HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

My 04/05 dream line

Closed Thread

Old
05-19-2004, 04:05 AM
Jamie

vCash: 500
My 04/05 dream line

Okay, I don't know why I decided to post this, but with Kariya a UFA, I thought up what would be my dream line for next season. First, sign Kariya. Second, convert Isbister to center during the offseason. Thirdly throw Hemsky on to the RW. Then, try and use the line against other teams bottom 2 lines, limiting there even strength time, but use them tons on the PP. I think it would be exciting to watch those 3 together, and I think it would REALLY help Isbister and Hemsky. Hemsky IMO, would become twice(well, maybe not that much) the player playing a season with Kariya. They'd be damn exciting to watch too. Isbister would be skating hard to keep up on the rush's, and would keep him focused and would start hitting more for it.

Money wise, I'm sure we could figure out a way. Salo's big one is gone, Oates, Nedved is a maybe. Deal Laraque and Cross, Smith if you gotta, and raise the team's overall team salary a bit, and I think you can afford him pretty easily.

Anyways, critize, post your dream line for next season, compliment(lol, ya right), or say anything else you want too.

Old
05-19-2004, 04:12 AM
s7ark
LeonTheProfessional

In fantasy land I would love for the Oilers to get Palffy.

Smyth - Nedved - Palffy

mmmmmm goood .

no WAY can we afford him though. Not unless the Oilers get a billionare owner like the Sens..

Smyth - Nedved - Palffy
Torres - York - Dvorak
Isbister - Reasoner - Hemsky
Moreau - Stoll - Horcoff

Old
05-19-2004, 04:12 AM
punk_o_holic

This would be mine....Dallas decides not to offer Arnott a contract making a UFA. Edm signs him to a long term contract.(he's my fav player and yes there is no way he comes back) Then Nedved is ok with being a #2 center and signs a long term contract....I would rather have Teemu Sallanee <-sp? then Kariya, me think Teemu will be a good fit in edm and will re discover his scoring touch. Also for some reason i want Ricci, if he's a UfA, Osgood or Snow over Markannen(dont ask why)

Old
05-19-2004, 04:26 AM
Mowzie
Asst. Dishwasher

ok, since its a dream line...

Kovalchuk-Marleau-Hemsky

but in a realistic dream world...

Smyth-Nedved-Hemsky, plain and simple.

Old
05-19-2004, 12:49 PM
mackdogs*

I'm really interested to see what Kariya will make for his next contract after turning his back on the Ducks and low-balling himself to join the underachievalanche last year. I think he will end up playing in Van, his home city. There's been a lot of rumblings about him coming back here.

My dream first line would be:
Smyth-Nedved-Hemsky

Please keep Neds!

Old
05-19-2004, 01:01 PM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
What about Shananhan? Experienced winner, lots of grit and toughness and he's still deadly in the slot and would no doubt hugely improve our PP! My dream line"s":

Smyth-York-Shanahan
Dvorak-Neved-Hemsky

I don't think Shanny is near the end of his days as a 25 goal scorer, and he's great two ways. You could gladly throw out that first line against any other line in the league and feel safe. Also - I think that a person could sign him for 3.5ish. S-Y-S line would drive other team crazy goin to the net and finishing checks etc.

Old
05-19-2004, 01:13 PM
Mizral

Dvorak sucks on the left wing last he played there (last I remember at least).

Torres/Nedved/Dvorak
Smyth/York/Hemsky

Am I the only one who likes that top 6?

Old
05-19-2004, 04:56 PM
Master Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizral

Torres/Nedved/Dvorak
Smyth/York/Hemsky

No, I like those lines. Blech on Shanahan. Too old. Too expensive. Stick with the kids. Blech on Kariya as well.

Old
05-19-2004, 04:58 PM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

oh, don't get me wrong -I'm not saying we should through the money out there or anything - I love what our top six cuold/should be this year - we have two REALLY good second lines is the way I look at it, while alot of the playoff teams have one good first line and one below average second line.

Old
05-19-2004, 09:09 PM
Bergeron47

Smyth-Nedved-Iginla

Old
05-19-2004, 09:15 PM
Jamie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizral

Torres/Nedved/Dvorak
Smyth/York/Hemsky

That's why I call my line the 3rd line I just think my line would be fun to watch, and I think they'd match each other's skills perfectly, hense making Hemsky and Isbister better players for it. And I really think Isbister would make a better center than winger. Certainly something I'd try if I was the coach. And definetly would've tried him there before Smytty.

Old
05-19-2004, 09:25 PM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie
That's why I call my line the 3rd line I just think my line would be fun to watch, and I think they'd match each other's skills perfectly, hense making Hemsky and Isbister better players for it. And I really think Isbister would make a better center than winger. Certainly something I'd try if I was the coach. And definetly would've tried him there before Smytty.
I talked about trying Izzy at center WAY WAY earlier in the year actually - and still think it'd be a good idea. I would think that one of the main reasons that he wasn't tried is because he'd only played a handful of games for the Oilers already neways. But ya, he's decent on faceoffs - and you gotta believe that with some actual dedication and work to him taking faceoffs he could become an asset on the dots. If we don't bring in/sign any centers (including Nedved) I'd like to see him tried at center with Hemsky and Smyth (like at the start of the year, but with Smyth and Izzy switched).

Closed Thread