HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Alexander Perezhogin

Old
05-02-2008, 12:47 AM
HardcoreHab
A Man With No Plan

vCash: 835
Good ol' Captain Hook. I don't want guys that don't want to be here. He could have probably earned a bigger role this season, but didn't have the patience to wait it out. May he continue to have success in Russia. Doesn't really matter to me.

HardcoreHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2008, 12:55 AM
LV Hab

vCash: 500
This team has no room for Perezhogin right now. The Kostitsyn's took the spot he was gunning for the past few seasons. The Habs need guys in the mold of Pacioretty slotting into our highly skilled forward lines. The guy was a decent player, but he is not a big enough difference maker if we're thinking about the Stanley Cup. He left the team for greener pastures and fans need to move on as well.

To the people slagging on Koivu and Kovy for getting those lazy hooking and interference calls in the offensive zone, I can vividly remember Perezhogin infuriating me for doing the same thing. Only difference is that he does not remotely contribute to the offense or leadership like Koivu and Kovy.

LV Hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2008, 01:09 AM
Erika

Quote:
Originally Posted by LV Hab View Post
This team has no room for Perezhogin right now. The Kostitsyn's took the spot he was gunning for the past few seasons. The Habs need guys in the mold of Pacioretty slotting into our highly skilled forward lines. The guy was a decent player, but he is not a big enough difference maker if we're thinking about the Stanley Cup. He left the team for greener pastures and fans need to move on as well.

To the people slagging on Koivu and Kovy for getting those lazy hooking and interference calls in the offensive zone, I can vividly remember Perezhogin infuriating me for doing the same thing. Only difference is that he does not remotely contribute to the offense or leadership like Koivu and Kovy.

If Chris Higgins can put around 55 points a year playing on the first line, Alexander Perezhogin can pretty much do it too, given his skills, shots, speed and forechecking abilities.

Last edited by Beakermania*: 05-02-2008 at 01:46 AM.
Erika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2008, 08:19 AM
superstar436

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-2 Schneider View Post
Nah, he's a turbo charged version of Reggie Houle.He'll be the ultimate top 9 utility forward, and if he could raise his shooting percentage by 10%, he'll escape being another Brian Savage.If he can't, he could still end up being the best high scoring 3rd liner in the game.
the guy is a proven 20-25 goal scorer. that is top 6 for sure.

superstar436 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2008, 08:24 AM
LyleOdelein

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardcoreHab View Post
Good ol' Captain Hook. I don't want guys that don't want to be here. He could have probably earned a bigger role this season, but didn't have the patience to wait it out. May he continue to have success in Russia. Doesn't really matter to me.
I agree with Cookie Monster.

LyleOdelein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2008, 08:51 AM
Joe Cole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
The Habs are bigger up the middle than Phillie or Boston...why is that an issue?

Koivu bigger than Briere
Plekanec almost as big as Richards(5'10" 195 vs 5'11" 195)
Smolinski is as big as Carter(6'2" 210 vs 6'3" 200)
Lapierre is bigger than Dowd(6'2" 210 vs 5'10" 185)

Same goes for Savard Bergeron Kessel Metropoilit Krejci who are even smaller.
This has to be one of the worst analysis' of experience/talent/skill/role I have seen on this board.

I mean seriously... are you saying that Plekanec and Richards have the same role on their teams? Smolinski and Carter? Lapierre and Dowd?

If you cannot see hat Montreal's problem for the past 10 years has been size down the middle...

Joe Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2008, 04:53 AM
mad_hab'er

Alexander Perezhogin did not intend to hit Stafford in the face with his stick.... WRONG! He knew exactly what he was doing.

Alexander Perezhogin could score 30 goals with Canadiens.... WRONG! The guy is a total waste of cap-space, ice-time and talent. He could score 30 goals in a beer league -- if the goalies were drunk.

Alexander Perezhogin only gets a bad rep because he's Russian and not 'another French-Canadian' ..... WRONG! He gets a bad rep because he was given chance after chance to be a professional and time and again he demonstrated that he has the brains of a child and is about as professional as a homeless begger.

Alexander Perezhogin would've done better in Montreal if he were actually given some talented wingers.... WRONG! He would've done better in Montreal if he had stayed in Russia in the first place.

The guy is a total loser, a disgrace to Russians all over the world and is not worthy of wearing the Canadiens jersey. Enough said.

mad_hab'er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2008, 05:29 PM
transitguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by superstar436 View Post
would have been a good option to play on the RW with koivu and higgs
You can put skosty on the RW/c/LW with lapierre and tender

Lappy is not a 3rd line player let alone a 3rd line cman
"Lappy" is not even an NHL calibre player, never mind this 3rd line player crap.

transitguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2008, 05:51 PM
Brass

Pepepepepe Peper! pEpper PervozéGin Parzovagwine Peppepepe eppepe *cough* Perzégovin Non merci , a toi alain

Brass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2008, 05:55 PM
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

Quote:
Originally Posted by transitguy View Post
"Lappy" is not even an NHL calibre player, never mind this 3rd line player crap.
Stupid comment. The guy recently turned 23 and even though he has some bad games in the playoffs he has been pretty good for the most part. Hard to look impressive when you're playing with guys like Streit and Dandenault.

YMCMBeaulieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2008, 07:58 PM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad_hab'er View Post
Alexander Perezhogin did not intend to hit Stafford in the face with his stick.... WRONG! He knew exactly what he was doing.

Alexander Perezhogin could score 30 goals with Canadiens.... WRONG! The guy is a total waste of cap-space, ice-time and talent. He could score 30 goals in a beer league -- if the goalies were drunk.

Alexander Perezhogin only gets a bad rep because he's Russian and not 'another French-Canadian' ..... WRONG! He gets a bad rep because he was given chance after chance to be a professional and time and again he demonstrated that he has the brains of a child and is about as professional as a homeless begger.

Alexander Perezhogin would've done better in Montreal if he were actually given some talented wingers.... WRONG! He would've done better in Montreal if he had stayed in Russia in the first place.

The guy is a total loser, a disgrace to Russians all over the world and is not worthy of wearing the Canadiens jersey. Enough said.
This is an intelligent and well thought out post....WRONG! Climb back into your hole where you belong.

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2008, 11:57 PM
Erika

Bump !!

A little update on Alexander Perezhogin stats in the KHL.

He has 13 goals, 3 assists for 16 points in 18 games played. He also lead his team in +/- category with +12.

Alexander Radulov has 6 goals, 9 assists for 15 points in 18 games played, +8

Hope he continues like this. MVP of the league maybe ?

With a few UFA at the end of the year, I hope Perezhogin is reconsidaring returning to the NHL.

Erika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 12:25 AM
CPrice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erika Kostitsyn View Post
Bump !!

He has 13 goals, 3 assists for 16 points in 18 games played. He also lead his team in +/- category with +12.

With a few UFA at the end of the year, I hope Perezhogin is reconsidaring returning to the NHL.

So in other words he's on the same level as Radulov. I'm disappointed we lost him but the team still looks great with out him.

CPrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 12:45 AM
JMMR

Send a message via MSN to JMMR Send a message via Yahoo to JMMR
I would never say no to him coming back.
But he seems like the type of player happy to be in Russia and im not sure he will ever get the money he is getting there

JMMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 01:08 AM
mlandry

Horse. Dead. Leave it alone.

Seriously, he turned his back on us. Him coming back = controversy = bad for the team = keep him in Russia.

mlandry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 01:35 AM
Rise from the Ashes
@JoelGabbayNHL

Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
Trade. Bait.

Rise from the Ashes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 02:15 AM
Galchenyuk x 27

vCash: 50
not interested

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 05:40 AM
GoneAway

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erika Kostitsyn View Post
Bump !!

Meaningless stat...

He had more points than Kovulchuk in the RSL during the lockout and that doesnt translate to success at the NHL level.

Old
10-21-2008, 05:56 AM
Blades 0f Steel

People on here often talk about Perezhogin the myth, rather than Perezhogin the man. Perezhogin the myth never took bad penalties, was head and shoulders above everyone else on Hamilton & got a raw deal from Carbo. Perezhogin the man looked more and more like he would turn into a skilled 3rd liner.

Remember the other threads people made in 2007, praying for his return as if he would ignite the Habs & be able to step right into the top line? Those people must have had him confused with A.Kost.

Blades 0f Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 06:37 AM
wedge

I really liked him and thought he wasn't used correctly. But young players have to pay their dues before getting a big role.

I don't think he'll be back. He seems happy in the KHL, gets a lot of money and plays at home. Good for him.

wedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 07:15 AM
Patty Roy

I'd take him back in a heartbeat.

Nobody can blame him for going back to Russia. He didn't have a contract with us and got alot more money to play there than he would have made here.

He's a guy with alot of skill and was always good on the forecheck. I'd easily welcome him back but i dont see it ever happening. With the success he's having in the KHL, he will surely get good money to stay...better money than the Habs will ever give him to come back here.

Patty Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 07:22 AM
centrehice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty Roy View Post
I'd take him back in a heartbeat.

Nobody can blame him for going back to Russia. He didn't have a contract with us and got alot more money to play there than he would have made here.

He's a guy with alot of skill and was always good on the forecheck. I'd easily welcome him back but i dont see it ever happening. With the success he's having in the KHL, he will surely get good money to stay...better money than the Habs will ever give him to come back here.
Exactly. He didn't exactly pull a Radulov on us.

Saying him coming back would create a controversy is a little far fetched.

centrehice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 07:39 AM
Nova_Scotia_Vees

I would love to see him come back, i'm sure we can make room for im somewhere.

Nova_Scotia_Vees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 07:53 AM
znk

I'd be curious to see how he matured as a player.

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 08:04 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blades 0f Steel View Post
People on here often talk about Perezhogin the myth, rather than Perezhogin the man. Perezhogin the myth never took bad penalties, was head and shoulders above everyone else on Hamilton & got a raw deal from Carbo. Perezhogin the man looked more and more like he would turn into a skilled 3rd liner.
Well said

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote