HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Montreal Canadiens = MIA

Old
04-29-2008, 01:54 PM
fufonzo

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to fufonzo Send a message via MSN to fufonzo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tout ptit View Post
The day a team can win by hitting posts, I'll care, until then, who gives a ****?

Explain to me how come no one on this team is willing to go in front of the net and pay the price?
One guy did it last night, Koivu, and guess what, he scored on one of those juicy Biron rebounds.

Yes, we won all year but the playoffs require you to play a different game. You need to pay the price because you'll need scrappy goals which is something we're not getting.
The point is we outplayed them. We outplayed them the entire game. We outchanced them and outshot them. We hit many many posts. We just got extremely unlucky and are facing Biron who's playing over his head (I don't think it'll last).

The Habs will come out of this series if they keep giving they effort they have been giving.

fufonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 02:03 PM
compile
Give me Scotch!

vCash: 483
Send a message via Skype™ to compile
Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
It appears that CH is so complacent and pleased with themselves that they need to create some kind of crisis to motivate themselves to play up to their potential.

On paper, CH is a better team but this is a dangerous formula, esp. looking at the character on the Philadelphia team.

Look down their roster. They're full of players who know how to win. Mike Richards, Scottie Upshall, Jeff Carter, Captain Smith, etc...these are guys who've history of winning...esp. in International competition against European player, which so many of CH players are!

CH needs to show up for the whole 60 minutes each game if they have any hope of moving on.

Smart'en up CH and realize that you are wearing the revered CH logo on your chests!
Not a single player you mentioned has won anything outside of Junior hockey.

This is like your "Not enough Canadians on the team" thread and you are disguising it.
You don't need Canadians to win anything. You need drive and passion. Look at A.O, he's Russian... he has the drive and passion to win, and quiet frankly wait until you see Washington next year.

They have out chanced the Flyers. Out shot the Flyers. They just can't finish. This has become a soccer game where 1 team can dominate for 89mins, only to allow that 1 goal to lose. The Flyers also trap and line up 4 on their blue line which forces the Canadiens to play perimeter hockey, and slows them down. If they want to win, they need to play their game which they haven't since game 7 vs Boston.
If Montreal loses tomorrow, the season is done as I really doubt they will come back from being down 3-1.

Old
04-29-2008, 02:10 PM
JV

I don't think we've outplayed the Flyers. Except for games 1 and 7, I don't think we outplayed the Bruins.

We need more jump and more crash. I would add Ryder to the mix. Even when the puck wasn't going in for him, he was skating hard, taking the body, and getting the forecheck going. I think he'd be more effective than Dandenault or Streit up front. And since Streit gets important minutes on the pp, Dandy should be the one to sit.

Stick with O'Byrne, and give Price something to clear the cobwebs out of his brain. I'm not saying most of the goals have been soft, but he's so mellow back there you'd think he's sniffing glue....

JV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 02:25 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tout ptit View Post
The day a team can win by hitting posts, I'll care, until then, who gives a ****?

Explain to me how come no one on this team is willing to go in front of the net and pay the price?
One guy did it last night, Koivu, and guess what, he scored on one of those juicy Biron rebounds.

Yes, we won all year but the playoffs require you to play a different game. You need to pay the price because you'll need scrappy goals which is something we're not getting.
Im so sick of all the people dissing the Habs, as if we are playing like the worst team in the world.

Stop watching 110% and listening to those open call lines on the radio.
We have outplayed the Flyers, plain and simple. Koivu said it best, when you outshot your opponant by 20shots, you're suppose to win.

Bottom line is Price has been oridinary to weak since the beginning of the Series. He was the difference maker in some games in Boston, but so far has done nothing against the Flyers.

Not only have we been hitting the post way too often, but the Flyers are extremely lucky with their bounces. Their weak shots deflect off people and go in, Price drops the puck , lands on a knee and goes in, Brisebois scores in our net, when we get an open net it hopes over the stick, etc and etc..

You people talk as if the Canadiens are playing bad, they're not!.
Price has been weak and Biron has a stick up his a**. Thats all there is to it.
Flyers are extremely lucky to be up 2-1 in this serie. You simply are not suppose to win when you shoot 14 times on net, you just dont!..3 of those shots are definitely not supposed to go in either.

