HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > NHL Draft - Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NHL Draft - Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

LW Kyle Beach (2008, 11th overall, Chicago)

Closed Thread

Old
04-28-2008, 04:31 PM
Feed Me A Stray Cat

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Feed Me A Stray Cat
If he's around when the Devils pick in the early 20s they should take him.

Does he remind anyone of Akim Aliu's situation last year?

Old
04-28-2008, 05:17 PM
BennyBST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feed Me A Stray Cat View Post
If he's around when the Devils pick in the early 20s they should take him.

Does he remind anyone of Akim Aliu's situation last year?
i think mainly for the "attitude" issues, but Beach is more highly touted than Aliu, however Aliu didn't have concussion problems..

Old
04-28-2008, 05:36 PM
pc_md

How many concussions did he have exactly ? And how many games did he miss due to those concussions ?

Old
04-28-2008, 05:52 PM
rt
CoolWhiskyHotGravy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigger View Post
Missionary.
You are such a bore. Why not go with reverse cow-girl? It's a lot less work, after all.

Old
04-28-2008, 06:08 PM
rt
CoolWhiskyHotGravy

Anyway, Beach had a lot of questions being asked about his head before he suffered multiple, serious concussions. Knowing that, I'd be disappointed if my team took him in the first 20 picks.

I'm not sure if that was the purpose of this thread, though. The OP stated that he knew about the "head" drama, and was more interested in Beach's talent. I'm curious about the same thing. A lot of guys throw out that he's top 5 in talent, but his "issues" drop him out of the top 15. I've heard that a lot, but I wonder if the people who say it, actually mean it, or actually have any idea what they are talking about. With that, I pose this question...

Does Beach actually have superior or comparible upside to the likes of Filatov, Boedker, Wilson, and Hodgson? (the other top rated eligible forwards)

...I guess that's not an easy question to answer considering that Beach plays thousands of miles away from those players, so how about this one...

Does Beach actually have superior or comparable upside to the likes of Zach Hamill, Brandon Sutter, Colton Gillies, Peter Mueller, Michael Grabner, Gilbert Brule, Devin Setoguchi, and Kenndal McArdle in their draft years? (all top 20 WHL forwards in the last several years).

...or if we are going to put Beach's "brain issues" aside, maybe it would also be fair to put the "issues" of some of his fellow draft eligible, WHL forward, bretheren aside, as well. So, with that...

Does Beach actually have superior or comparible upside to the likes of Boychuk, Ennis, and Eberle? (putting their size issues, aside)

Old
04-28-2008, 08:40 PM
JeffYear92*

Perfect for Ottawa

Old
04-30-2008, 05:19 PM
giovanni

I would not mind if the habs took a chance on him. I think he is a high risk, high reward type of player. I think the worest that could happen is that he plays on thrid line in the NHL.

Old
04-30-2008, 05:22 PM
Hunter Gathers
Electrified Angels

Send a message via AIM to Hunter Gathers
Quote:
Originally Posted by giovanni View Post
I would not mind if the habs took a chance on him. I think he is a high risk, high reward type of player. I think the worest that could happen is that he plays on thrid line in the NHL.
Seriously?

The worst that could happen, if he doesn't get his head knocked around some more, is him being a crappy 4th liner.

Ryan Hollweg put up points in juniors. He's not as big as Beach, but look where he is now (questionable 4th liner who might've cost his team a win in the 2nd round).

There is a lot that can go wrong in Beach's development from now until he hits the NHL.

The fact that he was downright terrible in the playoffs is not something that makes me think he'll be a big-time impact player in he NHL.

Old
04-30-2008, 08:00 PM
giovanni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Seriously?

The worst that could happen, if he doesn't get his head knocked around some more, is him being a crappy 4th liner.

Ryan Hollweg put up points in juniors. He's not as big as Beach, but look where he is now (questionable 4th liner who might've cost his team a win in the 2nd round).

There is a lot that can go wrong in Beach's development from now until he hits the NHL.

The fact that he was downright terrible in the playoffs is not something that makes me think he'll be a big-time impact player in he NHL.
well if he can be healthy, i think he will be a good player in the NHL. Also, i do not think his attuitude will be the same in the NHL. The guy is only 18 so he will mature as a person. Look at Getzlaf, he matured when he came into the NHL.

time will tell. I would take a risk on him. what do you got to lose. If he dosen't work out in the NHL, trade him or relase him and let him play somewhere else. i am sure he won't be the only prospect that team has.

Old
05-03-2008, 11:43 AM
Cherepanisimov

does anybody know when he will probably be NHL ready

Old
05-03-2008, 12:53 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Anyway, Beach had a lot of questions being asked about his head before he suffered multiple, serious concussions. Knowing that, I'd be disappointed if my team took him in the first 20 picks.

