HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Dirty, Dirty, Dirty, Dirty

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-29-2008, 12:15 AM
  #51
Nitehowl
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: BC Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 920
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury View Post
The Jones hit on Bergeron was clean, he turned at the last minute. And your team scored NO goals at even strength tonight. If anything, you should WANT the Flyers to goon it up. Or perhaps it's fear setting in because your precious #1 Habs aren't coasting their way through the East? If either team plays at their current level against the Pens, they're out in 4 or 5. The Habs have played like crap for most of the series and the Flyers haven't been that much better. You may want to consider that the Flyers are lot better than you had imagined.
No one said it was gonna be a cakewalk. No one said the Flyers were bad.(at least not the knowledgeable ones)The intelligent fans realize both these teams missed the playoffs last year and both have made huge improvements from last season. The experience gained by both teams advancing to round 2 will only help for many years. One team will advance to round 3 and one will be dissapointed but realize they have made huge strides to become a top team for many years. With the Salary Cap the league is very even which is why so many new teams make it to the finals lately(since the lockout) YOu have a good team with some good youngsters coming up , just like us

Nitehowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 12:16 AM
  #52
HF-Addict
Registered User
 
HF-Addict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,765
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury View Post
The Jones hit on Bergeron was clean, he turned at the last minute. And your team scored NO goals at even strength tonight. If anything, you should WANT the Flyers to goon it up. Or perhaps it's fear setting in because your precious #1 Habs aren't coasting their way through the East? If either team plays at their current level against the Pens, they're out in 4 or 5. The Habs have played like crap for most of the series and the Flyers haven't been that much better. You may want to consider that the Flyers are lot better than you had imagined.
Agree with the whole post. Both teams play like crap and neither of us will go past the 3rd round if they don't step up their play.

HF-Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 12:18 AM
  #53
KenAF
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Washington, DC
Country: United States
Posts: 1,421
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitehowl View Post
Maybe it is good that all those lucky goals have gone to the Flyers so far otherwise we would never hear the end of it from fans saying the league is fixing everything for the Habs... Habs have not played like they did during the regular season but for Flyer fans to think they are dominating this series...well take off those orange colored glasses. You lead in goaltending, gooning and most importantly the scoreboard but not much else.
All that matters is the final score.

As far as "lucky" goals, the Flyers create their own luck with traffic in front of the net. That traffic directly results in goals off screens, deflections, and redirections. That's how they beat Washington last series and they are beating Montreal the same way. Washington couldn't move the the Flyers off Huet and Montreal seems to have the same problem.

Montreal needs to eliminate the screens on Price and create their own traffic in front of Biron. So long as Montreal keeps shooting these low to glove-height wristers and slapshots -- which Biron has now stopped in 10 straight playoff games --- they are going to lose. If they want to have any shot at winning, they need to shoot hard top-shelf and they need to continue what they did during the third-period power play, i.e. generate traffic and crash the net.

KenAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 12:19 AM
  #54
Adam91
Registered User
 
Adam91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Victoria, B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,743
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Hate View Post
Hahahaha ok I've seen a lot of crazy **** around here, but that pretty much wins it. Kukkonen? Lasse Kukkonen?
How not?

Anyone that spears another player is instantly a top 3 dirtiest player on their team, he face washes, cheapshots non stop and then has the little Finnish grin on his face acting like hes an angel

Adam91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 12:20 AM
  #55
no1b4me
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 240
vCash: 500
Hmmm, Had Downie done the "facewash" as someone called it I think 99% of the Habs fans on this board would have asked for a suspension and you guys know it.

How come no one has commented on one of the Kystitson(spelling) brothers kicking Kimmo while he was laying on the ice? Not dirty enough for you?
This game was the most lopsided games in the habs benifit I have seen in ages. It was handed to the Habs.

no1b4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 12:23 AM
  #56
HF-Addict
Registered User
 
HF-Addict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,765
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcticFlyerFan View Post
This game was the most lopsided games in the habs benifit I have seen in ages. It was handed to the Habs.
I don't think any of the Flyers penalties were unjustified though. Would you disagree with that?

HF-Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 12:24 AM
  #57
mja
Negative Creep
 
mja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 3,184
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam91 View Post
How not?

Anyone that spears another player is instantly a top 3 dirtiest player on their team, he face washes, cheapshots non stop and then has the little Finnish grin on his face acting like hes an angel
Dude, you're talking about Lasse freaking Kukkonen.

He makes Briere look like Hatcher.

He may have gotten a bit on the chippy side this game, but good for him.

It is nowhere near his usual game, though, and to try to call him a top 3 dirtiest on the team is just plain wrong.

mja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 12:24 AM
  #58
KenAF
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Washington, DC
Country: United States
Posts: 1,421
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HF-Addict View Post
I don't think any of the Flyers penalties were unjustified though. Would you disagree with that?
I would. I did not think the boarding call deserved a major.

I felt it they should have called it a minor (or double minor at worst), since the referees had ignored boarding penalties against both teams in the second period. I don't see how you can ignore that offense for a full period and then give one team a five minute power play for the same thing, albeit with a harder hit.


Last edited by KenAF: 04-29-2008 at 12:31 AM.
KenAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 12:26 AM
  #59
no1b4me
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 240
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HF-Addict View Post
I don't think any of the Flyers penalties were unjustified though. Would you disagree with that?
Not really, the call on downie giving the 5-3 in the 1st was abit weak.
The Hatcher call I think would have been double minor keeping in mind Pronger does that same hit about 5 times a game.

no1b4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 12:27 AM
  #60
Adam91
Registered User
 
Adam91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Victoria, B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,743
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mja View Post
Dude, you're talking about Lasse freaking Kukkonen.

He makes Briere look like Hatcher.

He may have gotten a bit on the chippy side this game, but good for him.

It is nowhere near his usual game, though, and to try to call him a top 3 dirtiest on the team is just plain wrong.
Man Im telling you, watch how much he gets away with, he must be drinking Steven's koolaide because he's acting like hes the Hulk or something..

Adam91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 12:27 AM
  #61
Nitehowl
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: BC Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 920
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenAF View Post
All that matters is the final score.

As far as "lucky" goals, the Flyers create their own luck with traffic in front of the net. That traffic directly results in goals off screens, deflections, and redirections. That's how they beat Washington last series and they are beating Montreal the same way. Washington couldn't move the the Flyers off Huet and Montreal seems to have the same problem.

Montreal needs to eliminate the screens on Price and create their own traffic in front of Biron. So long as Montreal keeps shooting these low to glove-height wristers and slapshots -- which Biron has now stopped in 10 playoff games --- they are going to lose. They need to continue what they did during the third-period power play, i.e. generate traffic and crash the net.
two of the goals were shots from the wing that deflected of a dmans stick, one bounced off a leg at the side of the net , one was wacked outta the goalies glove(something you might see once a year type goal). Yes some of your good goals were from traffic etc around the net but you must admit you have had alot of lucky fluky goals so far in the series.
I believe in game 2 the good scoring chances were 20-9 for the Habs and haven't heard yet about game 3 but at some point those good chances will turn into goals.

Nitehowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 12:30 AM
  #62
no1b4me
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 240
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitehowl View Post
two of the goals were shots from the wing that deflected of a dmans stick, one bounced off a leg at the side of the net , one was wacked outta the goalies glove(something you might see once a year type goal). Yes some of your good goals were from traffic etc around the net but you must admit you have had alot of lucky fluky goals so far in the series.
I believe in game 2 the good scoring chances were 20-9 for the Habs and haven't heard yet about game 3 but at some point those good chances will turn into goals.
Lucky some yes. My daddy always said throw pucks at the net and good things can happen. If you look at goals in general over the season you could say very many of them are "lucky" by bouncing off d-men etc. They all count and there no reason to discount them.

no1b4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 12:31 AM
  #63
Gret99zky
Worst Thread Ever
 
Gret99zky's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Gamma Quadrant
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,778
vCash: 2738
Here's to defeating the Flukers and the Refs in 6 games.

Let's get it done!!

Go Go

Gret99zky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 12:31 AM
  #64
Adam91
Registered User
 
Adam91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Victoria, B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,743
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcticFlyerFan View Post
Hmmm, Had Downie done the "facewash" as someone called it I think 99% of the Habs fans on this board would have asked for a suspension and you guys know it.

How come no one has commented on one of the Kystitson(spelling) brothers kicking Kimmo while he was laying on the ice? Not dirty enough for you?
This game was the most lopsided games in the habs benifit I have seen in ages. It was handed to the Habs.
I think it was a cross check not a kick, but it was dirty either way.


But look around the league; once you get a repuatation carved out as a certain type of player you be rewarded / undeserving of certain calls, you think a ref will call the same penalty of Joe Sakic that he'll call on Steve Downie or Jordin Tootoo or Derek Roy?

Downie could have possibly been suspended for that face wash in that situation, not that Im saying he should have, infact if he had done it, most likely, nothing would have happened. But thats you get for running around and playing the type of game he does. You can't have it both ways.

Kostitsyn is not a dirty player, can I say the same thing about Downie? you decide.

Adam91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 12:32 AM
  #65
HF-Addict
Registered User
 
HF-Addict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,765
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenAF View Post
I would. I did not think the boarding call deserved a major.

I felt it they should have called it a minor (or double minor at worst), since the referees had ignored boarding penalties against both teams in the second period. I don't see how you can ignore the that offense for a full period and then give one team a five minute power play for the same thing, albeit with a harder hit.
I haven't seen any boarding hit of that level in the game. Bouillon was bloodied after this. But anyway, 4 min or 5 min, it was worth it. Refs might have missed some (I know the Habs got away with some, I remember one play I believe in the first on Kapanen when the habs could have gotten two penalties on his shift), but overall what they snap was correct.

HF-Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 12:32 AM
  #66
no1b4me
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 240
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gret99zky View Post
Here's to defeating the Flukers and the Refs in 6 games.

Let's get it done!!

Go Go

The refs? Are you kidding me? Look at the power plays the Habs had compared to the Flyers.

no1b4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 12:32 AM
  #67
Nitehowl
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: BC Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 920
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenAF View Post
I would. I did not think the boarding call deserved a major.

I felt it they should have called it a minor (or double minor at worst), since the referees had ignored boarding penalties against both teams in the second period. I don't see how you can ignore the that offense for a full period and then give one team a five minute power play for the same thing, albeit with a harder hit.
You really need to go to hockey reffing school and learn. That was a vicious and very unnecessary(stupid with your team up 3-0) cheapshot. Flyers never seem to learn from all the suspensions they get.

Nitehowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 12:34 AM
  #68
Adam91
Registered User
 
Adam91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Victoria, B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,743
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenAF View Post
I would. I did not think the boarding call deserved a major.

I felt it they should have called it a minor (or double minor at worst), since the referees had ignored boarding penalties against both teams in the second period. I don't see how you can ignore that offense for a full period and then give one team a five minute power play for the same thing, albeit with a harder hit.
Blood = automatic 4 minutes

Adam91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 12:39 AM
  #69
no1b4me
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 240
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam91 View Post
I think it was a cross check not a kick, but it was dirty either way.


But look around the league; once you get a repuatation carved out as a certain type of player you be rewarded / undeserving of certain calls, you think a ref will call the same penalty of Joe Sakic that he'll call on Steve Downie or Jordin Tootoo or Derek Roy?

Downie could have possibly been suspended for that face wash in that situation, not that Im saying he should have, infact if he had done it, most likely, nothing would have happened. But thats you get for running around and playing the type of game he does. You can't have it both ways.

Kostitsyn is not a dirty player, can I say the same thing about Downie? you decide.
You missed it then. "after" the hit when Kimmo was on laying on the ice he kicked him right in the back plain as day on cbc.

Thats the problem with reffing in general in the nhl. They put the whistle away, they take it out, etc. They make different calls on different players even if it's the exact same hit, cross-check or what have you. It's shouldn't matter if it's Sakic or Downie.

no1b4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 12:41 AM
  #70
no1b4me
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 240
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitehowl View Post
You really need to go to hockey reffing school and learn. That was a vicious and very unnecessary(stupid with your team up 3-0) cheapshot. Flyers never seem to learn from all the suspensions they get.
It was selfish at the time for sure. But like I said before Pronger does that hit alot too. The problem with Hatcher and Pronger is they are both very tall so those hit's look huge.

no1b4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 12:45 AM
  #71
Adam91
Registered User
 
Adam91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Victoria, B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,743
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcticFlyerFan View Post
You missed it then. "after" the hit when Kimmo was on laying on the ice he kicked him right in the back plain as day on cbc.

Thats the problem with reffing in general in the nhl. They put the whistle away, they take it out, etc. They make different calls on different players even if it's the exact same hit, cross-check or what have you. It's shouldn't matter if it's Sakic or Downie.
Sorry I might have not read what you wrote properly, I thought were talking about Andrei Kostitsyn's crosscheck today, Im not sure if it was on Timmonen but it was to a Flyer who was down on the ice and it was dirty, worthy of a two minute penalty.

