HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

We are dominating them, luck is bound to change

Old
04-29-2008, 08:39 AM
habfan4

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon View Post
I am NOT here to troll, let's get that clear.

I don't see how luck comes into it though. Hitting the bar and the post is just off target. You've had more than a few questionable calls (to say the least) and we're not playing all that badly. Majority of your shots last night came on your 8 powerplays.

Maybe Price will click, maybe Biron will go cold. Maybe we'll stop taking our chances and some of your forwards will. They're all maybes however, and definite attributes of the team, nothing to do with luck.
Scoring chances for one team in this series are not turning into goals, the other currently has the Midas touch. Which is not to suggest that capitalizing on scoring opportunites is luck.

The Habs have been able to put pressure on the Flyers D with their speed, pinning them down for long stretches, which I honestly don't think the Flyers have an answer for. They just need to make life much more difficult for Biron, like Price, Martin can't stop what he doesn't see.

In terms of penalty calls, do you really want to go down that road? There have been both blatant missed calls and marginal penalties on both teams.

habfan4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
Luck is Price not playing well and allowing your team to even be in this series. You better pray Halak doesn't play well or its game over for you and your 14 shots on goal. What a joke.
It's not really lucky for us that Price is having a shocker, it's your team failing to cope. At the moment we're finding the gaps and you're not, that's called having more talented forwards.

In this series, we have the better goalie (so far). Nothing lucky about that.

1865 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 08:40 AM
marchabsfan

Yeah of course. England sucks.

marchabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by habfan4 View Post
Scoring chances for one team in this series are not turning into goals, the other currently has the Midas touch. Which is not to suggest that capitalizing on scoring opportunites is luck.
True, but this is something we've been doing all season. 27th in the league for shots allowed, yet we made the play-offs!

Quote:
The Habs have been able to put pressure on the Flyers D with their speed, pinning them down for long stretches, which I honestly don't think the Flyers have an answer for. They just need to make life much more difficult for Biron, like Price, Martin can't stop what he doesn't see.
You've been skating well, but for all the puck possession, you're not creating any more chances than Washington did for example. I think part of our tactic is to let you skate about, let Biron see the shots and then break out. It's working well here, we're one broken stick away from being 3-0 up!

Quote:
In terms of penalty calls, do you really want to go down that road? There have been both blatant missed calls and marginal penalties on both teams.
Without doubt, but i'm still angry about their performance last night. Let me be bias for once :p

Old
04-29-2008, 08:43 AM
habfan4

Quote:
Originally Posted by marchabsfan View Post
Yeah of course. England sucks.
Don't be a tool.

Old
04-29-2008, 08:43 AM
Puckhead58*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryI View Post
We are only down 1-2...Colorado and San Jose came back from being down 1-2 to win their series in the first round. We can't stop ****ing believing because every time we think this team is down they come out and win the game by a blowout and especially we have totally dominated those pansies in the last 2 games and at some point the lucky will turn around and the post we were hitting will go in the net and the open net misses will go in as well.

GO HABS GO!!!!!

If we lose the next game....its over!!!

We haven't been getting the bounces we need to win in the last 2 games. Biron hasn't had to make a tough save yet. We have no traffic in front of him at all and he sees every puck being shot at him and makes a routine save.
We have hit about 6 posts in the last 2 games, we missed open nets and have had a couple of breakaways in each of the last 2 games as well, plus we are outshooting the hell out of them and nothing has worked.
Either we get some bounces next game and put the puck in the net and win, or we continue to hit posts and miss open nets and lose another game and eventually the series.

The bottom line is that we have to be better offensively and capitalize on our scoring chances!!!!

Puckhead58* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 08:44 AM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:

You've been skating well, but for all the puck possession, you're not creating any more chances than Washington did for example. I think part of our tactic is to let you skate about, let Biron see the shots and then break out. It's working well here, we're one broken stick away from being 3-0 up
Point? Your 5 posts from being down 3-0.

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHabsGo247 View Post
Point? Your 5 posts from being down 3-0.
You may as well hit the glass as hit the post, it's off target. Broken sticks however are just

Old
04-29-2008, 08:46 AM
dutchy29

Quote:

I don't see how luck comes into it though. Hitting the bar and the post is just off target. You've had more than a few questionable calls (to say the least) and we're not playing all that badly. Majority of your shots last night came on your 8 powerplays.

Maybe Price will click, maybe Biron will go cold. Maybe we'll stop taking our chances and some of your forwards will. They're all maybes however, and definite attributes of the team, nothing to do with luck.
Luck has plenty to do with it this series. Game one, we were very lucky and won a game that clearly should have been won by your Flyers. Games 2&3 we out shot and out chanced you terribly by almost 3 to 1, mind you your goalie has been better it takes some luck to win those games my friend. I would'nt call it anything different or your luck may change.

dutchy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 08:46 AM
Valhoun*

Send a message via AIM to Valhoun*
One team puts players in front of the net and pays the price for digging pucks out of the corners.

One team does not.

The phrase "garbage goal" is thrown around a lot here. There is no such thing. When a team stops being cute with the puck and is willing to do the little things those goals happen.

Valhoun* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 08:48 AM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
You may as well hit the glass as hit the post, it's off target. Broken sticks however are just
For you good sir,

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 08:51 AM
habfan4

Quote:
True, but this is something we've been doing all season. 27th in the league for shots allowed, yet we made the play-offs!
I'm not talking about shot totals, I'm referring to scoring chances, big difference. The Habs have missed some golden opportunities (Higgins, Koivu and AK in particular).

Quote:
You've been skating well, but for all the puck possession, you're not creating any more chances than Washington did for example. I think part of our tactic is to let you skate about, let Biron see the shots and then break out. It's working well here, we're one broken stick away from being 3-0 up!
The Flyer's have been doing a decent job making sure that Biron has a good look at most shots. Though the Habs are partially to blame for that as well, aside from Koivu and the third and fourth lines, they simply haven't been willing to get in front of Biron.

That said, I don't think that allowing the opposition to pin down your D and cycle the puck down low is a strategy, it's what happens when speedy forwards match up against slower D.

Quote:
Without doubt, but i'm still angry about their performance last night. Let me be bias for once :p
I scream at the officials as well sometimes, but I forgive them when my team wins.

Old
04-29-2008, 08:52 AM
Nitehowl

Quote:

Cmon most any knowledgeable fan will agree all the bounces have bounced your way so far ...deflections off dman's sticks off shinpads, swinging at goalies trappers etc... only goal close to being in that catagory would be Kovalev's

Have the Flyers even hit a post..probably not as they aren't generating many scoring chances ..I think it was 9 total in game 2 and outa 14 shots last night a few more real scoring chances . Goalpost means your goalie was beat 7 times more..now if a few bounced in instead of out this series could also be differnet so far.

Nitehowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 08:52 AM
dutchy29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mue View Post
Not to be overly negative or anything, but, Boston, IMO, dominated the Habs in most of round one and they still lost.

In the playoffs a win is a win and a loss is a loss…
Good point to an extent, but I felt the Boston series was very close except for a couple games, we never got outshot 33-14
We just arent getting those big saves at the right times, that will change in Game 4.

Old
04-29-2008, 08:57 AM
dutchy29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhoun View Post
One team puts players in front of the net and pays the price for digging pucks out of the corners.

One team does not.

The phrase "garbage goal" is thrown around a lot here. There is no such thing. When a team stops being cute with the puck and is willing to do the little things those goals happen.
"Paying the price" why did Downie scratch his stick when he tripped our goalie?
Or did Hatcher bruise his arm when he slammed Bouillion's face into the glass.
Wow do you guys ever work hard.

Old
04-29-2008, 08:59 AM
anarmandaleb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhoun View Post

One team does not.

I agree. However, I think the Habs have been digging the puck out of the corners quite well in the last two games. What they do with it after it's been dug out... well.

anarmandaleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 09:00 AM
Nitehowl

Quote:
LOL...you are funny.Be a hockey fan 1st and a Flyer fan 2nd then talk hockey intelligently.

Nitehowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 09:01 AM
Chiyo
トラ・トラ・トラ

Quote:
It's not really lucky for us that Price is having a shocker, it's your team failing to cope. At the moment we're finding the gaps and you're not, that's called having more talented forwards.

In this series, we have the better goalie (so far). Nothing lucky about that.
So basically, you're telling us that there isn't any luck in the 13 posts we've hit so far?

Yah.

Chiyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 09:03 AM
Tuggy

vCash: 50
It would be nice to score first or even lead in this series.

HABS WIN GAME 4!

Tuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 09:15 AM
speed11

The Flyers have a 17-3 series record when leading 2-1.

That frightens me a bit... =/

speed11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 09:16 AM
RC51

Price is not playing bad many of their goals were great shots or lucky tips along the way.
the only thing is Price knows his team is snake bit luck wise and he feels extra pressure to stop everything no matter what.
He is 20 and not 30 years old. he is still learning some lessons.
it's not very fair to blame him if his team don't bury some goals.

on the other hand, the Flyers have been lucky. open nets and what 7 posts so far.

RC51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 09:19 AM
habfan4

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed11 View Post
The Flyers have a 17-3 series record when leading 2-1.

That frightens me a bit... =/
Meaningless stat, all due respect to this current Flyer's team, but they are far from being as dominant as they were in the past.

Old
04-29-2008, 09:45 AM
Batarnac

Quote:
Originally Posted by habfan4 View Post
Meaningless stat, all due respect to this current Flyer's team, but they are far from being as dominant as they were in the past.
Seriously, that's not the kind of thing I like to say but they have been lucky in the last two games and if the bounce start going our way, I don't think they stand a chance against us.

The stat might be impressive but the team we're playing against is not.

Batarnac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 09:48 AM
HabsPack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mue View Post
Not to be overly negative or anything, but, Boston, IMO, dominated the Habs in most of round one and they still lost.

In the playoffs a win is a win and a loss is a loss…
Disagree somewhat, Boston did not dominate Mtl in the first round, there were 3 or 4 games where they were slightly better. The series as a whole I'd say Boston had the slight edge, they were just clicking and very well coached. But Mtl winning that series was not a fluke, they earned it.

I agree with the win is a win etc part, Philly's up 2-1 and they deserve the series lead, not because they've outplayed Mtl, but because they buried their chances and Mtl didn't. Until Price picks his game up and the Habs scorers solve Biron, it will be more of the same, I'm afraid. Carbo has his work cut out for him, should be interesting to see just what kind of coach he is at this point in his coaching evolution.

HabsPack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 09:50 AM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to JHabs
Good Players make their own luck and until they start playing like good players they wont have any "good" luck. If you believe in luck at all.

JHabs is online now   Reply With Quote