HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

I Believe... Don't Stop Believing... Don't Give Up; GO HABS GO

Old
05-01-2008, 12:40 AM
Maximus Taylor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Caballero View Post
Habs can win the series. Not to say they will, but they still can. Philly isn't Detroit. You can't say it's impossible for them to lose three straight. A few bounces here and there and they'd be out of this one already.
or we'd be.

Maximus Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2008, 12:45 AM
Gret99zky
Worst Thread Ever

vCash: 6964
Wow, what a terrible feeling. Totally deflated right now.

It's a sad and easy thing to blame the team, the PP, the refs, Kovy, Carbo, missed opportunities, open nets, Begin, leaving Briere wide open, etc. So I won't. It's all just the game. We know that.

Besides who has the energy and what the Hell difference will it make to rip the team?

The worst thing will be going into work tomorrow and hearing, "So what happened to your Habs last night?" Or, "Hahaha, I told you they would lose!"

Which will undoubtably pale in comparison to what our players are asking/telling themselves. And how they must feel.

Being down 3 games to 1? What a kick in the pills.

Tomorrow, "They're going to come back," will be my only response. No blame. No criticism, no excuses.....

Only Belief, Hope, & Faith--that this team will somehow find a way.

Gret99zky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2008, 12:56 AM
Phil Parent
Is Watching The D

vCash: 50
And if you don't believe -- Laugh!

We should try that. TK, Lapierre, Begin, Latendresse...

Phil Parent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2008, 01:34 AM
NASRT

I Still Farging Believe
I will Go On Farging believing in our boys
Habs win 3 straight and face the

Rangers

ok maybe not the Rangers but we'll Farging win this series
to da Bank

NASRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2008, 01:36 AM
MAROONSRoad
f/k/a Ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsPack View Post
Habs will win game five in Mtl on Saturday, the key will be winning game six back in Philly ... if they can do that then a seventh game is anybody's.

Canadiens are not out of this series yet, they have been the better team every game and if the bounces start going their way the remaining games won't even be close.
My thoughts exactly, and I'm not a huge Habs fan, just an interested observer that has watched all the games so far.

Premises:

1) Habs have been the better team for most of the series so far - bounces and goaltending by a small margin aside.
2) Habs have the will to win on Saturday in front of the home crowd (60/40).

That sets up...

3) A huge game in Philly to even the series (45/55).

After that, if the Habs get some bounces and win game 6, it's game 7 in Montreal, with the Habs having the momentum (65/35).

A long shot, maybe, but the key is for the Habs to take it one game at a time. Question is whether they have the character (and luck, etc.) to pull it off.

GHOST

MAROONSRoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2008, 01:40 AM
nerdman60

the only thing we got going for us right now is that we have game 5 at home. Like ghost said, win in front of our home crowd, gain some momentum and with game 7 at home, i like our chances. This series is similar to Vancouver & St.Louis in 2003. Vancouver was down 3-1 but because they had that extra home game, manage to come back and win it in 7. I believe.

nerdman60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2008, 02:00 AM
TheOldSage

Habs will win the next game at home, use the magic tie in game 6 and anything can happen

TheOldSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2008, 02:16 AM
Galchenyuk x 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTofMAROONSroad View Post
My thoughts exactly, and I'm not a huge Habs fan, just an interested observer that has watched all the games so far.

Premises:

1) Habs have been the better team for most of the series so far - bounces and goaltending by a small margin aside.
2) Habs have the will to win on Saturday in front of the home crowd (60/40).

That sets up...

3) A huge game in Philly to even the series (45/55).

After that, if the Habs get some bounces and win game 6, it's game 7 in Montreal, with the Habs having the momentum (65/35).

A long shot, maybe, but the key is for the Habs to take it one game at a time. Question is whether they have the character (and luck, etc.) to pull it off.

GHOST

I would even go as far as saying the habs have to take it 1 period at a time. Win the next 6 periods and then game 7 is anyones game

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2008, 02:37 AM
LadyIce

The Caps took the Flyers to OT of game 7 and the Habs can too!

The Caps would have won the game if Devorski and Koharski weren't total idiots. They allowed a goal on a really hinky play, they failed to blow the whistle when the puck hit the net , and lost their whistles from the last half of the second period until 6 minutes into the OT.

If the Caps don't get called for a penalty, we beat them and the Caps are playing the Pens and the Habs are playing the Rangers.

The thoughts of a Pens-Flyers finals in the East give me the heebie-jeebies.

GO HABS GO!

Don't Stop Believing!

LadyIce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2008, 03:02 AM
Galchenyuk x 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyIce View Post
The Caps took the Flyers to OT of game 7 and the Habs can too!

The Caps would have won the game if Devorski and Koharski weren't total idiots. They allowed a goal on a really hinky play, they failed to blow the whistle when the puck hit the net , and lost their whistles from the last half of the second period until 6 minutes into the OT.

If the Caps don't get called for a penalty, we beat them and the Caps are playing the Pens and the Habs are playing the Rangers.

The thoughts of a Pens-Flyers finals in the East give me the heebie-jeebies.

GO HABS GO!

Don't Stop Believing!
Although I agree the refs put their whistles away their is no debating the Flyers deserved a PP in the OT.

Although the call wasnt made on teh right play. 2 minutes prior to the penalty call their was a trip that was not called that was gonna be a clear cut breakaway for the flyers.

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2008, 03:53 AM
DieHardHabs

very frusterating game,series for that matter... just doesnt seem ment to be with the way things have gone, we have played great hockey in our mind,... time to make some changes in the line up... time to give er all we got... i believe

go habs go

DieHardHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2008, 04:31 AM
Kosti46

I am with you.

Long live the Canadiens and their spirit. Never say die. I will never give up on the Habs

Onward to WIN it in 7!

Kosti46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2008, 04:37 AM
Kosti46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gret99zky View Post
Wow, what a terrible feeling. Totally deflated right now.

It's a sad and easy thing to blame the team, the PP, the refs, Kovy, Carbo, missed opportunities, open nets, Begin, leaving Briere wide open, etc. So I won't. It's all just the game. We know that.

Besides who has the energy and what the Hell difference will it make to rip the team?

The worst thing will be going into work tomorrow and hearing, "So what happened to your Habs last night?" Or, "Hahaha, I told you they would lose!"

Which will undoubtably pale in comparison to what our players are asking/telling themselves. And how they must feel.

Being down 3 games to 1? What a kick in the pills.

Tomorrow, "They're going to come back," will be my only response. No blame. No criticism, no excuses.....

Only Belief, Hope, & Faith--that this team will somehow find a way.
A beautiful description of the love and sadness felt by all of us. Love for our team and the Sadness of seeing it all flow the other way.

But we have another game to play. With many possibilities ahead.

Your words take one into the feeling of it all in a powerful way. Thanks.

Kosti46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2008, 05:06 AM
Qui Gon Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
I consider myself a real Hab fan, but sadly I can't say there is a smile on my face at the moment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfan2009 View Post
Im a real fan and there is no smile on my face tonight,very sad by the game tonight but hoping there will be a smile on my face saturday night along with all the other hab fans, WE CAN DO IT AND WE WILL DO IT...DONT GIVE UP

DRIVE FOR 25!!!
GO HABS GO!!!!
That's understandable guys. We put so much effort into cheering for our boys and believing in them, it is inevitable that when they stumble, it brings us down for a while. But the smiles will come back soon enough and the cheering will continue as ever. Even if things go south in this series, there is still reason to be happy, in time, for the future this team has.

But for anyone who is not yet able to cheer up, for anyone too deflated by the loss last night, think about this, it might just help. You are a hockey fan. It is the post season. You could be a fan of a hockey team that makes a hero out of Ron Hextall and Bobby Clarke. Who encourage their fans to run around shouting "VENGEANCE!!" for reasons not yet discovered. Who wear bright orange jerseys. But you aren't.

Now isn't that a relief

Qui Gon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2008, 05:19 AM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qui Gon Dave View Post
That's understandable guys. We put so much effort into cheering for our boys and believing in them, it is inevitable that when they stumble, it brings us down for a while. But the smiles will come back soon enough and the cheering will continue as ever. Even if things go south in this series, there is still reason to be happy, in time, for the future this team has.

But for anyone who is not yet able to cheer up, for anyone too deflated by the loss last night, think about this, it might just help. You are a hockey fan. It is the post season. You could be a fan of a hockey team that makes a hero out of Ron Hextall and Bobby Clarke. Who encourage their fans to run around shouting "VENGEANCE!!" for reasons not yet discovered. Who wear bright orange jerseys. But you aren't.

Now isn't that a relief
lol...thanks QGD now I have a smile on my face.

05-01-2008, 05:25 AM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

its not one of those typical 3-1 series leads where it seems like there is no hope.

If Carey Price has a big game 5, watch out.

BTW, the schedule works out well. Montreal is given an extra day to re-group before the next game. It could well slow down the flyer momentum slightly, and allow montreal an extra day to get back in the right mental frame of mind.

If the habs win, then they get to roll that momentum right into the very next day for game 6. Of course, game 7 is at home.

But the fact of the matter is, the longer this series goes, the more the rested pens will be licking their chops.

Last edited by Hackett: 05-01-2008 at 05:36 AM.
Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2008, 06:14 AM
HabsOfSteel

It sure doesn't look good, but I still believe.

And if we do comeback and win, I say we track down everyone who didn't believe anymore and ban them 'till next year!

HabsOfSteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2008, 07:00 AM
Crusher20

Send a message via AIM to Crusher20 Send a message via Yahoo to Crusher20
Break the Philadelphia Flyers

Lets them eat there word, lets win them, I mean they are lucky as hell.. lets bring them back home, lets bring them back to hell, lets score lets play like beast, lets crash Biron, lets play there game and master it.. its part of a learning process. we can make it guys.. lets make them regret there arogance despite sucking.. history as no place for real losers.. lets DO IT !!

WHO CARES ABOUT 3-1, LETS CARE ABOUT, HOME, WIN, 3-
2, GET MOMENTUM 3-3 AND BREAK THEM IN GAME 7 AT
HOME !!!!! ITS POSSIBLE !!

with a little help..

Crusher20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2008, 07:40 AM
Rushin Joo

Send a message via MSN to Rushin Joo
Holy **** that was lame.

Rushin Joo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2008, 07:55 AM
Crusher20

Send a message via AIM to Crusher20 Send a message via Yahoo to Crusher20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrychair View Post
Holy **** that was lame.
I guess you prefer to post on the Bashing Begin Thread. go ahead.

Crusher20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2008, 08:12 AM
CoffeeShopDanish

One game at the time
We will win game #5

Go Habs Go!

CoffeeShopDanish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2008, 08:14 AM
Judge Sauer*

Well....I'd be all up for it if Carbs would give me some ice time.....

Judge Sauer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2008, 08:18 AM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge Sauer View Post
Well....I'd be all up for it if Carbs would give me some ice time.....
Ryder, is that you?

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2008, 08:18 AM
ThePriceisRight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusher20 View Post
Lets them eat there word, lets win them, I mean they are lucky as hell.. lets bring them back home, lets bring them back to hell, lets score lets play like beast, lets crash Biron, lets play there game and master it.. its part of a learning process. we can make it guys.. lets make them regret there arogance despite sucking.. history as no place for real losers.. lets DO IT !!

WHO CARES ABOUT 3-1, LETS CARE ABOUT, HOME, WIN, 3-
2, GET MOMENTUM 3-3 AND BREAK THEM IN GAME 7 AT
HOME !!!!! ITS POSSIBLE !!

with a little help..
Not lucky this is a good team with solid goaltending, awesome PK and knows how to convert their chances! Habs need to improve a lot to win this series!

ThePriceisRight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2008, 08:20 AM
Guillemin

If, by lucky, you mean "more suited to playoff hockey", then you are correct.

Guillemin is offline   Reply With Quote