HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Not enough Canadians to win the Cup this year

Closed Thread

Old
04-29-2008, 10:30 AM
David_99

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyM View Post
I actually thought it was you, I was thinking 'I remember a David, but I thought he was at least half way intelligent... and didn't he have an avatar? He's gone downhill since he lost it.'

You gotta watch this guy, your rep is on the line!
Thanks

You gotta remember, I'm not just David, I'm David_99. I'm the Gretzky of Davids.

Old
04-29-2008, 10:32 AM
TheCH*

The only reason why we aern't up 3-0 is because of a Canadian.

Old
04-29-2008, 10:37 AM
David

Quote:
Originally Posted by David_99 View Post
Thanks

You gotta remember, I'm not just David, I'm David_99. I'm the Gretzky of Davids.
That's a good one.

Old
04-29-2008, 10:57 AM
Fido22

Some pretty disgusting stuff comes out of the woodwork after a couple of losses.

Old
04-29-2008, 10:59 AM
skule123

Did any teams with more Canadians than the Canadiens get eliminated in the first round? What are the implications of that?

Old
04-29-2008, 11:01 AM
MTL-rules

Stupid ass Koivu, I'm so pissed to have him on my team right now instead a true canadian boys like Tucker, Wellwood and all these great Marlies from Ontario...

(How can we justify such a thread?)

Old
04-29-2008, 11:04 AM
The n00b King ©*

Stick to having sex with potatoes.

YOU GOTTA KEEP BELIEVIN'!

Old
04-29-2008, 11:07 AM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalcon View Post
If...
1. Halak replaces Price;
2. Dandeneault replaces Kostopoulos;
3. Brisbois replaces O'Byrne;

The habs will not have one anglophone Canadian player in the lineup!!!!!
Ummm.. Gorges?

Old
04-29-2008, 11:16 AM
dlandry77

Montreal has a good team and It has nothing to do with non Canadians.

Price had a couple bad games, rest him and play Halak for a few games.

This team can win the cup. The Flyers are not that great. They are probably one of the slowest teams in the league. They would be more suited as western conference team. We need better goaltending either from Price or Halak. We don't need to change the team.

Its great the way it is. Plus Canadians are a bunch of p"ssy's and can't handle playing in Canada. Hence the Brier signing in Phili or Thorton or any superstar that will never come over the boarder.

Old
04-29-2008, 11:16 AM
jcpenny

Typical Habs thread when things go bad...

Old
04-29-2008, 11:17 AM
Metropolitsky
Still 4x more cups

Bring Back Audette, Juneau, Gilmour and Mckay

Old
04-29-2008, 11:36 AM
Drive425

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
I"ll eat my shorts and apolgize to everyone if I'm proven wrong but I realize after this last game that this year's Montreal Canadiens do not have enough Canadians to do whatever it takes to win the CUP.

Carbo knows it too, that's why he keeps insisting in putting in Breezy and Dandy despite how bad they are.
Wow, the Habs lose 2 close games and the sky is falling.

This thread is a joke!

Old
04-29-2008, 11:39 AM
jcpenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drive425 View Post
Wow, the Habs lose 2 close games and the sky is falling.

This thread is a joke!
Fake Habs fans are a joke!

Old
04-29-2008, 11:42 AM
Puckhead58*

Quote:
I"ll eat my shorts and apolgize to everyone if I'm proven wrong but I realize after this last game that this year's Montreal Canadiens do not have enough Canadians to do whatever it takes to win the CUP.

Carbo knows it too, that's why he keeps insisting in putting in Breezy and Dandy despite how bad they are.

HAHAHAH.....thats makes absolutely no sense what-so-ever!!!!!!!!!!

I don't care what nationality the players are, I just want them to go out and give 100% for a change and play like they have all season long......if the Habs can do that....they'll win this series against the Flyers and lord knows what they are capable of after that.

I think having 10 Canadian guys on your team is more than enough to win a cup....heck....even 1 Canadian guy should be enough to win a cup.

Old
04-29-2008, 11:54 AM
Turbo

I think they should dress Chipchura, Stewart, Locke, and D'Agostini and take out Kovalev, Koivu, Plekanec, and Higgins.

For extra impact, the Kostitsyns should be in the press box for Ryder and Dandenault.

The 30% increase in pure Canadian content is bound to produce wins!

The only thing left is to minimize the ice time given to Hamrlik, Komisarek, and Markov and we're golden.

Old
04-29-2008, 11:56 AM
anarmandaleb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo View Post
I think they should dress Chipchura, Stewart, Locke, and D'Agostini and take out Kovalev, Koivu, Plekanec, and Higgins.

For extra impact, the Kostitsyns should be in the press box for Ryder and Dandenault.

The 30% increase in pure Canadian content is bound to produce wins!