I'm not sure if that was the purpose of this thread, though. The OP stated that he knew about the "head" drama, and was more interested in Beach's talent. I'm curious about the same thing. A lot of guys throw out that he's top 5 in talent, but his "issues" drop him out of the top 15. I've heard that a lot, but I wonder if the people who say it, actually mean it, or actually have any idea what they are talking about. With that, I pose this question...

Does Beach actually have superior or comparible upside to the likes of Filatov, Boedker, Wilson, and Hodgson? (the other top rated eligible forwards)

...I guess that's not an easy question to answer considering that Beach plays thousands of miles away from those players, so how about this one...

Does Beach actually have superior or comparable upside to the likes of Zach Hamill, Brandon Sutter, Colton Gillies, Peter Mueller, Michael Grabner, Gilbert Brule, Devin Setoguchi, and Kenndal McArdle in their draft years? (all top 20 WHL forwards in the last several years).

...or if we are going to put Beach's "brain issues" aside, maybe it would also be fair to put the "issues" of some of his fellow draft eligible, WHL forward, bretheren aside, as well. So, with that...

Does Beach actually have superior or comparible upside to the likes of Boychuk, Ennis, and Eberle? (putting their size issues, aside)
Once again you said it perfectly rt.

Old
05-03-2008, 06:22 PM
rt
CoolWhiskyHotGravy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
Once again you said it perfectly rt.
Said perfectly, or not, I'm still waiting for the answers to my questions.

Old
05-03-2008, 06:30 PM
LeftCoast

vCash: 50
I think Kyle Beach has Wendel Clark potential - in every way.

Old
05-03-2008, 06:36 PM
Canadiens1958

Injuries

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftCoast View Post
I think Kyle Beach has Wendel Clark potential - in every way.
Career shortened by injuries?

Old
05-04-2008, 12:25 AM
LeftCoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadiens1958 View Post
Career shortened by injuries?
Yup. A power forward with concussion issues early in his career raises a lot of warning flags.

Old
05-04-2008, 02:02 AM
Hockify

He is still a first rounder.
He will probably go 15th-20th overall.

Old
06-04-2008, 08:31 PM
nbducksfan19

Kyle Beach

My team is likely looking for a center in this years draft and i have had a very hard time evaluating this player. In many rankings he is a solid top 10 (somewhere around 7 or 8) but in others he is closer to 15. He seems to have the size and skill, but has been knocked for character issues (which i think aren't as big as people make them out to be, many great players have character issues in their young age, we must remember they are still very young and often a bit immature). Anyways, i want some insight on this guy, with his size and skill set does he have what it takes to be the next getzlaf or marleau, i know that is a stretch. Also do u think he is the best prospect in the draft at center after Stamkos, as there is Hodgson, Boychuk, Wilson, and Bailey all up their in the rankings?

Old
06-04-2008, 10:03 PM
babybruin

as a canuck fan, Im more concerned with what Ive heard about his concussion issues. a player that young who needs to be physical to be successful and has a concussion history definitely makes me pause.

Old
06-04-2008, 10:05 PM
nbducksfan19

interesting i didnt know he had a history of concussions.

Old
06-04-2008, 10:11 PM
Sean Garrity
Quack Quack Quack!

From everything i have read/heard, he nearly has an NHL ready skillset except maybe for skating. His biggest problem is his head, literally and figuratively. Supposedly he is just a nutcase on the ice. Off the ice however, i haven't heard much, though it was reported he got in fight in the lockerroom with his linemates. You can see my avatar and picture, and as a ducks fan this sounds a lot like Getzlaf so if he is there, i really hope the ducks take a chance so long myers is not there.

Last edited by Sean Garrity: 06-04-2008 at 10:31 PM.
Old
06-04-2008, 10:29 PM
babybruin

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbducksfan19 View Post
interesting i didnt know he had a history of concussions.
I believe hes suffered 2 concussions this season. This is more from reading these boards than first hand knowledge, but I think thats correct.

Old
06-04-2008, 10:49 PM
nbducksfan19

that is right, but i know one of them was a cheapsot punch after the game had ended, thus not really in the act of playing hockey. Also, it was a very solid punch, i too would be concussed and then some.

Old
06-04-2008, 11:02 PM
DaveG
Global Moderator
How's the thesis?

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbducksfan19 View Post
that is right, but i know one of them was a cheapsot punch after the game had ended, thus not really in the act of playing hockey. Also, it was a very solid punch, i too would be concussed and then some.

Not sure I'd call it a cheapshot when he pretty clearly instigated it all.

Guy is a total head case, in more ways then one, I wouldn't touch him with a 20 foot pole.

Last edited by DaveG: 06-04-2008 at 11:07 PM.
Old
06-04-2008, 11:35 PM
nbducksfan19

not sure a shove or facewash really warrants a haymaker, but it certainly was a nice shot

Old
06-04-2008, 11:57 PM
Jill Sandwich
Master of Unlocking

Send a message via MSN to Jill Sandwich
Talented big Dan Carcillo.

Closed Thread