To blame the rest of the team is ridiculous, you can put as many bodies you want in front of the net and you can finish as much as you want, we're not gonna win with the same type of goaltending we've had from Price these last 2 games. Plain and Simple.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 02:30 PM
David

Quote:
Originally Posted by fufonzo View Post
The point is we outplayed them. We outplayed them the entire game. We outchanced them and outshot them. We hit many many posts. We just got extremely unlucky and are facing Biron who's playing over his head (I don't think it'll last).

The Habs will come out of this series if they keep giving they effort they have been giving.
Disagree. We did not outplay them except for the last 15 minutes.

The hustle was not there and the desperation was not there. Esp. from the Belarussian and russian players on the team. Even Markov has been terrible for some time now.

No one was taking away Philly's space and time that is so pivotal in Playoff Hockey. Instead, the less talented Philly players were taking away CH's space and time which was forcing CH to play timidly.

The shots on net really skew this fact because CH took a lot of shots but they were all harmless perimeter shots because no one was driving to the net or muck it up in front of the net to screen Biron.

It's pretty apparant that many of this year's version of CH players are allergic to pain!

What we need are guys like Ethan Moreau, who'll block a shot with his hands (which he has done before against Detroit) in the playoffs in order to win!

David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 02:35 PM
David

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForzaHabs View Post
Not a single player you mentioned has won anything outside of Junior hockey.
This is like your "Not enough Canadians on the team" thread and you are disguising it.
You don't need Canadians to win anything. You need drive and passion. Look at A.O, he's Russian... he has the drive and passion to win, and quiet frankly wait until you see Washington next year.

They have out chanced the Flyers. Out shot the Flyers. They just can't finish. This has become a soccer game where 1 team can dominate for 89mins, only to allow that 1 goal to lose. The Flyers also trap and line up 4 on their blue line which forces the Canadiens to play perimeter hockey, and slows them down. If they want to win, they need to play their game which they haven't since game 7 vs Boston.
If Montreal loses tomorrow, the season is done as I really doubt they will come back from being down 3-1.
That's because they are all just starting out in NHL except for Jason Smith who's captained the Albany River Rats to the Calder Cup and was part (although a small part) of the the Stanley Cup winning team in New Jersey before his trade to Toronto.

David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 02:57 PM
znk

This board still pisses me off even if I try to visit only once a day.

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 03:41 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Disagree. We did not outplay them except for the last 15 minutes.

The hustle was not there and the desperation was not there. Esp. from the Belarussian and russian players on the team. Even Markov has been terrible for some time now.

No one was taking away Philly's space and time that is so pivotal in Playoff Hockey. Instead, the less talented Philly players were taking away CH's space and time which was forcing CH to play timidly.

The shots on net really skew this fact because CH took a lot of shots but they were all harmless perimeter shots because no one was driving to the net or muck it up in front of the net to screen Biron.

It's pretty apparant that many of this year's version of CH players are allergic to pain!

What we need are guys like Ethan Moreau, who'll block a shot with his hands (which he has done before against Detroit) in the playoffs in order to win!
I think you should go back on the RDS forums, you're just ridiculous.

We didn't take away the space of Philly?..yea i guess that's why Briere has been able to skate freely everywhere and be dominant...Oh wait, he's been a ghost.
But maybe thats why they had tons of shots and quality scoring chances, oh wait Price has allowed 10Goals in 68Shots in 3Games and we're dominating them in both shots and QUALITY scoring chances.

Do you have inside access to the Habs?..How do you know some guys aren't playing injured?..

Ethan Moreau would bring us the cup..of course..Wasn't Komisarek's leading in block shots?..what about Begin that jumps in front of every puck? or Kosto..Lapierre..even Koivu already did it!..
Are you actually questioning how much our players want to win??..This when we're only losing 2-1 and we dominated the Flyers for 2Games.

If our goalies were reversed, it'd be 3-0 for us by now and you wouldn't be making a complete a** out of yourself.

Take your crappy little arguments to the rds forums where you'll find a bunch of clueless morons to chat with.

Old
04-29-2008, 03:43 PM
SarahCrash

MIA.

where's Price... no problem there... he's in the net.

problem is, that's where the puck is, too.

SarahCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 04:28 PM
Teufelsdreck

The Habs can't win if they don't advantage of their PP opportunities. They had plenty, including 5-on-3, but they needed a 5-minute PP to score at a stage when the Flyers PK was a bit fatigued.

Time and after time the Habs shot the puck in, only to see a Flyer get the puck and shoot it down the ice and eat up valuable seconds. I wasn't counting but my impression was that Markov was at fault a lot of the time. Streit didn't seem to be much better. Biron made some fine saves but the shooting seemed to be off target.

The crusher came with that too many men on the ice penaty late in the 3rd period after the Habs had score their 2 PP goals.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 04:50 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
The Habs can't win if they don't advantage of their PP opportunities. They had plenty, including 5-on-3, but they needed a 5-minute PP to score at a stage when the Flyers PK was a bit fatigued.

Time and after time the Habs shot the puck in, only to see a Flyer get the puck and shoot it down the ice and eat up valuable seconds. I wasn't counting but my impression was that Markov was at fault a lot of the time. Streit didn't seem to be much better. Biron made some fine saves but the shooting seemed to be off target.

The crusher came with that too many men on the ice penaty late in the 3rd period after the Habs had score their 2 PP goals.
That's not their fault really. Im pretty sure they're getting the order of shooting the puck in. The problem is, when they do all the players are more in a standing position rather than already skating. So the Flyers get to the puck quicker. Also Biron stops the puck a lot which helps his defenders a lot too.

The Habs are forced to dump and chase when all their players are about controling the puck. So it obviously makes a weaker PP.
Because their PP has struggled, when they do settle down, they'll take bad decisions because they want it to work so well, they stress and make mistakes.

Old
04-29-2008, 05:01 PM
HotPie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
That's not their fault really. Im pretty sure they're getting the order of shooting the puck in. The problem is, when they do all the players are more in a standing position rather than already skating. So the Flyers get to the puck quicker. Also Biron stops the puck a lot which helps his defenders a lot too.

The Habs are forced to dump and chase when all their players are about controling the puck. So it obviously makes a weaker PP.
Because their PP has struggled, when they do settle down, they'll take bad decisions because they want it to work so well, they stress and make mistakes.
Doesn't that come down to the players fault though? Call it lack of confidence, call it stress, they're simply not executing. How many clear breakaways have we missed? How many open nets have we flubbed upon? Those posts wouldn't even matter if our players were executing, but for whatever reason they're not.

I'm not trying to be negative, I'm just trying to be realistic. Are the Flyers getting all the right bounces? Yes. I am super worried? Not yet. I think we can still win this series in 6.

Fact is though, if we were getting quality goaltending and our players were executing properly, we probably wouldn't even be having this discussion. Bottom line is: Flyers are BURYING THEIR CHANCES...we are not. They are getting quality goaltending, we are not.

You can only blame luck and bad bounces so far.

HotPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 06:02 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotPie View Post
Doesn't that come down to the players fault though? Call it lack of confidence, call it stress, they're simply not executing. How many clear breakaways have we missed? How many open nets have we flubbed upon? Those posts wouldn't even matter if our players were executing, but for whatever reason they're not.

I'm not trying to be negative, I'm just trying to be realistic. Are the Flyers getting all the right bounces? Yes. I am super worried? Not yet. I think we can still win this series in 6.

Fact is though, if we were getting quality goaltending and our players were executing properly, we probably wouldn't even be having this discussion. Bottom line is: Flyers are BURYING THEIR CHANCES...we are not. They are getting quality goaltending, we are not.

You can only blame luck and bad bounces so far.
I agree on 50%..Flyers aren't burying their chances. A lot of their goals wouldnt even be considered scoring chances if they were saved by Price. They have just been lucky.
They didn't get open nets, they didn't get breakaways, they didn't even have a lot of solid scoring chances, they didn't hit posts. They shoot the puck in the middle of the net and it still goes in.

Flyers have all the bounces going for them on offense and on defense.

Old
04-29-2008, 06:04 PM
Guillemin

Second round is good enough, I guess.

The team is not complacent, but Markov sure as hell is. And Kovalev is on every other night at least.

The number of powerplays we had last game was embarrassing, and our performance on those PPs was even more embarrassing.

Guillemin is offline   Reply With Quote