesn't. He just waits passively, even if he has the youngest legs on his line.

He misses gold opportunities. It will not improve, he has been doing it for 2 years now.

He is not mean, he is not physical. We never see him go deep in the offensive zone and take a good check on the opposing D-Man.

Anyway... Once again I'm probably the only one who thinks this.
I love Higgins, but he needs to step up and bury some of his chances....he needs to score some clutch goals if the Habs are going to climb back into this series.

Nashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2008, 09:23 PM
Stephen Locke*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrei Kostopolous View Post
Koivu is the only one exempt for anything these days. He is the only one doing anything positive consistently.
Damn right.I wonder where exactly are the Koivu bashers now who used to flood this board during the season telling us that he was finished and he was a lousy captain?

Stephen Locke* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2008, 09:26 PM
Gret99zky
Worst Thread Ever

vCash: 6964
The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

Gret99zky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2008, 09:27 PM
sheed36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
I was like that after game 2 but after tonight I don't really know what to think anymore.....The Flyers seem to be getting all the bounces in this series and the 2-0 deficits to the Flyers in all 3 games in this series is really concerning...If the Habs can get solid goaltending and play like they did in the 3rd tonight they should win this series....If the Habs lose game 4 though it might be lights out for this year....

Old
04-28-2008, 09:28 PM
guest1467

Habs will win the next game, they are so due.

Then it will turn into a best of three, with two home games.

guest1467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2008, 09:30 PM
One Trick Pony

Quote:
Originally Posted by optimus2861 View Post

Think on this: if not for a fortunate bounce on that game 1 faceoff, we'd be down 3-0.
You can't say that.. If we lost game 1 maybe Biron wouldn't have been taht good in game 2 and maybe we would have been more lucky. You can never know, all that we know is that we have to win game 4. Who cares if we got lucky in game 1, they got lucky in game 2 and 3, now we should juste focus on winning this series anny way we can.

One Trick Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2008, 09:30 PM
tiredman

biron has outplayed price so far in the series and some of our players didn't up. where's kovalev ? where was andrei kostitsyn tonight ? where was somlinski's line tonight? yep. that's the reason why we lost tonight.

also, we can't always count on the PP's we get to win each games. like pat burns said this year; the day a team will find a way to stop the pp of the habs, the fun will be over.

tiredman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2008, 09:32 PM
sheed36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominant Hegemony View Post
Smoke has actually been really good for the habs...

Streit on the other hand...

I agree Smoke as been great but he shouldn't be out on a 5 on 3 PP.....He as been great as the 3rd line centre in these playoffs but IMO he shouldn't be out on a 5 on 3 PP when you have players sitting on the bench that have a more offensive game than him....

Old
04-28-2008, 09:33 PM
Canadian_Brewtality

i can say so much, but im gonna bow out gracefully tonight.

I dont think we dominated. We missed chances, but our intesnity level in the first 2 periods was lacking. Our top forwards...only Koivu showed.

I cant tell how sad it makes me watching Koivu working his ass off, while some guys around him float all game. I wish that we could just get him that cup, he deserves it.

Canadian_Brewtality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2008, 09:36 PM
RC51

I have seen all this before, every 5 years or so some team in the playoffs just gets so lucky it's insane. Holding off a better team for 3 games, holding off at least 7 post now and 7 clear open net shots all the while getting all the lucky bounces and scoring on tips, deflects and blind shots. 3 games in a row? yep every 5 years or so.
Now 4 games? well you have to go back 10 years and 5 games????
I have seen this only once in 50 years.

I suppose if the Flyers continue to win Habs will have hit at least 12 posts and 12 open net shots, it would kind of feel like the Habs winning 11 overtime games in the same playoffs to finally win the cup except in reverse.

But the Flyers need all this luck to win. They will still have to win 2 more games against the Habs the same way. This I gotta see!!!!

so keep letting it ride, keep throwing those dice, keep praying lucky 7 to hit yet again and again in a row.

RC51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2008, 09:41 PM
Nitehowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by optimus2861 View Post
I do. Biron's only got to steal one game to put us up against the wall, then anything can happen. We should be blowing this squad out of the rink, but we haven't led for one stinking minute!

Every chance the Flyers have had in the series they score ,,,most on lucky bounces or off sticks

Habs have hit at least 7 goal posts and Biron had to stand on his head to stop x number of sure goals.

Habs have outhit/outskated/outchanced/won most faceoffs/
Flyers won the goalie battle and won the goon show

Nitehowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2008, 09:41 PM
MJG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross MacLochness View Post
If I'm Carbonneau the first step is picking the lines and actually sticking with them for a whole period. No more of this flip-flop stuff. Even before deciding on the goalie.

Kostitsyn-Plekanec-Kovalev
Higgins-Koivu-Kostitsyn
Begin-Smolinski-Kostopoulos
Latendresse-Lapierre-Streit

Just go with it for an entire game. Stop switching on the fly for no reason.
Fact is he's gonna move Streit back to d at some point in the game anyways so why not just start him there. So why not just sit O'Byrne for a game and play Ryder to try and get some offense going.

MJG is offline   Reply With Quote