HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

which center does CBJ target in the offseason?

Old
04-29-2008, 06:20 PM
Renion

vCash: 500
Fritsche's a piece I'd hate to lose. He was often the catalyst for third-period resurgences by the Jackets. We have a lot of energy guys, but Danny's shown on-ice leadership abilities beyond any of the others--and he can actually score at critical times during the game. I'd hate to lose that. He seems like the type of player that'd shine once the Jackets actually made the playoffs, assuming his bad luck with injuries didn't continue.

Renion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 07:18 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renion View Post
Fritsche's a piece I'd hate to lose. He was often the catalyst for third-period resurgences by the Jackets. We have a lot of energy guys, but Danny's shown on-ice leadership abilities beyond any of the others--and he can actually score at critical times during the game. I'd hate to lose that. He seems like the type of player that'd shine once the Jackets actually made the playoffs, assuming his bad luck with injuries didn't continue.
Agreed, Danny not only bleeds Blue Jacket he is a home town hero as well. I hope this dude from Edmonton (Howson) learned his lesson after trading away our Jody Shelley. There is someting to be said about knowing the history of a city and a team when you are an outsider.

As for Jordan Staal, he is signed with Pittsburgh through next season but the Pens must look beyond next year if they want to pay everyone. If I where the GM of the CBJ I'd be on the phone with a trade offer for him-he is awesome.

Pittsbrurgh is the team Mr. Howson should be scouting, they cannot keep everyone.

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 07:40 PM
LaCosta Nostra

I would really hate to lose Fritsche because he's switched on every night. Like it's been stated before, when the CBJ lose, he takes it especially hard. That's the kind of guy we need to clone a few times.

Unfortunately/fortunately (depending on how you look at it) that may be a good draw for another team's interest for a trade. 25+ pts a season, good defensively, not a bad 3rd/4th liner for sure.

Pride of Parma!

LaCosta Nostra is offline   Reply With Quote