HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Simple YES or NO....are we done?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-01-2008, 02:19 PM
  #101
WeThreeKings
Registered User
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 34,493
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
If we can score the first goal in all three games, we'll be fine.

WeThreeKings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2008, 02:20 PM
  #102
flyer_fury
Registered User
 
flyer_fury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: No-Town PA
Country: United States
Posts: 291
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania View Post
I know you're not hab fans....

but you are all cut too... ala Homer Simpson.
i have no idea what your talking about but i'll assume it's a compliment and thank you accordingly (sp)

flyer_fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2008, 02:23 PM
  #103
Kosti46
Registered User
 
Kosti46's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,432
vCash: 500
NO. The ...NEVER GIVE UP...banner is flying.


Kosti46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2008, 02:33 PM
  #104
Beakermania*
 
Beakermania*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Kingston or Hamilton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,964
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyer_fury View Post
i have no idea what your talking about but i'll assume it's a compliment and thank you accordingly (sp)
I can't find a YouTube of it.... but this classic episode....

http://www.tv.com/episode/1469/summary.html

Homer: [Over the closing credits] Scully, you're cut. Brooks, Groening, Simon, you're all cut. Castellaneta, gone. Kavner, cut, Cartwright, cut. Smith, sorry, cut. Azaria, Shearer, you're cut. Firestone, you're cut. So is Judge. Namath, you stay. All of those people are cut. Johnson, Wolfe and Silverman are all cut. Goldfire, O'Brien gone. Cut, Elliot, I don't know what you're doing here because you're all cut. Pietela, Kuwahaha. There's so many cuts here, look, I'll just post them up and you see where your name is. Look how many cuts there are there. Woah boy! You're cut. All of you! You're cut. I cut you! [ Gracie Films logo, "shhhhh"] You're cut too, shusshy!

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2008, 02:35 PM
  #105
Fido22
Registered User
 
Fido22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 5,690
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania View Post
I can't find a YouTube of it.... but this classic episode....

http://www.tv.com/episode/1469/summary.html

Homer: [Over the closing credits] Scully, you're cut. Brooks, Groening, Simon, you're all cut. Castellaneta, gone. Kavner, cut, Cartwright, cut. Smith, sorry, cut. Azaria, Shearer, you're cut. Firestone, you're cut. So is Judge. Namath, you stay. All of those people are cut. Johnson, Wolfe and Silverman are all cut. Goldfire, O'Brien gone. Cut, Elliot, I don't know what you're doing here because you're all cut. Pietela, Kuwahaha. There's so many cuts here, look, I'll just post them up and you see where your name is. Look how many cuts there are there. Woah boy! You're cut. All of you! You're cut. I cut you! [ Gracie Films logo, "shhhhh"] You're cut too, shusshy!
Classic.

Matched only by the new German owners announcement of fired employees, in alphabetical order.

Fido22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2008, 02:36 PM
  #106
Zeus54
Trollololol
 
Zeus54's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: on tilt
Posts: 6,228
vCash: 500
No.


I still believe. It's all about taking one game at a time. Also, don't know if anybody else brought this up, but this is a series I haven't forgotten about...

2000 Eastern Conference Finals
Philadelphia (1) vs. New Jersey (4)
May 14 New Jersey Philadelphia NJ up 1-0
May 16 New Jersey Philadelphia Series tied 1-1
May 18 Philadelphia New Jersey PHI up 2-1
May 20 Philadelphia New Jersey PHI up 3-1
May 22 New Jersey Philadelphia PHI up 3-2
May 24 Philadelphia New Jersey Series tied 3-3
May 26 New Jersey Philadelphia NJ wins series 4-3

Zeus54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2008, 02:39 PM
  #107
Ra
satan is my homie
 
Ra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,275
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColePens View Post
Yes

You have a 6% chance of coming back from 3-1...

Good luck w/ that..
So.. you're telling me there is a chance!

YEAHHHH


Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2008, 02:39 PM
  #108
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant
 
VAN-HAB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Port Moody BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,961
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Santana View Post
No.


I still believe. It's all about taking one game at a time. Also, don't know if anybody else brought this up, but this is a series I haven't forgotten about...

2000 Eastern Conference Finals
Philadelphia (1) vs. New Jersey (4)
May 14 New Jersey Philadelphia NJ up 1-0
May 16 New Jersey Philadelphia Series tied 1-1
May 18 Philadelphia New Jersey PHI up 2-1
May 20 Philadelphia New Jersey PHI up 3-1
May 22 New Jersey Philadelphia PHI up 3-2
May 24 Philadelphia New Jersey Series tied 3-3
May 26 New Jersey Philadelphia NJ wins series 4-3
thank you very much sir

VAN-HAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2008, 02:41 PM
  #109
C-Saku Koivu MTL
Registered User
 
C-Saku Koivu MTL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,377
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Santana View Post
No.


I still believe. It's all about taking one game at a time. Also, don't know if anybody else brought this up, but this is a series I haven't forgotten about...

2000 Eastern Conference Finals
Philadelphia (1) vs. New Jersey (4)
May 14 New Jersey Philadelphia NJ up 1-0
May 16 New Jersey Philadelphia Series tied 1-1
May 18 Philadelphia New Jersey PHI up 2-1
May 20 Philadelphia New Jersey PHI up 3-1
May 22 New Jersey Philadelphia PHI up 3-2
May 24 Philadelphia New Jersey Series tied 3-3
May 26 New Jersey Philadelphia NJ wins series 4-3
And we can also use Washington this year, only with a hopefully better ending. But Philly probably learn their lesson in the first round.

We have the team to come back, we proved it all year long, let's keep our hopes up!

