HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Does Halak start next game?

View Poll Results: Start who?
Halak 148 37.66%
Price 212 53.94%
Danis 22 5.60%
Other 11 2.80%
Voters: 393. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
04-30-2008, 10:42 AM
cap10bfl

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to cap10bfl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryder View Post
Actually, the point is that people who draw conclusions about what kind of fan you are based on a reasonable opinion on who the starting goalie should be, are stupid.

Some people seem to be Price fans first, Habs fans second. I love the kid, he's done great things, and will do more great things in the future, but he's struggling. A break may be just the thing to get him refreshed for later activity if the Habs advance in the playoffs. I vote Halak.
goalies get pulled out of games in the playoffs all the time, it is almost impossible to go through a whole playoff and not get pulled once, but even if that happens, the starting goaltender always starts next game, and thats the way it should be

i love price, but i am a habs fan first, but i dont get how some feel that we have a better chance to win with halak, rather than price...

like i said earlier, nothing personal with anyone here, but i really hope and wish carey steals game 4 and every one here feels like crap about wanting halak to play, people need to realize that carey will and is already something special, bad games happen and its up to his teammates to help him out now, no change in nets necessary

Old
04-30-2008, 10:44 AM
RE-HABS

I put down Danis because that is how stupid this poll/thread is.

Old
04-30-2008, 11:34 AM
Hawkguy
Hockey's Back!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOLR View Post
So basically what you are saying is, if people don't agree with you they are stupid? Original concept, I should try it at work...if I want to get fired.
Haha, not at all!

I'm saying people calling me a bandwagon jumper and not a real fan (a bunch of people in this thread have said this directed to those who think Halak should start).. are ****ing retarded.

I have no problem with people thinking Price should start. I just don't like being labeled not a real fan because I think Halak should play.

And some of it coming from a certain guy who thinks Ryder should play.. Is that not the same thing? Thinking another guy should get a break in favour of another? (I think Ryder should play too by the way, but this is just an example).

Just pisses me off.

Old
04-30-2008, 12:12 PM
pepperMonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by cap10bfl View Post
like i said earlier, nothing personal with anyone here, but i really hope and wish carey steals game 4 and every one here feels like crap about wanting halak to play, people need to realize that carey will and is already something special, bad games happen and its up to his teammates to help him out now, no change in nets necessary
Err...dude (or dudette), if Price steals game 4 I think EVERYONE (habs fans that is) would be ecstatic! If someone DOES feel like crap then they are are not real habs fans, or have some real pride issues.
Even though I am one of those that think it may be a good idea to play Halak, nothing would make me happier than Price stealing game 4.
...actually that would be a lie. If Price had to steal game 4 that would mean the rest of the team sucked and personally I just want the habs in general to kick the living tar out of Philly!

Old
04-30-2008, 02:01 PM
Mtl6

Loic Lacasse!!!!

Old
04-30-2008, 02:13 PM
Maximus

Send a message via Yahoo to Maximus
Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
I put down Danis because that is how stupid this poll/thread is.
Agreed, not even a Hab fan....Ranger faithful(I'm pulling for you guys over the hated Flyers though) and this might be one of the more absurd polls I've seen in awhile. Almost and I say almost as absurd as the thread going on, on my Rangers board where some are clammoring for Valliquette over Henrik due to Lundqvists poor game last night.....how's that for absolutaly totally nuts????....

I mean hasn't it dawned on some of you Hab fans that if not for Price and his heroics, often times after he has had a bad game which though not many have occured, you guys wouldn't even be in the position your in today.....one road win away from stealing home ice advantage back? For crying out loud, Price 95% of the time has been brilliant and unfortunatly some of the 5% he hasn't, has occured in the playoffs but he still has played well enough and deserved to redeem himself tonight. Just like he deserved Game 7 in the Boston series after two back to back subpar performances.

Matter of fact, and I do happen to think Montreal wins tonight, but heaven forbid they lost and Price wasn't at his best, you still put Price back in the next game. He's the man....excuse me....he's the "kid" who brought you to the dance and you dance with who brung ya thru thick and thru thin.

Amazing how "all of a sudden" these Price detractors who were VERY VERY quiet the past month/6 weeks after being so loud when Huet was dealt, all of a sudden come out of the wood work...just amazing....

