HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Am I Crazy?

Old
04-30-2008, 09:31 PM
TomPlex

vCash: 500
Am I Crazy?

Honestly, am I crazy to believe that after winning game 1, we should've swept this series? Am I crazy to believe that we've completely dominated this team, and that they're had incredible amounts of luck, great goaltending and the ability to capitalize on the 7 or 8 mistakes that we've made this series?

I'm sick of talking to Flyers fans who believe that THEY should've swept this thing! Are they really THAT delusional? Or is it me?

TomPlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2008, 09:32 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Your not crazy, thats for sure.

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2008, 09:32 PM
anarmandaleb

Am I crazy to have believed we would turn things around tonight?

anarmandaleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2008, 09:33 PM
Galchenyum
AGally+BGally

You are not crazy whatsoever, my friend.

Right now, we should be talking on a GDT for tomorrow's Pens and Rags game to discuss our next opponent.

Galchenyum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2008, 09:33 PM
TomPlex

Thank god! I'm so sick of those ****ing Flyers fans. They're actually claiming that they DESERVE THIS SERIES!!!

Old
04-30-2008, 09:34 PM
NHLcrazy

i've been called crazy...i think you're not though

NHLcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2008, 09:35 PM
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

Am I crazy to think we will comeback?

I honestly think next game if we score in the first period our guys will explode. Keep in mind we haven't lost 4 in a row all year and Philly was up 3-1 on Washington and forced to game 7.

YMCMBeaulieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomPlex View Post
Thank god! I'm so sick of those ****ing Flyers fans. They're actually claiming that they DESERVE THIS SERIES!!!
They've cashed in their opportunities, they probably do technicly *deserve* it.. It's just we've outplayed them some badly, in general common sense would dictate that we should have won every game thus far.

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Kue
Interviewing for GM

This team is young, and has an entitlement mentality among the younger players. They felt they deserved to easily sweep Boston, and we had to pull a game 7 out of our ass. They probably felt similarly versus Philly, and after game one it confirmed that they don't have to try worth **** until halfway through the game and it'll be alright. All of these close comebacks are neat that we can do them, but I'm not sure we can win this series without scoring first in at least two games.

Kue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2008, 09:36 PM
les3couleurs

Great goaltending is part of the hockey equation, so while you're not crazy, you disregard one important part of the game entirely. If it weren't for goaltending, we'd probably have like 12 Stanley Cups instead of 24.

The Flyers are just delusional to think they should have swept us, we won that first game fair and square and they keep seeing conspiracies against them everywhere. Just you, watch, if they win the series, they'll say they beat us and the refs the idiots.

les3couleurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2008, 09:37 PM
ed ible*

Am I crazy to think that Huet would of had an easier time against Philly with the Habs then with Washington??????????

ed ible* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2008, 09:40 PM
Boxscore
pre-Dead Puck Era

Let's give the Flyers a little credit. Really, let's give Biron credit. He may be the best player in the entire playoffs right now. We have all seen red hot goalies carry teams on their back in the playoffs.

Boxscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2008, 09:41 PM
Puckhead58*

Quote:
Honestly, am I crazy to believe that after winning game 1, we should've swept this series? Am I crazy to believe that we've completely dominated this team, and that they're had incredible amounts of luck, great goaltending and the ability to capitalize on the 7 or 8 mistakes that we've made this series?

I'm sick of talking to Flyers fans who believe that THEY should've swept this thing! Are they really THAT delusional? Or is it me?

The way the Habs have dominated this whole series....we should be celebrating a 4-0 sweep of the Flyers as we speak. But since our forwards are scared to get physical and scared to go to the net to score some goals....we are now losing 3-1 in a series that should have been a cakewalk!

The Flyers have only scored goals because the Habs made mistakes. They have been flat out lucky. Biron has been solid, but nothing special like everybody says. He hasn't had to make a tough save yet in this series.....he just stays in position and the puck hits him in the chest. He certainly hasn't stolen any games for the Flyers with his incredible goaltending, thats for sure and I'm frankly sick of hearing so much about him.

I guess I'm just frusterated. I feel let down. The Habs got my hopes all season only to be a huge disappointment in the playoffs. They are playing nothing like that have played all year IMO. They played with confidence all season, but I haven't seen that in the playoffs so far.

Puckhead58* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2008, 09:44 PM
ed ible*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheli24 View Post
Let's give the Flyers a little credit. Really, let's give Biron credit. He may be the best player in the entire playoffs right now. We have all seen red hot goalies carry teams on their back in the playoffs.

Great goaltending wins you cups....... period............The Habs are looking good for many years to come.............Stand pat.

ed ible* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2008, 09:45 PM
Brisk-Illusion

Its kinda funny we're using the same excuse lines as the Bruins used against us last series.

They dominated most of the games but were down 3-1 after 4 games.

They found a way to get themselves back in it pushing the series to game 7, lets see if we can do the same.

Brisk-Illusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2008, 09:47 PM
flappuck

The Flyers create their own luck while we don't...

flappuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2008, 09:48 PM
MonacoBlue

No, but it's eerily similar to Ottawa in the playoffs before last year.

MonacoBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2008, 09:51 PM
Habs_Apostle

Scary to think we were something like 30 seconds away from being swept. I don't know, something needs to change big time for the next game: Price needs to step-up and play like the confident goalie we know he can be. The team needs to get the puck back to the point and get the **** in front of Biron and get some garbage-ass goals.

Habs_Apostle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2008, 12:17 AM
orange and black48
BUTTHEAD!

Quote:

Swept? NO!!!!!

I believe that the series should infact be tied.

Just remember though guys it gets talked about all through the regular season...

Have a goalie get hot at the right time is key (if not key, then a contributing factor)in making a cup run.

orange and black48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2008, 12:25 AM
Kosti46

Quote:
Lets give credit where credit is truely due. Biron has not made many great or spectacular saves at all. Habs have hit many posts and shot many shots right at Biron. He has not played that great at all. Any good goalie could do what he has done.

He has been solid but the best player in the playoffs? You must be smoking good weed to think such untrue thoughts. Get real and learn what a great goalie does.

Then look at Biron. He has been above average and thats it. You Philly fans are about to run out of lucky charms.

Kosti46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2008, 12:26 AM
snakeye

Quote:
No.

Our shots aren't being screened, no one's going to the net, out pp blows... No it's not Biron. No.

snakeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2008, 12:33 AM
Vlad The Impaler

Quote:

First of all, it's amusing to see that the vibe around here is much similar to the vibe in Boston when they struggled against Montreal. There was all this bitter talk on their board about how they should have won this game and that game.

I don't think the Habs had any chance sweeping the series playing like ****. With the exception of the trustworthy Koivu, who is showing up like a warrior, most skilled players have played crappy hockey. It takes work ethic and talent to win the Stanley Cup. Against Boston, a team that is less talented than Montreal, the Habs got by without showing much work ethic.

Against Philly, a much more talented team, this will not work.

Regarding the 1st game, I think you are mistaken. Philly were obviously exhausted from playing their 3rd game in four days (I watched the last game against Washington, it was an all-out physical war) and Montreal didn't even capitalize much. I knew instantly the Habs would be in trouble if they didn't raise the bar.

They haven't.

And each game, the physical exhaustion that Philly had, the edge that the Habs possessed at the start of the series, is disappearing.

The formula for the Habs to win this series is pretty simple: If the skilled Habs work hard on a shift, outskate Philly and force them to commit, the Flyers will have to revert to a physical style. And Montreal responds well to teams that try to intimidate them.

But right now, all the Flyers have to do is to concentrate on trapping and quick counter-attacks. They're not forced to revert to neanderthalism and dumb plays.

The Habs are losing because the Flyers aren't trying to crush them physically. Their skilled forwards (and they have many, many of those) are content to just generate offense and make good on opportunities. The rest of the time, they play cat-and-mouse with a Habs team that seems to lack focus and heart.

Vlad The Impaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2008, 12:49 AM
ColePens
Global Moderator
Your Savior

Send a message via AIM to ColePens
I've watched every game.. and I can't figure out why you guys are losing. It honestly looks like you control tempo all game.... and like magic... Flyers are up 2.

ColePens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2008, 02:07 AM
TomPlex

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColePens View Post
I've watched every game.. and I can't figure out why you guys are losing. It honestly looks like you control tempo all game.... and like magic... Flyers are up 2.
My thoughts EXACTLY. We ARE controlling the play.

Old
05-01-2008, 02:19 AM
Galchenyuk x 27

vCash: 50
Quote:
My thoughts EXACTLY. We ARE controlling the play.
Unfortunatley controlling the play means nothing if we cant finish.

The PP has to Kovy AK46 and Pleks, thats what it was ALL year long!!!

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline   Reply With Quote