HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

How to beat Biron: Screen him!

Old
04-29-2008, 10:37 PM
HH
GO HABS GO!

vCash: 500
How to beat Biron: Screen him!

Thread title says it all, Habs have had good chances in this series but Biron sees everything and we have to get 2 guys on him and screen the **** out of him. Look at our 2 goals last night, 2 man in front of the net and took the rebounds to score. We are shooting a lot and Biron sees it all. Make his life miserable.

GO HABS GO!

HH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 10:39 PM
JackieChan

Have you seen the wicked look in his eyes? I bet this guy sees through bodies.

JackieChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 10:41 PM
ToysInTheAttic

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryI View Post
Thread title says it all, Habs have had good chances in this series but Biron sees everything and we have to get 2 guys on him and screen the **** out of him. Look at our 2 goals last night, 2 man in front of the net and took the rebounds to score. We are shooting a lot and Biron sees it all. Make his life miserable.

GO HABS GO!
Agreed. Also might help if the Habs sniped better when they create those open net shots.

ToysInTheAttic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 10:43 PM
didjuicythat
@m_desroches

The OP says the truth. Just screen Biron for Pricessakes!

didjuicythat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 10:43 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

If a goalie is screened your chances of scoring increase greatly!

It also doesn't hurt to skate in a bit more and shoot, rather than standing at the blue line and shooting.

Analyzer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 10:44 PM
Rayne*

I dunno, Biron's freaky looking eyes makes me think he has x-ray vision or something.

Rayne* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 10:44 PM
number 11

and have latendresse crash the **** out of him. make him regret putting his glove on the puck.

number 11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 11:04 PM
Slick Nick

I have two better options:

a) stop shoting on the posts.
b) stop missing open nets.

Slick Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 11:04 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

They need more shots without warning, they seem to take an extra second to shoot the puck and either it gets knocked away or blocked. If you get a pass and one time it, it's much tougher for the goalie because he is often shifting.

Monctonscout is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 11:09 PM
madbox

I don't mind the shots we're taking, it's the little to no traffic around the net waiting for the damn rebounds. They've been there the whole time.

madbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 11:09 PM
Slowbro

montreal has a bigger problem to take care of first: missing open nets.

but, i agree, biron will give up some more goals if he is screened better. if the canadiens try crashing the net for the rebounds, you better believe smith or hatcher will remind them that isn't a good idea. biron is playing stellar and quite frankly, i'm not worried at all. it's the defensive breakdowns that often happen to the flyers in front of the net that worry me.

Slowbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 11:13 PM
markzab

Send a message via AIM to markzab
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieChan View Post
Have you seen the wicked look in his eyes? I bet this guy sees through bodies.

markzab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 11:14 PM
Corey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Cannon View Post
montreal has a bigger problem to take care of first: missing open nets.

but, i agree, biron will give up some more goals if he is screened better. if the canadiens try crashing the net for the rebounds, you better believe smith or hatcher will remind them that isn't a good idea. biron is playing stellar and quite frankly, i'm not worried at all. it's the defensive breakdowns that often happen to the flyers in front of the net that worry me.

Maybe, but Smith and Hatcher can't stop everyone without taking penalties. Nor can they collect all the rebounds.

Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 11:20 PM
Slowbro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey View Post
Maybe, but Smith and Hatcher can't stop everyone without taking penalties. Nor can they collect all the rebounds.
in all honesty, i don't think the flyers are scared of your PP. this could change, god forbid, but with knuble coming back our PK just gets better. biron has been excellent in keeping/recovering his rebounds these playoffs. it has been his bane all season but he seems to have it under control now.

smith/hatcher aren't going to stop everyone, but they will put the pressure on the right guys- kovalev, koivu and the kotitsyn boys. until your PP gets better, the canadiens won't win, IMO.

Old
04-29-2008, 11:23 PM
Slick Nick

Quote:
in all honesty, i don't think the flyers are scared of your PP. this could change, god forbid, but with knuble coming back our PK just gets better. biron has been excellent in keeping/recovering his rebounds these playoffs. it has been his bane all season but he seems to have it under control now.

smith/hatcher aren't going to stop everyone, but they will put the pressure on the right guys- kovalev, koivu and the kotitsyn boys. until your PP gets better, the canadiens won't win, IMO.

That's why they called a time-out after back to back goals last night...

Slick Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 11:31 PM
Habs8517

yeah that is the way do it
so simple and yet the guys dont do it
and shoot low not high
we need rebounds

Habs8517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 11:33 PM
markzab

Send a message via AIM to markzab
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick Nick View Post

That's why they called a time-out after back to back goals last night...
While I don't agree with the first post in saying the Flyers aren't scared of MON's PP I also don't agree with the intention of the second post implying that the time-out was called out of fear. What I was very surprised to hear after the game was that out of the 8 teams left the MON PP was the worst out of all 8. One of the VS announcers mentioned it. He was saying it statistically, not opinionated.

I think your PP is MUCH better than it is playing and as a Flyers fan who really knows what's going on in this series right now, all I can say is that I hope the 2 PPG's in the last game haven't woken your boys up.

If they have...well...then I'm scared.

markzab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 11:33 PM
Chfan
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
CBC had a good point. When you shoot from far on a goalie, it only gives him confidence and the feel of the puck...Don't shoot from anywhere, forecheck and shoot from closer.

Chfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 11:46 PM
Form and Substance

Quote:
Originally Posted by markzab View Post
While I don't agree with the first post in saying the Flyers aren't scared of MON's PP I also don't agree with the intention of the second post implying that the time-out was called out of fear. What I was very surprised to hear after the game was that out of the 8 teams left the MON PP was the worst out of all 8. One of the VS announcers mentioned it. He was saying it statistically, not opinionated.

I think your PP is MUCH better than it is playing and as a Flyers fan who really knows what's going on in this series right now, all I can say is that I hope the 2 PPG's in the last game haven't woken your boys up.

If they have...well...then I'm scared.
I agree our PP has truly been terrible throughout the playoffs. We're too slow and no movement. It's really terrible.

Form and Substance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 11:52 PM
BintZ

We need sustained pressure in the offensive zone with puck cycling before we can even talk about screening the goalie. Screening really only happens on the PP and rarely on even strength so it's harder then it looks.

BintZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 11:52 PM
Gret99zky
Worst Thread Ever

vCash: 6964
Boy it's gonna be sweet to win this series and spend the summer reminding all these Philly Trolls who the better team really is.

Gret99zky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2008, 11:55 PM
Slowbro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gret99zky View Post
Boy it's gonna be sweet to win this series and spend the summer reminding all these Philly Trolls who the better team really is.
i'm not trolling at all. i gave credit where credit is due but it is not due on the PP right now.

Old
04-29-2008, 11:58 PM
Gret99zky
Worst Thread Ever

vCash: 6964
Quote:
i'm not trolling at all. i gave credit where credit is due but it is not due on the PP right now.
When we go up 3-2 I'll be sure to stop by the Philly board and give credit where credit is due.

I'm sure it will cheer you right the **** up.

Gret99zky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2008, 12:00 AM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryI View Post

GO HABS GO!
Take out Biron's name in title, insert every goaltender name in this league.

No doubt this is good advice especially in the first minutes when Biron is acquiring his feel for the puck.

Could also get some good battles going, I was especially surprised with what the officials were letting Price do at the other end while he was policing his crease.

Agnostic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2008, 12:04 AM
tinyzombies

Quote:
Originally Posted by BintZ View Post
We need sustained pressure in the offensive zone with puck cycling before we can even talk about screening the goalie. Screening really only happens on the PP and rarely on even strength so it's harder then it looks.
Kovy has not help on his line. He can rag the puck and keep it alive, but nobody will go to the net. Not Pleks, not AKost. And once Kovy gives up the puck to one of those two in a non-scoring position it's as good as a turnover.

tinyzombies is offline   Reply With Quote