HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

We are dominating them, luck is bound to change

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-29-2008, 10:00 AM
  #51
Habitants
Registered User
 
Habitants's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,130
vCash: 500
well i hate to say it, but i predicted after the game 2 loss that they would loose the first one in philly...i also predicted the would win 3 straight after that to close out the series. The way i see it, philly has been playing well, and biron has looked good, but the habs are making his job too easy. he can see all those shots clearly! the habs have missed a large amount of chances. alot of posts, missed 5 on 3, they are not capitalizing.

the 3 games have gone the same each time. philly gets the first 2 goals, after the habs should havwe scored! I think next game the habs will score first and win the game. come back to MTL with new energy and take game 5. then the flyers will be panicing, and the habs will come back to philly and press it to the end to close it out.

Thats my call

Habitants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 10:07 AM
  #52
Batarnac
Registered User
 
Batarnac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 531
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habitants View Post
well i hate to say it, but i predicted after the game 2 loss that they would loose the first one in philly...i also predicted the would win 3 straight after that to close out the series. The way i see it, philly has been playing well, and biron has looked good, but the habs are making his job too easy. he can see all those shots clearly! the habs have missed a large amount of chances. alot of posts, missed 5 on 3, they are not capitalizing.

the 3 games have gone the same each time. philly gets the first 2 goals, after the habs should havwe scored! I think next game the habs will score first and win the game. come back to MTL with new energy and take game 5. then the flyers will be panicing, and the habs will come back to philly and press it to the end to close it out.

Thats my call
And I agree. The Flyers seems to be so nervous, even with the lead they don't seem to have any confidence. If we score first, I don't see them coming back since we're already getting good chances even when they play their ''defensive'' style, so if they try to generate some offence that will only lead to more turnovers and breakaways for us.

Batarnac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 10:17 AM
  #53
Mue
Registered User
 
Mue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 2,927
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsPack View Post
I agree with the win is a win etc part, Philly's up 2-1 and they deserve the series lead, not because they've outplayed Mtl, but because they buried their chances and Mtl didn't. Until Price picks his game up and the Habs scorers solve Biron, it will be more of the same, I'm afraid. Carbo has his work cut out for him, should be interesting to see just what kind of coach he is at this point in his coaching evolution.
Exactly, and no amount of excuses will change the fact that the Flyers are leading the series 2-1. Through the regular season I understand taking the positives and moving on. In the playoffs though, it is either win or lose...nothing more (with regards to this season only - no matter how far the Habs go this has been great experience for the team, a team that was apparently supposed to miss the playoffs).

It's win or lose in the playoffs though. Losing is disappointing but I'm still excited about the future of this team (and it has been a while since I could last say that).

Mue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 12:07 PM
  #54
1865
Registered User
 
1865's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Chester, UK
Country: England
Posts: 8,948
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitehowl View Post
Cmon most any knowledgeable fan will agree all the bounces have bounced your way so far ...deflections off dman's sticks off shinpads, swinging at goalies trappers etc... only goal close to being in that catagory would be Kovalev's

Have the Flyers even hit a post..probably not as they aren't generating many scoring chances ..I think it was 9 total in game 2 and outa 14 shots last night a few more real scoring chances . Goalpost means your goalie was beat 7 times more..now if a few bounced in instead of out this series could also be differnet so far.
It doesn't mean Biron is beaten. A vast number of shots that hit the post occur because the goalie has the danger zone covered.

Simply put, if your goalie were playing better or your forwards were more accurate, you'd be winning.

I've made my point, i'll leave it at that before it descends.

1865 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 12:10 PM
  #55
HF-Addict
Registered User
 
HF-Addict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,745
vCash: 500
Why do they dump the puck on the PP??? WHY????

