HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Does Halak start next game?

View Poll Results: Start who?
Halak 148 37.66%
Price 212 53.94%
Danis 22 5.60%
Other 11 2.80%
Voters: 393. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-29-2008, 02:39 PM
  #226
jordy
Registered User
 
jordy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 427
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by husamus156 View Post
Price will play in game 4
The habs will score the 1st goal.

Price > Huet
Huet never passed 1st round
Price is in 2nd round
so whatever the result its been good the trade.

No halak in game 4
didn't huet win a series single handedly against the bruins. A lot more than price ever did. Huet>Price right now. In the future Price > Huet. It's how i feel and i always did

jordy is offline  
Old
04-29-2008, 02:51 PM
  #227
One Trick Pony
Registered User
 
One Trick Pony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,591
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordy View Post
didn't huet win a series single handedly against the bruins. A lot more than price ever did. Huet>Price right now. In the future Price > Huet. It's how i feel and i always did
When did Huet win a series against boston?

One Trick Pony is offline  
Old
04-29-2008, 03:01 PM
  #228
goldglove
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 788
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habitants View Post
i said halak. he looked pretty good in the 3rd.

i love price, and i know he will rebound, but i think he should get a game off. he has struggled, but im not blaming him. the team has just not been supporting him! let halak fight one out, he will be hungry! Price can sit and watch and maybe he will learn something from watching for once, and then come back even better
haha .. was he facing roland melancon when the habs were in flyers zone ? .. he got TWO shots!

by the way, carey in net for game 4. No doubt about that.

goldglove is offline  
Old
04-29-2008, 03:01 PM
  #229
Beakermania*
 
Beakermania*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Kingston or Hamilton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,964
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eliash View Post
When did Huet win a series against boston?
Answer: NEVER.... Theo was the goalie in 04 and 02

Beakermania* is offline  
Old
04-29-2008, 03:46 PM
  #230
cap10bfl
Registered User
 
cap10bfl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Laval, Qc
Country: Portugal
Posts: 1,957
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to cap10bfl
Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
What a stupid ****ing poll.
right on!!!

i cant believe 39% of the people here think halak should play

i guess we can forget he is 20, he had 2 shutouts in one round, got us 1st place in the east and division...

i hope he makes all of those who vote for halak feel like crap next game

only in montreal

cap10bfl is offline  
Old
04-29-2008, 03:51 PM
  #231
Teufelsdreck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 15,077
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaineysRightHandMan View Post
halak looked big and confident tonight in his few minutes. I'd like to see him start. he's an awesome goalie too.
The Habs had puck possession for most of the 3rd period and Halak faced 2-3 shots. Think about his overall road record, which isn't very good.

Teufelsdreck is offline  
Old
04-29-2008, 03:55 PM
  #232
Bad Natey
#feelthelove
 
Bad Natey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Habville
Country: Canada
Posts: 47,256
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cap10bfl View Post
right on!!!

i cant believe 39% of the people here think halak should play

i guess we can forget he is 20, he had 2 shutouts in one round, got us 1st place in the east and division...

i hope he makes all of those who vote for halak feel like crap next game

only in montreal
I've said time and time again, I believe in Price and I love the goalie to death.

But players need breaks.. especially a goalie who has played something like.. 25 of the last 28 or 29 games. It's quite a haul.

If you're going to pull out the whole age thing, we can say well Halak is just 22 years old and has the potential to be one of the best puck stoppers in the NHL.

Then we can say as far as accomplishments go that he has a winning record in NHL action and almost single handedly lead a broken down Habs team to the brink of the playoffs (he got us to a game where if we won, we'd of been in).

But it's not like the 39% of us are saying Halak should be the starter.. we are saying Price needs a break and that we are confident with Halak in net.

Bad Natey is offline  
Old
04-29-2008, 04:23 PM
  #233
HF-Addict
Registered User
 
HF-Addict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,765
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
I've said time and time again, I believe in Price and I love the goalie to death.

But players need breaks.. especially a goalie who has played something like.. 25 of the last 28 or 29 games. It's quite a haul.

If you're going to pull out the whole age thing, we can say well Halak is just 22 years old and has the potential to be one of the best puck stoppers in the NHL.

Then we can say as far as accomplishments go that he has a winning record in NHL action and almost single handedly lead a broken down Habs team to the brink of the playoffs (he got us to a game where if we won, we'd of been in).

But it's not like the 39% of us are saying Halak should be the starter.. we are saying Price needs a break and that we are confident with Halak in net.
Somehow, for some, a vote of confidence to one other than Price is heresy. We are somewhat anti-Habs or something.

