HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Simple YES or NO....are we done?

Old
05-01-2008, 09:16 AM
TheOldSage

vCash: 500
No, Price has to steal some games

TheOldSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2008, 09:19 AM
TroyM

Did we not beat them 4 times in a row during the season? Well, this is only 3 in a row. Should be simple enough right? We win Saturday and the boys gotta wake up and feel that fate is swinging their way, then who knows. 2 in a row is nothing, fight it out in Philly and take it home for the win.

I thought Boston was DONE like dinner after it was 3-1 but hey, they battled it to 7. If Boston can do it, we sure as hell can. I believe in this team, and if they win Saturday I'll be dancing until I pass out.

Wish it was today...

TroyM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2008, 09:21 AM
Vilgrain

why would we be done?
they are still matches to be played

i don't get it

Vilgrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2008, 09:30 AM
speed11

go **** yourself san diego

speed11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2008, 09:35 AM
Tuggy
Homer glasses on

vCash: 1484
With a bounce or two in the other direction this series could be completely different. It's not like we are being steamrolled by them, so it's not crazy to think we can come back. Take it one game at a time...win on Saturday and then move on Sunday.

Remember this from 2004

How we lost that Game 4 in OT to go down 3-1 and everyone thought we were finished? Not saying we will come back this time but don't lose faith.

Tuggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2008, 09:36 AM
Gros Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vilgrain View Post
why would we be done?
they are still matches to be played

i don't get it
Totally agree, we're not done. Lemme see, we were up 3-1 vs BOS and that went to 7 games, what's to say it won't happen again?

Gros Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2008, 10:01 AM
Westcoasthabsfan

No, but are threading on very thin ice....How bout scoring first and see how it goes....

Westcoasthabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2008, 10:02 AM
optimus2861

Yes.

We've lost 6 of our lost 9 games, were outplayed for the bulk of the Boston series, have displayed no killer instinct against a very beatable Flyers team, and there have been no signs that the team is adjusting its style of play for the playoffs. Still too cute, too fancy, too much play on the outside. It produces lots of shots and the rare blowout win, but without great goaltending (game 4 Bos) and/or lucky bounces (game 1 Phi), doesn't win the close ones.

I think the comparison to the 05-07 Sabres is accurate. Fast & talented, but not tough enough to get it done in the post-season.

optimus2861 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2008, 10:06 AM
Puckhead58*

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudethedude66 View Post
Just a one word answer is sufficient....YES or NO

YES!!!
We can't score, we can't get the lead, we can't do anything on our powerplay, which was the bread and butter all year long and we can't get solid playoff goaltending. So in my opinion.....the Habs are done and will be eliminated from the playoffs after the next game.

Don't bother calling me down for saying this either, I am a loyal Habs fan but I refuse to say they will win the series when all signs are pointing at NO.

Puckhead58* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2008, 10:07 AM
Habs _Fan

NO. If Washington came back against them in the 1rst round, we can.

We will know as soon as the 1rst period saturday. If we can take an early lead, score a couple of goal, gain in confidence and win the game like we did in the game 7th against Boston, we will return in Philly with confidence and we have a chance to win. Everything is a question of confidence.

On a game 7th, we will have a big momentum advantage.

A steal by our goaltender will be a good thing to....

NO, it's not over. We took the difficult way but we can win 3 games in a row against them if we can find or confidence.

Habs _Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2008, 10:26 AM
Chomsky

Alright, I chilled out from last night's frustration, and I'm definately saying NO it is NOT over. We just need a ******* LEAD to make the momentum and luck turn, and we WILL get it.

Habs in 7. Damn I feel lonely in class, I am the only one wearing my jersey in the entire school.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CacaLauncher23 View Post
Yes, I think we're done.

I think so far, the habs post season has been disappointing and not at all a reflection of the regular season.

Name the cliches you want, not enough experience, the playoffs are a whole new season, not enough north americans, bad referees, blah blah blah blah

The Habs are choking, plain and simple.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guillemin View Post
Yes.

The failure to adapt to the Flyers game and implement stategies that would clearly help (better utilizuing screens on the PP and pushing the limit after the play in the goal crease) is indicative of the single minded style of play the Habs live and die by. And that style of play just isn't good enough when your players fail to finish as often as we have the past two games.

We might steal the next one, but it's not going to Game 7.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LePoche69 View Post
Sadly YES for this year... But man, NO for the next 5 years.

Youngsters are getting experience.
and Gainey and co. have a chance to see the real nature of some.

So with more experience...
one or two key signatures...
Maybe on FA signing...
...and we're back in the playoffs, with a good chance of winning.

That said, watching the games untill now, I think Gainey moves could be unpopular. Playoffs right now shows that Habs allready have enough talent to control a game. I think he'll go for more grit that can score more than a Begin-type, and at the right time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by optimus2861 View Post
Yes.

We've lost 6 of our lost 9 games, were outplayed for the bulk of the Boston series, have displayed no killer instinct against a very beatable Flyers team, and there have been no signs that the team is adjusting its style of play for the playoffs. Still too cute, too fancy, too much play on the outside. It produces lots of shots and the rare blowout win, but without great goaltending (game 4 Bos) and/or lucky bounces (game 1 Phi), doesn't win the close ones.

I think the comparison to the 05-07 Sabres is accurate. Fast & talented, but not tough enough to get it done in the post-season.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckhead58 View Post
YES!!!
We can't score, we can't get the lead, we can't do anything on our powerplay, which was the bread and butter all year long and we can't get solid playoff goaltending. So in my opinion.....the Habs are done and will be eliminated from the playoffs after the next game.

Don't bother calling me down for saying this either, I am a loyal Habs fan but I refuse to say they will win the series when all signs are pointing at NO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zuklander View Post
yes. now you know what it feels like to be the first seed and get booted and have your hearts broken.

sincerley,

Andrew Raycroft 2004 bruins
I think Chezz will agree with me here when I say:

GTFO NOOBS!!!!

Chomsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2008, 10:26 AM
Gros Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuklander View Post
LOL yes, you are very smart! But I never expect them to win the cup! Habs fans expect it even when they are the last seed or have a terrible team. You will not win the cup. You will not beat philly. See you in october.
Agreed. Hard to imagine the bruins winning the cup.

Gros Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2008, 10:28 AM
ToysInTheAttic

NO....

ToysInTheAttic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2008, 10:30 AM
The n00b King *

Hell no. If there's one team that I think we can comeback against, it's Philly, no doubt.

If we can score first, I think we will win.

The n00b King * is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2008, 10:32 AM
NASRT

NO

You will all come to realize Carbo's genius..We have a rested Price 5 Days rested! to take 3 in 4 nights

mark My words

NASRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2008, 10:32 AM
chitownhabsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guillemin View Post
Yes.

The failure to adapt to the Flyers game and implement stategies that would clearly help (better utilizuing screens on the PP and pushing the limit after the play in the goal crease) is indicative of the single minded style of play the Habs live and die by. And that style of play just isn't good enough when your players fail to finish as often as we have the past two games.

We might steal the next one, but it's not going to Game 7.
I agree.

chitownhabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2008, 10:36 AM
habfan4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gros Bill View Post
Agreed. Hard to imagine the bruins winning the cup.
Such an event is often referred to as a wet dream.

habfan4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2008, 10:36 AM
BLONG7

Quote:
Originally Posted by NASRT View Post
NO

You will all come to realize Carbo's genius..We have a rested Price 5 Days rested! to take 3 in 4 nights

mark My words
Agree...we are not done, not even close...

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2008, 10:37 AM
Habitants

NO!

they could have won each of the games they lost, but did not capitalize on their chances! if they had no chances then they would be done, but they really need to concentrat on burrying those pucks!

again for the 4th time they gots 2 goals against to start the game! unbeleivable! i still say that if they score first they can WIN! did you see how fast they scored those 2 goals in the 3rd?! it did not look so hard! they need to do that in the first period!! if they can do that in the first, im sure Price will come back strong for them!

i still beleive they can win this series!

Habitants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2008, 10:37 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
No.

Come out flying again on Saturday,hit them hard all night so that they will be all banged up for Sunday night.

We will win this series!

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2008, 10:41 AM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudethedude66 View Post
Just a one word answer is sufficient....YES or NO
not yet, I say at least 2 more games

VAN-HAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2008, 10:43 AM
Andrighetto Fabolous
Ghetto

The only time we lost three games in a row this year we came back and won 4 in a row. Time to believe and if you don't, then GET THE **** OUT!

Andrighetto Fabolous is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2008, 10:44 AM
Roo

You guys really dont give your team enough credit. I can see many more teams with less soul/emotion in this league. If any team can do it, I would put my money on yours.

Not over by a long shot.

Was it over when you were up 3-1 on BOS? You are running into their exact situation. A HOT goalie. What do you do? Make sure he cant see shots. Your team needs to do a better job screening him. One game is all it takes, win one, and you have the momentum going back into Philly. Pull that one off and its your series to lose.

Montreal can win 3 games in a row, no doubt.

Roo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2008, 10:45 AM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:
Originally Posted by HallyHabsFan21 View Post
The only time we lost three games in a row this year we came back and won 4 in a row. Time to believe and if you don't, then GET THE **** OUT!

Go Habs Go

VAN-HAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2008, 11:15 AM
dlandry77

NO! We by far have a better team but our goaltending has to be better either from Price or Halak. We need great goaltending not average. That has been the difference. We are the only team that stands a chance against the Pens and thats 100% true statement.

dlandry77 is offline   Reply With Quote