HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

It's not Price, it's that we can't friggin' score

Old
04-28-2008, 09:24 PM
One Trick Pony

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
How can you not say the same for a goalie? There is way more pressure for one than the other 22 dressed!

He feels like the next shot on net can't go in and starts to second guess himself...how you don't think it works the same is mind boggling.
Because there are more games that end 2-0 than 6-0? Why would price second guess himself when it's still 0-0 or 1-0. One missed 5 on 3 doesn't mean he has to give up. He played bad and it's not because we waited 2 periods to score, and I'm sure he'll be the first to admit it.

One Trick Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2008, 09:28 PM

heyhey price isn't god, don,t expect him to be perfect every single game. Price isn't the problem, he is really good, it's because we don't make any goal, and the defense doesn't help strong.

5201314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2008, 09:29 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalery View Post
The team has to score, and Price has to be better, simple as that. Everyone is held accountable.
It's funny how on this board it's either one OR the other. You're absolutely right. I don't get why people can't understand that A TEAM includes the goalie AND the other players.

But the thing is that a fragile team needs their goalie to make clutch and great saves. We don't have a team full of veterans. So a goalie that doesn't keep his team ahead like Price is doing right now is deflating for this young crop.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2008, 09:30 PM
Reuben

if we could screen Biron the way we screen our own goalies that would be great for starters. we got traffic more so in the third and it resulted in a pair of goals. they never seem to be willing/able to do this consistently game in game out all season long unfortunately.

Price needs to do a better job of looking through traffic and his defenceman need to stop backing in so much making themselves good screens.

Reuben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2008, 09:30 PM
Canadian_Brewtality

Price hasnt played well, thats for sure. But those screened shots are hard.

Yes we outshot them, but at least 10-15 were very un-offensive.

Canadian_Brewtality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2008, 09:31 PM
The n00b King ©*

We need to score first in order to win. We had a golden chance on that 5 on 3, so I guess we shouldn't really complain too much.

The n00b King ©* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2008, 09:35 PM
Iyathurai
Still missing Saku:(

Send a message via MSN to Iyathurai
When's Brisebois returning? 0-2 without him

Iyathurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2008, 09:37 PM
flappuck

First goal is a screened shot so Price has no chance...
Second goal is another screened shot that deflects on Komisarek's leg...
Third goal is a good play in which the Flyers capitalize which is something we can't seem to do.

Could Price be better? Of course he could.
Should the rest of the team decide to play playoff hockey from the beginning of the game instead of waiting until there's 10 minutes left? YES!

We've seen Montreal completely dominate the Flyers in the last period of the last two games. If they could only do it for 60 minutes we wouldn't be talking about Price being so-so.

flappuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2008, 09:39 PM
jcpenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_Brewtality View Post
Price hasnt played well, thats for sure. But those screened shots are hard.

Yes we outshot them, but at least 10-15 were very un-offensive.
Yeah but most of their shots were un-offensive too... Its hard for me to get mad at this team for the way theyve played defensively. They didnt give a lot in the 3 games. Its time to have an agressive game plan for game 4. Let the defensmen join the rush.

jcpenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2008, 09:50 PM
Habnot

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOLR View Post
No he didnt.

People really need to smarten up.

You can't always blame the goalies for chronical defensive brain farts.

Goal number 1, both D go in front of the net, perfect shot.

Goal number 2, both D again in front of the net, pucks finds a way, Price reacts to the first deviation, 2nd deviation, bounce, goal.

Goal number 3, Komisarek...not pretty, at all, top corner shot.

The flyers are playing the low-shot count game on purpose, they know that if they peper Price with rubber they will beat him less. It's pretty hard for any goaltender to be perfect on 13-14 shots, when 7-8 of those are good scoring chances. The flyers are getting all the good bounces right now, the players in front of Price need to work harder and smarter. They have to take the lead.
You nailed it.

Habnot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2008, 10:19 PM
MontrealHabs

Cut the crap. Price is not playing well, that's it, and please don't put the blame on other players. I have faith in Price, but in life, you have to be realistic, you can't deny what it is so obvious. Price is lacking consistency right now, and I hope he will get better.

MontrealHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2008, 10:45 PM
Habs_Apostle

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontrealHabs View Post
Cut the crap. Price is not playing well, that's it, and please don't put the blame on other players. I have faith in Price, but in life, you have to be realistic, you can't deny what it is so obvious. Price is lacking consistency right now, and I hope he will get better.
Amen. Take off the rose colored glasses people. Even besides the goals, he did not look confident, fumbling the puck on several occassions.

Habs_Apostle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2008, 10:48 PM
Ice Poutine
Photoshop Nut

vCash: 1000
You mold a player and his future maybe by making him play or not when you are a coach and the situation is dire. Carbo knows that and Price will be in goals.

Ice Poutine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2008, 11:41 PM
Melvin Udall

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalery View Post
The team has to score, and Price has to be better, simple as that. Everyone is held accountable.

Agreed, Price has to play better but the skaters have to bury their scoring chances.

Everyone has to share the responsibility in losing -- as they share the glory when winning!

Melvin Udall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 04:48 AM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

I love Price as much as the next guy (or girl).. but some fans have their heads stuck way too far up his ass.

Yes, we have lacked scoring but that shouldn't change his game at all. He's been pretty horrible this series. He's posting Andre Racicot numbers so far this series.. and our defense hasn't been as bad against Philly as it was against Boston.

We do need to score more (8 goals through 3 games).. but Price needs to be a lot better (10 goals against in not even 3 full games).

One Man Rock Band is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 04:51 AM
Handlanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
I love Price as much as the next guy (or girl).. but some fans have their heads stuck way too far up his ass.

Yes, we have lacked scoring but that shouldn't change his game at all. He's been pretty horrible this series. He's posting Andre Racicot numbers so far this series.. and our defense hasn't been as bad against Philly as it was against Boston.

We do need to score more (8 goals through 3 games).. but Price needs to be a lot better (10 goals against in not even 3 full games).

It's not that we can't score... it's just that freakin' Higgins can't score on open nets!

Handlanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 05:23 AM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

lets stop making excuses for price. He's getting out dualed by biron, plain and simple.

did you see that big save by halak at the start of the 3rd? It gave the habs a chance to win. I'm looking for price to make that big save every now and then the way biron is.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 05:31 AM
wedge

what I don't understand is that the Flyers are not even good. We could beat them easily but the players don't give their 100%, far from it.

When they play 100%, what happens is the 3rd period. We DOMINATE them.

wedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 05:32 AM
wedge

I agree that Price has been horrible in the last few games, but still... he's 20 years old and I expect stuff like that to happen. But if we can't score in the first period, that puts all the pressure on him.

He can handle a lot of pressure, but at 20 years old you can't expect him to handle ALL the pressure.

wedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 05:42 AM
GoodKiwi

Price has sucked as of late. Whoever says otherwise needs his head checked. Last night's game is entirely on him.

GoodKiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 07:15 AM
Netro

Some observations

(1) We are outplaying them but we need a complete 60 minutes of our hockey - don't change a thing, just a more complete effort
(2) Habs are getting no breaks. 5 posts in the last 2 games. 2 posts in the first period last night and a bouncing puck over Higgins stick with an open net. These things will change if the Habs keep plugging away
(3) Score the first goal. Won't win the series if they continue to fall behind 2-0 every game
(4) Capitalize. Yes, Biron has been great but the habs have also missed countless empty nets the last 2 games by shooting wide, hitting the post or shooting directly at Biron.

Last night is a much different game if the Habs capitalize on 2 of the 3 great chances in the first (2 posts, Higgins open net). See, 2 breaks, it would be 2-0 Habs and a different game. But, that is hockey, so the Habs just take the positives and move on to Game 4, a must win game.

I know there is concern about Price but as I posted in another thread, I don't think any of the goals last night were his fault. Yes, Price has not made the big save but still I don't think he can faulted for the goals last night. Goal #1 was through 4 players, Goal #2 hit Komisarek's skate and Goal #3 was a horrible giveaway by Komisarek and terrible defensive zone coverage.

The player that concerns me the most is Komisarek. He is turning the puck over too much and looks slower than usual which me thinks means he is not as close to healed as we'd like to believe.

Netro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 07:25 AM
ThaDevilGirl

One thing: if the d-men don't block shots, at leat GET OUT OF THE WAY!

ThaDevilGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 07:25 AM
Mooch

Send a message via MSN to Mooch
Well, of course if we score on that 5vs3 we could possibly be in better shape. However, playoff goaltending is about keeping your team in the game, even when they are not scoring. Price just simply isn't doing that.

Price is only 20 years old though, and we have to cut him some slack. Had he been a 25+ yer old vet, id be all over him. Hes young, learning, and far from his full potential.

Let's just hope he rebounds, and the players up front start capatalizing.

Mooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 07:28 AM
SuperUnknown

Price has been bad for the whole three games against the Flyers. He's hesitant in net, his positioning is off. He's fighting the puck, fumbles the puck, his play outside of his net is deficient and he seems to fall asleep sometimes. He doesn't seem to have any confidence at all.

SuperUnknown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 07:35 AM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkside Cowboy View Post
Price has been bad for the whole three games against the Flyers. He's hesitant in net, his positioning is off. He's fighting the puck, fumbles the puck, his play outside of his net is deficient and he seems to fall asleep sometimes. He doesn't seem to have any confidence at all.
Did anybody else see him during the pre-game on RDS while he was sitting in the dressing room playing with hands? I could tell at that point he was being bothered by *something* and that a shaky game was coming up..

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote