HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Cristobal Huet

Old
04-29-2008, 12:17 PM
StanAjax

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Gerber View Post
He has less consistency than Gerber? Wow, you know you're in trouble when...
Well, Gerber is very consistent in his sucking. On the other hand, Huet gets hot and looks like a top goaltender at some times.

StanAjax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 12:19 PM
Puckhead58*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania View Post
Huet is out of the playoffs.... He didn't stop philly... he got lit up like a christmas tree in the early part of that series... He is not clutch... Price shut out the bruins in game 7. Won game 4 with a 1-0 shutout... End of story.

Yeah....and how well is Price doing now?

I'm not trying to bash Price at all here, but Huet also isn't as bad as you would have people believe either!!

Puckhead58* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 12:46 PM
Alex HABensky

Yeap, its easier to believe now that he is much weaker than Price. and his presence wouldn't change anything..

Alex HABensky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 12:48 PM
DG

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanAjax View Post
Well, Gerber is very consistent in his sucking. On the other hand, Huet gets hot and looks like a top goaltender at some times.
Fair enough. He's mostly consistent in that way.

However, when he plays his best 10 games of the year, usually in one streak, he has the ability to be Luongo good. Unfortunately, when he's not, he's really really really bad.

DG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 12:57 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckhead58 View Post
Yeah....and how well is Price doing now?

I'm not trying to bash Price at all here, but Huet also isn't as bad as you would have people believe either!!
Name me one clutch game Huet has ever won in his life?? You cant cause their simply isn't one.

Even in 06 we backed into the playoffs....

Now name the clutch games price has won. Semi and gold medal at the WJC... all the games leading to a calder cup... game 7 vs Boston.

If Huet was our starter we'd already be out.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 06:08 PM
Cristobal Huet

Send a message via MSN to Cristobal Huet
Beaker, I'm sorry, I respect you as a person on these boards but I vividly disagree.

If Huet were still here I'd believe we'd be doing much better these series, because as of now, Huet's numbers are pwning Price's vs Philly, so let's not get carried away here.

Price has been brutal for the past 6 games or so, and it's funny to see all the excuses people make for him but couldn't make for Huet in his time here.

whatever, next game will be better, I hope.

Cristobal Huet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 06:10 PM
flyers156

He's a bit of a diver, but he's a GREAT goalie and kept that WSH series close.

flyers156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 06:11 PM
Cristobal Huet

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers156 View Post
He's a bit of a diver, but he's a GREAT goalie and kept that WSH series close.
I agree with the 2nd part, but the first one is outrageous.

So yeah, he dives if Hartnell comes and rubs his head into the ice and then he defends himself, oh and he dove on that 2nd goal when 2 players crashed into him in Game 7 too...

Old
04-29-2008, 06:11 PM
Montreal Shadow

I'm starting to think Gainey pulled out one of the dumbest moves of the season. Huet is entering his prime and he trades him? Why didn't he play him, meanwhile developping Price and when Price he's finally ready(about 23-24) he trades Huet and plays Price.

Montreal Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 06:37 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristobal Huet View Post
Beaker, I'm sorry, I respect you as a person on these boards but I vividly disagree.

If Huet were still here I'd believe we'd be doing much better these series, because as of now, Huet's numbers are pwning Price's vs Philly, so let's not get carried away here.

Price has been brutal for the past 6 games or so, and it's funny to see all the excuses people make for him but couldn't make for Huet in his time here.

whatever, next game will be better, I hope.
we never would have got past Boston with Huet in net.

Fish on The Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 06:42 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
He put up a shutout in game seven of his first ever playoff series for Christ's sake.

And if people make more excuses for Price than Huet, this could be a reason why - he's ten years younger in his first ever NHL season! Why shouldn't he get more breaks than Huet??

I do think Huet's "anti-clutchness" is a bit overstated by some Habs fans but let's call a spade a spade here...

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 07:14 PM
flyers156

Quote:
I agree with the 2nd part, but the first one is outrageous.

So yeah, he dives if Hartnell comes and rubs his head into the ice and then he defends himself, oh and he dove on that 2nd goal when 2 players crashed into him in Game 7 too...
I'm calling them like I see them. Those two weren't dives but he does flop quite a bit.

To be fair to you, I will admit Biron whines like a biatch after every goal.

Old
04-29-2008, 07:14 PM
torero

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanAjax View Post
Gerber consistent in his sucking ? i think you have not watched any of his games. At the beginning of the year he even made a shutout with 52 shots !!! He played lights and without his game at the beginning of the season ... no way Sens would have made it to the playoffs. I believe that you typed some words with no connection to the reality.
Qualify him as inconsistent in playing if you have a bias against him and want to ignore all things that were going on in the team but qualifying him as consistently sucking is simplistic and totaly unreal.

Both are of about the same level. IMO Gerber is a bit better.

He sure helped Washinton as far as he could, yet Caps were also having a bad goalie before ... namely kolzig. the improvement was obvious.

He was traded because Habs have a young star in his firs NHL year ... Price and a very good backup Halak(who was in AHL before and who solidly played playoff games last year). So to optimize the field players they trated him. Avoiding Halak to leave and giving the #1 place to Price. (smart)

You can safely say that Huet is a top 10-20 goalies of the league.

torero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 07:17 PM
JustJen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand View Post
we never would have got past Boston with Huet in net.
I strongly disagree. Huet has always been a Bruins killer. He's got fantastic stats against them..what makes you think he wouldn't have played a great series?

JustJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 07:22 PM
flyers156

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJen View Post
I strongly disagree. Huet has always been a Bruins killer. He's got fantastic stats against them..what makes you think he wouldn't have played a great series?
Agreed.

IMO, Huet was pretty much the only reason they hung around that long in the first round. He had a fantastic series.

Old
04-29-2008, 07:29 PM
Galchenyuk x 27

vCash: 1651
i cant believe you people

Huet belongs to the Washington Capitals, has been golfing for a week and were arguing over who is better even if its 2 full months that he is gone.

WHO THE **** CARES who is better?
Our goalie is Carey Price, the kid is good, he will be great, everyone has bad games, get over it.

it doesnt make sence how people still argue the trade. Do I need to draw a picture?
the goalie market in the NHL SUCKS!, you wont get much for a goalie and thats a known fact unless his name is Brodeur, Luongo, Kiprusoff and maybe a few others.
He is UFA...whats better, losing him for nothing, or getting a draft pick? Its a pretty easy decision.

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 07:45 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
The nature of the series. I don't think he could have rebounded in game 7 to win it for us, and he certainly was not capable of flat out stealing games 2 and 4 for us.

Fish on The Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 07:47 PM
Cristobal Huet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand View Post
The nature of the series. I don't think he could have rebounded in game 7 to win it for us, and he certainly was not capable of flat out stealing games 2 and 4 for us.
Seem to have forgotten Huet is a Bruins killer and is doing a lot better vs the Flyers than Price has so far?

yeah...

vs Flyers Huet had a 2.92 GAA and a .910 SVPCT and he flat out played great after Games 1-3.
Price has allowed 10 goals on 68 shots in 3 games with a 3.85 GAA and a .851 save percentage.

just saying...

Old
04-29-2008, 07:58 PM
JrHockeyFan

Quote:
Seem to have forgotten Huet is a Bruins killer and is doing a lot better vs the Flyers than Price has so far?

yeah...

vs Flyers Huet had a 2.92 GAA and a .910 SVPCT and he flat out played great after Games 1-3.
Price has allowed 10 goals on 68 shots in 3 games with a 3.85 GAA and a .851 save percentage.

just saying...
We might as well discuss what woulda happened if Superman fought for the Nazis in WW2. What's the point. Shoulda coulda woulda

You are gonna keep saying we are better off having Huet in net. The fact is that he is in Washington pending UFA moves.

I like Huet but I see absolutely nothing to convince me we would be further ahead with him still in Montreal. If he got the Caps past NYR you might be able to say that, but he did not. So just let it die already

JrHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 10:58 PM
Kikizaz

Quote:
Name me one clutch game Huet has ever won in his life?? You cant cause their simply isn't one.

Now name the clutch games price has won. Semi and gold medal at the WJC... all the games leading to a calder cup... game 7 vs Boston.

one clutch game? how about 5-0 rangers comeback. We pulled price in that one, huet comes and bingo. a WIN!

Kikizaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 11:02 PM
Galchenyuk x 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikizaz View Post
one clutch game? how about 5-0 rangers comeback. We pulled price in that one, huet comes and bingo. a WIN!
yes, because that was ALLLLLLL Huet

huet scored 5 goals and one in a shootout for us to win that game.
Do you know what it means for a goalie to steal a game?

its not when the other team sits on a big league and lets the other team back in the game.

Huet played a big part in that win, yes but HE did not steal that game

Old
04-29-2008, 11:05 PM
redmachine54

Quote:
I wouldn't necessarily cite that as a 'clutch' game. It wasn't like Price let in all five goals; he let in 3 on 10 shots or something, and Huet let in two. I think the comeback had a lot more to do with the skaters than Huet or Price.

redmachine54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 11:08 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
The entire Habs team were Bruins killers. Our PP was a Bruin killer. Guess what happened? Our offense dried up, our PP went dead, and we still went 7 games with them. If that series didn't teach us all that you can throw the regular season out the window, nothing will.

Quote:
Huet was great the shootout (even though he was beaten by Jagr only to see the puck trickle wide) but he also let in 2 goals after replacing Price when it was 3-0. So let's not get too crazy with our praise here...

Anyway this entire topic is reflective of the nature of Hab fans in general, always thinking the grass is greener on the other side. When Huet was here, people couldn't wait to ship him out and hand the reins over to Price. Now that Price is struggling, people are pining for Huet. It's almost amusing.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 11:24 PM
Galchenyuk x 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by pam19 View Post
Some of us will never agree that Huet was very good for us.

When Price went to Hamilton, after a few bad games, Huet did win a streak of games for us. Actually, he his the goaler that put the Habs back in line to win the champioship... No denying about that. Team played astoundingly well including Huet.

I still agree with Gainey/Carbo decision on the long run. I also think that Price will come back. He just needs the flyers to soot at him 40 times... Don't let this guy go to sleep...

But denying the skills and habilities of Huet does not make Price better.
Huet is a great goaler and he should only improve.
Price should be a concession goaler, a Luongo, a Kiprusoff, a Nabokov. But he is 20! We are all hoping it will be there this year... If not, next year is 100th year of the Habs....
Huet is a good goaltender. NOT a great goaltender.

Old
04-29-2008, 11:37 PM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:

Totally speculative with no basis.
I'd argue that with Huet there would have been no need for a game 7 in round 1.

How many WJC, Calder Cup final and game 7's has Huet lost? It's as valid an argument as asking how many he's won.

Agnostic is offline   Reply With Quote