Why do I get the feeling there are going to be alot of red faced Habs fans re-reading this thread after the next Price masterpiece which likely comes tonight.....eh?

Old
04-30-2008, 02:19 PM
anarmandaleb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
Agreed, not even a Hab fan....Ranger faithful(I'm pulling for you guys over the hated Flyers though) and this might be one of the more absurd polls I've seen in awhile. Almost and I say almost as absurd as the thread going on, on my Rangers board where some are clammoring for Valliquette over Henrik due to Lundqvists poor game last night.....how's that for absolutaly totally nuts????....

I mean hasn't it dawned on some of you Hab fans that if not for Price and his heroics, often times after he has had a bad game which though not many have occured, you guys wouldn't even be in the position your in today.....one road win away from stealing home ice advantage back? For crying out loud, Price 95% of the time has been brilliant and unfortunatly some of the 5% he hasn't, has occured in the playoffs but he still has played well enough and deserved to redeem himself tonight. Just like he deserved Game 7 in the Boston series after two back to back subpar performances.

Matter of fact, and I do happen to think Montreal wins tonight, but heaven forbid they lost and Price wasn't at his best, you still put Price back in the next game. He's the man....excuse me....he's the "kid" who brought you to the dance and you dance with who brung ya thru thick and thru thin.

Amazing how "all of a sudden" these Price detractors who were VERY VERY quiet the past month/6 weeks after being so loud when Huet was dealt, all of a sudden come out of the wood work...just amazing....

Why do I get the feeling there are going to be alot of red faced Habs fans re-reading this thread after the next Price masterpiece which likely comes tonight.....eh?
Red-faced crow-eating Habs fans are the funniest thing, ever. If Price comes back with a stellar performance tonight, you should just come over to our board and read for a couple of hours. I promise you'll be very entertained.

Old
04-30-2008, 02:30 PM
Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by anarmandaleb View Post
Red-faced crow-eating Habs fans are the funniest thing, ever. If Price comes back with a stellar performance tonight, you should just come over to our board and read for a couple of hours. I promise you'll be very entertained.
Dude, trust me, I know. I come to your board alot during regular season....I sort of like Habs when they aren't playing my boys,my fiance is from West Island and I luv the passion of you guys. So I come here alot to read the **** that's going on and it is entertaining. I forgot the dudes name.....maybe its a poster who goes by Cristobol Huet....another poster who goes by Puckhead or something like that.....both those guys are funny as **** the rare times Price had a not so good performance. They were lathering in it. The poster Huet would always say Price wasnt' all that good or as good as we all thought....Huet was given a bum rap. Like as if that dude was the real Huet's agent or something.

And than the guy Puckhead...he might have been the funniest of all as he was always clamoring for Halak saying Price shouldn't have been "given" the #1 job.....that it should have been "an open competition"....blah blah blah. As if Gainey didn't know Price was his guy when he dealt Huet....right?

Like Carbo is going to have an open competition for the #1 starting job at the end of February with a #1 seed possible at best and playoff positioning going on at worst. And this Puckhead dude is going on and on about this crap. So whenever Price plays bad...he comes on says....."see what I told ya.....Halak should be given the job" and than when Price played good, the dude either said, "its good for the team that the deefense helped Price play good" or the poster guy simply didn't show up. Actually I'm surprise he hasnt' shown up here on this thread.....

Anyways, I know what your saying....you Habs fans are as wacko as us Ranger nuts!.....

Old
04-30-2008, 02:53 PM
Mont Royale

Quote:

Except if you pay attention, most of those thinking Halak should get the start aren't Price-detractors at all. Some of us just feel Halak is the better choice based on the way Price has been playing of late. Sticking with Price 'through thick and thin' is noble, but Carolina won the Stanley Cup by ditching Gerber for Ward. Bad decision, eh? If Price starts (as he likely will), I'll root him on as usual, and won't be a bit embarrassed about anything if he wins.

Everybody wants to paint this as black and white, you're either pro-Price or anti-Price. Doesn't work like that - you should know that... Bush found that out after the 'either you're with us or against us' remark.

Old
04-30-2008, 03:03 PM
Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryder View Post
Except if you pay attention, most of those thinking Halak should get the start aren't Price-detractors at all. Some of us just feel Halak is the better choice based on the way Price has been playing of late. Sticking with Price 'through thick and thin' is noble, but Carolina won the Stanley Cup by ditching Gerber for Ward. Bad decision, eh? If Price starts (as he likely will), I'll root him on as usual, and won't be a bit embarrassed about anything if he wins.

Everybody wants to paint this as black and white, you're either pro-Price or anti-Price. Doesn't work like that - you should know that... Bush found that out after the 'either you're with us or against us' remark.

Well according to your Gerber/Ward analagy, isn't that what Monteal did already....ditch Huet for Price? According to your logic, unless I'm reading you wrong, you wanted them to do it again.....ditch Price for Halak for the "good of the team"? I dunno my friend, seems way way way to late in the game to be playing goalie caraselles...don't ya think? And don't forget, it seems its the "in thing" to do in Montreal as what it would it be withought a good ole fashioned goalie controversy...right?. I guess if I were you, I'd also like to play both sides of the fence.....be a proponent to make a goalie switch in a crucial Game 4 but not be emabarassed if the kid you want to replace has a great game. I mean how much better does it get than that for you.....you can't lose anyway you slice it except for a cynical fan who can see right thu it.....

Seriously, IMO, no need for any goalie changes whatsover....Price is your guy and so "be happy....don't worry.....be happy don't worry" or something like that said Bob Marley....heh

Old
04-30-2008, 03:06 PM
HF-Addict

Quote:
Well according to your Gerber/Ward analagy, isn't that what Monteal did already....ditch Huet for Price?
Gerber started the play-off. After many disappointing starts in the 2nd round, they went with Ward who was the back-up in the regular season and they ended up winning the cup. Huet was ditched months before the play-off started. That's why people are seeing similarities with the current situation.

We aren't Price haters because we would like to see Halak in. I just don't like the whole live and die with Price when we have a suitable replacement in Halak. I'm a habs fan first.

Old
04-30-2008, 03:40 PM
Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by HF-Addict View Post
Gerber started the play-off. After many disappointing starts in the 2nd round, they went with Ward who was the back-up in the regular season and they ended up winning the cup. Huet was ditched months before the play-off started. That's why people are seeing similarities with the current situation.

We aren't Price haters because we would like to see Halak in. I just don't like the whole live and die with Price when we have a suitable replacement in Halak. I'm a habs fan first.
Didn't Gerber just play games 1 & 2 against Montreal in Round 1, got 5 goals scored against in each (total 5 periods), got pulled for Ward at the beginning of the 3rd of game 2, and it was Ward from there on in?

I don't remember Gerber getting Round 2 games after the performance Ward had in Round 1 against the Habs.

Old
04-30-2008, 03:59 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo View Post
Didn't Gerber just play games 1 & 2 against Montreal in Round 1, got 5 goals scored against in each (total 5 periods), got pulled for Ward at the beginning of the 3rd of game 2, and it was Ward from there on in?

I don't remember Gerber getting Round 2 games after the performance Ward had in Round 1 against the Habs.
He got 2 starts against the Sabres in the ECF, after Ward was pulled.

1st start SO
2nd start - pulled... Ward back in.

Old
04-30-2008, 04:12 PM
Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania View Post
He got 2 starts against the Sabres in the ECF, after Ward was pulled.

1st start SO
2nd start - pulled... Ward back in.
Ah, ok! I must have still been in that post-elimination daze at the time!

Old
04-30-2008, 04:13 PM
pepperMonkey

Ditch Price for Halak? What the? No one is saying anything about ditching Price for Halak. Some are just thinking that giving Price a 1 game rest may be a good idea for all involved. Nothing more, nothing less. No bandwagon jumping that Price isn't good enough or as good as hoped or some other controversy. There is no controversy here.
Please, do not read any more into this as there is nothing else there to read.
We aren't implying Halak is 'better' than Price.
We aren't implying Price isn't good enough to be a starting goalie for the Habs.
We aren't implying we have lost confidence in Price.
We aren't implying Price is done/toast.
We aren't implying 'anything'.
Read this carefully. All we are saying is
"It may be a good idea to give Price a one game rest."
Period.

Old
04-30-2008, 05:05 PM
Beakermania*

Well it appears we have our answer.... put your thoughts there.

Closed Thread