HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

How to beat Biron: Screen him!

Old
04-30-2008, 01:04 AM
KenAF

vCash: 500
I must agree with the op. Screens and traffic is how you score goals in the playoffs.

You do not win in the playoffs by shooting from the point.

KenAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2008, 03:40 AM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryI View Post
Thread title says it all, Habs have had good chances in this series but Biron sees everything and we have to get 2 guys on him and screen the **** out of him. Look at our 2 goals last night, 2 man in front of the net and took the rebounds to score. We are shooting a lot and Biron sees it all. Make his life miserable.

GO HABS GO!
not just biron, its the key to beating any goaltender. The habs aren't the type of team that gets those kinds of goals on a regular basis, but traffic is always key to beat a goaltender in the zone such as biron.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2008, 05:30 AM
BintZ

Don't you guys think that professional hockey players who've been doing this their whole lives know the most effective ways to produce goals? I guarantee that in every situation where there is sustained pressure there is a man in front of Biron but nobody is watching him and the puck doesn't usually go through the traffic or it misses completley. I find it funny how a bunch of armchair NHL analysts think they've cracked the code on scoring goals... it's just not that easy guys.

We are screening Biron but the puck just isn't doing us any favors.

BintZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2008, 07:12 AM
JaymzB

Personally, Iím a quite pissed that it seems the one guy on the top 2 lines who is willing to pay the price and screen the goalie and generally cause havoc in front of the net (especially on the PP) is our 5í10Ē, 33 year old captain. If Iím one of the younger guys sitting on the bench, and I see that second goal, Iíd have to look in the mirror and wonder why Iím not doing exactly what he just did.

Itís the playoffs. All the skill in the world wonít win jack if you arenít willing to pay the price.

JaymzB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2008, 07:38 AM
Habs _Fan

How to beat Biron?? SHOOT ON THE **********G EMPTY NET!!!

Habs _Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2008, 09:21 AM
habs-stars2006

I remember on a tsn clip a couple weeks ago they were talking about how montreal is the only team in the nhl who on their poweplay don't have someone big in front of the goalie. They finished tops in the nhl on powerplay because they always changed up their plays and were just incredible on the pp. And now they are paying for it. In the playoffs the goalies are that much better, the defense is that much better and to be efficient against a super goalie like biron we must SCREEN him.

(Philly is lucky because they dont even have to screen price. Just take a shot from the blue line and he'll let it in for u)

habs-stars2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2008, 10:37 AM
Puckhead58*

All I'm gonna say is..... CRASH THE FRIGGIN NET!!!!!

Everytime we get the puck in their end....we need to have bodies in front of the net battling and screening and if we can't score on the first shot, we need to keep pushing and crowding the crease until the puck eventually goes in.

They have been crashing Price in the first 3 games....time to return the favor and shake Biron up a little bit.

We need to play tougher in the Flyers end. We need to make our moves and passes quicker and stop taking our time on the powerplay. We are too slow at moving the puck around and the Flyers end up breaking up the play and intercepting the puck....we need to improve this and get them out of position....and the only way to do that is to move the puck around.

Puckhead58* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2008, 10:47 AM
RC51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckhead58 View Post
All I'm gonna say is..... CRASH THE FRIGGIN NET!!!!!

Everytime we get the puck in their end....we need to have bodies in front of the net battling and screening and if we can't score on the first shot, we need to keep pushing and crowding the crease until the puck eventually goes in.

They have been crashing Price in the first 3 games....time to return the favor and shake Biron up a little bit.

We need to play tougher in the Flyers end. We need to make our moves and passes quicker and stop taking our time on the powerplay. We are too slow at moving the puck around and the Flyers end up breaking up the play and intercepting the puck....we need to improve this and get them out of position....and the only way to do that is to move the puck around.
Yeah and don't forget to punch Biron in the head as you go by, I remember the Flyers doing that also. Oh Yeah as the Habs sit on the bench any Flyer going by should be punched also, I remember that also.

RC51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2008, 10:49 AM
cap10bfl

Send a message via MSN to cap10bfl
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryI View Post
Thread title says it all, Habs have had good chances in this series but Biron sees everything and we have to get 2 guys on him and screen the **** out of him. Look at our 2 goals last night, 2 man in front of the net and took the rebounds to score. We are shooting a lot and Biron sees it all. Make his life miserable.

GO HABS GO!
i have a better way to beat biron...

stop hitting posts and burry empty nets *cough* higgins *cough*

the series could easily be 2-1 or maybe even 3-0 habs if we can just burry our great chances and tap ins on empty nets

cap10bfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2008, 10:54 AM
HabsGuy19

Send a message via MSN to HabsGuy19 Send a message via Skype™ to HabsGuy19
Anyone know of any line changes in tonights game?

HabsGuy19 is offline   Reply With Quote