HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

2009 depth chart

Old
04-29-2008, 11:43 PM
rangers4ever2007

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by theMessiah1194 View Post
I don't mind the team, but I don't think they could do some damage, our team now is better than this one.

couple comments:

-If Jagr comes back do we keep Straka?, if not, bye bye to both
-I'd keep Mara, he's a good steady vet, we need at least one
-I don't see why we can't keep Vally, he fine and loves his role and the team and is a decent backup
-ryder?? I'd take him, but meh
-I really want to see Sjo in a better role, the man can play
-would like to see Byers get a spot, if Jessiman or Korpedo can play, give em one too
i think they'll keep rozsival over mara

and they'll have byers and korpedo get a spot over jessiman

rangers4ever2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2008, 02:03 AM
Ace2008

what I'd like to see the blueshirts do is a sign & trade

sign Avery to a 1 or 2 yr 2.8 mill deal (I know he wants 4 but I want a second Jacuzzi doesn't mean I'm getting it)

rozsival for 3.9 mill for 2 yrs (his #'s have dropped 2 yrs in a row both in +/- and in goals scored, and he's been given a tremendous opportunity in the playoffs to shine...this year he hasn't.)

and then trade them both for 1 solid pick in the top 16(note that Columbus has 2 1st rounders and is looking for a good Center+ scoring Defender)

I'd look to keep Prucha and possibly resign him...don't judge him by this year since he hasn't had set linemates...I still wouldn't trade him if he's healthy and still growing

honestly I did like Ryder a few years ago...but since then he hasn't really elevated his Physical presence and the NYR badly need a true power Forward. They got 1 solid Center in Dubinsky who last year weighed in @ 224 lbs but he walks around after skating and naturally losing weight about 215, so he is a power forward but not exactly huge since there are at least 3-4 220lb blueliners on seemingly every team. Players that are thickly built and fast like Jagr(b4 this seasons slowdown) and LA's Dustin Brown(who @ 6'205lbs is thick but not tall) are what the blueshirts need more of.

in the upcoming draft M.Boedker looks intriguing like he could possibly develop into one of the top 3 all around players in the entire draft, but its highly unlikely that he becomes a NYR unless the blueshirts do a trade and unlike last seasons draft, teams don't seem interested in trading away their picks so it would take a major trade involving NYR picks+players to get it done.

Ace2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2008, 02:14 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace2008 View Post
what I'd like to see the blueshirts do is a sign & trade

sign Avery to a 1 or 2 yr 2.8 mill deal (I know he wants 4 but I want a second Jacuzzi doesn't mean I'm getting it)

rozsival for 3.9 mill for 2 yrs (his #'s have dropped 2 yrs in a row both in +/- and in goals scored, and he's been given a tremendous opportunity in the playoffs to shine...this year he hasn't.)

and then trade them both for 1 solid pick in the top 16(note that Columbus has 2 1st rounders and is looking for a good Center+ scoring Defender)

I'd look to keep Prucha and possibly resign him...don't judge him by this year since he hasn't had set linemates...I still wouldn't trade him if he's healthy and still growing

honestly I did like Ryder a few years ago...but since then he hasn't really elevated his Physical presence and the NYR badly need a true power Forward. They got 1 solid Center in Dubinsky who last year weighed in @ 224 lbs but he walks around after skating and naturally losing weight about 215, so he is a power forward but not exactly huge since there are at least 3-4 220lb blueliners on seemingly every team. Players that are thickly built and fast like Jagr(b4 this seasons slowdown) and LA's Dustin Brown(who @ 6'205lbs is thick but not tall) are what the blueshirts need more of.

in the upcoming draft M.Boedker looks intriguing like he could possibly develop into one of the top 3 all around players in the entire draft, but its highly unlikely that he becomes a NYR unless the blueshirts do a trade and unlike last seasons draft, teams don't seem interested in trading away their picks so it would take a major trade involving NYR picks+players to get it done.
both players will most likely get more than that.....and i dont think both come back to NY

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2008, 09:37 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangers4ever2007 View Post
i think they'll keep rozsival over mara

and they'll have byers and korpedo get a spot over jessiman
It really comes down to what Rozsival wants. Mara will certainly come cheaper.

04-30-2008, 12:09 PM
HVPOLARBEARS19

Send a message via AIM to HVPOLARBEARS19 Send a message via MSN to HVPOLARBEARS19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace2008 View Post
Assuming that Jagr doesn't get the Conne Smythe

Sjostrom------------Drury---------Malone/Ryder/Rolston(3.5 cap hit)

Callahan------------Gomez-------Shanahan(should get the C)

Jessiman------------Dubinsky----Dawes

Prucha---------------Anisimov----Betts

Hollwegg------------G.Moore-----Orr

Staal----Commodore(3.1-3.4 cap hit)

Tyutin---Girardi

Backman-Hill(600k$ cap hit)

Baranka--Pock

Sauer----Sanguinetti

Lundqvist-

Valliquette

thoughts---?

I know that getting russians like Cherepanov would be difficult since they have to fulfill their current obligation untill their current team releases them under new Russian Law unlike the malking situation where there was no real penalty for awol players....today the penalty is very real...
Oh my god...BARF.
Sjostrom on the first line...Hill, Backman, Commodore, Malone/Ryder/Rolston, no Avery...bleh, that is like 3 steps backwards.

HVPOLARBEARS19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2008, 12:36 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Straka - Dubinsky - Jagr
Ryder - Gomez - Avery
Drury - Anisimov - Dawes
Callahan - Betts - Sjostrom

Rozsival - Staal
Tyutin - Girardi
Orpik - Potter

Lundqvist

backup goaltender: Valiquette
extra skaters: Orr, Prucha, Backman, Mara

*bold represents new UFA signings.

Last edited by SupersonicMonkey*: 04-30-2008 at 01:00 PM.
SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2008, 12:43 PM
Forechecker

Send a message via AIM to Forechecker
Ryder - Dubinsky - Dawes
Drury - Gomez - Avery
Callahan - Anisimov - Prucha
Moore - Betts - Sjostrom

UFA - Staal
Tyutin - Girardi
Orpik - Potter

Lundqvist

extra skaters: Orr, Byers/Korp/Dupont, Backman

Last edited by Forechecker: 04-30-2008 at 01:02 PM.
Forechecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2008, 12:56 PM
DontStepanMe

Quote:
Originally Posted by PukkuMikku View Post
Straka - Dubinsky - Jagr
Ryder - Gomez - Avery
Drury - Anisimov - Dawes

Rozsival - Staal
Tyutin - Girardi
Orpik - Potter

Lundqvist

extra skaters: Orr, Hollweg, Prucha, Backman, Mara

um that is 25 players. I'm pretty sure you can't have that on the active roster during the regular season.

DontStepanMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2008, 12:59 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rags225 View Post
um that is 25 players. I'm pretty sure you can't have that on the active roster during the regular season.
Pretty sure it's 24.

Obviously one of Hollweg or Prucha would not be there.

Old
04-30-2008, 01:03 PM
Forechecker

Send a message via AIM to Forechecker
Quote:
Originally Posted by PukkuMikku View Post
Pretty sure it's 24.

Obviously one of Hollweg or Prucha would not be there.
The roster limit is 23, correct?

Forechecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2008, 01:06 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forechecker View Post
The roster limit is 23, correct?
I thought it was 24.

We were carrying 2 extra defensemen and 2 extra forwards all year.

Strudwick and Malik being scratched most nights.

And two of Orr, Hollweg, Prucha, Hossa being scratched most nights.

Or, was this due to one being injured?

hard to recall. i always thought it was 24 though.

Old
04-30-2008, 01:09 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Upon further research it is 23.

So i ill update.

Old
04-30-2008, 01:11 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Straka - Dubinsky - Jagr
Ryder - Gomez - Avery
Drury - Anisimov - Dawes

Rozsival - Staal
Tyutin - Girardi
Orpik - Potter

Lundqvist

extra skaters: Orr, Byers, Mara

Last edited by SupersonicMonkey*: 04-30-2008 at 01:27 PM.
Old
04-30-2008, 01:56 PM
Trxjw
Bored.

Something I've been thinking about today after reading some more threads talking about Malone, and our lack of ability to put a player in front of the net.

Do we already have that player in the form of Hugh Jessiman? Granted he's a huge underachiever so far, but can't you draw some conclusions to him and Ryan Malone? Would it be so outrageous to stick him on the 3rd/4th line and let him see some PP time in the pre-season? I mean, the guy is what, 6'6 230 or something? Couple his size with the grit he's been showing this year in Hartford, and maybe he is the guy we need there. He does have pretty good hands after all, I could see him banging in a few rebounds and drawing players to the front of the net.

I don't think anyone is still holding their breath for him to become the next Eric Lindros, but I think he could still fill a role on this team without having to go out and sign someone. I mean, how many teams in the league have d-men that could really overpower him? Chara, Gill, maybe Belak?

Brunette - Dubi - Jagr
Prucha - Gomez - Huselius
Callahan - Drury - Avery
Sjostrom/Orr - Betts - Jessiman/Byers

And my completely unrealistic d-corps:
Redden - Staal
Orpik - Klesla
Tyutin - Girardi

Trade Dawes + Backman + 2nd to Columbus for Klesla.

Last edited by Trxjw: 04-30-2008 at 02:30 PM.
Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2008, 02:05 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Ogrodnick-Kisio-Mullen
Miller-Ridley-Larouche
Vickers-Pavelich-Domi
Polis-Talafous-Bothwell

Liba-Djoos
Guevremont-Dore
Kleinendorst-Ledyard

Mio
Soetaert

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2008, 02:05 PM
xander

a few thoughts:

1. The 4 men in the middle will not change next year, and will most likely change little over the next 4 years. I think there's no way that some combination other than Drury-Gomez-Dubinsky-Betts centers the Ranger's 4 lines next year. Whether or not Anisimov forces his way onto the roster 2 years from now and forces one of them off the team or to the wing remains to be seen. But I don't see that happening next year.

2. While placing him on the top line is a silly idea, I do believe that Sjostrom was brought in as more than a future fourth liner. I think he will get a shot to produce on a scoring line (top 3) next year. I liked a bit of what I saw of him on the second line last night. His speed, physicality and forechecking ability are much needed, whether or not he sticks on a scoring line depends on whether or not he has the touch to produce points. I think we'll find out next year.

3. I think Shanny is done. I liked the move to bring him in, I liked what he's brought to this team over the last two years, but I don't see him keeping up enough to justify bringing him back.

4. Staal-Girardi-Tyutin-Backman will be here next year. The big questionmark is, of course, Rozsival. In this defensmen market, it's hard to see him not getting a big offer. I'd like to see him back, but it's a matter of price. I like much of what i've seen out of backman (perhaps more than most have), but I'm not sure if he can be counted on to step up and replace what rozsival brings. Of course, if the three youngsters all make significant steps, then we have fewer questions on the blueline. It would also be a mistake to count on a player like Sanguinetti to make the jump this soon, let him play in hartford and forget about him for a year.

5. Dawes and Prucha are redundant players, and Dawes has been better for almost a year. I really don't believe that we will see Prucha on the roster come next october, which is sad to say, considering the way his ranger career started.

Last edited by xander: 04-30-2008 at 03:03 PM.
xander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2008, 02:07 PM
xander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Would it be so outrageous to stick him on the 3rd/4th line and let him see some PP time in the pre-season?
Outrageous to give him a look in the preseason? Certainly not. But expecting any kind of production out him next year at the NHL level would be outrageous, considering his prior track record. He may have earned an outside shot in camp with his step up this year, but nothing more than that.

Now there are many pros and cons to going after Malone, but Hugh Jessiman should have nothing to do with that conversation.

xander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2008, 03:01 PM
squishy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Something I've been thinking about today after reading some more threads talking about Malone, and our lack of ability to put a player in front of the net.

Do we already have that player in the form of Hugh Jessiman?
No, we already have that player in the form of Dane Byers, who's best skill is his ability to set up in front of the net, deflect shots and knock in rebounds.

squishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2008, 03:38 PM
Trxjw
Bored.

Quote:
Originally Posted by squishy View Post
No, we already have that player in the form of Dane Byers, who's best skill is his ability to set up in front of the net, deflect shots and knock in rebounds.
I didn't know that. Haven't seen any Pack games.

Works for me.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote