HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Dissatisfied with Carbonneau

Old
04-30-2008, 09:33 PM
lou4gehrig

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
Do you know who he had on those "expansion" teams? Probably not because the oldest player you probably know of is Chris Chelios.

Different times, different eras and one could coach...Carbo cannot. Couldn't last year, got lucky this year because of a Kovalev that played like he did in the 90's and got his linemate playing above their game as well...can't wait to see Carbo next year!

I'm predicting he "Mario Tremblay's" Carey Price ala Patrick Roy!
Harvey? Moore? Plante? Hall? 7,935 posts. I wonder what lack of a real life one needs to amass that many posts.

lou4gehrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2008, 09:34 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by huet the master View Post
The trade of Huet was done by Bob Gainey, not the coach, so why would I be out to get Carbo.
Huet would be a playoff rookie as well, what would he do? Score for Montreal??? They won't score Price or Halak...what would be different in Huet???

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2008, 09:34 PM
lou4gehrig

I'm glad Ryder is in the press box. He's got no heart. What a waste of a player. Just like his quitter brother.

lou4gehrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2008, 09:36 PM
Grabo59

Quote:
Originally Posted by lou4gehrig View Post
And the Huet (traded) and the Ryder fan (not-playing) both think Carbo is crap.

Imagine that.......................

Grabo59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2008, 09:37 PM
Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
Nope. BG has built a regular season team that has been proven to be much too soft/small for the playoffs. This team is playing really well, if we had size in front of the net we'd be up 3-1.

Guy and Kirk are probably asking what to do with this pile of sissy Mary's BG gave him.

Again, this is a team not built for the playoffs. I could be proven wrong, obviously.. but we barely got by Boston because of the lack of size/grit on this team.

Price stole round one, now the gaping holes are being exposed by another team with more grit/determination.

I'm not giving up, I'll always be a fan..hindsight is 20/20 etc but its no big surprise we are in the position we are in. You can't depend that heavily on your PP and not be exposed in the second season.

Carbs has been excellent... BG has to give him a few more gritty tools to work with.

You were doing really good untilyour last comment.

Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2008, 09:37 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Harvey? Moore? Plante? Hall? 7,935 posts. I wonder what lack of a real life one needs to amass that many posts.
All players past their prime stupid!

Old
04-30-2008, 09:38 PM
huet the master

Quote:
Huet would be a playoff rookie as well, what would he do? Score for Montreal??? They won't score Price or Halak...what would be different in Huet???
Huet has experience. He is not a rookie playoff goalie. Huet would not have to play in the playoffs, but a veteran presence would calm things down for Price. If things continued to go bad for Price like shown, I rather be able to put in Huet, than Halak, imo... right now a second rounder doesn't seem to be helping us.

huet the master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2008, 09:38 PM
Adam91

Quote:
I'm glad Ryder is in the press box. He's got no heart. What a waste of a player. Just like his quitter brother.
Exactly, when you can't score or are having a bad season it must be because your simply not trying

Adam91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2008, 09:39 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
More heart than that of what you'll ever have little man.

I'll remember a ***** like you and you will be the first I'll tant when Ryder is elsewhere scoring goal after goal and the Carbo lead Canadiens are struggling to get to 8th...little ****.

Old
04-30-2008, 09:39 PM
Grabo59

Quote:
Did this guy just post on a message board, and in his post he made fun of someone for posting on the very same board?

Old
04-30-2008, 09:41 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam91 View Post
Exactly, when you can't score or are having a bad season it must be because your simply not trying
Is that sarcasm or truth? When in the world does an NHL player not try????

Old
04-30-2008, 09:42 PM
Suiteness

Quote:
Is that sarcasm or truth? When in the world does an NHL player not try????
Have you ever heard of Alexei Yashin?

Suiteness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2008, 09:43 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabo59 View Post
Did this guy just post on a message board, and in his post he made fun of someone for posting on the very same board?
He is trying to say Scotty Bowman should have never been a coach again after failing in the playoffs in 3 straight NHL Cup Finals with the above...he is trying to compare Carbo to Bowman!

I'm trying to tell him that the players above were all past their prime and that they got where they did because of Bowman...for him to mention Bowman and Carbo in the same breath is crazy!

Old
04-30-2008, 09:44 PM
Nashy
The Honey Badger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suiteness View Post
Alexander Daigle, did you say?

Nashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2008, 09:45 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suiteness View Post
Have you ever heard of a bad season?

Not even close.

Old
04-30-2008, 09:45 PM
Dynasty

Quote:
Only someone with alot of baggage and a whole lot of prejudice would make such a rediculous statement...welcome to my ignore list

Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2008, 09:48 PM
Grabo59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynasty View Post
Only someone with alot of baggage and a whole lot of prejudice would make such a rediculous statement...welcome to my ignore list
I'd add him to my ignore list as well, but I'm in the mood for a good laugh and this guy's idiotic comments seem to be doing the trick.

Keep it up lou!

Old
04-30-2008, 09:51 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabo59 View Post
I'd add him to my ignore list as well, but I'm in the mood for a good laugh and this guy's idiotic comments seem to be doing the trick.

Keep it up lou!
He's on mine too, although I've sent a PM to myself to remind him next year whenever Ryder scores and proves him, Carbo and the Montreal management wrong!

Old
04-30-2008, 09:54 PM
Corey

Quote:
Scotty Bowman's first 5 years coaching in the NHL.

STL 67-68 Lost in Final
STL 68-69 Lost in Final
STL 69-70 Lost in Final
STL 70-71 Lost in 1st Round
MTL 71-72 Lost in 1st Round

He never should have gotten another job in the league.
You are so misguided, dearie. He coached a new expansion team. For 3 straight years he finished ahead of the 5 other expansion teams that entered the NHL at the same time as St. Louis and got to the finals against the powerhouse Habs and Bruins of that era. It was because of his excellence in coaching the Blues that Sam Pollock hired Bowman as the coach of le Canadien. You stopped at 1972 but in the 1973 playoss the Habs won the Cup.

Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2008, 09:57 PM
superstar436

Habs Have 2 Days Off

He Better Make Them Practice The Pp And The Pk Coz We Stink In These 2 Areas

superstar436 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2008, 10:01 PM
habtastic

Carbo coaches expecting his players to play like the players he played with and like himself. He is far more intelligent as a hockey mind than all the haters give him credit for. It's all the mistakes that are completely out of his control that people throw against him. Putting Begin out COULD have shut down the flyers for that shift. You think he expected that hit to happen? None of us did! Remember the Begin in the balls block earlier, why wouldn't you think he'd do the same thing. That play was totally a brain cramp on Begin. Second of all, Halak played great tonight. He didn't make any mistakes. The first goal was from the top of the circle...it was a hard shot to stop. The other goals, no chance. Putting in Halak was a good call. Smolinski helping to score the 2nd? How would anyone expect him to put the puck out there??? Usually he makes his characteristic dump into the zone. It was random and it hurt. Carbo is a Canadien great, everyone forgets that. I know you have to separate player from coach, but he's there for a reason. BG has faith in him. Last year people blamed him for Kovy NOT playing so shouldn't you give him credit THIS year for Kovy's success (if you are going to make that argument). Personally i'd rather have a former captain, a guy who gave up everything for the team and a guy who understand hockey. He speaks his mind and he knows what it takes to win. That doesn't = being able to prevent his players from making independently stupid plays. He took the team from 10th to 1st this year. We are not a team that is THAT talented that we could do this DESPITE our coach. Hopefully Higgins looks at his jersey and finds a little 21 in him.

The tie will win it for us. Believe.

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2008, 10:03 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey View Post
You are so misguided, dearie. He coached a new expansion team. For 3 straight years he finished ahead of the 5 other expansion teams that entered the NHL at the same time as St. Louis and got to the finals against the powerhouse Habs and Bruins of that era. It was because of his excellence in coaching the Blues that Sam Pollock hired Bowman as the coach of le Canadien. You stopped at 1972 but in the 1973 playoss the Habs won the Cup.
Corey have I told you that I always liked you!

Old
04-30-2008, 10:04 PM
Reuben

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
Nope. BG has built a regular season team that has been proven to be much too soft/small for the playoffs. This team is playing really well, if we had size in front of the net we'd be up 3-1.

Guy and Kirk are probably asking what to do with this pile of sissy Mary's BG gave him.

Again, this is a team not built for the playoffs. I could be proven wrong, obviously.. but we barely got by Boston because of the lack of size/grit on this team.

Price stole round one, now the gaping holes are being exposed by another team with more grit/determination.

I'm not giving up, I'll always be a fan..hindsight is 20/20 etc but its no big surprise we are in the position we are in. You can't depend that heavily on your PP and not be exposed in the second season.

Carbs has been excellent... BG has to give him a few more gritty tools to work with.
I agree. we could really use a couple gritty players who can score around the net who can play in our top six. Those pretty tic tac toe goals off the rush from the regular season are rare come playoff time. A huge portion of goals in the playoffs come off screens, deflections and rebounds. these things aren't our strengths and we only play this way in spurts.
not much can be done now, but these playoffs should make our needs crystal clear going forward.

A guy i loved to get is Ryan Malone after seeing him game in game out. He's a beast in front of the net and doesn't get nearly the credit he deserves. he creates alot of goals for his teamates without points to show for it many times.

I still think we have a chance to come back and if we don't let's hope so of our younger players learn from it.

Reuben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2008, 10:06 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reuben View Post
I agree. we could really use a couple gritty players who can score around the net who can play in our top six. Those pretty tic tac toe goals off the rush from the regular season are rare come playoff time. A huge portion of goals in the playoffs come off screens, deflections and rebounds. these things aren't our strengths and we only play this way in spurts.
not much can be done now, but these playoffs should make our needs crystal clear going forward.

A guy i loved to get is Ryan Malone after seeing him game in game out. He's a beast in front of the net and doesn't get nearly the credit he deserves. he creates alot of goals for his teamates without points to show for it many times.
Last years Michael Ryder...wow, players do have a bad season once in awhile!

Old
04-30-2008, 10:09 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Who cares if he wins or not. How many coaches were fired 1 or 2 years after winning that trophy. That has to be one of the trophies that just means so much.

You're not nominated, or you don't win, you lose your job in 3-4 years, you win the trophy, you lose your job in 3-4 years....if you're lucky...

Do you really think Vigneault is in Vancouver to stay??? And how many others lost their job maybe 1 or 2 years after winning???

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote