HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

We are dominating them, luck is bound to change

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-29-2008, 07:37 AM
  #1
HH
GO HABS GO!
 
HH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,274
vCash: 500
We are dominating them, luck is bound to change

We are only down 1-2...Colorado and San Jose came back from being down 1-2 to win their series in the first round. We can't stop ****ing believing because every time we think this team is down they come out and win the game by a blowout and especially we have totally dominated those pansies in the last 2 games and at some point the lucky will turn around and the post we were hitting will go in the net and the open net misses will go in as well.

GO HABS GO!!!!!

HH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 07:42 AM
  #2
TroyM
Registered User
 
TroyM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,975
vCash: 500
I'm with ya man, especially if we win tomorrow its ours. We have been playing so well, Biron is the only reason we are not up 2-1 or 3-0. We just need to put a crack in him and then the floodgates will open up. I believe we'll win tomorrow, go home 2-2 and take the game there, probably going on to a 7-game victory, again!

Go Habs Go! :Bow:

Can't wait for the game tomorrow, revenge will be sweet.

TroyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 07:43 AM
  #3
ThaDevilGirl
Registered User
 
ThaDevilGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: YFC/YUL
Country: Portugal
Posts: 9,953
vCash: 500
Harry, don't watch the game tomorrow.

ThaDevilGirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 07:43 AM
  #4
JGRB
#EllerThugLife
 
JGRB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,648
vCash: 500
As long as our luck turns around, this series is ours baby!

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 07:44 AM
  #5
HH
GO HABS GO!
 
HH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,274
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Komisarek_freak View Post
Harry, don't watch the game tomorrow.
Will be hard to as I'm going to the game in Philadelphia...

HH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 07:45 AM
  #6
JGRB
#EllerThugLife
 
JGRB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,648
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryI View Post
Will be hard to as I'm going to the game in Philadelphia...
Hope your not a woman with a child, you might get roughed up.

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 07:47 AM
  #7
Agalloch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Lachute, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,704
vCash: 500
We will win the next three !!

Agalloch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 07:47 AM
  #8
7th Player
Registered User
 
7th Player's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,959
vCash: 500
I agree, up to now, the FLYERS have been very very lucky.
But we also have to play better

The obvious: Price needs to shut the door. For God sakes, he's being outplayed by BIRON of all goalies, a 1B at best

Kovy needs to step up as do Higgins, Kostitsyns, Markov & Komi
I think we need Ryder + Ugly Tie

Higgins - Koivu - Kovy
A Kost - Plecks - Ryder
Begin - Smoke - Kosto
Tender - Lapierre - S Kost

Marks - Komi
Hammer - Streit
Bouillon - Gorges

Price

7th Player is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 07:50 AM
  #9
ThaDevilGirl
Registered User
 
ThaDevilGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: YFC/YUL
Country: Portugal
Posts: 9,953
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryI View Post
Will be hard to as I'm going to the game in Philadelphia...

We're doomed.

At least, don't wear a Habs sweater, unless you put yourself on 100 pounds of muscle overnight.

ThaDevilGirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 07:55 AM
  #10
zzoo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Country: Vietnam
Posts: 2,141
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASSAF HABS AWISS View Post

Higgins - Koivu - Kovy
A Kost - Plecks - Ryder
Begin - Smoke - Kosto
Tender - Lapierre - S Kost

Marks - Komi
Hammer - Streit
Bouillon - Gorges

Price
I really like your line, especially the kid line: Tender - Lapierre - Kost.

zzoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 07:55 AM
  #11
HH
GO HABS GO!
 
HH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,274
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Komisarek_freak View Post
We're doomed.

At least, don't wear a Habs sweater, unless you put yourself on 100 pounds of muscle overnight.
Oh I know...but we will cheer for Habs goal, impossible not to cheer for them.

HH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 07:58 AM
  #12
Brownies
Registered User
 
Brownies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Writing an Haiku or watching an habs game
Posts: 2,925
vCash: 500
Halak please


Edit : I know it won't happen

Brownies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 08:02 AM
  #13
Ice Poutine
Photoshop Nut
 
Ice Poutine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: ____
Country: Martinique
Posts: 11,645
vCash: 1000
"We are dominating them, luck is bound to change"

Well, as it is, it cant go worse so yeah: i'm pretty sure things can only get better.

Ice Poutine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 08:05 AM
  #14
Nakamura
私はクソの葉を憎む
 
Nakamura's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: Japan
Posts: 1,098
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASSAF HABS AWISS View Post
I agree, up to now, the FLYERS have been very very lucky.
But we also have to play better

The obvious: Price needs to shut the door. For God sakes, he's being outplayed by BIRON of all goalies, a 1B at best

Kovy needs to step up as do Higgins, Kostitsyns, Markov & Komi
I think we need Ryder + Ugly Tie

Higgins - Koivu - Kovy
A Kost - Plecks - Ryder
Begin - Smoke - Kosto
Tender - Lapierre - S Kost

Marks - Komi
Hammer - Streit
Bouillon - Gorges

Price
The only problem is Sergei is 2nd in points after Kovy.. should be playin' on the first two lines.. even though numbering the lines doesn't mean **** anyway.

The line combinations aren't the problem, we need to get into Biron's head and destroy his confidence.

Nakamura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 08:06 AM
  #15
Bullsmith
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 4,125
vCash: 500
Lord knows we are due for some bounces to go our way. My only fear is that eventually Philly might actually show up and outplay us, and we don't have many games left to give.