C-Saku Koivu MTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2008, 02:46 PM
  #110
Capitano
Registered User
 
Capitano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,286
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by C-Saku Koivu MTL View Post
And we can also use Washington this year, only with a hopefully better ending. But Philly probably learn their lesson in the first round.

We have the team to come back, we proved it all year long, let's keep our hopes up!
We'll see

I'll say it again, if we win game 5, we win this series.

Capitano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2008, 02:48 PM
  #111
C-Saku Koivu MTL
Registered User
 
C-Saku Koivu MTL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,377
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitano View Post
We'll see

I'll say it again, if we win game 5, we win this series.
I said who wins game 4 wins the series. Hopefully your right and I'm wrong...dead wrong.

C-Saku Koivu MTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2008, 02:55 PM
  #112
Capitano
Registered User
 
Capitano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,286
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by C-Saku Koivu MTL View Post
I said who wins game 4 wins the series. Hopefully your right and I'm wrong...dead wrong.
This is such a weird series - I can't admit defeat because we haven't played "poorly" since game 1. It would be easy to think that we'd roll over and die though, that much is true.

Our PP is dead, that won us a lot of games during the season so that's a big problem.

But even without the PP, we're getting chances to score.

It can be done, 2 out of 3 at home. We have never put any pressure on Philly at all, they have been able to play a patient game (credit is deserved) but let's see if we can give them something to worry about and go from there.

Capitano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2008, 02:58 PM
  #113
C-Saku Koivu MTL
Registered User
 
C-Saku Koivu MTL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,377
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitano View Post
This is such a weird series - I can't admit defeat because we haven't played "poorly" since game 1. It would be easy to think that we'd roll over and die though, that much is true.

Our PP is dead, that won us a lot of games during the season so that's a big problem.

But even without the PP, we're getting chances to score.

It can be done, 2 out of 3 at home. We have never put any pressure on Philly at all, they have been able to play a patient game (credit is deserved) but let's see if we can give them something to worry about and go from there.
If Philly can win 3 straight game against us, we sure as hell can too. Needs a little luck and help from our ghost though...

C-Saku Koivu MTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2008, 03:02 PM
  #114
otto bond
Registered User
 
otto bond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,853
vCash: 500
NO



go habs go

otto bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2008, 03:14 PM
  #115
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban
 
Team_Spirit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 20,570
vCash: 700
No

Flyers suck, it's just a metter of getting the bounces.

Team_Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2008, 03:15 PM
  #116
bruinforstanley
Registered User
 
bruinforstanley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Central MA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,056
vCash: 500
Yes!

bruinforstanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2008, 03:16 PM
  #117
Montreal Shadow
Registered User
 
Montreal Shadow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,989
vCash: 500
Nice thread, but NO Montreal isn't done at all.

Montreal Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2008, 03:18 PM
  #118
Gros Bill
Registered User
 
Gros Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Country: Rwanda
Posts: 5,903
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruinforstanley View Post
Yes!
Listen up folks, we've got an expert on early eliminations here. Gather round while he tells us how his team does it, year after year

Gros Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2008, 03:18 PM
  #119
Beakermania*
 
Beakermania*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Kingston or Hamilton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,964
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruinforstanley View Post
Yes!
The question was Are WE Done??

Yes The Bruins are done... we already knew that.....

You don't get a vote in the montreal fans thread.... discuss if you want, but you don't get a vote.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2008, 03:21 PM
  #120
BLONG7
Registered User
 
BLONG7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Nova Scotia
Posts: 12,388
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roo View Post
You guys really dont give your team enough credit. I can see many more teams with less soul/emotion in this league. If any team can do it, I would put my money on yours.

Not over by a long shot.

Was it over when you were up 3-1 on BOS? You are running into their exact situation. A HOT goalie. What do you do? Make sure he cant see shots. Your team needs to do a better job screening him. One game is all it takes, win one, and you have the momentum going back into Philly. Pull that one off and its your series to lose.

Montreal can win 3 games in a row, no doubt.
Well said...

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2008, 03:22 PM
  #121
One Trick Pony
Registered User
 
One Trick Pony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,585
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitano View Post
We'll see

I'll say it again, if we win game 5, we win this series.
I say it's game 6. Game 5 is the easiest of the 3 remaining games (if there are 3).

One Trick Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2008, 03:22 PM
  #122
HabuseMoi
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,328
vCash: 500
since this serie hasn't made any sense at all since the beginning, we'll come back and win it in 7, or maybe 8 if you want things to make even less sense.

HabuseMoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2008, 03:30 PM
  #123
bruinforstanley
Registered User
 
bruinforstanley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Central MA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,056
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania View Post
The question was Are WE Done??

Yes The Bruins are done... we already knew that.....

You don't get a vote in the montreal fans thread.... discuss if you want, but you don't get a vote.

I believe the thread title was "Siimple YES or NO...."

I simply said Yes.

I was under the impression this was a public post.

No need to get upset.

bruinforstanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2008, 03:33 PM
  #124
anarmandaleb
 
anarmandaleb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Hiding in a blanket
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,619
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruinforstanley View Post
I believe the thread title was "Siimple YES or NO...."

I simply said Yes.

I was under the impression this was a public post.

No need to get upset.
Yeah, well your tone said "Bitter Bruins fan."

anarmandaleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2008, 03:33 PM
  #125
habfan4
Registered User
 
habfan4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Deus Amat Pretzel
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,424
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gros Bill View Post
Listen up folks, we've got an expert on early eliminations here. Gather round while he tells us how his team does it, year after year
Did you ever know that you're my hero?

habfan4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:34 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.