I never noticed that Kostopoulous allegedly kicked Timmonen after the shove

Adam91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 12:47 AM
  #72
Go Habs Go
Registered User
 
Go Habs Go's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Mississauga
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,447
vCash: 500
I think its funny that Flyers fans reaction is generally : "Its playoff hockey, thats how it is". Against the Flyers its pretty much like this during the playoffs, during the regular season, exhibition games... and for the last 40 years.

I hate the Leafs, the Bruins, the Nordiques but at least I've always respected them. They play with pride and with respect which creates a great rivalry. The Flyers don't even deserve to be anyone's rival. Cheap shots happen here and there but never on a consistent basis like the Flyers. This is the pros, not a beer league ...

When Richards tried to punch Halak in the face, that was the one of the most disgraceful thing i've seen this playoffs. You expect that kind of thing from a guy like Downie, not a talented player like Richards. Its like when Crosby dives and whines.. You 're too damn good, why must you sink that low? Are you that afraid of losing that you have to resort to blatant cheap shots?

Being a bully isn't courageous. The school yard bully is generally the biggest coward of them all which is why he is the way he is.

Go Habs Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 12:50 AM
  #73
Nitehowl
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: BC Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 920
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcticFlyerFan View Post
You missed it then. "after" the hit when Kimmo was on laying on the ice he kicked him right in the back plain as day on cbc.

Thats the problem with reffing in general in the nhl. They put the whistle away, they take it out, etc. They make different calls on different players even if it's the exact same hit, cross-check or what have you. It's shouldn't matter if it's Sakic or Downie.
I seen him trying to get his feet free from the Flyer holding him but he could have made a kicking motion while he was trying to get loose. I am not a looking thru orange colored glasses like one of the posters who sees nothing wrong with the Hatcher hit.

In years past we have had players that have crossed the line ( Lemieux/Chelios) but have never had a dirty reputation like the Flyers carry. No team in the NHL is as dirty with cheapshots as Philly.Teams like Boston / Anaheim /NJ have played tough hockey all the time . I guess as long as Clarke/Holmgren run that team they will always carry a couple goons and play dirty.

Nitehowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 01:04 AM
  #74
Nitehowl
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: BC Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 920
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcticFlyerFan View Post
It was selfish at the time for sure. But like I said before Pronger does that hit alot too. The problem with Hatcher and Pronger is they are both very tall so those hit's look huge.
Even Don Cherry said he used to tell his team never to make big hits when your team is up 3-0. Habs were close to scoring 3 PP goals there. Imagine how stupid it would look if the Habs tied it and went on to win the game . Could have turned the momentum and cost you the series all cause of a bonehead play by Hatcher. Pronger should be a Flyer... he plays on the edge with cheap shots. Those guys really deserve a Lucic left right combo. I am a fan of Lucic having watched him in the WHL. One great fighter and player that kid is.

As this series seems to be speed versus thugs , if Flyers win the series it could lead to all teams bringing back a goon to fight. It took many years of clean hockey to get rid of most of the goons but looks like Philly wants to bring em all back.

Nitehowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 01:09 AM
  #75
no1b4me
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 240
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitehowl View Post
I seen him trying to get his feet free from the Flyer holding him but he could have made a kicking motion while he was trying to get loose. I am not a looking thru orange colored glasses like one of the posters who sees nothing wrong with the Hatcher hit.

In years past we have had players that have crossed the line ( Lemieux/Chelios) but have never had a dirty reputation like the Flyers carry. No team in the NHL is as dirty with cheapshots as Philly.Teams like Boston / Anaheim /NJ have played tough hockey all the time . I guess as long as Clarke/Holmgren run that team they will always carry a couple goons and play dirty.
Umm, nice try. He was already a about a foot away from kimmo there was nothing to get away from.
I hope your not taking about me when you say "one of the posters who sees nothing wrong with the Hatcher hit". I never said that, I penalty was deserved. I sipmly stated of another player that does the same hit all the time. I'm sure you would think he is dirty too since he's not a Hab.
The Flyers have always played tough hockey not euro skate around the ice figure skating style.
And don't know how old you are but I have been watching hockey since the 60's and the Habs weren't angels either.

no1b4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:25 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.