HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Inline hockey, new to being a center

Old
04-30-2008, 05:02 PM
SiouxPride

vCash: 500
Inline hockey, new to being a center

Yes i know theres a thread already, but im like totally new to center, played 1st line rw and defence all mym life, and i got stuck in the 1st line center slot because of a serious injury to one of our guys, so ill eb there for a while.

Being totally new, and 1 st line cente,r i need to learn lotsa techneigues and stuff.

As much i know is, the back hand is the best way to win a face off as its stronger and to enver stop skating.

HELP!

SiouxPride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2008, 05:07 PM
BladesOfTeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gajic View Post
Yes i know theres a thread already, but im like totally new to center, played 1st line rw and defence all mym life, and i got stuck in the 1st line center slot because of a serious injury to one of our guys, so ill eb there for a while.

Being totally new, and 1 st line cente,r i need to learn lotsa techneigues and stuff.

As much i know is, the back hand is the best way to win a face off as its stronger and to enver stop skating.

HELP!
With inline hockey, it's more important to be on the same page as your linemate, rather than worrying about the specific responsibilities of a "center". It depends on the style that your team plays, but usually you should talk about who is first in on the forecheck, etc.

Inline hockey is more of a flowing, movement based game, so as long as there is good communication with your linemate, you should be fine.

As far as faceoffs, winning them back to your D is almost essential in every situation.

BladesOfTeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2008, 05:10 PM
SiouxPride

Thanks, Lines more flwoing yea, lotsa space, and speed and playmaking is the idea.

SiouxPride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2008, 05:15 PM
BladesOfTeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gajic View Post
Thanks, Lines more flwoing yea, lotsa space, and speed and playmaking is the idea.
You got it.

Skating off the puck to open space is a big one.

BladesOfTeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2008, 09:35 PM
TheBruinsFan

Send a message via AIM to TheBruinsFan
Like you said, use the backhand to win the faceoff back to the defense. I find thats the best way to spread out and get things moving. Try to communicate with whoever is on your line, if your winger (or wingers, my inline league plays 4 on 4) has the puck and is taking it wide, crash the net. If not I like to stay a few feet behind him for a potential drop pass or I go wide for an outlet option. I find I get a lot of garbage goals in inline hockey because it's less contact and more about speed, positioning, and having good communication and flow.

TheBruinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2008, 04:41 PM
Devil Dancer

Rebounds, rebounds, rebounds! If you think your winger is going to shoot, get to the net ASAP to clean up the junk.

Devil Dancer is offline   Reply With Quote