HF-Addict is offline  
Old
04-29-2008, 04:44 PM
  #234
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable
 
Fish on The Sand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Nanaimo
Country: Canada
Posts: 51,198
vCash: 500
I think this is how it should be. Start Price, but he needs to be on a short leash. I have faith in his ability to recover, but we can't afford to be behind the 8 ball again. It is imperative that we score first. I have a feeling that if we do that, then Biron will start to crack.

Fish on The Sand is offline  
Old
04-29-2008, 04:50 PM
  #235
Metallian*
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Country: Ukraine
Posts: 13,859
vCash: 500
price will start, that much is certain...

the habs will live and die by price this playoffs

Metallian* is offline  
Old
04-29-2008, 05:09 PM
  #236
pepperMonkey
Registered User
 
pepperMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,865
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HF-Addict View Post
Somehow, for some, a vote of confidence to one other than Price is heresy. We are somewhat anti-Habs or something.
I agree...sadly I think it's more then "for some".
They would spit roast almost anyone else but Price?
Hands off.

I don't think there is one single person here that thinks Halak should take over Price's position...well, okay, I suppose there may be someone but I wouldn't know and hope to God I'm wrong. We are just saying maybe it's time to think about giving Price a day off to rest. What would it hurt?

pepperMonkey is offline  
Old
04-29-2008, 05:12 PM
  #237
Bad Natey
#feelthelove
 
Bad Natey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Habville
Country: Canada
Posts: 47,256
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepperMonkey View Post
I agree...sadly I think it's more then "for some".
They would spit roast almost anyone else but Price?
Hands off.

I don't think there is one single person here that thinks Halak should take over Price's position...well, okay, I suppose there may be someone but I wouldn't know and hope to God I'm wrong. We are just saying maybe it's time to think about giving Price a day off to rest. What would it hurt?
Exactly.

1 day off versus 4 days off.

It's a huge difference and can give a goalie some mental and physical rest.

Bad Natey is offline  
Old
04-29-2008, 05:15 PM
  #238
brownman*
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 9,229
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
It's a huge difference and can give a goalie some mental and physical rest.
Or it could demolish any shred of confidence he has left. If, can, would, should, etc, etc.

pepperMonkey, what would it hurt? There's an endless list in the answer, one figures that goes without saying.

brownman* is offline  
Old
04-29-2008, 06:44 PM
  #239
Cristobal Huet
Registered User
 
Cristobal Huet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,992
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Cristobal Huet
Yep, he should.

Cristobal Huet is offline  
Old
04-29-2008, 06:46 PM
  #240
habs86
Registered User
 
habs86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Prince Albert, SK
Country: Canada
Posts: 524
vCash: 369
Send a message via MSN to habs86 Send a message via Yahoo to habs86
Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
I HAVE TO SAY ALL YOU ****ING SUPPOSED HAB FANS ARE NOTHING BUT BANDWAGON WANNA BE'S...YOUR ALL IDIOTS AND WILL ALL BE KISSING CAREY'S ASS AGAIN VERY SOON!

habs86 is offline  
Old
04-29-2008, 06:48 PM
  #241
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 38,567
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
No way in hell. Price won us a series when our offensive was anemic.

Now Price's play has been anemic and our team has to bail him out.

The team needs to score the first goal in game 4, or we'll lose. Simple as this.

WeThreeKings is offline  
Old
04-29-2008, 07:17 PM
  #242
xduckiex
Registered User
 
xduckiex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: PEI
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,031
vCash: 500
Just out of curiosity, who is the "other"?
Ryder isn't doing much, maybe we should suit him up and give him a try in net

xduckiex is offline  
Old
04-29-2008, 08:58 PM
  #243
cap10bfl
Registered User
 
cap10bfl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Laval, Qc
Country: Portugal
Posts: 1,957
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to cap10bfl
Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
Exactly.

1 day off versus 4 days off.

It's a huge difference and can give a goalie some mental and physical rest.
i disagree man, look at brodeur or nabokov, they are great goalies who always 75+ games a year and dont need a mental or physical break, yes brodeur was eliminated early this year but that has to do with a poor team in front of him because he is proven time and time again that he dont need no extra rest to succeed in the season or in the playoffs

price is 20 years old and doesnt need a break, he just isnt in the zone right now, but one good save or period will put him right back in the zone, the habs live or die with price and people have to realize thats how it is going be in hab land now and for a very long time...

the habs have a few days off after tomorrow's game anyway so he should have plenty of time to rest untill game 5 on saturday

cap10bfl is offline  
Old
04-29-2008, 08:59 PM
  #244
cap10bfl
Registered User
 
cap10bfl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Laval, Qc
Country: Portugal
Posts: 1,957
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to cap10bfl
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
No way in hell. Price won us a series when our offensive was anemic.

Now Price's play has been anemic and our team has to bail him out.

The team needs to score the first goal in game 4, or we'll lose. Simple as this.
agree 100% with you, couldnt of said it better myself, time to stop hitting posts and missing empty nets and bail out our goalie, because without him, this team would be playing golf right now and not playoff hockey

cap10bfl is offline  
Old
04-30-2008, 04:59 AM
  #245
Bad Natey
#feelthelove
 
Bad Natey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Habville
Country: Canada
Posts: 47,256
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cap10bfl View Post
i disagree man, look at brodeur or nabokov, they are great goalies who always 75+ games a year and dont need a mental or physical break, yes brodeur was eliminated early this year but that has to do with a poor team in front of him because he is proven time and time again that he dont need no extra rest to succeed in the season or in the playoffs

price is 20 years old and doesnt need a break, he just isnt in the zone right now, but one good save or period will put him right back in the zone, the habs live or die with price and people have to realize thats how it is going be in hab land now and for a very long time...

the habs have a few days off after tomorrow's game anyway so he should have plenty of time to rest untill game 5 on saturday
I'm fine with Price starting, I just think Halak is a better selection. Nothing against Price (and he shouldn't lose his #1 job) .. just how I feel.

The only reason I'm pissed is because I'm now a "bandwagon jumper" because I think Price should sit for a game.

Some fans are ****ing stupid and need to get their heads out of their *****.

(Not directed at you, lol).

Bad Natey is offline  
Old
04-30-2008, 06:18 AM
  #246
SOLR
Registered User
 
SOLR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Toronto / North York
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,863
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
I'm fine with Price starting, I just think Halak is a better selection. Nothing against Price (and he shouldn't lose his #1 job) .. just how I feel.

The only reason I'm pissed is because I'm now a "bandwagon jumper" because I think Price should sit for a game.

Some fans are ****ing stupid and need to get their heads out of their *****.

(Not directed at you, lol).
So basically what you are saying is, if people don't agree with you they are stupid? Original concept, I should try it at work...if I want to get fired.

SOLR is offline  
Old
04-30-2008, 06:40 AM
  #247
Sined
The AndroidBugler!
 
Sined's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 6,648
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOLR View Post
So basically what you are saying is, if people don't agree with you they are stupid? Original concept, I should try it at work...if I want to get fired.
Don't worry, on the internet anyone who disagrees with you is stupid by default.

None of this discussion or arguing even matters. The decision is not ours to make.

All we can do is wait for the decision and support the team no matter the choice.

If I were too look at the problem objectively, I'd probably start Price but have him on a super short leash. It would be up to his play on how much he can extend that trust. The second things start to look shaky yank him.

Hopefully that won't happen since that would be catastrophic for his confidence, and would probably scar him for a long while.

Sined is offline  
Old
04-30-2008, 06:47 AM
  #248
albertonhabsfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 154
vCash: 500
NO!! Price starts!! We made the choice to go with him, stick to it!! Yes, he could play better, but a team is needed in front of him too

albertonhabsfan is offline  
Old
04-30-2008, 06:49 AM
  #249
Habs Icing
Formerly Onice
 
Habs Icing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Montreal
Posts: 6,253
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownman View Post
Or it could demolish any shred of confidence he has left. If, can, would, should, etc, etc.

pepperMonkey, what would it hurt? There's an endless list in the answer, one figures that goes without saying.
If sitting one game will destroy his confidence, then maybe he isn't the player you think he is.

Habs Icing is offline  
Old
04-30-2008, 08:32 AM
  #250
Mont Royale
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 140
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOLR View Post
So basically what you are saying is, if people don't agree with you they are stupid? Original concept, I should try it at work...if I want to get fired.
Actually, the point is that people who draw conclusions about what kind of fan you are based on a reasonable opinion on who the starting goalie should be, are stupid.

Some people seem to be Price fans first, Habs fans second. I love the kid, he's done great things, and will do more great things in the future, but he's struggling. A break may be just the thing to get him refreshed for later activity if the Habs advance in the playoffs. I vote Halak.

Mont Royale is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:18 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.