HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Johansson makes Sweden team

Closed Thread

Old
05-17-2004, 02:38 PM
lstcyr

vCash: 500
Johansson makes Sweden team

NYLANDER, Jonsson don't make the cut as Sweden announces World ...
National Post (subscription) - Canada
... Modin of the Tampa Bay Lightning, Henrik Zetterberg and Tomas Holmstrom
of Detroit, PJ Axelsson of Boston and Andreas Johansson of the Nashville
Predators. ...
URL=<http://www.canada.com/national/natio...3-43f0588d428f
http://www.canada.com/national/nationalpost/news/story.html?id=aeb48961-bd37-4dea-b433-43f0588d428f[/URL]

Old
05-17-2004, 02:41 PM
Dave is a killer
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by lstcyr
NYLANDER, Jonsson don't make the cut as Sweden announces World ...
National Post (subscription) - Canada
... Modin of the Tampa Bay Lightning, Henrik Zetterberg and Tomas Holmstrom
of Detroit, PJ Axelsson of Boston and Andreas Johansson of the Nashville
Predators. ...
URL=<http://www.canada.com/national/natio...3-43f0588d428f
http://www.canada.com/national/nationalpost/news/story.html?id=aeb48961-bd37-4dea-b433-43f0588d428f[/URL]
Did he really have that good of a year to warrant being selected to the Swedish National Team or are some of the other players 'taking time off'?

Old
05-17-2004, 02:42 PM
lstcyr

Hard to tell. Don't we like him when he's not hurt?

Old
05-17-2004, 02:50 PM
Dave is a killer
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by lstcyr
Hard to tell. Don't we like him when he's not hurt?
yea, but he has never played a full season in the NHL, the most he's played in the NHL is 70 with the Rags, the year before we picked him up...103 games out of 162 is what he been able to do for us...he's not been very durable for us, or for anyone around the NHL...I wish we could get a draft pick for him on draft day.

Old
05-17-2004, 03:03 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seven_Nation_Army
yea, but he has never played a full season in the NHL, the most he's played in the NHL is 70 with the Rags, the year before we picked him up...103 games out of 162 is what he been able to do for us...he's not been very durable for us, or for anyone around the NHL...I wish we could get a draft pick for him on draft day.

that's being a little unfair. i mean..this year...he missed one big chunk on a dirty hit to the head from Rob Blake. Concussions aren't something you can really mess with. He's one year removed from being our top scorer, and was a pretty solid offensive threat, when he was healthy. Most of all, I don't really think we have anyone that can take his place...unless we sign someone. Even if Legwand is bumped back up to the first line...who plays on the second? Arkhipov?

Old
05-17-2004, 03:06 PM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
Johansson is unrestricted. We will be lucky to get anything for him. And he's better on open ice. Those hammering checks from the likes of Blake aren't as many in IIHF tournaments.

Old
05-17-2004, 03:10 PM
SmokeyClause

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids
that's being a little unfair. i mean..this year...he missed one big chunk on a dirty hit to the head from Rob Blake. Concussions aren't something you can really mess with. He's one year removed from being our top scorer, and was a pretty solid offensive threat, when he was healthy. Most of all, I don't really think we have anyone that can take his place...unless we sign someone. Even if Legwand is bumped back up to the first line...who plays on the second? Arkhipov?

I'd almost be tempted to give Gamache a chance. Certainly Erat Hall Hartnell line can be tempting. One of those two (Hall/Hartnell) is likely going to get bumped up from their current third line to the second.

Something like this...

Sullivan XXX Walker
Erat Legwand Hall (Hall takes faceoffs)
Hartnell Johnson Orszagh
Tootoo Gamache Stevenson

I want to get rid of Johnson so bad, but we'll certainly need a major acquisition because we have a hole in the middle. Conroy could be the answer. How about we take a flier on Soin? He didn't have a great year over in Russia, but why not waste a couple hundred thousand on the kid? He might be able to step up in a 3rd/4th line center role.

Last edited by SmokeyClause: 05-17-2004 at 03:19 PM.
Old
05-17-2004, 03:16 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyClause
I'd almost be tempted to give Gamache a chance. Certainly Erat Hall Hartnell line can be tempting. With Hall taking faceoffs and playing center. Why Hall at center? Because it's something I want to try dammit One of those two (Hall/Hartnell) is likely going to get bumped up from their current third line to the second.

