HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Our rival fans

Closed Thread

Old
04-30-2008, 03:05 AM
Pruch025

vCash: 500
Our rival fans

Is it me or are they spending entirely way too much time watching and rooting against the Rangers in this second round? I sweatr that their out of town scoreboard thread is getting more replies than their game threads did when they still had a season. That's pretty sad to me.

I can understand hoping your rival doesn't win (if the Devils had beaten the Rangers in round one, I would root against them naturally) but being THAT happy when the Rangers lose seems a bit bizarre. Yes I know the Devils wouldn't have beaten NY but I am thinking hypothetically here.

It seems that some people don't take being beaten very well.

Old
04-30-2008, 04:46 AM
Slowbro

i am rooting for the rangers.

Old
04-30-2008, 05:17 AM
mtxed

Why the hell would Devils fan want to see Gomez win a cup with the Rangers?

Old
04-30-2008, 07:37 AM
britdevil
Tea with milk...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtxed View Post
Why the hell would Devils fan want to see Gomez win a cup with the Rangers?
Exactly.

Did some of you guys really expect most Devils fans to not get a little upset about beating us in the playoffs, and the whole Gomez debacle.

If anything the creation of this thread is just as "pathetic". Rivals are rivals.

Old
04-30-2008, 08:03 AM
Mr Bojanglez
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruch025 View Post
Is it me or are they spending entirely way too much time watching and rooting against the Rangers in this second round? I sweatr that their out of town scoreboard thread is getting more replies than their game threads did when they still had a season. That's pretty sad to me.

I can understand hoping your rival doesn't win (if the Devils had beaten the Rangers in round one, I would root against them naturally) but being THAT happy when the Rangers lose seems a bit bizarre. Yes I know the Devils wouldn't have beaten NY but I am thinking hypothetically here.

It seems that some people don't take being beaten very well.
Well... that's cause this is one on-going thread, which lasts MULTIPLE games including the Rangers' games, as well as Montreal, Philly, etc.

Our GDTs last.... one game. Think about it.

And of course we're rooting against you. You can say its "pretty sad" but what do you expect? This is HFboards, that's what happens. Especially in a thread dedicated to the playoffs!

Its not like we're coming on to your board (which, keep in mind if some do... feel free to report them) and making fun of your losses. In the end, we can be happy that you're losing... but it's not like we beat you. So what do we really have?

You say you "think it's sad"... I just think you're sad right now, and need to displace some anger. I think you're not taking "losing" very well, and the fact that we're happy about it is really getting to you. Our board currently is like a car crash... you don't want to look but you do. But hey, its on our board.

I mean if this was the other way around... you KNOW how happy you guys would be. Its your RIVAL. Did you just start watching sports?

Old
04-30-2008, 08:13 AM
beach
Things are looking

Send a message via ICQ to beach
Islanders fan here - Aside from praying for world peace and good health for my family every night, my third highest priority prayer is that the Rangers get eliminated from the playoffs as soon as possible.

Old
04-30-2008, 08:16 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

Thats they're job as rival fans. Would you really like to see the Islanders or Devils still playing in the playoffs while your team was playing golf? Of course not.

I'm more worried about watching the ECF. Looks like its going to be 2 teams that I loathe, regardless of who wins the Philly/Habs series.

Old
04-30-2008, 08:38 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

lol I guess you're new around here.

And its not just Devils and Isles fans.... the Rangers are hated by fans everywhere.

Its Jealousy/Envy wrapped into hate.

Basically they hate that great players enjoy the stage of NY and often have signed onto NYR, unfortunately only to fall short.

Actually they like the falling short part.

04-30-2008, 08:43 AM
mnorman1

Send a message via AIM to mnorman1
That's okay. If we're so bad for being swept, NJD must be miles worse for getting owned by us, and NYI must feel even further behind.

We're clearly the best in the area.

Old
04-30-2008, 08:45 AM
jeangauthier

I`m still pulling for an "Original Six" match-up.

Old
04-30-2008, 09:15 AM
H382

I think Philly has jumped on the Rangers wagon for this round, and the Devils have jumped on the Pens wagon.. The isles.. I don't know, maybe they're over in the corner playing by themselves.

Old
04-30-2008, 09:20 AM
Maximus

Send a message via Yahoo to Maximus
Quote:
Originally Posted by billyH2O View Post
Well... that's cause this is one on-going thread, which lasts MULTIPLE games including the Rangers' games, as well as Montreal, Philly, etc.

Our GDTs last.... one game. Think about it.

And of course we're rooting against you. You can say its "pretty sad" but what do you expect? This is HFboards, that's what happens. Especially in a thread dedicated to the playoffs!

Its not like we're coming on to your board (which, keep in mind if some do... feel free to report them) and making fun of your losses. In the end, we can be happy that you're losing... but it's not like we beat you. So what do we really have?

You say you "think it's sad"... I just think you're sad right now, and need to displace some anger. I think you're not taking "losing" very well, and the fact that we're happy about it is really getting to you. Our board currently is like a car crash... you don't want to look but you do. But hey, its on our board.

I mean if this was the other way around... you KNOW how happy you guys would be. Its your RIVAL. Did you just start watching sports?
Solid post bro(even though your a Debbie fan...lol) as you hit it right on the head. Not sure how on gods green earth a Debbie,Flyer or an Islander fan could possibly ever root for the Rangers and I mean EVER!. Besides the fact we are all arch rivals, it would sort of seem "dirty". I know for me, I feel the same way as Billy does.....no effin way would I or could I root for Devs if they had beaten us. Same things goes for Flyers. I'm hoping Montreal comes back to beat them as it would be much much easier to root for them than the Penguins who I gotta admit, I have a hard time hating on....not sure why but I just do.

Anyways, I don't see any problem with other boards rooting against our boys. Even though they might hate us cause we are NY, most of them realize we have a good team like it or not, they realize we have as passionate fans that there are in the NHL and that all they want is a good rivalry. And so what's wrong with that...eh?

Old
04-30-2008, 09:21 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
If rival fans want to come to the board and discuss things in a civil manner that is not only OK, it is encouraged.

This thread can lead to no good.