HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Does Halak start next game?

View Poll Results: Start who?
Halak 148 37.66%
Price 212 53.94%
Danis 22 5.60%
Other 11 2.80%
Voters: 393. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
04-29-2008, 02:39 PM
jordy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by husamus156 View Post
Price will play in game 4
The habs will score the 1st goal.

Price > Huet
Huet never passed 1st round
Price is in 2nd round
so whatever the result its been good the trade.

No halak in game 4
didn't huet win a series single handedly against the bruins. A lot more than price ever did. Huet>Price right now. In the future Price > Huet. It's how i feel and i always did

Old
04-29-2008, 02:51 PM
One Trick Pony

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordy View Post
didn't huet win a series single handedly against the bruins. A lot more than price ever did. Huet>Price right now. In the future Price > Huet. It's how i feel and i always did
When did Huet win a series against boston?

Old
04-29-2008, 03:01 PM
goldglove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habitants View Post
i said halak. he looked pretty good in the 3rd.

i love price, and i know he will rebound, but i think he should get a game off. he has struggled, but im not blaming him. the team has just not been supporting him! let halak fight one out, he will be hungry! Price can sit and watch and maybe he will learn something from watching for once, and then come back even better
haha .. was he facing roland melancon when the habs were in flyers zone ? .. he got TWO shots!

by the way, carey in net for game 4. No doubt about that.

Old
04-29-2008, 03:01 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliash View Post
When did Huet win a series against boston?
Answer: NEVER.... Theo was the goalie in 04 and 02

Old
04-29-2008, 03:46 PM
cap10bfl

Send a message via MSN to cap10bfl
Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
What a stupid ****ing poll.
right on!!!

i cant believe 39% of the people here think halak should play

i guess we can forget he is 20, he had 2 shutouts in one round, got us 1st place in the east and division...

i hope he makes all of those who vote for halak feel like crap next game

only in montreal

Old
04-29-2008, 03:51 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaineysRightHandMan View Post
halak looked big and confident tonight in his few minutes. I'd like to see him start. he's an awesome goalie too.
The Habs had puck possession for most of the 3rd period and Halak faced 2-3 shots. Think about his overall road record, which isn't very good.

Old
04-29-2008, 03:55 PM
Bad Natey
#feelthelove

Quote:
Originally Posted by cap10bfl View Post
right on!!!

i cant believe 39% of the people here think halak should play

i guess we can forget he is 20, he had 2 shutouts in one round, got us 1st place in the east and division...

i hope he makes all of those who vote for halak feel like crap next game

only in montreal
I've said time and time again, I believe in Price and I love the goalie to death.

But players need breaks.. especially a goalie who has played something like.. 25 of the last 28 or 29 games. It's quite a haul.

If you're going to pull out the whole age thing, we can say well Halak is just 22 years old and has the potential to be one of the best puck stoppers in the NHL.

Then we can say as far as accomplishments go that he has a winning record in NHL action and almost single handedly lead a broken down Habs team to the brink of the playoffs (he got us to a game where if we won, we'd of been in).

But it's not like the 39% of us are saying Halak should be the starter.. we are saying Price needs a break and that we are confident with Halak in net.

Old
04-29-2008, 04:23 PM
HF-Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
I've said time and time again, I believe in Price and I love the goalie to death.

But players need breaks.. especially a goalie who has played something like.. 25 of the last 28 or 29 games. It's quite a haul.

If you're going to pull out the whole age thing, we can say well Halak is just 22 years old and has the potential to be one of the best puck stoppers in the NHL.

Then we can say as far as accomplishments go that he has a winning record in NHL action and almost single handedly lead a broken down Habs team to the brink of the playoffs (he got us to a game where if we won, we'd of been in).

But it's not like the 39% of us are saying Halak should be the starter.. we are saying Price needs a break and that we are confident with Halak in net.
Somehow, for some, a vote of confidence to one other than Price is heresy. We are somewhat anti-Habs or something.

Old
04-29-2008, 04:44 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

I think this is how it should be. Start Price, but he needs to be on a short leash. I have faith in his ability to recover, but we can't afford to be behind the 8 ball again. It is imperative that we score first. I have a feeling that if we do that, then Biron will start to crack.

Old
04-29-2008, 04:50 PM
Metallian*

price will start, that much is certain...

the habs will live and die by price this playoffs

Old
04-29-2008, 05:09 PM
pepperMonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by HF-Addict View Post
Somehow, for some, a vote of confidence to one other than Price is heresy. We are somewhat anti-Habs or something.
I agree...sadly I think it's more then "for some".
They would spit roast almost anyone else but Price?
Hands off.

I don't think there is one single person here that thinks Halak should take over Price's position...well, okay, I suppose there may be someone but I wouldn't know and hope to God I'm wrong. We are just saying maybe it's time to think about giving Price a day off to rest. What would it hurt?

Old
04-29-2008, 05:12 PM
Bad Natey
#feelthelove

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepperMonkey View Post
I agree...sadly I think it's more then "for some".
They would spit roast almost anyone else but Price?
Hands off.

I don't think there is one single person here that thinks Halak should take over Price's position...well, okay, I suppose there may be someone but I wouldn't know and hope to God I'm wrong. We are just saying maybe it's time to think about giving Price a day off to rest. What would it hurt?
Exactly.

1 day off versus 4 days off.

It's a huge difference and can give a goalie some mental and physical rest.

