HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Dirty, Dirty, Dirty, Dirty

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-28-2008, 09:49 PM
  #1
Hezza
 
Hezza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Ile-Bizard, PQ
Country: Scotland
Posts: 221
vCash: 500
Dirty, Dirty, Dirty, Dirty

1) The Downie trip on Price. Yes it was called, but still, that was pretty ****ing bad.
2) Hatcher smashing Bou Bou's face into the glass.
3) The Richard's elbow to the face of my man Jaro.
4) Prospal punch on Kosto. Prospal sitting on Flyers bench at the time.
I despise this team now. Everything they did in the season is spilling over into the playoffs.

What are your thoughts on these incidents?

EDIT: 2/4 were called.


Last edited by Hezza: 04-28-2008 at 10:09 PM.
Hezza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2008, 09:51 PM
  #2
freakin
Registered User
 
freakin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: behind enemy lines
Posts: 9,617
vCash: 500
I got four thoughts, and they're all the same.


Last edited by freakin: 04-28-2008 at 10:13 PM.
freakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2008, 09:51 PM
  #3
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service
 
Watsatheo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,306
vCash: 50
I have a sudden urge to youtube a certain Christina Aguilera music video.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2008, 09:53 PM
  #4
Stradale
Registered User
 
Stradale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,000
vCash: 500
Kostopoulos being crosschecked without even having the puck and while he was on his knees, Hartnell rough him in the face, again without having the puck and on the same shift, Prospal give him a punch while he was on the bench.

Thats 3 penalties on the same shift.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2008, 09:53 PM
  #5
Dogbert*
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Hamilton, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,052
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Dogbert*
I think you're overreacting to pedestrian things that happen in every playoff series. Kosto punched Biron in the head in Game 2: did anyone here complain about that?

Dogbert* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2008, 09:54 PM
  #6
Banger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 886
vCash: 500
This is the playoffs not figure skating. You got penalties on at least 2 of 3 of those incidents and one was a 5 minute major that put Mtl in the game. Mtl's problem is they don't want to get dirty in front of the net and take a beating. It's that simple.

Banger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2008, 09:54 PM
  #7
gee
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 640
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogbert View Post
I think you're overreacting to pedestrian things that happen in every playoff series. Kosto punched Biron in the head in Game 2: did anyone here complain about that?
uh yeah sure they did

gee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2008, 09:55 PM
  #8
HF-Addict
Registered User
 
HF-Addict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,749
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergzandreikostitsyn View Post
1) The Downie trip on Price. Yes it was called, but still, that was pretty ****ing bad.
2) Hatcher smashing Bou Bou's face into the glass.
3) The Richard's elbow to the face of my man Jaro.

I despise this team now. Everything they did in the season is spilling over into the playoffs.

What are your thoughts on these incidents?
1) I thought Price embellished the Downie thing. Was happy we got a powerplay out of it though.
2) That was dirty, but it was called and got us back right in the game. So I got no complaints.
3) It should have been called, but it wasn't anything to whine about. Refs were very good anyway. I hope to see more of them.

HF-Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2008, 09:55 PM
  #9
Danglous
Registered User
 
Danglous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Philly
Country: United States
Posts: 371
vCash: 500
Exactly. Its going to happen with any team you play. There are going to be sucker punches, people are going to run the goalies, there will be scrums and "dirty" play. It is all part of the game. You might as well be Pittsburgh fans if you are going to whine about every non-call and physical play.

Danglous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2008, 09:56 PM
  #10
Kriss E
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 23,511
vCash: 500
Downie's trip wasn't dirty..not like he hit Price..it was a trip and there was a call..no need to make a big deal about that one..

I was more disappointed about Kosto getting bluntly crosscheck in the face while already being on his knees..all this in front of the net..

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2008, 09:59 PM
  #11
Claimed Off Waivers
Registered User
 
Claimed Off Waivers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,217
vCash: 500
The Richards tap on Halak was pretty tame, nothing that bad. The only really bad one was that turd Hatcher's hit on Bouillon, that guy's always been a dirty piece of crap.

Claimed Off Waivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2008, 10:00 PM
  #12
COMCASTMONEY
pay ya cable bills.
 
COMCASTMONEY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: PHI in PGH
Country: United States
Posts: 5,156
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Downie's trip wasn't dirty..not like he hit Price..it was a trip and there was a call..no need to make a big deal about that one..

I was more disappointed about Kosto getting bluntly crosscheck in the face while already being on his knees..all this in front of the net..
Ya get what y a give, I'm pretty sure most other players would've gotten a PP for their team by receiving that shot from Hartnell, but the refs know what's up.

COMCASTMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2008, 10:02 PM
  #13
Travis Moen
Registered User
 
Travis Moen's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Montréal
Posts: 1,816
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banger View Post
This is the playoffs not figure skating. You got penalties on at least 2 of 3 of those incidents and one was a 5 minute major that put Mtl in the game. Mtl's problem is they don't want to get dirty in front of the net and take a beating. It's that simple.
Staying in front of the net against the dirty flyers is risking your life...

