HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

s.kost and latendresse

Old
05-01-2008, 11:32 AM
TSV

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to TSV
s.kost and latendresse

2 youngs players, 2 things too say !!

S.KOST : Shoot the damn puck !!!!!!!!! your passing doesn't work anymore... easy for biron to know that no shot is coming from kost jr. + you always showed you like rough stuff !! than get nasty !

LATS : he's getting busy in front of the net, ain't afraid... than Carbo, tell me why he wasn't on the ice at the end of the game when you need traffic in front of biron !! instead, you put A.Kost who isn't willing to pay the price... sorry but against the flyers, on the PP and when you are trailing, you need big body in front... the only one who does it, his LATS ... take some risk guy !

TSV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2008, 11:37 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSV View Post

S.KOST : Shoot the damn puck !!!!!!!!! your passing doesn't work anymore... easy for biron to know that no shot is coming from kost jr. + you always showed you like rough stuff !! than get nasty !

LATS : he's getting busy in front of the net, ain't afraid... than Carbo, tell me why he wasn't on the ice at the end of the game when you need traffic in front of biron !! instead, you put A.Kost who isn't willing to pay the price... sorry but against the flyers, on the PP and when you are trailing, you need big body in front... the only one who does it, his LATS ... take some risk guy !
Since when is A.Kost not a guy who pays the price in front of the net? He's scored half his goals this year from 10 feet in.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2008, 11:40 AM
xeric716x
Born To Expire

SKost has to be selfish and shoot more

xeric716x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2008, 11:41 AM
superstar436

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Since when is A.Kost not a guy who pays the price in front of the net? He's scored half his goals this year from 10 feet in.
I agree
+1

superstar436 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2008, 11:42 AM
TSV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
you're right, but not in this series... saddly

markov, streit, koivu, plek, a.kost and kovy on the ice under a minutes... the only one that shows he's willing to go in front in this series is the smallest one... plek was there to take the faceoff in case... so the only one I would switch for lats was a.kost.

Last edited by TSV: 05-01-2008 at 11:47 AM.
Old
05-01-2008, 11:45 AM
zzoo

Agenda for S. Kost this summer: practice the shots.
For Latendresse: skating.

zzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2008, 11:46 AM
pepperMonkey

Quote:

Umm...you forgot to complain about
Brisebois
Higgins
Kovalev
Markov
Plekanec
Streit
All our offensive guys minus Koivu...be fair will ya?

pepperMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2008, 11:50 AM
TSV

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepperMonkey View Post
Umm...you forgot to complain about
Brisebois
Higgins
Kovalev
Markov
Plekanec
Streit
All our offensive guys minus Koivu...be fair will ya?
my point is a the end of the game, Lats need to be in front of the net...
many habs doesn't pay the price...

Old
05-01-2008, 11:56 AM
pepperMonkey

Quote:
my point is a the end of the game, Lats need to be in front of the net...
many habs doesn't pay the price...
Many? RIght now I would say no one does...well, none of our offensive guys anyhow.
Generally speaking I couldn't care less how we do it but at the end of the game, we need to score more. Lats in front of the net? Fine. Lats IN the net? Fine. Lats taking a shot from our blueline and scoring? Fine. Someone actually scoring on those empty nets? Fine. We just need to bloody finish.

pepperMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2008, 12:20 PM
5 man unit

didn't s. kost have 5 shots last night?

5 man unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2008, 12:50 PM
Crusher20

Send a message via AIM to Crusher20 Send a message via Yahoo to Crusher20
I really came from an oppossite to another with latendresse, I liked him a lot, liked his physical aspect has a rookie and shooting ability, the older he becomes the laziest and dumber he becomes.. now, he doesnt play phisical, he doesnt shoot, doesnt pass at all.. nothing, useless... and doesnt seem to accept it either, he seem very satisfied.. i wonder what would change him.. do you think the Fight Club sequence with the Korean guy would work on latendresse?.. pull up a gun and then see if he doesnt work his ass off.. or.. would he just say... SHOOT!!! ?

Crusher20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2008, 01:04 PM
Dan K
HFBoards Partner

Send a message via MSN to Dan K
Sorry but I thought Latendresse had an awful game last night. Yes, he's willing to go to the net, but he wasn't doing it enough. And too many misplays with the puck. Maybe 1-2 good shifts.

Of course, Higgins, Plekanec, Andrei Kost, and others aren't carrying their weight up front either, but still, colour me unimpressed with Lats.

Here's to Ryder for Saturday night!

Dan K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2008, 01:07 PM
anarmandaleb

Quote:
Originally Posted by #11 Saku Koivu View Post
Sorry but I thought Latendresse had an awful game last night. Yes, he's willing to go to the net, but he wasn't doing it enough. And too many misplays with the puck. Maybe 1-2 good shifts.

Of course, Higgins, Plekanec, Andrei Kost, and others aren't carrying their weight up front either, but still, colour me unimpressed with Lats.

Here's to Ryder for Saturday night!
Seriously? Lats has had far worse games. Yes, those games were not as important but it seemed like he was the only one willing to go to the net. We need net-crashing. For serious.

anarmandaleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2008, 01:09 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
Speaking of Lats, anyone else think he showed pretty decent speed last night after his slow acceleration?

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2008, 01:12 PM
guest1467

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Speaking of Lats, anyone else think he showed pretty decent speed last night after his slow acceleration?
Yes I did, he is definitely improving in alll areas of his skating.

guest1467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2008, 01:15 PM
Maximus Taylor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
isn't it Hatcher that he beat?

I read somewhere, and it made sense, that he is indeed a bit slower than average, but not *that* much. Fact is, a good proportion of the young habs are speedsters so when you compare...

Maximus Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2008, 01:43 PM
Canuck71

I agree with the S.Kostitsyn statement. He is trying way to hard to force passes that arent there when he himself has an equal or better chance at scoring.

Canuck71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2008, 01:48 PM
Guy Germaine

Quote:
Originally Posted by #11 Saku Koivu View Post
Sorry but I thought Latendresse had an awful game last night.
He friggin stinks. Absolutely HORRIBLE!!

Guy Germaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2008, 02:17 PM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Latendresse is never in front of the ****ing net.

The guy is a pansy.

Forget it, I hope we sign Pacioretty and bring him up for that reason alone.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2008, 02:40 PM
CrisisInMTL

Lats needs to work on his skating, both ways. He looked brutal on the Flyers 2nd goal (I think it was the 2nd) skating back slowly with one hand on his stick as the guy he's supposed to be chicking scored. Great playoff effort in a must win game.

I think S Kost has been one of our better forwards this playoff, he's bringing intensity that alot of our forwards lack, IMO.

CrisisInMTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2008, 03:49 PM
Erika

Quote:
Originally Posted by Front Office View Post
Lats needs to work on his skating, both ways. He looked brutal on the Flyers 2nd goal (I think it was the 2nd) skating back slowly with one hand on his stick as the guy he's supposed to be chicking scored. Great playoff effort in a must win game.

I think S Kost has been one of our better forwards this playoff, he's bringing intensity that alot of our forwards lack, IMO.

Agreed, everytime Sergei was on the Ice, the Habs had some scoring chances... It's just that he always tries to look to pass first. That will come with experience though. The second best forward in this series easilly. Last game, he could've had at least 3 points if the bounces was in our way...

It's not like some supposed scorer wearing the A that has done nothing in theses playoffs... cough "Higgins" cough...

Erika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2008, 04:06 PM
mcphee

I thionk a lot of players are finding out that what works during a season, is very different from what works when youy see the same team for 2 weeks. Notice that the last few games, who's been standing in front and competing for rebounds ? Koivu. You get to a point that the curl and drag and look for the trailer plays, just aren't there.

I don't think anyone is traffic shy, though Pleks has taken some shortcuts. I think everyone's working, but a few guys are lost right now. The younger players are learning that the playoffs demand a differnt type of commitment. I believe in the characater of most of them and think they'll continue improving but right now, Koivu's the one showing where you have to go to score.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2008, 04:43 PM
Corey

Quote:

I was looking at Latendresse's team-leading scoring totals. For some reason I couldn't find much. He's being badly outplayed by Kostopoulos, who was never counted on to be a scorer. Maybe I'm being too pessimistic but I expect Lats to remain a 3rd or 4th line player when Max Pacioretty show up in a year or two.

Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2008, 04:44 PM
Corey

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
I thionk a lot of players are finding out that what works during a season, is very different from what works when youy see the same team for 2 weeks. Notice that the last few games, who's been standing in front and competing for rebounds ? Koivu. You get to a point that the curl and drag and look for the trailer plays, just aren't there.

I don't think anyone is traffic shy, though Pleks has taken some shortcuts. I think everyone's working, but a few guys are lost right now. The younger players are learning that the playoffs demand a differnt type of commitment. I believe in the characater of most of them and think they'll continue improving but right now, Koivu's the one showing where you have to go to score.

Plekanec scored 2 key goals in the last 2 games. He's done a lot more recently than the brothers.

Old
05-01-2008, 04:51 PM
Corey

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepperMonkey View Post
Many? RIght now I would say no one does...well, none of our offensive guys anyhow.
Generally speaking I couldn't care less how we do it but at the end of the game, we need to score more. Lats in front of the net? Fine. Lats IN the net? Fine. Lats taking a shot from our blueline and scoring? Fine. Someone actually scoring on those empty nets? Fine. We just need to bloody finish.

Did you overlook Koivu? Goals? Assists? Key faceoffs?