HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

GDT (ECSF Game 3) PITT @ NYR 7 PM MSG

Closed Thread

Old
04-29-2008, 09:09 PM
In The Flesh

vCash: 500
Inless we make a trade, letting Jagr, Straka, Shanny etc walk will make us dumpster divers, we will be horrible. Gomez and Drury cannot carry this team, they can't, they're not those type of players.

I disagree with a lot of you wanting Mara gone, I really like him over Rozi, Malik, and Backman. I really hope Mara gets resigned.

Old
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Jagr: "Next game could be my last game, let's make it special"

Old
NYRaNgErS99112

Send a message via AIM to NYRaNgErS99112
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR2K5 View Post
Anyone who blames tonight's loss on Jagr has their right to an opinion revoked. The guy proved he is still an absolute beast. If this is the end for him, I am going to be sad to see him go.
Absolutely the biggest if not the only bright spot for the Rangers in this game. Like I said before, I've never seen the guy play with that much passion, and he certainly picked the right time to do so, it's just a shame that there wasn't much else to smile about tonight.

Old
In The Flesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by PruBlue25 View Post
Jagr: "Next game could be my last game, let's make it special"
he said that????????? Oh wow. Help us

Old
noupf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psykedout66 View Post
Jagr just said "Might be my last game, lets make it special" when asked about Thurs night, I have a funny feeling he is definitely gone........
He has no desire anymore. No desire = Take care, i dont want you on my team anymore !

Old
04-29-2008, 09:10 PM
Madik77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fataldogg View Post
This wins for the most idiotic comment of the night.
+1
yes I am with you

Old
04-29-2008, 09:10 PM
gabevh3

Send a message via AIM to gabevh3 Send a message via Yahoo to gabevh3
there must be another curse on this team.. must be some wiccan/s whos a ranger hater doin this lol

Old
04-29-2008, 09:11 PM
sickboy35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumsh View Post
I actually think one of the biggest factor of this loss was some bad bounces.
Yes, they made some mistakes. Yes, Hollweg took a VERY stupid penalty. But if that Gomes shot goes in, rather than hits the post and/or Malking's shot goes out rather than in after it hits the post (I heard a ping) it's a different game. There was the time when it puck squirted past Fleury's legs and was sitting on the goal line for a while.
It seems that when we redirect a shot, it hits the post or it goes wide. When the PEns redirect one, it finds Lundqvist's 5-hole or squirts just between his arm and his pad. Part pf that I think is that the Pens have more skill, but part of it is also just bad luck. And the Penguins are too good a team for the Rangers to beat without any luck, when instead the Penguins get the lucky breaks, it spells disaster.

I think it may be too late now. But the way this game was played, with just a few minor tweaks and some puck luck, and the Rangers could have won a 7 game series against this team.
i like your positive attitude but we just don't have the horses to win 4 in row, i want to think we can but our forwards and defence is just not good enough, they need to get a sniper or two and pp qb because rosie sucks and is to indecisive!

Old
04-29-2008, 09:12 PM
Super Reverse Homer

Send a message via AIM to Super Reverse Homer Send a message via MSN to Super Reverse Homer
Quote:
Originally Posted by noupf View Post
He has no desire anymore. No desire = Take care, i dont want you on my team anymore !
Oh shut the **** up. Even as a fan of the opposing team, shut the **** up.

The guy gets mad props from most Pens fans tonight. He played hard and played big. No desire?

It may just be a way for him to get the Rags fired up for the next game. I wouldn't read too much into it yet.

Old
NYRaNgErS99112

Send a message via AIM to NYRaNgErS99112
Quote:
Originally Posted by otterulz View Post

And to cap off my night, I can watch the Mets bullpen try and lose a game.......to Pittsburgh.
Well, at least all isn't bad...nice job by Schoeneweis and Duaner working out of that trouble (from what I've heard listening to the game anyway, Im still a little bit too devastated to really pay attention to my beloved Metropolitans right now). Sandman time.

Old
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

BTW, Perry Pearn must go. Powerplay SUCKS SUCKS SUCKS. They say that they preach this and that. Well the players aren't doing it. I find it hard to believe that the players just won't listen. If that's truth, then it all lies on Renney. If you don't follow the plan you sit. I just don't believe that though. All of the players play the offensive & defensive system so why not the PP system?

Old
CostaTheCrazyGreek

Send a message via AIM to CostaTheCrazyGreek Send a message via Yahoo to CostaTheCrazyGreek
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madik77 View Post
OK I got it, you donīt like czechs and whats the point? Did you see this game? I did not notice Shanny, Avery but Jagr was very visible and NOT SLOW
Prucha is Czech and I don't want him gone. The OLD SLOW Euro's I want gone. The young Euro's (Henke, Pru, Shoes, Toots) they are the present & future of the team.

Old
04-29-2008, 09:13 PM
pld459666

vCash: 873

Haven't posted in a while on the GDT's and for good reason.

The team comes out and changes nothing. Our break-outs have been studied and we have done nothing to adjust to it.

They are clogging the passing lanes for us because they know what we are going to do before we do it.

The 5 minute stretch where we were on the PP (up 2 men for 2 seperate streches) should have allowed us to get back in this game.

The Rangers finally started playing with some passion, but still find away not to make the Pens pay.

I've defended the physical game of Hollweg's for a long time and if this were the Reg. Season I'd defend it here as well, but it's not the Reg. Season and I cannot defend that. Bad decision, worse decision by our PK'ers as a unit to allow Pitt to do what they wanted when they wanted to. No pressure on the puck will always allow the very talented teams like Pitt to do what they want.

Yes the Pens have a vaery potent PP unit, but the way the Rangers defended it and have defended it this series gives them WAY to much respect.

They are done on Thursday, mark my words.

Not happy with the approach this team took in this series. Not happy with the way Renney has made NO ADJUSTMENTS to what Pitt is doing. He's getting out-coached again.

Old
04-29-2008, 09:13 PM
Fugu

vCash:
We're over a 1000 posts. Locked.

Closed Thread