The only thing left is to minimize the ice time given to Hamrlik, Komisarek, and Markov and we're golden.

Best post I've seen all day.

Old
04-29-2008, 11:59 AM
David

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckhead58 View Post
HAHAHAH.....thats makes absolutely no sense what-so-ever!!!!!!!!!!

I don't care what nationality the players are, I just want them to go out and give 100% for a change and play like they have all season long......if the Habs can do that....they'll win this series against the Flyers and lord knows what they are capable of after that.

I think having 10 Canadian guys on your team is more than enough to win a cup....heck....even 1 Canadian guy should be enough to win a cup.
Obviously you guys didn't read my other post. Try reading the rest of the first page before prejudging and jumping to conclusions after reading a snippet.

In any case, it'll be hard to convince anyone that Tomas Plekanecs, Andrei Kostsityn, Sergei Kostsityn and Mark Streit want to win the Stanely Cup more than Mike Richards, Scottie Upshall, Jeff Carter, and Jason Smith.

Once again, this is not about race or ethnicity (sp?) It's about the expectations that you grew up with.

Old
04-29-2008, 12:03 PM
Beakermania*

Nationality has nothing to do with it... You are either a playoff player or you are not a playoff player. Just to prove it I'll put the leaders down for the following two teams together, one for me with all euros... and one for you with all canadians and we can see who will win in the playoffs.

My Team: Tomas Holmstrom, Nick Lidstrom, Peter Forsberg, Alex Ovechkin, Saku Koivu, Sergei Federov, Jaromir Jagr, Henrik Lundqvist,
Davids Team: Joe Thornton, Pat Marleau, Wade Redden, Jason Spezza, Dany Heatley, Michael Ryder, Todd Bertuzzi, Ray Emery,

Now who will win? David's Team Canada or my European Team; in a 7 game playoff series??

Last edited by Beakermania*: 04-29-2008 at 12:18 PM.
Old
04-29-2008, 12:04 PM
Slick Nick

Ryan Getzlaf
Chris Pronger
Teemu Selanne
Corey Perry
Todd Marchant
Travis Moen
Sean O'Donnell
Scott Niedermayer
Todd Bertuzzi
Chris Kunitz
Mathieu Schneider
Doug Weight
Kent Huskins
Bobby Ryan
Brian Sutherby
George Parros
Francois Beauchemin
Samuel Pahlsson
Rob Niedermayer
Brad May
Ryan Carter

Old
04-29-2008, 12:07 PM
habfan4

Quote:
Obviously you guys didn't read my other post. Try reading the rest of the first page before prejudging and jumping to conclusions after reading a snippet.

In any case, it'll be hard to convince anyone that Tomas Plekanecs, Andrei Kostsityn, Sergei Kostsityn and Mark Streit want to win the Stanely Cup more than Mike Richards, Scottie Upshall, Jeff Carter, and Jason Smith.

Once again, this is not about race or ethnicity (sp?) It's about the expectations that you grew up with.
Simply stating this doesn't make it fact. It's a total non sequitur to suggest that Canadian players want to win the Cup more than their Russian or European counterparts, simply because they happen to have been born in Canada.

How are you quantifying their respective desires to win the Cup? Why would Plekanec, the K Bros and Streit be playing in the NHL if their ultimate goal wasn't to win a cup?

Old
04-29-2008, 12:09 PM
vesperal

Quote:

Yes, we did read the other post. You sound like a guy spewing a racist remark then saying he's not racist. For example : Oh, I'm not racist/prejudice, I'm just saying black and white shouldn't marry (or gays), not that there's anything wrong with them.

Old
04-29-2008, 12:19 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania View Post
Nationality has nothing to do with it... You are either a playoff player or you are not a playoff player. Just to prove it I'll put the leaders down for the following two teams together, one for me with all euros... and one for you with all canadians and we can see who will win in the playoffs.

My Team: Tomas Holmstrom, Nick Lidstrom, Peter Forsberg, Alex Ovechkin, Saku Koivu, Sergei Federov, Jaromir Jagr, Henrik Lundqvist,
Davids Team: Joe Thornton, Pat Marleau, Wade Redden, Jason Spezza, Dany Heatley, Michael Ryder, Todd Bertuzzi, Ray Emery,

Now who will win? David's Team Canada or my European Team; in a 7 game playoff series??
Do we need a poll or is it pretty obvious??

Old
04-29-2008, 12:20 PM
habfan4

Quote:
I think the point has been driven home clearly enough.

Old
04-29-2008, 12:24 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

I believe there's not enough Chinese to win the Cup. How many chinese did we have in our lineup in the past 15 years again??? Answer: 0 . And how many cups have we won in the same period? 0

We need more Chinese!!!!!

Old
04-29-2008, 12:25 PM
Turbo

Quote:
I thought it was rhetorical.

Closed Thread