HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GAME TAKES: Flyers 3, Habs 2: cut-and-paste of game two.

Old
04-28-2008, 09:42 PM
CBBRH

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to CBBRH
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
Habs will win the next game, they are so due.

Then it will turn into a best of three, with two home games.
Quoted for the truth. I am very, very confident about our chances in the next game. We will shift the series to Montreal tied!

CBBRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2008, 09:51 PM
sheed36

The Habs have outshot the Flyers 72-37 in the last 2 games and have lost both....The Flyers have horseshoes up their butts......Lets hope their luck runs out really soon.....

sheed36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2008, 09:52 PM
Nitehowl

Lats

I thought Lats played a good game. He crunched someone in the corner and went to the net on the 1st goal so both Flyer dmen had to go to him freeing up the puck for Pleks
Gorges was solid but I thought Kostys were invisible,Kovalev and Markov are so predictable

What I don't like is all our Russians have dissapeared while Flyers are being led in the heart department by Richards/Carter/Umberger/Biron/coburn...not a Euro among them.
THis has been my arguement for the upcoming draft...we have enough skilled Euro's we need to draft some more physical North Americans...forget the Tenenbys and Stefanovich's and draft the Deschamps/ Beaches

Nitehowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2008, 09:53 PM
Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricolore#20 View Post
Koivu was absolutely brilliant in the third period. If only he can organize the team to come out stronger at the start of the game. We have started so poorly in each game, against a team that we should be beating.

Kovalev has been awful IMO. PJ Stock's example during the second intermission of Kovalev coasting was accurate. He didn't seem to have the urgency that this team needed. Even after the Canadiens made it close, I thought Kovalev would have stepped up his game, but he was so passive that it was tough to watch.
Agree!

Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2008, 09:53 PM
BadHabit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitehowl View Post
I thought Lats played a good game. He crunched someone in the corner and went to the net on the 1st goal so both Flyer dmen had to go to him freeing up the puck for Pleks
Who?

BadHabit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2008, 09:57 PM
Dogbert*

Send a message via MSN to Dogbert*
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
The Habs have outshot the Flyers 72-37 in the last 2 games and have lost both....The Flyers have horseshoes up their butts......Lets hope their luck runs out really soon.....
Shots don't mean anything. The Habs no-showed tonight's game until Hatcher did something stupid and handed them the momentum: before that, the Flyers were in complete control of this one.

The state of this series has nothing to do with luck, and everything to do with the fact that Philly has been playing for 60 minutes and Montreal hasn't. You have to work hard for the entire game against this team, or else they're going to beat you.

Dogbert* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2008, 09:59 PM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

Quote:
Every chance the Flyers have had in the series they score ,,,most on lucky bounces or off sticks

Habs have hit at least 7 goal posts and Biron had to stand on his head to stop x number of sure goals.

Habs have outhit/outskated/outchanced/won most faceoffs/
Flyers won the goalie battle and won the goon show
and the games too...

ChemiseBleuHonnete is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2008, 10:01 PM
Nitehowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadHabit View Post
Who?
watch the game ..he used his size which is more than what Streit and the Kostys have

Old
04-28-2008, 10:02 PM
Nitehowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchise player View Post
and the games too...
Ya sorry forget that

Old
04-28-2008, 10:03 PM
buddahsmoka1

When it is all said and done. Gorges has been our best player, props to him, not props to the others.

buddahsmoka1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2008, 10:06 PM
Judge Sauer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
When it is all said and done. Gorges has been our best player, props to him, not props to the others.
**** that, props to them all. If not for them, this post would be about trying to get Brad Richards on the team.

Judge Sauer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2008, 10:06 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogbert View Post
Shots don't mean anything. The Habs no-showed tonight's game until Hatcher did something stupid and handed them the momentum: before that, the Flyers were in complete control of this one.

The state of this series has nothing to do with luck, and everything to do with the fact that Philly has been playing for 60 minutes and Montreal hasn't. You have to work hard for the entire game against this team, or else they're going to beat you.
We did outplay them for most of the game... How many posts/crossbars when the game was 0-0.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2008, 10:18 PM
Adam91

- Biron isn't that good! the Habs are making him look better then he is, theres a reason he has been a backup all his career

- Even with all the penalties they had, Philly had 4-5 more legit penalties that went uncalled, including cross checks on Koviu on Kosto

- Keep Price in!

- Kovy didn't play that good, but he missed tieing the game by an INCH, if he scored everyone would still be on the bandwagon, its crazy how the bandwagon goes from the entire board on some nights to me, theDamned and a few others on other nights

Adam91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2008, 10:22 PM
Ross MacLochness

The tide will turn in our favour. It just has to. There have been way too many glorious chances missed that would have gone in against Boston.

If it doesn't, the Rangers or Pittsburgh will have an easy 4 game series on the way to the Finals.

Ross MacLochness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2008, 10:22 PM
Galchenyuk x 27

vCash: 3907
Still a grand total of 0:00 with the lead.

its sad

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2008, 10:23 PM
Natural Habs Fan

Does anyone else think that Ryder would excel in this series? Higgins-Koivu-Ryder?

Price will be back in net for a must win game 4. Habs need to bury their chances.

Natural Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2008, 10:29 PM
Mathletic

I can't believe that people still make excuses for the Canadiens, they played like crap. Flyers are alright, nothing special and the Canadiens can't beat that team. I agree the Habs hit some posts and all you want but for christ's sake, this shouldn't even be a series.

Mathletic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2008, 10:43 PM
Natural Habs Fan

On a ligher note... did anyone catch Bob Cole talking about Price and Halak right before one of the commercial break?

He said something along the lines of "Price is on the bench and Halak has thoughts"

I got a little chuckle out of that... thanks Bob!

Natural Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2008, 11:45 PM
madbox

Really wouldn't mind playing with a lead, I mean at some point perhaps.... yeah.

They realized too late the benefits of actual bodies hanging around Biron for rebounds but we're on the right path here. I liked what Gui brought.

I flove my Captain.

madbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2008, 11:56 PM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogbert View Post

VAN-HAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 12:27 AM
Mathletic

Quote:
Originally Posted by madbox View Post
Really wouldn't mind playing with a lead, I mean at some point perhaps.... yeah.

They realized too late the benefits of actual bodies hanging around Biron for rebounds but we're on the right path here. I liked what Gui brought.

I flove my Captain.
Saku is the only one showing the way is noone is ****ing following. I'm all for the skills on the perimeters and all you want. But crash the ****ing net once in a while ! Saku is the only one who does on the 1st 2 lines along with Kostopoulos. Where the **** is Chris Higgins during the games ? He has all the answers in the world after games but whenever it's time to score go out in front of the net he's nowhere to be seen.

Where the **** is Andrei Markov ! ... let's have Jim Mora here, Ppppllayyoffsss ! Yeah, Playofs Markov, it has started. You're skating around like it's a fukcing figure skating competition out there. Komisarek ! What are you doing ! A headless chicken has a better gameplan than you do. For christ's sake, it would be nice if you helped out a bit defensively.

Kostitsin brothers, what the hell are you doing defensively ? The pads on your shoulders are meant to be used whenever you need them. It doesn't take a lot of skills to move R ****ing J Umberber in front of the net.

Last edited by Mathletic: 04-29-2008 at 12:37 AM.
Old
04-29-2008, 12:33 AM
Slick Nick

Quote:
Gorges was solid but I thought Kostys were invisible,Kovalev and Markov are so predictable

What I don't like is all our Russians have dissapeared while Flyers are being led in the heart department by Richards/Carter/Umberger/Biron/coburn...not a Euro among them.
THis has been my arguement for the upcoming draft...we have enough skilled Euro's we need to draft some more physical North Americans...forget the Tenenbys and Stefanovich's and draft the Deschamps/ Beaches
Higgins, Komisarek and Price are sooo russian.

Slick Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 12:34 AM
Slick Nick

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSU Seminoles View Post
Saku is the only one showing the way is noone is ****ing following. I'm all for the skills on the perimeters and all you want. But crash the ****ing net once in a while ! Saku is the only one who does on the 1st 2 lines along with Kostopoulos. Where the **** is Chris Higgins during the games ? He has all the answers in the world after games but whenever it's time to score go out in front of the net he's nowhere to be seen.

Where the **** is Andrei Markov ! ... let's have Jim Mora here, Ppppllayyoffsss ! Yeah, Playofs Markov, it has started. You're skating around like it's a fukcing ice skating competition out there. Komisarek ! What are you doing ! A headless chicken has a better gameplan than you do. For christ's sake, it would be nice if you helped out a bit defensively.

Kostitsin brothers, what the hell are you doing defensively ? The pads on your shoulders are meant to be used whenever you need them. It doesn't take a lot of skills to move R ****ing J Umberber in front of the net.
You need to start watching the games...

seriously, Markov was our best D tonight.

Slick Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 12:39 AM
Mathletic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick Nick View Post
You need to start watching the games...

seriously, Markov was our best D tonight.
because he hit 1 post ?

Old
04-29-2008, 12:42 AM
Rayne*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania View Post
We did outplay them for most of the game... How many posts/crossbars when the game was 0-0.
In this series? I counted about 7.

Rayne* is offline   Reply With Quote