Something like this...

Sullivan Legwand Walker
Erat Hall Hartnell
Pivko Johnson Orszagh
Tootoo Gamache Stevenson

i'm inclined to give that a try, but Poile sounded unsure about the chances of Haydar or Gamache making the team.

Old
05-17-2004, 03:19 PM
SmokeyClause

Quote:
i'm inclined to give that a try, but Poile sounded unsure about the chances of Haydar or Gamache making the team.
I made some alterations to my lines.

Old
05-17-2004, 03:28 PM
SmokeyClause

And what are the odds of us bringing Setzinger over? He really tooks some strides after being traded from the Pelicans. For the Pelicans last year, he had 7 goals and 14 assists in 56 games. He really struggled this year registering only 2 goals and 6 assists through the first 20 games. He was sent to the minors/traded. In Finland-1, he had 6 points (4 goals) in 8 games. Then he was brought up to HPK and looked really good notching 9 points (6 goals) in the remaining 14 games. In the playoffs, he posted 11 points (4 goals) in 8 games for HPK. I hope he comes to camp because I'm sure we would give him a chance to win a spot on our roster.

Old
05-17-2004, 03:40 PM
Robertsson 4-ever

Send a message via ICQ to Robertsson 4-ever
Quote:
Did he really have that good of a year to warrant being selected to the Swedish National Team or are some of the other players 'taking time off'?
Nah, he usually is quite good on the national team. Besides, Sweden don't have that great depth. Although we left players like Michael Nylander ( ), Kristian Huselius, Mikael Renberg and Niklas Sundström outside the roster, I personally rank Johansson ahead of all these, except Nylander.

Old
05-18-2004, 10:26 PM
hillbilly

Send a message via AIM to hillbilly
Quote:
I think you mean clean hit

Old
05-18-2004, 10:28 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbilly
I think you mean clean hit

if smashing someone in the head with a crosscheck is clean by your bloodthirsty standards, then more power to you.

to me, that's dirty hockey, and rob blake is a pro at it.

Old
05-18-2004, 10:36 PM
hillbilly

Quote:
if smashing someone in the head with a crosscheck is clean by your bloodthirsty standards, then more power to you.

I didn't see a cross check, but I have the game tape and will watch again. Terry and Pete never mentioned a cross check either that I remember. Though I know they miss some things. I'm pretty sure it was a clean hit.

Old
05-18-2004, 11:36 PM
SmokeyClause

Quote:

I never saw a crosscheck, just a shoulder to the head. I want to think it's dirty because it took Blake only a step and a half to kill Johansson, but upon review, I think it's clean. Though another look could be in order.

Old
05-18-2004, 11:40 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyClause
I never saw a crosscheck, just a shoulder to the head. I want to think it's dirty because it took Blake only a step and a half to kill Johansson, but upon review, I think it's clean. Though another look could be in order.

i remember being pretty worked up over that hit, and the reason being that the shaft of Blake's stick came up and got AJ in the back of the head. This was just after he had missed a charge on Legwand.

Old
05-19-2004, 12:21 AM
hillbilly

Quote:
i remember being pretty worked up over that hit, and the reason being that the shaft of Blake's stick came up and got AJ in the back of the head. This was just after he had missed a charge on Legwand.
IMO the attempted charge can't be proven atleast from the preds broadcast is there is no way in heck you can tell if Blake leaves his feet or not and he's not still skating when he tries the hit and the hit on Johannson is very clean IMO. if AJ hadn't been looking down the damage would have been much less

EDIT: after watching the replay the preds broadcast did I feel Blake's attempted hit on Legwand was not a charge, everyone here knows I like the rough stuff, but I like the hits clean and I think both the hit and the attempted hit were

Last edited by hillbilly: 05-19-2004 at 12:44 AM.
Old
05-19-2004, 07:07 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

I don't think it's a charge, but I do think his hands are a little high. Leaving your feet isn't the only criteria for charging, taking strides into a hit also qualifies. It's hard to hit someone in the head, legally.

Closed Thread