Travis Moen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2008, 10:03 PM
  #14
Hezza
 
Hezza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Ile-Bizard, PQ
Country: Scotland
Posts: 221
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Cannon View Post
cough
punch to timmonen's face
cough
It was open hand
bob clarke even said he liked it

Hezza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2008, 10:03 PM
  #15
Stradale
Registered User
 
Stradale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,000
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Hate View Post
Ya get what y a give, I'm pretty sure most other players would've gotten a PP for their team by receiving that shot from Hartnell, but the refs know what's up.
Thats bs, Hartnell is not the cleanest guy either.

And Prospal punch Kostopoulos in the face while Prospal was sitting on the bench, didnt know that was legal too.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2008, 10:04 PM
  #16
Habmaster
Registered User
 
Habmaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Victoria BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 260
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Downie View Post
Exactly. Its going to happen with any team you play. There are going to be sucker punches, people are going to run the goalies, there will be scrums and "dirty" play. It is all part of the game. You might as well be Pittsburgh fans if you are going to whine about every non-call and physical play.
I agree - I'm getting a little sick of reading dudes fishing for excuses - the team isn't capitalizing - thats the facts - our goaltending really hasn't been that bad - but theirs has been better - facts - enough of the fricken whining - would people really be making threads like this if we had won? doubt it.

with that said,


GO HABS GO

Habmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2008, 10:05 PM
  #17
dlandry77
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 206
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Cannon View Post
cough
punch to timmonen's face
cough
Cough, hack, vomit.

Bruins lose there best player with your hit from behind.

Tonight, Hatcher hit from behind. He is an idiot anyway.

Your team has the reputation this year and everyone hates you because your team are a bunch of thugs. To bad your franchise is all about beating the ***** out of players and not just playing hockey. I guess if that is only way you can play, I guess thats what you have to do.

dlandry77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2008, 10:06 PM
  #18
COMCASTMONEY
pay ya cable bills.
 
COMCASTMONEY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: PHI in PGH
Country: United States
Posts: 5,156
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
Thats bs, Hartnell is not the cleanest guy either.

And Prospal punch Kostopoulos in the face while Prospal was sitting on the bench, didnt know that was legal too.
It's not about players' history, it's about response. You let the players handle little things like that on their own and it makes the refs' job a lot easier later-it does not prolong an inevitable reaction.

I did not see the Prospal incident you refer to. When did y ou see this?

COMCASTMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2008, 10:06 PM
  #19
Travis Moen
Registered User
 
Travis Moen's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Montréal
Posts: 1,816
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
And Prospal punch Kostopoulos in the face while Prospal was sitting on the bench, didnt know that was legal too.
I'm still shocked there was no penalty called from that play.

Travis Moen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2008, 10:08 PM
  #20
Banger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 886
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigcortex View Post
Staying in front of the net against the dirty flyers is risking your life...
that's what it takes to win these close games. Gotta be willing to pay the price.

Banger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2008, 10:08 PM
  #21
Nitehowl
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: BC Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 912
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Downie View Post
Exactly. Its going to happen with any team you play. There are going to be sucker punches, people are going to run the goalies, there will be scrums and "dirty" play. It is all part of the game. You might as well be Pittsburgh fans if you are going to whine about every non-call and physical play.
Seems like alot of the Flyers fans were whining about Kosto's love tap on Mr. HappyFace......funny how the Flyers are always front and center with most of the cheapshot/dirty stuff..during the season and now in the playoffs. Guess that is the only way Hatcher can hit anyone is from behind with a crosscheck

Nitehowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2008, 10:10 PM
  #22
Ice Poutine
Photoshop Nut
 
Ice Poutine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: ____
Country: Martinique
Posts: 11,646
vCash: 1000
Quote:
Posted by Steve Downie -

"Its hockey. Cry about it."

"You might as well be Pittsburgh fans if you are going to whine about every non-call and physical play."
Look, either contribute something about hockey or get out.

You are just taunting us and trying to get people mad and that is trolling.

Wisen up kiddo or get your posts reported.

Ice Poutine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2008, 10:10 PM
  #23
Banger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 886
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitehowl View Post
Seems like alot of the Flyers fans were whining about Kosto's love tap on Mr. HappyFace......funny how the Flyers are always front and center with most of the cheapshot/dirty stuff..during the season and now in the playoffs. Guess that is the only way Hatcher can hit anyone is from behind with a crosscheck
you should be happy about that. It allowed the Habs to get back into the game. They were lifeless before that.

Banger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2008, 10:11 PM
  #24
Travis Moen
Registered User
 
Travis Moen's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Montréal
Posts: 1,816
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banger View Post
that's what it takes to win these close games. Gotta be willing to pay the price.
I have no problem paying the price against physical defenders who are actually there to play hockey, but not against dirty thugs.

Travis Moen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2008, 10:12 PM
  #25
Banger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 886
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigcortex View Post
I have no problem paying the price against physical defenders who are actually there to play hockey, but not against dirty thugs.
good, then the Flyers will win.

Banger is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:54 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.