HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Pleks on Umburger

Old
04-29-2008, 01:51 AM
Adam91

vCash: 500
Pleks on Umburger

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE CLEAR THIS UP FOR ME, I honestly have NO idea what happened there, from what I could see just appear like Pleks either completly missed him or barely touched him... but I couldn't find a good angle, I didn't see any blood, but Umburger was kicking his foot into the ice in disgust

Adam91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 01:59 AM
Clumsyhab

Umberger must pay the price. He's the Flyer I hate the most more than Downie, Hartnell, Upshall, Brière, etc. This guy is the definition of ****ing arrogant.

I like this clip so much

I hope Komi can hit him with a check like that and then O'byrne give him a "Hulk Hogan" legdrop while he's down on the ice.

Last edited by Beakermania*: 04-29-2008 at 03:22 AM.
Clumsyhab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 02:11 AM
tinyzombies

I think Plekanec went for the knee myself, but would like to see the replay again. I hope it's not true because it certainly looked like he went for Ward's knee in the last series. I'm getting sick of this guy to be honest. He plays soft and then goes for two knees? Bring back Ribeiro (never thought I'd say that). But only if he comes with Morrow.

Last edited by Beakermania*: 04-29-2008 at 03:24 AM.
tinyzombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 02:37 AM
Complaining Customer

For what I saw, Pleks only pushed his ass out and bumped Umberger near the left hip/higher thigh. Umberger immediately looked to be in pain, but it really felt like a fluke incident - and Pleks looked even more like an ass with his butt out like that.

(but it was real fast so I'm not absolutely sure of what I'm saying)

Last edited by Beakermania*: 04-29-2008 at 03:23 AM.
Complaining Customer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 02:52 AM
stungun

" Occupying an area of 24,230,000 sq km, North America is the third largest of the world’s continents and comprises, amongst others, two of the world’s most developed countries, the United States of America and Canada."

uhm... doesn't that make you an American too... you might live in Canada but your American to until you break of from the continent of North America.

Last edited by Transported Upstater: 04-29-2008 at 05:11 AM. Reason: Flaming.
stungun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 02:57 AM
dre2112

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafRefereeeeeees View Post

I think Plekanec went for the knee myself, but would like to see the replay again. I hope it's not true because it certainly looked like he went for Ward's knee in the last series. I'm getting sick of this guy to be honest. He plays soft and then goes for two knees? Bring back Ribeiro (never thought I'd say that). But only if he comes with Morrow.
Umberger's thigh brushed on Plekanec' hip. There was no knee. Pleks wasn't even looking at Umberger when they brushed.

Last edited by Beakermania*: 04-29-2008 at 03:23 AM.
dre2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 03:09 AM
JesterOnly

vCash: 523
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam91 View Post
CAN SOMEONE PLEASE CLEAR THIS UP FOR ME, I honestly have NO idea what happened there, from what I could see just appear like Pleks either completly missed him or barely touched him... but I couldn't find a good angle, I didn't see any blood, but Umburger was kicking his foot into the ice in disgust
Umberger recently returned from a bum knee and ankle on his left side. I think that Plekanec tapped him on the way by, nothing illegal or anything, and it twisted Umberger's skate causing pain in either ankle or knee. He was trying to keep weight off of it till the dressing room. I think they had the trainer check out the affected area and clear him to return, which is why it took some time for him to return. Hopefully no harm, definitely no foul. I, as a Flyer fan, would have laughed at the stupidity of the refs if a call was made there.

JesterOnly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 03:46 AM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Greg Millen said that Pleks basically hit him with his ass, like Pleks was trying to make himself occupy as much space as possible to force Umberger around him, but every replay I saw it just looked like Umberger lost an edge.

Fish on The Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 03:55 AM
Complaining Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand View Post
Greg Millen said that Pleks basically hit him with his ass, like Pleks was trying to make himself occupy as much space as possible to force Umberger around him, but every replay I saw it just looked like Umberger lost an edge.
I'm pretty sure I saw the same thing Millen saw. Youtube? I'd love to have a better look at Pleks pushing out his round ass to rub himself against Umberger.

