HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Andrei Kostitsyn

Old
04-29-2008, 06:25 AM
Tuggy

vCash: 500
Andrei Kostitsyn

This guy needs to play more. He should be getting around 18-19 minutes a night and he is a game breaker. I wouldn't mind seeing him take Higgins spot on the top line with Koivu and Kovalev because Higgins just isn't getting the job done right now. Andrei has the best shot on the team IMO and we need him out there more.

Tuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 06:48 AM
The n00b King
Kingin' since 2003

nope. disagree.

until he stops avoiding the physical aspect of the game, his ice time needs to be limited.

he's not sacrificing the body and he's running away.

i never thought he'd wuss out of the plays the way he's been doing it.

it's disappointing.

The n00b King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 07:41 AM
Freaky Habs Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominant Hegemony View Post
nope. disagree.

until he stops avoiding the physical aspect of the game, his ice time needs to be limited.

it's disappointing.
What? I don't think he's avoiding the physical aspect of the game...he's not as physical as in regular season, but still, he's not avoiding that aspect either...

Also, he's been playing fairly well since a few games...better than some other forwards, so I wouldn't hesitate to give him more ice time. Too bad that he don't have his chance with Koivu, because last year, in pre-season, it was a great duo...

Freaky Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 07:46 AM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy View Post
This guy needs to play more. He should be getting around 18-19 minutes a night and he is a game breaker. I wouldn't mind seeing him take Higgins spot on the top line with Koivu and Kovalev because Higgins just isn't getting the job done right now. Andrei has the best shot on the team IMO and we need him out there more.
Agreed.

He looked amazing at one point last night.. Plus that would give us a "KKK" line... OMG OH NOZ!

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 08:40 AM
GoHabs20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy View Post
agree 100%.

GoHabs20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 09:42 AM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to JHabs
Quote:
This guy needs to play more. He should be getting around 18-19 minutes a night and he is a game breaker. I wouldn't mind seeing him take Higgins spot on the top line with Koivu and Kovalev because Higgins just isn't getting the job done right now.
How bout you let Carbo Coach and sit back and watch the playoffs

JHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 11:05 AM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
How about we let him play his ****ing natural position.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 11:13 AM
Brass

hes affraid to take a check but whatever datsyuk was like that in his first season zetty too , the guy is learning BUT GODarnit SHoot a the net too much passing with his bro shoot shoot shoot

Brass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 11:17 AM
superstar436

I agree that he should have more Ice time

He is the best sniper on this team, if not the only natural one. He has a lethal shot and can score from anywhere. What struck me and marinero said it this morning, why on earth wasn't he on the 5-3 in the 1st period. HE proved on many occasions this year that he can go in front of the net, he is a better passer than higgins and his shot again.

superstar436 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 11:27 AM
Ross MacLochness

Quote:
Originally Posted by superstar436 View Post
I agree that he should have more Ice time

He is the best sniper on this team, if not the only natural one. He has a lethal shot and can score from anywhere. What struck me and marinero said it this morning, why on earth wasn't he on the 5-3 in the 1st period. HE proved on many occasions this year that he can go in front of the net, he is a better passer than higgins and his shot again.
Carbo's 5-on-3 selections this year have been head scratchers at best.

Our 2nd and 3rd best goal scorers have both spent minimal time on the 2 man advantage. Infact, the only 5-on-3 I can remember off the top of my head that A Kostitsyn and Plekanec played on for more than 10 seconds was that one in Ottawa when we were getting blown out. (We scored btw, Andrei from Sergei and Price). Get you best players out on the key powerplays and 2 man advantages for godsakes. I have no problem with Koivu being on last night, the guy is on a mission right now. But Higgins over Kostitsyn? Why in the world? Why would you not want a guy with that much skill and goal scoring ability out there on a 2 man PP?

Somebody please explain it to me.

Ross MacLochness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 12:15 PM
Dandes

what I see goes in the order direction. Since the beginning of the series against the flyer, Andrei is more dominant than kovy with the puck. With his bro, he is more versatile and he try a lot of different plays on the ice.

Andrei is a great player when he control the puck.

Dandes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 01:37 PM
superstar436

Yo uwill see a better AK # 46 when he is on the RW. Not just he is more comfortable, but his bro Sksoty is better as a LW. When he is on the Rw he tries too many backhand passes and it does not work most of the time so the other team gets the puck and counter attack. HAving Aksoty on the RW won't win us series, but for God's sake just try it once.

superstar436 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 05:01 PM
Kirk Muller

akosts and pleks are both MIA however Kovalev and Markov are still the biggest concerns.