Old
04-29-2008, 05:15 PM
brownman*

Quote:
Or it could demolish any shred of confidence he has left. If, can, would, should, etc, etc.

pepperMonkey, what would it hurt? There's an endless list in the answer, one figures that goes without saying.

Old
04-29-2008, 06:44 PM
Cristobal Huet

Send a message via MSN to Cristobal Huet
Yep, he should.

Old
04-29-2008, 06:46 PM
habs86

vCash: 369
Send a message via MSN to habs86 Send a message via Yahoo to habs86
Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
I HAVE TO SAY ALL YOU ****ING SUPPOSED HAB FANS ARE NOTHING BUT BANDWAGON WANNA BE'S...YOUR ALL IDIOTS AND WILL ALL BE KISSING CAREY'S ASS AGAIN VERY SOON!

Old
04-29-2008, 06:48 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
No way in hell. Price won us a series when our offensive was anemic.

Now Price's play has been anemic and our team has to bail him out.

The team needs to score the first goal in game 4, or we'll lose. Simple as this.

Old
04-29-2008, 07:17 PM
xduckiex

Just out of curiosity, who is the "other"?
Ryder isn't doing much, maybe we should suit him up and give him a try in net

Old
04-29-2008, 08:58 PM
cap10bfl

Quote:
Exactly.

1 day off versus 4 days off.

i disagree man, look at brodeur or nabokov, they are great goalies who always 75+ games a year and dont need a mental or physical break, yes brodeur was eliminated early this year but that has to do with a poor team in front of him because he is proven time and time again that he dont need no extra rest to succeed in the season or in the playoffs

price is 20 years old and doesnt need a break, he just isnt in the zone right now, but one good save or period will put him right back in the zone, the habs live or die with price and people have to realize thats how it is going be in hab land now and for a very long time...

the habs have a few days off after tomorrow's game anyway so he should have plenty of time to rest untill game 5 on saturday

Old
04-29-2008, 08:59 PM
cap10bfl

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
No way in hell. Price won us a series when our offensive was anemic.

Now Price's play has been anemic and our team has to bail him out.

The team needs to score the first goal in game 4, or we'll lose. Simple as this.
agree 100% with you, couldnt of said it better myself, time to stop hitting posts and missing empty nets and bail out our goalie, because without him, this team would be playing golf right now and not playoff hockey

Old
04-30-2008, 04:59 AM
Bad Natey
#feelthelove

Quote:
Originally Posted by cap10bfl View Post
i disagree man, look at brodeur or nabokov, they are great goalies who always 75+ games a year and dont need a mental or physical break, yes brodeur was eliminated early this year but that has to do with a poor team in front of him because he is proven time and time again that he dont need no extra rest to succeed in the season or in the playoffs

price is 20 years old and doesnt need a break, he just isnt in the zone right now, but one good save or period will put him right back in the zone, the habs live or die with price and people have to realize thats how it is going be in hab land now and for a very long time...

the habs have a few days off after tomorrow's game anyway so he should have plenty of time to rest untill game 5 on saturday
I'm fine with Price starting, I just think Halak is a better selection. Nothing against Price (and he shouldn't lose his #1 job) .. just how I feel.

The only reason I'm pissed is because I'm now a "bandwagon jumper" because I think Price should sit for a game.

Some fans are ****ing stupid and need to get their heads out of their *****.

(Not directed at you, lol).

Old
04-30-2008, 06:18 AM
SOLR

Quote:
I'm fine with Price starting, I just think Halak is a better selection. Nothing against Price (and he shouldn't lose his #1 job) .. just how I feel.

The only reason I'm pissed is because I'm now a "bandwagon jumper" because I think Price should sit for a game.

Some fans are ****ing stupid and need to get their heads out of their *****.

(Not directed at you, lol).
So basically what you are saying is, if people don't agree with you they are stupid? Original concept, I should try it at work...if I want to get fired.

Old
04-30-2008, 06:40 AM
Sined
The AndroidBugler!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOLR View Post
So basically what you are saying is, if people don't agree with you they are stupid? Original concept, I should try it at work...if I want to get fired.
Don't worry, on the internet anyone who disagrees with you is stupid by default.

None of this discussion or arguing even matters. The decision is not ours to make.

All we can do is wait for the decision and support the team no matter the choice.

If I were too look at the problem objectively, I'd probably start Price but have him on a super short leash. It would be up to his play on how much he can extend that trust. The second things start to look shaky yank him.

Hopefully that won't happen since that would be catastrophic for his confidence, and would probably scar him for a long while.

Old
04-30-2008, 06:47 AM
albertonhabsfan

NO!! Price starts!! We made the choice to go with him, stick to it!! Yes, he could play better, but a team is needed in front of him too

Old
04-30-2008, 06:49 AM
Habs Icing
Formerly Onice

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownman View Post
Or it could demolish any shred of confidence he has left. If, can, would, should, etc, etc.

pepperMonkey, what would it hurt? There's an endless list in the answer, one figures that goes without saying.
If sitting one game will destroy his confidence, then maybe he isn't the player you think he is.

Old
04-30-2008, 08:32 AM
Mont Royale

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOLR View Post
Actually, the point is that people who draw conclusions about what kind of fan you are based on a reasonable opinion on who the starting goalie should be, are stupid.

Some people seem to be Price fans first, Habs fans second. I love the kid, he's done great things, and will do more great things in the future, but he's struggling. A break may be just the thing to get him refreshed for later activity if the Habs advance in the playoffs. I vote Halak.

Closed Thread