Complaining Customer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 06:05 AM
BadHabit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand View Post
It was a dive... there's no way that someone getting brushed by like that collapses to the ice for 2-3 mins, kicks like a fish out of water, gets helped off the ice, and then returns to the ice 10 mins later and leads a rush where he almost outskates Bouillon.

BadHabit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 07:35 AM
Mue

Sure looked like Ribeiro on that play.

Mue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 07:47 AM
Boris Le Tigre
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Charley Horse... definitely intentional. I did not like the play. It could very easily have resulted in a penalty and we're lucky it didn't. Then we wouldn't have been able to gain any momentum as Hatcher's dumb play would/should have been mitigated by Plekanec

Boris Le Tigre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 07:50 AM
Canadian_Brewtality

the butt charley horse? Please

Plekanec is the last person who would try and get physical.

Canadian_Brewtality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 07:52 AM
BadHabit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris La Tigre View Post
Charley Horse... definitely intentional. I did not like the play. It could very easily have resulted in a penalty and we're lucky it didn't. Then we wouldn't have been able to gain any momentum as Hatcher's dumb play would/should have been mitigated by Plekanec
Man, watch the replay - Pleks BARELY grazed his KNEE. That is NOT a charlie horse.

BadHabit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 07:58 AM
Boris Le Tigre
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadHabit View Post
Man, watch the replay - Pleks BARELY grazed his KNEE. That is NOT a charlie horse.
it's a selfish play that he is lucky for not being called for

Boris Le Tigre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 08:16 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Pleks gave him a hip check, or at least tried. Not sure why Umburger was rolling around the ice. I guess he was giving those pro Leaf CBC guys something to talk about instead of Hatcher's cheap shot.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 08:20 AM
TroyM

That was just a weird play, I know Pleks stuck his arse out on purpose, wanted to make contact, but nothing wrong with making contact. He hardly made any at the end of the day, but he must have tapped R.J. and he twisted something or tweaked it or something, maybe a bit like ol Micky Ribs a few years ago? Sure looked like he was in some intense pain and then he's back minutes later. But then again Ribs is French, so its more evil.

TroyM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 09:00 AM
Bullsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafRefereeeeeees View Post
This is ridiculous. Pleks stuck out his butt and seemed to brush Upshall's thigh with it. Mabye somehow that caused a charlie horse but it's not even in the same ballpark as going for a knee. Anyway I really don't get the logic, you blame Pleks for playing soft and then he actually makes contact with someone and you want to get rid of him? Watch the replay.

Bullsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 09:13 AM
Mue

Is Umbeiro okay?

Mue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 09:15 AM
neofury*

Are you guys blind? On CBC they showed the replay like 5x. Plek never even touched the guy, he dove plain and simple.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 09:31 AM
Puckhead58*

Quote:

Nothing happened to Umburger!!! Plekanec stuck his butt out to make the hit and just barely grazed Umburger's pants and he went down like he was shot. Every replay that you can see shows that there was hardly any contact with Plekanec....so its obvious that this one is a huge dive. Umburger was looking for a penalty call since he knew Hatcher was going to go for that hit on Boullion....Umburger was trying to even things up with the Phantom attack from Plekanec.

And they say that Montreal players dive a lot.....PLEASE!!!! At least if a Montreal player dives there is some form of contact from another player and not just the wind knocking him to the ice like this hit.

Puckhead58* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 09:34 AM
anarmandaleb

Can anyone tell me why you need to rub your face all over the ice if you're not trying to get a major called on the Habs?

anarmandaleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 09:36 AM
GoHabs20

I have a man crush on Pleks, so you know where my mind is going with this one.

GoHabs20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 09:39 AM
Claude Reigns
What offseason?

1. It wasn't a penalty on Montreal. I don't know of any Flyer fan or player that was seriously calling for a penalty.

2. It wasn't a dive on Umberger. His knee has been wonky for the past month. That creates extra stress on the other parts of the leg.

Next topic.

Claude Reigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 09:42 AM
anarmandaleb

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHabs20 View Post
I have a man crush on Pleks, so you know where my mind is going with this one.

Who's the nasty one now?

anarmandaleb is offline   Reply With Quote