HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Marek Malik where r u????

Old
04-29-2008, 03:14 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Marek Malik where r u????

based on him not playing in the playoffs, i think he is officially done with the team. I know I bashed him, alot of us have. But is Malik hurt or is this a sign of goodbye??? i think hed be an upgrade over backman.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 03:35 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

You've gotta be kidding me Jorts.

Now you want him to play?

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 03:35 PM
FrolundasFinest

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCallahan43 View Post
based on him not playing in the playoffs, i think he is officially done with the team. I know I bashed him, alot of us have. But is Malik hurt or is this a sign of goodbye??? i think hed be an upgrade over backman.
I think a Dog on roller skates is an upgrade on Backman. I feel like I am going to puke everytime I see him on the ice. I would let him go back to St. Louis and give them a 2nd rounder so that I never have to see him in Ranger Blue again.

He takes too many penalties, he doesn't take the body, he never shoots and when he does he either hits the net above the boards or scores, he is not the answer to any of our problems, except maybe a shortage of Swedes on the team.

I think we need Studs or Malik back for this one. I want Malik gone as bad if not worse than the rest of you, but Backman is a defensive plague. Our defense has gotten worse since he got here because they have all come into contact with his lack of ability, well its either that or they are too busy compensating for his lack of hockey IQ, or general IQ.

I want one of them in for this game, and Renney putting in Struds yesterday during practice made me so happy.

Ok, thanks for reading my little rant. I feel better, I had been looking for a reason to go off on the plague for awhile. Let's Go Rangers!!!

FrolundasFinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 03:39 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrolundasFinest View Post
I think a Dog on roller skates is an upgrade on Backman. I feel like I am going to puke everytime I see him on the ice. I would let him go back to St. Louis and give them a 2nd rounder so that I never have to see him in Ranger Blue again.

He takes too many penalties, he doesn't take the body, he never shoots and when he does he either hits the net above the boards or scores, he is not the answer to any of our problems, except maybe a shortage of Swedes on the team.

I think we need Studs or Malik back for this one. I want Malik gone as bad if not worse than the rest of you, but Backman is a defensive plague. Our defense has gotten worse since he got here because they have all come into contact with his lack of ability, well its either that or they are too busy compensating for his lack of hockey IQ, or general IQ.

I want one of them in for this game, and Renney putting in Struds yesterday during practice made me so happy.

Ok, thanks for reading my little rant. I feel better, I had been looking for a reason to go off on the plague for awhile. Let's Go Rangers!!!
backman is playing

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 03:40 PM
TomLaidlaw

I don't think Renney realizes that just because you trade for someone it doesn't mean you have to play them in every single game for the rest of the year.

TomLaidlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 03:46 PM
levski87

A little fun facts for the moron who started this thread. Christian Backman so far during this playoffs is a +2. In the Pittsburgh series, he has been in the box once, a total of 2 minutes!!! (OMG, 1 penalty!! )... A goal was never scored on during his shift.. but look.. the backman haters are out..

levski87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 03:58 PM
Fletch

So because...

a player is +2 he's sound defensively? So there's no need to then watch games to evaluate talent because all the information we need in available at a click of the button on the Internet. Fire the scouts, the stats say it all.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 04:18 PM
Fletch

RCally...

I think the writing's been on the wall for Malik throughout the season. We a crop of younger defensemen, it seemed to be time to move on. On another note, I think it's tough to insert a guy like Malik, having not played in a while, and expecting him to be sharp. I think it's a lot easier for a guy like Prucha, or another forward, to come off the bench to play five minutes, but a defenseman like Malik, who lumbers out there anyways, may find it tough to adapt.

Old
04-29-2008, 04:20 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
I don't know if Orts is being serious, but I hardly think Malik is a difference maker in this series.

04-29-2008, 04:21 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by levski87 View Post
A little fun facts for the moron who started this thread. Christian Backman so far during this playoffs is a +2. In the Pittsburgh series, he has been in the box once, a total of 2 minutes!!! (OMG, 1 penalty!! )... A goal was never scored on during his shift.. but look.. the backman haters are out..
Ah, so that's my mistake: I've been watching the games rather than following the stats. But, I've always been a big believer in what Mark Twain said.

Brooklyn Ranger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 04:23 PM
eco's bones

Backman may be a +2 but he's been shaky throughout. He's added very little offense which is the main reason I can see playing him over Malik. Honestly I would have had Malik in a game or two ago.

eco's bones is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 04:26 PM
Fletch

Considering one goal...

was scored in the last game (that wasn't an empty netter), probably not, Singn', but of course it does change the game entirely and perhaps a Malik/Rozsival pairing get Jagr a point, which is what would've been a difference-maker in the last game, all else being equal. Could've been worse. Of course, six chances on the PP and zero goals doesn't help one bit, and Malik wasn't helping there. Seems like we talked about the PP's problems all season and here it was in the most important game of the season (think we've said that 20 times too), and it failed once again.

Old
04-29-2008, 04:26 PM
levski87

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
Backman may be a +2 but he's been shaky throughout. He's added very little offense which is the main reason I can see playing him over Malik. Honestly I would have had Malik in a game or two ago.

Why?... No one remembers that Malik is slow as hell... and vs a Pittsburgh team, at LEAST backman keeps up and adds as much offense as he can. He's due. I call him to score tonight.

levski87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 04:35 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
was scored in the last game (that wasn't an empty netter), probably not, Singn', but of course it does change the game entirely and perhaps a Malik/Rozsival pairing get Jagr a point, which is what would've been a difference-maker in the last game, all else being equal. Could've been worse. Of course, six chances on the PP and zero goals doesn't help one bit, and Malik wasn't helping there. Seems like we talked about the PP's problems all season and here it was in the most important game of the season (think we've said that 20 times too), and it failed once again.
A Rozsival/Malik pairing also takes time away from Staal which I don't like. Unless you are pairing Malik and Mara. Or you're playing Mara and Staal as your top pair (which, if Malik plays, would be my choice).

Regardless, I'm not sure how Malik improves the PP.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 04:39 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Malik was gone after he dissed TR.

Plus he would get smoked in this series

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 04:42 PM
Blueshirt Brawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCallahan43 View Post
i think hed be an upgrade over backman.
Uh, hell no. Good bye, good riddance.

Blueshirt Brawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 04:46 PM
Fletch

Taking time from Staal...

isn't something I want to do - although I'd like to do whatever it takes to get Jagr generating a couple goals. Agree totally on the PP - but there's also on reason why this team should be shutout at ES too.

Having said all that, I'm not sure Malik is the answer and don't think he comes into the lineup without any rust and is immediately helpful. It's not like he's going out there to forecheck and throw a couple hits in a few minutes of game time.

In any event, you'll see what happens tonight (I say you'll because Cablevision f'd me for the second straight day - I've had Time Warner for almost 20 years and not that I move across a street, I'm a Cablevision customer - what was my point? I'm missing the game and instead get to spend quality time with the wife, dog and kid while there's a hockey game being played - seven TVs, no hockey).

Old
04-29-2008, 04:55 PM
gaels22

Quote:
Originally Posted by levski87 View Post
wasn't backman the one that got worked by crosby for the pens second goal first game

gaels22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 05:07 PM
hlundqvist30*

If Backman needs to be replaced, then I can assure you that the answer isn't owned by the Rangers in regards to this season. Malik or Backman, it won't make a difference.

hlundqvist30* is offline   Reply With Quote