But the simple fact is the Habs have been ridiculously dominant the last two games. 14 shots is pathetic nomatter how you look at it.

Bullsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 08:10 AM
  #16
Judge Sauer*
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Nunavut
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,989
vCash: 500
A team can be lucky for so long, it's been two games already (3 out of 4 for the Flyers). I don't know which Leprechaun they beat down with a horseshoe for it's four leaf Clover, but it's all going to change.

Judge Sauer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 08:12 AM
  #17
ToysInTheAttic
Registered User
 
ToysInTheAttic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Saint John, NB
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,852
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullsmith View Post
Lord knows we are due for some bounces to go our way. My only fear is that eventually Philly might actually show up and outplay us, and we don't have many games left to give.

But the simple fact is the Habs have been ridiculously dominant the last two games. 14 shots is pathetic nomatter how you look at it.
Mike Richards would tend to agree-

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/hnic...als_man_f.html

Quote:
“I think we’re doing some good things, but we can be better,” said centre Mike Richards, who scored a shorthanded goal in an extreme case of generosity by Canadiens goalie Carey Price. “We’re still not hitting that gear we had against Washington or coming down the stretch, I don’t know what it is. Give Montreal credit, they’re playing really well. Their defence moves the puck extremely well. I think we have to be better to continue having success in this series.”

ToysInTheAttic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 08:13 AM
  #18
7th Player
Registered User
 
7th Player's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,959
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Sweets View Post
The only problem is Sergei is 2nd in points after Kovy.. should be playin' on the first two lines.. even though numbering the lines doesn't mean **** anyway.

The line combinations aren't the problem, we need to get into Biron's head and destroy his confidence.
I agree, the line combinations arent the problem but if we can somehow create more offensive lines to add more quality scoring chances, then we'll get to Biron's head.

7th Player is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 08:13 AM
  #19
otto bond
Registered User
 
otto bond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,853
vCash: 500
We outplayed them despite some of our top players holding their stick between their legs.(Higgins!)

otto bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 08:20 AM
  #20
habfan4
Registered User
 
habfan4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Deus Amat Pretzel
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,424
vCash: 500
Luck has nothing to do with it.

Our "snipers" need to bear down on their chances, no more missed breakaways and open nets.

Markov has got to raise his game. Injured or not, he simply hasn't been good enough, particularly on the powerplay.

The Habs need to get Traffic, traffic and more traffic in front of Biron. They also need to stop showing him so much respect. If the Flyers are getting in Price's face, running into him after the whistle (or slew footing him in the case of Downie) then the Habs have to repay that in spades. On too many occassions in the past couple of games a Canadien forward that was driving the net let up.

habfan4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 08:23 AM
  #21
OneSharpMarble
Registered User
 
OneSharpMarble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,221
vCash: 500
The better team is playing better but not getting the bouces or are trying to be too fancy. Once we get things rolling this miserable bunch of cowards and pitiful fan base will be relegated right back into the gutter where they belong.

They barely got by Washington and now with the help of alot of fluke goals, our gutless play and a pile of cheapshots they have the series lead. It would be a real shame to lose to this team that we know we can beat 9 times out of 10. Pittsburg would be a much better team to lose to.

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 08:27 AM
  #22
1865
Registered User
 
1865's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Chester, UK
Country: England
Posts: 9,185
vCash: 50
I am NOT here to troll, let's get that clear.

I don't see how luck comes into it though. Hitting the bar and the post is just off target. You've had more than a few questionable calls (to say the least) and we're not playing all that badly. Majority of your shots last night came on your 8 powerplays.

Maybe Price will click, maybe Biron will go cold. Maybe we'll stop taking our chances and some of your forwards will. They're all maybes however, and definite attributes of the team, nothing to do with luck.

1865 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 08:30 AM
  #23
Mue
Registered User
 
Mue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 2,966
vCash: 500
Not to be overly negative or anything, but, Boston, IMO, dominated the Habs in most of round one and they still lost.

In the playoffs a win is a win and a loss is a loss…

Mue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 08:30 AM
  #24
OneSharpMarble
Registered User
 
OneSharpMarble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,221
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon View Post
I am NOT here to troll, let's get that clear.

I don't see how luck comes into it though. Hitting the bar and the post is just off target. You've had more than a few questionable calls (to say the least) and we're not playing all that badly. Majority of your shots last night came on your 8 powerplays.

Maybe Price will click, maybe Biron will go cold. Maybe we'll stop taking our chances and some of your forwards will. They're all maybes however, and definite attributes of the team, nothing to do with luck.
Luck is Price not playing well and allowing your team to even be in this series. You better pray Halak doesn't play well or its game over for you and your 14 shots on goal. What a joke.

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 08:30 AM
  #25
The n00b King
Kingin' since 2003
 
The n00b King's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,735
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habfan4 View Post
Luck has nothing to do with it.

Our "snipers" need to bear down on their chances, no more missed breakaways and open nets.

Markov has got to raise his game. Injured or not, he simply hasn't been good enough, particularly on the powerplay.

The Habs need to get Traffic, traffic and more traffic in front of Biron. They also need to stop showing him so much respect. If the Flyers are getting in Price's face, running into him after the whistle (or slew footing him in the case of Downie) then the Habs have to repay that in spades. On too many occassions in the past couple of games a Canadien forward that was driving the net let up.
i agree.

i was yelling at the tv yesterday because the only habs player going to the net were Koivu and the Lapierre line. I dont get what's with the rest of the pansies.

Go to the net and you will score. As simple as that.

The n00b King is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:32 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.