Kirk Muller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 05:05 PM
Montreal Shadow

Why doesn't he do flashy moves like he used to do in the regular season? That guy has amazing hands and a great shot, he's explosive and he hits. He'll probably the Habs star forward.

Montreal Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 05:10 PM
brownman*

He strikes me as the kind of guy who will light it up in the playoffs, once he's had a season or two under his belt. There were some moments of unease against Boston and there have been flashes of him easing up on pucks in this series but, overall, for a 23 year-old winger he's been excellent.

I'd like to see him and Koivu together on the powerplay starting in game 4 because Andrei has superior vision to Kovalev and IMO would be quicker with the down-low pass off the wall for the backdoor...if the coaching staff even allows him to set up there.

brownman* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 05:11 PM
GoodKiwi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominant Hegemony View Post
nope. disagree.

it's disappointing.
Agreed. Disappointing performance from Andrei so far these playoffs.

GoodKiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 05:22 PM
Kriss E

Some players need time to perform as good as they can..just like Kovalev.

I agree, i was scratching my head when i saw Streit and Higgins on the 5-3..I still don't get why Higgins get a lot of PP time, and Streit has been horrible since the beginning of the POs, which is good in a sense cuz he's losing value :p
It would have been perfect for the Kost broz to be on.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 05:28 PM
Bonin

But why isn't he playing RW when he plays with his brother and plekanec...

Bonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 05:32 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
How about we let him play his ****ing natural position.
because then he would be on the 3rd line.

Fish on The Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 05:33 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross MacLochness View Post
Carbo's 5-on-3 selections this year have been head scratchers at best.

Our 2nd and 3rd best goal scorers have both spent minimal time on the 2 man advantage. Infact, the only 5-on-3 I can remember off the top of my head that A Kostitsyn and Plekanec played on for more than 10 seconds was that one in Ottawa when we were getting blown out. (We scored btw, Andrei from Sergei and Price). Get you best players out on the key powerplays and 2 man advantages for godsakes. I have no problem with Koivu being on last night, the guy is on a mission right now. But Higgins over Kostitsyn? Why in the world? Why would you not want a guy with that much skill and goal scoring ability out there on a 2 man PP?

Somebody please explain it to me.
Higgins can retrieve dumpins while AKost can't.

Old
04-29-2008, 05:55 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand View Post
Apparently Higgins hasn't been retrieving much seeing as our PP has been crappy. To be honest we haven't been successful at retrieving the dump-ins.

Akost can bring the puck in, and cause a lot more than Higgins on a PP.
If you want a big body to retrieve a dump in, then put Lats in and dump it in when he's in full speed. He'll get the puck.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 05:56 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Apparently Higgins hasn't been retrieving much seeing as our PP has been crappy. To be honest we haven't been successful at retrieving the dump-ins.

Akost can bring the puck in, and cause a lot more than Higgins on a PP.
If you want a big body to retrieve a dump in, then put Lats in and dump it in when he's in full speed. He'll get the puck.
I liked Higgins in the 3rd. If we play like that in the first we should be the team up 2 for once.

Old
04-29-2008, 05:59 PM
Qui Gon Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownman View Post
I'd like to see him and Koivu together on the powerplay starting in game 4 because Andrei has superior vision to Kovalev and IMO would be quicker with the down-low pass off the wall for the backdoor...if the coaching staff even allows him to set up there.
I think Andrei and Saku had a 4 on 4 shift together Vs the Bruins where they created a quality chance. They looked good together and I'd like to see them get more ice time alongside each other. Who knows, maybe next year he might get a shot on Saku's right wing, but it seems unlikely for this year. Which is a shame because I think they'd compliment each other quite well in most situations. Although the good thing about Andrei is that Carbo never has to spend long trying to find someone he works well with. He has played well with Higgins, Plekanec, Kovalev and Sergei in the NHL so far, has shown flashes with Koivu, has history with Grobovski at other levels and worked well with Gui in pre-season IIRC. Maybe for the time being, until he is truely comfortable in the NHL, he will be used to fill in gaps on the roster when/where needed. But I would hope that as he finds ways to better use his skillset in the NHL, management starts to build a line more around him, than slot him into open spaces. At some point, you have to get the most out of your assets. Andrei is one heck of an asset in our organisation, it would be a shame to see him rounding out lines in a few years time if he keeps developing as he has.

Qui Gon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 06:03 PM
Ross MacLochness

Quote:
Who dumps the puck in on a 5-on-3?

Ross MacLochness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 06:34 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
because then he would be on the 3rd line.
Or be on the same line, so he and his brother can both be on their natural positions.

S. Kost is a LW
A. Kost is a RW.

Why they are switched? No way I can tell you.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote