HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ranger fan...Flyer hater here...

Old
04-30-2008, 12:32 PM
Fido22

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydee96 View Post
hahahaha

i can only imagine what his reaction would be, and her's if shes not aware of what your gonna answer.

the rest of the car ride could get ugly, and fast
It was odd all around. We were going to Boston to see some friends. He asks me if I was a sports fan. I said I was. He asks if I'm going to catch a Red Sox's game. I said, I don't know....maybe. He snipes "they are playing in LA this weekend" and looks at me intensely. I said fine, guess I'm not going to a Sox's game…. we are just going to visit some friends don’t know exactly what we’ll do. Then the female question. To which I answered something like "what? I, huh...well she's my gf...she's coming with me????? huh" sort of thing. My gf's first language is not English, so she just looked at me after we drove off saying "was that the normal way of asking"?.

Fido22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2008, 12:36 PM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by anarmandaleb View Post
Thanks for your support.
I think I like the Rag fans the most. Maybe because they hate us the least. Or maybe because they are actually classy. I like the Rags, too.
Maybe it's cuz the rags aside from the pens are the only other solid team in the east? Also, there's no reason y the pens shud win against the rangers... rangers shud play their anti-montreal game against the pens. Philly shouldn't be able to beat the habs either.... *sigh* I think at least the games were close.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2008, 12:47 PM
Maximus

Send a message via Yahoo to Maximus
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlandry77 View Post
Man your team has to get it together. First off thanks for the support.

I don't mind your team but can't stand Avery. Go and beat the Pens, I can't stand that team. Just beacuse they suck for years they always get the best players in the league.
Appreciate the words of support as well but unfortuantly and any true and honest Ranger fan knows, we've pretty much fired our best shots at the Penguins and they've answered two fold thereafter. Yes MAF is playing very well but he wasn't supposed to be totally outplaying Henrik...that wasn't in the plans. And our experience was supposed to trump their supposed talent advantage. Hasn't happened the way any Ranger fan thought it would go. Sure we've had our chances but sometimes and this is one of them, sometimes you simply gotta give credit to the other team and they are beating us fair and square. Refs haven't played a big factor as they've been quite fair and so that's the way it goes.

As far as Avery is concerned, he's a very toxic guy. You luv him if he's on your team and hate him if he isn't....pretty simple. That being said, I think even the biggest Avery hater out there doesn't hope that whatever is going on with him and the reason for him being rushed to a hospital isn't fatal or something like that.

Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2008, 01:12 PM
Ice Poutine
Photoshop Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fido22 View Post
Speaking of having females, I once had a US border guard look at my gf next to me in the car and then ask me "and what's the purpose of the female". I kid you not. Very strange fellow all around.
Should have answered him "She's my w.i.f.e.: Washing, Ironing, F***ing, Everything else."

Ice Poutine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2008, 01:13 PM
youngster

Yes, welcome and thanks for the support!!!

I thought you guys had a great comeback going last night till Hollweg had his hiccup....Hopefully you take at least a couple off them before the series is over.

youngster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2008, 01:16 PM
HF-Addict

I am cheering for the Rangers to make a miraculous comeback*. Anyway Thanks for the support!

HF-Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2008, 01:16 PM
Fido22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Poutine View Post
Should have answered him "She's my w.i.f.e.: Washing, Ironing, F***ing, Everything else."
Our going over the endless possibilities of replies passed the time the better part of the trip. Good times.

Old
04-30-2008, 01:41 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fido22 View Post
Speaking of having females, I once had a US border guard look at my gf next to me in the car and then ask me "and what's the purpose of the female". I kid you not. Very strange fellow all around.
Don't blame the guy.... he was probably confused when he saw a dog driving a car.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2008, 01:41 PM
Saint Patrick
2 rings in my hears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
Appreciate the words of support as well but unfortuantly and any true and honest Ranger fan knows, we've pretty much fired our best shots at the Penguins and they've answered two fold thereafter. Yes MAF is playing very well but he wasn't supposed to be totally outplaying Henrik...that wasn't in the plans. And our experience was supposed to trump their supposed talent advantage. Hasn't happened the way any Ranger fan thought it would go. Sure we've had our chances but sometimes and this is one of them, sometimes you simply gotta give credit to the other team and they are beating us fair and square. Refs haven't played a big factor as they've been quite fair and so that's the way it goes.

As far as Avery is concerned, he's a very toxic guy. You luv him if he's on your team and hate him if he isn't....pretty simple. That being said, I think even the biggest Avery hater out there doesn't hope that whatever is going on with him and the reason for him being rushed to a hospital isn't fatal or something like that.

Thanks for the support Maximus. Im not a fan of Avery neither, but ure right by saying that if u have him you love him if you dont you hate him. That being said i wish him the best and a full recovery, he might not be my favorite on the ice, but no one should wish anything bad to anyone off the ice.

I also wish things turned down differently with the Pens, after the hossa fiasco i cant help but hate the pens, I hope you guys somehow pull a miracle.

Best of luck !

Saint Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2008, 01:42 PM
Fido22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania View Post
Don't blame the guy.... he was probably confused when he saw a dog driving a car.
Americans

Old
04-30-2008, 01:46 PM
Bullsmith

Thanks man. And full respect back to the Rangers. They are night and day compared to the Flyers- a classy organization playing clean skilled hard hockey.

Bullsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2008, 02:31 PM
Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jusqu au Bout View Post
Thanks for the support Maximus. Im not a fan of Avery neither, but ure right by saying that if u have him you love him if you dont you hate him. That being said i wish him the best and a full recovery, he might not be my favorite on the ice, but no one should wish anything bad to anyone off the ice.

I also wish things turned down differently with the Pens, after the hossa fiasco i cant help but hate the pens, I hope you guys somehow pull a miracle.

Best of luck !

Not a problem. You know I gotta say this. Even being down 3 Zip to the Pens, I don't hate them. Even with Cindy diving all over the place, I don't hate them. IMO, its really hard to hate the Penguins. There are no real goons on their team. Yeah Ruutu can be a pest(sort of a Sean Avery lite) but he doesn't even bother me. Larouque, their resident enforcer, he's not a goon at all...he plays tough. So they really are hard to dislike.

Pens are just a great team that have players with mad skills....that's all there is too it. In a way they sort of remind me of your Canadians another team that is hard to dislike....Habs have lots of skill guys...no real super duper star like Pens do though Kovalev is as skilled as anyone, no goon at all that I can see. Heck I don't even think Habs have an enforcer and they have a goalie who is very easy to root for even if your not a Canadian fan.

So if Rangers can't make it to ECF, I think a Habs/Pens final would be very entertaining and good for hockey. That all being said, I can see why some Canadian fans might have a bit of distaste for Pens over the Hossa thing but hatred?...ummm...hardly?

Old
04-30-2008, 02:32 PM
Beakermania*

We hate the Pens; a home and home last year started a nice little rivalry with them... It wont take long for things with Max and Sid to get heated again.

First things first though.... gotta win tonight.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2008, 02:40 PM
Licou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
Not a problem. You know I gotta say this. Even being down 3 Zip to the Pens, I don't hate them. Even with Cindy diving all over the place, I don't hate them. IMO, its really hard to hate the Penguins. There are no real goons on their team. Yeah Ruutu can be a pest(sort of a Sean Avery lite) but he doesn't even bother me. Larouque, their resident enforcer, he's not a goon at all...he plays tough. So they really are hard to dislike.

Pens are just a great team that have players with mad skills....that's all there is too it. In a way they sort of remind me of your Canadians another team that is hard to dislike....Habs have lots of skill guys...no real super duper star like Pens do though Kovalev is as skilled as anyone, no goon at all that I can see. Heck I don't even think Habs have an enforcer and they have a goalie who is very easy to root for even if your not a Canadian fan.

So if Rangers can't make it to ECF, I think a Habs/Pens final would be very entertaining and good for hockey. That all being said, I can see why some Canadian fans might have a bit of distaste for Pens over the Hossa thing but hatred?...ummm...hardly?
It's easy for a Habs fan to really dislike the Pens for a reason. First off, I like them a lot, since I was a huge Lemieux fan back in the days and for now, I must say that I really love to see Crosby and Malkin play (Letang too!)

As for why some here might hate them, well, both our teams have gone through a rebuilding phase in the last few years. I would say that our isn't even finished yet, and it's been going on for... lots of years (suckiness - then rebuilding.) As for the Pens, it seems like they really burned some steps by just accumulating first overall picks because they iced ECHL calibre teams. Add the Crosby lotto win, and you can have a lot jealousy/envy for their luck and their "not even trying" way of rebuilding a team. All in all, we are both overall young teams with a couple of veterans, they are stacked with superstars and we aren't. But it always makes a good show when the pens and habs meet!

Anyway, good luck for your series, it's not over yet!

Licou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2008, 02:41 PM
Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullsmith View Post
Thanks man. And full respect back to the Rangers. They are night and day compared to the Flyers- a classy organization playing clean skilled hard hockey.
Thanks bro...appreciate it. I was thinking about it and I think the problem with Philly and why most Ranger fans hate them with a passion is that Philly has that living in the shadow of "NY syndrome". Its almost the same with Debbie and Fish stick fans. We are all so close to gether geographically...NY and the media giant that it is, just swallows them up and spits them out. And because of that alot of these Flyer fans and the city itself, you can tell feels dissrespected and they are extremely insecure. So when they end up playing the Rangers, its very very rare to find a Flyer fan who can think clearly and impartially. They are constantly blaming refs and this and that for their losses. Its like god forbid they ever admitted a team just came in and beat them cause they were better......its always some conspiracy thing.

And the Flyer team itself IMO takes on the personality of the city......very insecure....very blue collar and hard working, tough and they have no problem gooning it up. And that's why you'll always see littered across their roster more than most...guys who easily are 200 PIM per year guys and can be dirty. Don't get me wrong, I respect and like guys like MRichards,SGagne, JCarter and even DBriere(don't kill me for this....lol), I'd luv to have any of them on the Rangers. But for the most part, their players and fans are just a bunch of lunch pail types who get way too cocky when things are going good and are a bunch of pansy wussies when things go bad.

So once again, do me and Ranger fans a favor and kick the living crap out of them...beginning tonight!!!!....

Old
04-30-2008, 03:26 PM
compile
Give me Scotch!

vCash: 483
Send a message via Skype™ to compile
Thanks for the support.

Old
04-30-2008, 04:28 PM
Saint Patrick
2 rings in my hears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Licou View Post

As for the Pens, it seems like they really burned some steps by just accumulating first overall picks because they iced ECHL calibre teams. Add the Crosby lotto win, and you can have a lot jealousy/envy for their luck and their "not even trying" way of rebuilding a team. All in all, we are both overall young teams with a couple of veterans, they are stacked with superstars and we aren't. But it always makes a good show when the pens and habs meet!
Bravo my friend....that about sums it up for me.

Saint Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2008, 05:09 PM
AD

Quote:
Originally Posted by anarmandaleb View Post
If you answered with the following I'm through lurking you...
"To shut the **** up and make me a ****ing sandwich and get me a beer while she's at it. And to be barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen."
Through lurking as in "start open relationship"?

or

Through lurking as in "Its time to put my murder plan into action"?

AD is offline   Reply With Quote