HF-Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 12:10 PM
  #56
1865
Registered User
 
1865's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Chester, UK
Country: England
Posts: 8,948
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitehowl View Post
LOL...you are funny.Be a hockey fan 1st and a Flyer fan 2nd then talk hockey intelligently.
I'll respond to this though. Surprisingly, i was a hockey fan for 10 years before i was a Flyers fan. How strange.

Anyway, hitting the post means you've missed. So does hitting the glass. Thought i'd explain my point in case you didn't understand.

1865 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 12:12 PM
  #57
HotPie
Registered User
 
HotPie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,587
vCash: 500
I'm never going to stop believing, and I'm never going to doubt this team.

There is no reason why we wouldn't be able pull this off.

I hate coming on this ****ing site after the Habs lose. There's so much general negativity, and then you have a hoards of random fans from other teams creating Price threads at an exponential rate going on how he's overrated and what not. It's pathetic.

/rant off.

(This wasn't directed at the OP or anyone this thread...I just needed to vent)

HotPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 12:51 PM
  #58
le_sean
Registered User
 
le_sean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ottawa
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 14,418
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon View Post
I'll respond to this though. Surprisingly, i was a hockey fan for 10 years before i was a Flyers fan. How strange.

Anyway, hitting the post means you've missed. So does hitting the glass. Thought i'd explain my point in case you didn't understand.
I agree. It's like when Price won that long shootout against the Pens and others were trying to downplay the saves he made because players missed the net. That can be attributed to just missing completely, but if it happens this often the goalie must be doing something right with his positioning.

le_sean is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 01:02 PM
  #59
TwinTurbo
Registered User
 
TwinTurbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Country: North Korea
Posts: 1,315
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon View Post
Anyway, hitting the post means you've missed. So does hitting the glass. Thought i'd explain my point in case you didn't understand.
no. hitting the post means you were 1mm off to the right or left. this 1mm is what made the difference, this is called luck.

TwinTurbo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 01:03 PM
  #60
1865
Registered User
 
1865's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Chester, UK
Country: England
Posts: 8,948
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinTurbo View Post
no. hitting the post means you were 1mm off to the right or left. this 1mm is what made the difference, this is called luck.
Yeh, so it means you've missed. No luck, you just aimed slightly off.

1865 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 01:06 PM
  #61
tinyzombies
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Calif via Montreal
Posts: 11,294
vCash: 500
I hope they learn their lesson soon. We need traffic at the net and a second man on the puck. We need to start winning some tight battles against a very determined and gritty Philadelphia team. We can't win this in transition and fancy perimeter plays, and Biron is getting a good look at everything. When he hasn't, it hits the post. Traffic is the answer.

Markov has to tape up his leg and take a cortisone shot (or whatever is bugging him) and start playing hockey. We need him to step it up or we aren't going that far anyway.

And we need secondary scoring from the Lapierre or Smolinski lines, or else get Ryder back in there.

Streit looks hurt, so limit his ice time to powerplays and get someone else in there.

O'Byrne is a big improvement over Brisebois in our end. Stay with it.

tinyzombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 01:10 PM
  #62
TwinTurbo
Registered User
 
TwinTurbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Country: North Korea
Posts: 1,315
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon View Post
Yeh, so it means you've missed. No luck, you just aimed slightly off.
no **** sherlock, of course its "technically" a miss. im not talking technicalities here. 1mm is luck in my book because you might as well have missed by 5 meters.

TwinTurbo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 01:25 PM
  #63
Jester
Registered User
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: St. Andrews
Country: Scotland
Posts: 34,075
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinTurbo View Post
no **** sherlock, of course its "technically" a miss. im not talking technicalities here. 1mm is luck in my book because you might as well have missed by 5 meters.
erm...that's not luck. a miss is a miss...a shot on net is a shot on net. do some inductive reasoning and you'll quickly figure out that the difference between 1mm and 5 feet ends up equating to the same thing, a miss. was 1mm closer? absolutely...do you think it's unlucky that THAT is where the shooter's shot went? he put it there, not some coin flip.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 01:32 PM
  #64
TroyM
Registered User
 
TroyM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,969
vCash: 500
Man are there are this many Hab fans over on the Flyers board, because these weenies (excuse my french) just can't seem to stay away. I never check over there because I literally don't care to watch Flyer fans rub oil all over themselves while singing Eye of the Tiger or God Bless America. Just seems odd to me that in a thread like this, clearly intended for HAB fans to gather and get excited for the next game, and to seek the positives of our teams play, there sure are a lot of greased up Flyer Fans spewing negativity.

But again, if there are this many of our posters over there then so be it, but if not, you fellas should head back home and stop bringing all your negative posts over here. I wish any Hab fans would do the same. Let each group have their fun on their board, I don't see why you need to defend your team so much. If you are up 2-1 and think you've been playing such good hockey to get that score, then you wouldn't be so insecure and need to jump in on any discussion of luck or the like. You should just enjoy your lead while ya got it, and let us hope for our team to come back strong tomorrow.

Just my two cents, I know it probably makes way too much sense for anyone engaging in the board-hopping to fathom though, so carry on. All my talk of oil and singing manly songs has distracted me too much to continue...

TroyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 01:36 PM
  #65
Jee
@DeuxiemeJumeau
 
Jee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Montréal
Country: Ireland
Posts: 16,798
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyM View Post
Man are there are this many Hab fans over on the Flyers board
yup, even more.

Jee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 01:37 PM
  #66
Brass
Registered User
 
Brass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: laurentides
Posts: 1,238
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HF-Addict View Post
Why do they dump the puck on the PP??? WHY????
I'd Like to know too , could cost us the series that duming

Brass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 01:41 PM
  #67
TroyM
Registered User
 
TroyM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,969
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffonfire View Post
yup, even more.
That's a bummer, but it doesn't change one iota of what I said or how strongly I meant it... I'm all for trash talking in the right context, but I would never do it over there because that's just rude. Wish people would smarten up. Hockey rivalries should be like ours with Boston or Toronto, lots of trash talking and aggression but no real ill-will or real hatred when you break it down. I was quite proud of our two fan bases during that whole series. This one is just messy. Does get the blood boiling though, and I can't imagine the joy I'll feel when we take the series.

TroyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 01:49 PM
  #68
Stradale
Registered User
 
Stradale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,000
vCash: 500
Ok, lets stop about the luck thing.

All the Habs has to do is to be more oppurtunist. We have several really good scoring chances in the last two games but didnt buried them. It has been 3 games in a row that we are trailing for at least 2 goals, so we need to score the first goal as well.

Biron is a streaky goalie, all our shots from the blue line without any traffic is giving him confidence, we need to score early in the game to kill his confidence.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 01:59 PM
  #69
Kalcon
 
Kalcon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Habland
Country: Canada
Posts: 310
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon View Post
Yeh, so it means you've missed. No luck, you just aimed slightly off.
So what's your definition of luck?

Would you define luck as a shot that's going wide hits a defenseman's skate, changes direction, hits the top of the goalie's glove, hits the post, hits the goalie's skate, and slides into the net? I think Mike Richards would.

My definition of luck is the fact that Francis Boullion doesn't have a broken neck!!!

We can pass it off as fate or use a more simplistic route like you and say that stuff just happens because of your own doing. That, to me, would be the lazy way out.

All I can say is that the Flyers are lucky that the Habs are unlucky!

Kalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 02:36 PM
  #70
tinyzombies
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Calif via Montreal
Posts: 11,294
vCash: 500
It's the Flyers that are dominating the scoring areas and boards imo, not us. We've had 4-5 posts from the perimeter, but very few guys are battling inside. Koivu is doing it ON ONE FOOT!

I'm sure the Flyers are happy to let us float around on the perimeter all we want. All they have to do is collapse in front and wait.

I think we're in for a big shock unless that changes. I don't see this is a case of us inevitably scoring, I see it as us being outplayed in the playoffs.

tinyzombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 02:47 PM
  #71
One Trick Pony
Registered User
 
One Trick Pony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,460
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon View Post
I'll respond to this though. Surprisingly, i was a hockey fan for 10 years before i was a Flyers fan. How strange.

Anyway, hitting the post means you've missed. So does hitting the glass. Thought i'd explain my point in case you didn't understand.
Don't you understand hitting a post means the goalie was beat but the puck still didn't go in? I agree posts happen and when it happens once every 2 games it's ok. But 6 posts in 2 games? Don't tell me that's not luck.

And you know what? You are fricking lucky Price sucks because if he played like he's supposed to, I don't think you'd even score once so far. Your team sucks compared to how boston was playing.

One Trick Pony is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 02:51 PM
  #72
badfish
Habs fan in SK
 
badfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: SK
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,790
vCash: 500
goooooooooooo habs go i believe still we've been dominating just please no more posts!!!

badfish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 03:01 PM
  #73
Karl Pilkington
Registered User
 
Karl Pilkington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,939
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon View Post
I'll respond to this though. Surprisingly, i was a hockey fan for 10 years before i was a Flyers fan. How strange.

Anyway, hitting the post means you've missed. So does hitting the glass. Thought i'd explain my point in case you didn't understand.
Just because your point is so weak that nobody agrees with it doesn't mean you have to explain it eight times.

Hitting the post = hitting the glass = hitting an old lady in the stands = hitting the outside of the rink = not even inside the rink = in my car eating a bag of Doritos.


Karl Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 03:02 PM
  #74
Krautso
Registered User
 
Krautso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,459
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eliash View Post
Don't you understand hitting a post means the goalie was beat but the puck still didn't go in? I agree posts happen and when it happens once every 2 games it's ok. But 6 posts in 2 games? Don't tell me that's not luck.

And you know what? You are fricking lucky Price sucks because if he played like he's supposed to, I don't think you'd even score once so far. Your team sucks compared to how boston was playing.
Not luck. MTL is in complete control of whether they finish their chances. They have to be better on both ends to win this series.

As a Habs fan I'm hoping Carbo walks into that dressing room and tells them they all have to be better. They need better focus and they have to finish plays. You can't lose a series on "bad luck". We may have seen flashes that MTL has the skill/team to win this series but they have to get it done. They have to not only shoot it at biron, they have to chase that puck right into the net. Get a few ugly ones, the pretty ones will take care of themselves.

Hand it to philly they've had some outstanding goaltending and have done just enough to win the last two games (though I don't subscribe to their game 1 conspiracy theory..MTL deserved that game for the same reason)...

Krautso is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 03:48 PM
  #75
Nitehowl
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: BC Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 911
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyM View Post
Man are there are this many Hab fans over on the Flyers board, because these weenies (excuse my french) just can't seem to stay away. I never check over there because I literally don't care to watch Flyer fans rub oil all over themselves while singing Eye of the Tiger or God Bless America. Just seems odd to me that in a thread like this, clearly intended for HAB fans to gather and get excited for the next game, and to seek the positives of our teams play, there sure are a lot of greased up Flyer Fans spewing negativity.

But again, if there are this many of our posters over there then so be it, but if not, you fellas should head back home and stop bringing all your negative posts over here. I wish any Hab fans would do the same. Let each group have their fun on their board, I don't see why you need to defend your team so much. If you are up 2-1 and think you've been playing such good hockey to get that score, then you wouldn't be so insecure and need to jump in on any discussion of luck or the like. You should just enjoy your lead while ya got it, and let us hope for our team to come back strong tomorrow.

Just my two cents, I know it probably makes way too much sense for anyone engaging in the board-hopping to fathom though, so carry on. All my talk of oil and singing manly songs has distracted me too much to continue...


I think the problem over there is not many real intelligent hockey fans so they have to go look for something to argue about

Nitehowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:37 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.